PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs. Bama - Hypothetical

TheBisonator
12-19-2011, 01:39 AM
Bama beat GSU 45-21, yet we all know the bragging GSU fans were doing about running for 300+ on them.

I would like to think NDSU would stay in the game till maybe late in the 3rd/early in the 4th. I think our D would give Bama issues more so than probably half the teams they played this year. LSU held them to 6 points. While I don't think at all that the Bison could do the same, I think I would predict a lower scoring game with a final of NDSU 13 Bama 27 (a lot of FGs in the game).

Your thoughts??

tjbison
12-19-2011, 01:42 AM
I am much more interested in talking about SHSU, Bama did NOT play t their full potential against GSU they looked down on them much like we would to a DII. We would NOT beat Bama

HandoEX
12-19-2011, 01:43 AM
Why?

:facepalm:

CaBisonFan
Bama beat GSU 45-21, yet we all know the bragging GSU fans were doing about running for 300+ on them.

I would like to think NDSU would stay in the game till maybe late in the 3rd/early in the 4th. I think our D would give Bama issues more so than probably half the teams they played this year. LSU held them to 6 points. While I don't think at all that the Bison could do the same, I think I would predict a lower scoring game with a final of NDSU 13 Bama 27 (a lot of FGs in the game).

Your thoughts??

We could play them to the wire. Advantage 'bama with over-all speed on defense. We'd make it very interesting.

I wouldn't be afraid of that matchup at all.

TheBisonator
Why?

:facepalm:

Let me have my fun, Buzz Killington. Lest you want to tell me a good story about a bridge....

CAS4127
12-19-2011, 01:44 AM
My thoughts?! Lock and or delete this b/4 we make ss.com prepoterous statement thread-->but thats just me!!

NDSU92
12-19-2011, 01:44 AM
Bama REALLY overlooked GSU...I really don't think we would've done much better

TheBisonator
12-19-2011, 01:45 AM
My thoughts?! Lock and or delete this b/4 we make ss.com prepoterous statement thread-->but thats just me!!

Again, Mr. Killington, tell me again about the origin of the Doily Cott Opera Company.

TheBisonator
12-19-2011, 01:46 AM
Some of you people have not a fun blood cell running thru your veins. These are EXACTLY the times where it's OK to speculate and dream about big things. You bunch of North Dakotans. "How DARE you suggest we even THINK about playing the Number Two team in FBS??? That's too big time for me to comprehend!! It makes me scared!!!!"

CaBisonFan
12-19-2011, 01:48 AM
Some of you people have not a fun blood cell running thru your veins. These are EXACTLY the times where it's OK to speculate and dream about big things. You bunch of North Dakotans. "How DARE you suggest we even THINK about playing the Number Two team in FBS??? That's too big time for me to comprehend!! It makes me scared!!!!"

Wait...you can't celebrate. Who gave you permission? Beware the whiteout bottle.

PaBizon
12-19-2011, 01:48 AM

Agreed. Needs to go bye bye.

CAS4127
12-19-2011, 01:49 AM
Again, Mr. Killington, tell me again about the origin of the Doily Cott Opera Company.

OK-->I don't like Opera.

TheBisonator
12-19-2011, 01:50 AM
Does this topic scare you pussies???

MNLonghorn10
ndsu would get destroyed by bama. bama probably brought their c-/d game to gsu.

ndsu winning would make app st and michigan look like ysu/ndsu

chuckles
ButBamma....

TheBisonator
12-19-2011, 01:51 AM
ndsu would get destroyed by bama. bama probably brought their c-/d game to gsu.

ndsu winning would make app st and michigan look like ysu/ndsu

At least you're being honest and talking about it, I can respect that.

CaBisonFan
OK-->I don't like Opera.

You been in Hillsboro way two long CASeronni. See your an opera singer.

MNLonghorn10
At least you're being honest and talking about it, I can respect that.
theres nothin to talk about.

TheBisonator
12-19-2011, 01:52 AM
This topic is for men with testicles only.

Again, how close could we keep it with Bama?? I think our D could neutralize their O to an extent, but they are too athletic for our players and the stamina difference would show by the 4th quarter.

tjbison
12-19-2011, 01:54 AM
Does this topic scare you pussies???

Why does this make us pussy's???? Its the same type of thread some on here would hammer in the ground if another fanbase brought it up, so why have it on here?? We will not be playing Bama, Bama would KILL us if they played at 100% and if they played GSU again they would kill them also. GSU was jacked up to be there, BAMA was thinking about the next game and the little guy shocked them for a bit

MNLonghorn10
12-19-2011, 01:55 AM
we lose 70-3 if both teams bring it.

bamas defense has multiple first round picks all over the place. our defense has a few probably invite to camp players on it. outside of every 1st and 2nd teamer on bama blowing their acl's in the first qtr and ndsu faces their scout team...this shouldnt even be a thread.

OrygunBison
12-19-2011, 02:07 AM
We'd get destroyed. Stupid thread.

I'm pretty fired up about this team, too. I just don't think dreaming about this kinda crap makes much sense at all. We have something special going on right fucking now. Just enjoy it for Pete's sake.

squarepeg
12-19-2011, 02:08 AM
The second worst SEC team beat Montana 42-16. As good as we are, 0-8 in the SEC would likely be our fate.

Bison bison
We'd roll the tide like we roll canola back on the farm BABY!

mnriverbison
I am much more interested in talking about SHSU, Bama did NOT play t their full potential against GSU they looked down on them much like we would to a DII. We would NOT beat Bama

This. If we played a game where Bama had as much reason as we do to be up for the game, they name their score (probably in the 70-3 range) and anyone who thinks otherwise is wearing green and gold glasses and is probably blackout drunk.

This is like extrapolating our MN score out against their schedule. Ludicrous. @USC, IA, IL, @Mich State are all 4 TD losses for the Bison in some alternate world where those teams take us as seriously as we take them.

With that said, I truly think that the Bison would compete for a MAC title this year if we could keep injuries down. And I'll add this. I think Brock has a chance to be the next Flacco.

JustinTyem
12-19-2011, 02:33 AM
http://nationalsportsrankings.com/index.php?option=com_oneonone The REAL BISON FANS and Family, dont fear anyone as a Team or Individual. So why are some people so quick to talk trash to their teammates(Individual fans)??? I find that TACKY!!!!

Notorious
12-19-2011, 02:38 AM
Alabama 56
NDSU 7

Have I ever been wrong?

MNLonghorn10
12-19-2011, 02:42 AM
http://nationalsportsrankings.com/index.php?option=com_oneonone The REAL BISON FANS and Family, dont fear anyone as a Team or Individual. So why are some people so quick to talk trash to their teammates(Individual fans)??? I find that TACKY!!!!
lmfao. so its settled.

Alabama(2011) wins 100 of 100 matchups against North Dakota St.(2011)

JustinTyem
12-19-2011, 03:01 AM
lmfao. so its settled.

Alabama(2011) wins 100 of 100 matchups against North Dakota St.(2011)Who cares who we play,the BISON will play anybody, anywhere,anytime. Will they beat anybody??? Well its a game,that is played by humans,not computers. Thats why I put that link up there!!!!

ndsubison1
12-19-2011, 03:06 AM
I doubt bama prepared as much as we did and they were without a few starters vs gsu. a thread like this is why ppl think our fan base is delusional

squarepeg
12-19-2011, 03:14 AM
Who cares who we play,the BISON will play anybody, anywhere,anytime. Will they beat anybody??? Well its a game,that is played by humans,not computers. Thats why I put that link up there!!!!

Other than Mayville and Minot of course, or even UND for some. Those we can turn away because they can't beat us or we're superior, in which case I guess we really won't play anybody, anytime. Bring on the Packers!!!

VanClubPres
12-19-2011, 03:16 AM
Dumbest thread award. Let's have a thread about SHSU.

td577
12-19-2011, 03:21 AM
Their depth would kill us. Even the goofers and their 20 some extra scholarships were showing a little more team stamina in the 4th quarter. They just sucked and made mistakes. With Bama, I think our starters could hang for a little bit with their starters but they would bring two more deep at every position with only a hair difference in skill difference. So if you could line the teams up and were only allowed to bring 22 guys per team, then they might have a chance to stay in the game. Also, the top, elite teams in the nation have phenomenal football speed. So even if you neutralize the speed with strategy, they have 5 more guys that can come in with a different look.

I would love for the Bison to play a top 5 team in the nation, but it really would be a case where we have no chance.

BlueBisonRock
12-19-2011, 03:37 AM
Since we were challenged, here is a reference for the D'Oyly Carte Opera Company. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D'Oyly_Carte_Opera_Company We can consider that part of the arguement closed.

It didn't make any more sense than a family guy video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHYYkZpZGjo&feature=player_embedded) or NDSU playing Bama. We (Bisonville) absolutely ridiculed the GSU posters when they brought up their game with Bama. Why in the hell would we want to step into that role after diminishing it so badly. ButtBama!

Trampled
12-19-2011, 03:43 AM
One of dumbest threads ever started. Wall of shame material.

gotts
12-19-2011, 03:44 AM
This topic is for men with testicles only.

Again, how close could we keep it with Bama?? I think our D could neutralize their O to an extent, but they are too athletic for our players and the stamina difference would show by the 4th quarter.

Why do you still participate then?

Trampled
12-19-2011, 03:46 AM
To say how dumb it is!

DjKyRo
12-19-2011, 08:20 AM

One doesn't need to be a North Dakotan to know football. There's a reason half of Alabama's roster gets NFL looks on a yearly basis. You can't be serious with this thread.

I'd be grateful if we were in it with Alabama after the first quarter, much less into the third or fourth. LSU held them to 6 points? Do you know how good LSU is?

There's a huge difference between being optimistic about our team and being outrightly delusional. This thread is the latter.

unbison
12-19-2011, 08:23 AM
SO everyone is convinced we should a
Skip Alabama ,....... And just take on LSU for the title ?

WYOBISONMAN
12-19-2011, 08:28 AM
http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://cutestuff.co/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/funny-dog-pictures-srsly-guyz-guys-srsly.jpg&sa=X&ei=fAPvTpbfOYKtgweShZiRCQ&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEHS3RfzjBPOkoGDNQrIA3g5xho6g

DjKyRo
12-19-2011, 08:33 AM
In the spirit of this thread, I do think there are some bowl teams we could compete with and very possibly beat. 6-5 UCLA only won the Pac-12 due to USC's ineligibility and would be a ripe target for an upset, as would a team like Illinois (despite the fact that they crushed SDSU 45-3 or something. It'd be really interesting to see how this team would fare against a middle-of-the-road BCS conference team like Northwestern or Iowa State (who UNI nearly beat). But to think that we'd compete against literally the top of college football is ludicrous.

Example of the disparity between FCS and the top of the FBS: Top-5 Appalachian State got destroyed by Virginia Tech 66-14, and VT is an order of magnitude below where Alabama is at right now.

Also, can I motion that we knock it off with the whole "typical North Dakotan" meme as a short-hand moniker of conservatism? It's kind of getting old (and insulting).

goldenshower
12-19-2011, 11:58 AM

Your thoughts??

my thoughts are, this is an awesome thread. lets recap the comparison of college football!

Minnesota lost to USC by 2
NDSU beat Minnesota by 13 = NDSU beats USC by at least 10

USC beat Oregon by 3 so NDSU wins by at least 7
USC lost to Stanford in 3OT by 8...NDSU beats Stanford by 2

Minnesota beat Iowa by 1
Minnesota beat Illinois by 20
Iowa beat Michigan, Purdue, Northwestern, Indiana

NDSU now beats Minnesota, Michigan, Iowa, Northwestern, Indiana, and Illinois

Michigan beat Notre Dame, Ohio St, and Nebraska

NDSU can now add MN, MI, IA, UN, IU, ILL, NEB, OH ST, and Notre Dame

Nebraska beat Mich St who beat Wisky and Penn St

What does this Alabama analogy tell me? That obviously NDSU would beat Alabama by at least 4 and NDSU would go undefeated in the B1G. NDSU appears to be the favorite of the Pac 12 as well. F*ck it, NDSU should get 2 national title shots for the reasons i just stated and probably would be a 1 point favorite vs LSU!

goldenshower
12-19-2011, 12:01 PM
also...GO BISON, good luck vs sam houston st

BisoninNWMN
12-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Alabama puts their uniform on exactly the same way the Bison do.

That said, the Bison would probably get beat like 42-10 or 14 or something like that. IMO, it would be an interesting match-up. I think our guys are tough enough to hang with them for a lot of the game.

goldenshower
12-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Alabama puts their uniform on exactly the same way the Bison do.

That said, the Bison would probably get beat like 42-10 or 14 or something like that. IMO, it would be an interesting match-up. I think our guys are tough enough to hang with them for a lot of the game.

Ndsu puts their uniforms on the same way the green bay packers do, with that said ndsu is the toughest, fastest, baddest muthaf*ckers in the country. No way the top fbs programs blow ndsu out of the water! Ndsu laces it up just like the rest of them! This thread is awesome, I sent lnks in an email to a bunch of my friends so they can check it out too!

Bison Dan
12-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Ndsu puts their uniforms on the same way the green bay packers do, with that said ndsu is the toughest, fastest, baddest muthaf*ckers in the country. No way the top fbs programs blow ndsu out of the water! Ndsu laces it up just like the rest of them! This thread is awesome, I sent lnks in an email to a bunch of my friends so they can check it out too!

You mean both of them? I doubt your mom and dad care!

goldenshower
12-19-2011, 12:44 PM
You mean both of them? I doubt your mom and dad care!

Boom! You got me good you f*ucker

BisoninNWMN
12-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Boom! You got me good you f*ucker

Go troll somewhere else, loser.

HerdBot
12-19-2011, 02:08 PM
If Alabama had to play in Fargo , which will never happen, we would play them respectively. Road game? We could keep it at 2 scores.

but I agree with cas delete this thread

bisonmike2
12-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Bama REALLY overlooked GSU...I really don't think we would've done much better

Exactly. And with Auburn coming up and I think that Bama probably spent little time preparing for th e TO whereas us, we lived and breathed it for this past week. I'm sure Bama thought they they just explained the concept to their athletes on what to do, that would be enough to put away GS pretty easily. Except GS is pretty good, and they were no doubt pumped for that game. As the game went on Bama made the adjustments and put them away. They'd probably jump all over us and then we'd chip away at their lead, but all in all, I don't think the outcome would be different.

semobison
12-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Give me 30 points I might take the Bison!

BlueBisonRock
12-19-2011, 07:25 PM
There is only one thing wrong with your response. You forgot the purple.

This thread absolutely deserves this type of razzing. Bison football has been a powerhouse since before my time and this year, it is at the top of its game. I remain proud of the NDSU football program. As fans we tend to head to the delusional side of the field when our team does have success. And then, rightfully so, we become the butt of other teams jokes.

I am a dedicated Bison fan and want to focus on the season's achievements and the work that is left to complete. ButtBama was fun, however it is over. Its time to focus on the National Championship game, not a wet dream.

my thoughts are, this is an awesome thread. lets recap the comparison of college football!

Minnesota beat Iowa by 1

What does this Alabama analogy tell me? That obviously NDSU would beat Alabama by at least 4 and NDSU would go undefeated in the B1G. NDSU appears to be the favorite of the Pac 12 as well. F*ck it, NDSU should get 2 national title shots for the reasons i just stated and probably would be a 1 point favorite vs LSU!

56BISON73
12-19-2011, 07:27 PM

Minnesota beat Iowa by 1

Yep that pretty much sums it up. :rofl:

gotts
12-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Guys, quit wasting the internet bandwidth that my generation is entitled to!

BlueBisonRock
12-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Guys, quit wasting the internet bandwidth that my generation is entitled to!

Speaking of which, the my photobucket bandwidth filled with the overwhelming number of views coming from Bisonville. I had to subscribe for a month and pay $2.99!!! One more example of the old guys having to pay for you entitled whelps! :)

</purple>

344Johnson
12-19-2011, 07:51 PM
We'd lose worse than GaSo did.