Gully
12-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Gene is going to be on "around 9:30".

tony
12-19-2011, 02:45 PM
GT is on now.

Gully
12-19-2011, 02:49 PM
He confirmed the allotment was 4,000 tickets. He anticipates they will all be sold. NDSU is trying to do all they can to get as many tickets as possible.

"I would secure a ticket as soon as you can." Gene Taylor

HooliganBison
12-19-2011, 02:51 PM
He confirmed the allotment was 4,000 tickets. He anticipates they will all be sold. NDSU is trying to do all they can to get as many tickets as possible.

"I would secure a ticket as soon as you can." Gene Taylor

I will second that with him saying if you can get them on your own you would be smart to do so and cancel your order with the ticket office.

Bison bison
12-19-2011, 03:09 PM
I will second that with him saying if you can get them on your own you would be smart to do so and cancel your order with the ticket office.

Got that Bisonvillians. If you've already secured your tickets please cancel your order with the ticket office.

Superfan
12-19-2011, 03:15 PM
I didn't get to listen to the interview but I'm assuming you're being sarcastic? I'm having a mini panic attack here. Haven't gotten tickets yet.

Bison bison
12-19-2011, 03:16 PM
That's exactly what he said.

BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW!

Once you get them, drop your NDSU order.

roadwarrior
12-19-2011, 03:31 PM
Gene also said they were meeting with the NCAA at 10am this morning and they were going to try and get more tickets in out allotment.

Gully
12-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Gene also said they were meeting with the NCAA at 10am this morning and they were going to try and get more tickets in out allotment.

I'm somewhat optimistic this will happen. I just can't imagine what the NCAA will do with all of these other tickets. There can't be that many casual fb fans in Dallas that want to watch this game.

Superfan
12-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Has anyone bought their tickets yet? I've gone through the NCAA site and it says "There are no tickets available that meet your request". Even if I try 1 ticket. Am I doing something wrong or is this bitch sold out pending alloted seats.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Has anyone bought their tickets yet? I've gone through the NCAA site and it says "There are no tickets available that meet your request". Even if I try 1 ticket. Am I doing something wrong or is this bitch sold out pending alloted seats.

Look at the picture from last years game. Lots of empty seats. It won't sell out.

It will be just like the Gophers game this year. Everyone was saying it was sold out 3 months prior, but on the day of the game I could have bought tickets on the 50 from a scalper 1 block from the stadium.

BisonBabe
12-19-2011, 03:52 PM

We bought out tickets on Saturday after the game...went to the closest WIFI hotspot and logged into my laptop...yes the NCAA site is showing sold out but there have to be some out there...

MN_Moose
12-19-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm somewhat optimistic this will happen. I just can't imagine what the NCAA will do with all of these other tickets. There can't be that many casual fb fans in Dallas that want to watch this game.

What generally happens is the committee in Frisco gets local supporters to purchase tickets long before the mtachups are known. Thus avoiding financial ruin. Those locals willingly sell their tickets as you are now finding them.

Tatanka
12-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Look at the picture from last years game. Lots of empty seats. It won't sell out.

Perhaps, but consider that maybe Eastern Washington (averaged what? 4000 at home) and Delaware (we don't want to go all the way to Texas) suck as fans. NDSU travels better than either of those two (and I would wager a majority of FCS) and our opponent is 200 miles away from the stadium. Not that you won't be able to scalp a ticket but this has all the makings of a sellout.

SDbison
12-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Perhaps, but consider that maybe Eastern Washington (averaged what? 4000 at home) and Delaware (we don't want to go all the way to Texas) suck as fans. NDSU travels better than either of those two (and I would wager a majority of FCS) and our opponent is 200 miles away from the stadium. Not that you won't be able to scalp a ticket but this has all the makings of a sellout. I agree 100%. More chance this is a sell out than not.

90BISON
12-19-2011, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't bet a large amount of money, that it WON'T sell out.......I would assume, there is going to be a lot of activity, buying and selling, on the retail sites, after the allotment deadline, for people that hedged their bet and bought some on Stubhub, etc, but then also got picked for the NDSU lottery because of their points...... I didn't take any chances and just locked up 4 right away.......might have been a little silly to pay double face, but time will tell I guess, and I'm not going to plan a 1,222 mile trip without tickets in-hand!