PDA

View Full Version : Student Tickets for Frisco

HoopsBison
12-19-2011, 12:11 AM
Hey,

Does anyone know how many tickets were given for students and how they determine students are buying them. I am looking to get my group their tickets because they are currently gone for their Christmas break, do I need all their student ids?

Any help would be great.

Any other students going this route?

BigBison
12-19-2011, 12:14 AM
I have no idea. I am on the wait list on gobison.com. I'd do that at least.

DjKyRo
12-19-2011, 12:16 AM
I have no idea. I am on the wait list on gobison.com. I'd do that at least.

Same, not sure what the deal is. I do know they're first-come-first-serve but I don't see any way to know one's placement in the queue.

HoopsBison
12-19-2011, 12:23 AM
okay I just went ahead and grabbed 4. Not sure if that means i have them or not...

Also I bought some for students back home...I put them on my card so do I only need my id to get them?

bisonnation1
12-19-2011, 01:04 AM
I tried to buy 10 earlier today. i got my receipt and it says 1245 PM.

I emailed the ticket office and they said it was first come first serve for the student section

"Yes the student tickets are on a first come first serve basis. We will probably be contacting those that ordered student tickets just to confirm student ID numbers to verify that everyone is a current NDSU Student."

Thanks,

Josh Hemingway
Director of Tickets
NDSU Athletics

Would be nice if we could end up getting a conformation that we have the tickets or not.

Strommer10
12-19-2011, 09:07 AM
My group has 12 confirmed students now.

Strommer10
12-20-2011, 12:17 AM
Big question here, We have been wondering about the priority points thing and if it is in regards to student tickets also. I want to make sure that only students can get these tickets... I've heard that anyone can get them and that it's based off of priority points like the other section. To me that doesn't make sense cuz it wouldn't be a student section anymore. If anyone has an answer, I would be very greatful to hear it. I've been going crazy trying to figure stuff out for my group the past two days.

Trim
12-20-2011, 12:21 AM
Big question here, We have been wondering about the priority points thing and if it is in regards to student tickets also. I want to make sure that only students can get these tickets... I've heard that anyone can get them and that it's based off of priority points like the other section. To me that doesn't make sense cuz it wouldn't be a student section anymore. If anyone has an answer, I would be very greatful to hear it. I've been going crazy trying to figure stuff out for my group the past two days.

The quote above from Josh seems to indicate it's first come first serve and you'll have to give a student ID#.

bisonnation1
12-20-2011, 12:22 AM
I went to ticket office today and they told me that there are student tickets left as of 2 today

The lady at the BSA said they will email the people who signed up for the student section tickets in Friday to confirm that all the tickets sold are to real students

roadwarrior
12-20-2011, 12:22 AM
See post #5 above...

HerdBot
12-20-2011, 02:19 AM
I went to ticket office today and they told me that there are student tickets left as of 2 today

The lady at the BSA said they will email the people who signed up for the student section tickets in Friday to confirm that all the tickets sold are to real students

It annoys me when fans are about to spend 250 to 400 per ticket for a sold out game and the student tickets are just sitting there.

gotts
12-20-2011, 02:24 AM
It annoys me when fans are about to spend 250 to 400 per ticket for a sold out game and the student tickets are just sitting there.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/4/3/3a6f9123-a400-4221-b633-305c47af1aba.jpg

HoopsBison
12-20-2011, 02:34 AM

Dude, the amount of tickets set aside for students for this game is very minimal, Id be surprised if it was more then 500 (i would guess 250). We should get the same amount of time to put our orders in as others. Any tickets not used by the student will go to the public anyway.

HerdBot
12-20-2011, 02:39 AM
Dude, the amount of tickets set aside for students for this game is very minimal, Id be surprised if it was more then 500 (i would guess 250). We should get the same amount of time to put our orders in as others. Any tickets not used by the student will go to the public anyway.

500 tickets at this point in time are big numbers but if they go to the public, and not the scalpers, I'm cool with it.

Vitojr130
12-20-2011, 02:45 AM
500 tickets at this point in time are big numbers but if they go to the public, and not the scalpers, I'm cool with it.

Well, my group of four put in for tickets around 7pm yesterday. What are the odds we get them? Because I also put in for the reserved tickets and they charged those to my account already.

Strommer10
12-20-2011, 07:24 AM
The student tickets are gone from gobison.com from the looks of it. You can only reserve Sideline tickets now. Thanks for the help everyone. I thought that's how it was, I just kept hearing different things from people and got confused.

Strommer10
12-22-2011, 08:16 PM
From the Ticket Office:

We have received your pre-order for NDSU Student Ticket(s) for the FCS National Championship Game in Frisco, TX on January 7th. In order to make sure all student tickets will be used by NDSU students, we will be verifying enrollment on all student ticket orders. Please reply with the name(s) and ID #’s of the students who will be using the ticket(s) you ordered. Tickets will not be released until verification of enrollment is complete.

Upon verification, tickets can be picked up at the Bison Sports Arena December 28-30 or at the NDSU will call window on game day. The NDSU will call window will be located in the North Gate Box Office of Pizza Hut Park and will open at 10:30 a.m.

Go Bison!

We have completed verification of enrollment for the student tickets you pre-ordered. Payment will be processed next week and tickets can be picked up at the Bison Sports Arena December 28-30 or at the NDSU will call window on game day. The NDSU will call window will be located in the North Gate Box Office of Pizza Hut Park and will open at 10:30 a.m.

See you Frisco!

bisonnation1
12-23-2011, 04:25 AM
Does any one know if the student tickets will be general admission or will we be given seats? It would be sweet if we were given seats so we could tailgate longer!

See you all in Frisco!

1998braves64
12-23-2011, 10:15 PM
Guessing they are reserved since they were part of NDSU's allotment.

bisonnation1
12-30-2011, 05:17 AM
Any student got thief tickets yet? Wondering if they have determined where the seats are located as far as the seat number and the row.

I am picking mine up tomorrow! Cannot freaking wait!
Frisco or bust bitches!

Twentysix
12-30-2011, 08:17 AM
Does any one know if the student tickets will be general admission or will we be given seats? It would be sweet if we were given seats so we could tailgate longer!

See you all in Frisco!

If a single seat in the stadium is GA that is extreme fail... this is a National Championship.

Vitojr130
12-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Any student got thief tickets yet? Wondering if they have determined where the seats are located as far as the seat number and the row.

I am picking mine up tomorrow! Cannot freaking wait!
Frisco or bust bitches!

They are reserved. The only non-reserved seating are the SRO tickets that the NCAA will be dolling out. Section 114 (not 112 like gobison.com said) is what it is looking like for students.

1998braves64
12-31-2011, 04:53 AM
Got information from my student aged cousin that their seats are in 114 so on other end of the stadium (endzone in the corner section) as the bison season ticket holders.

Fast50Dad
01-02-2012, 09:05 PM
DJ, are the floating heads from the student section making the trip?

Go Bison!

Strommer10
01-02-2012, 09:34 PM

Go Bison!
I was wondering the same thing today. I hope it's a YES!

BigBison
01-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Im going to make some posters. We are sitting in the student section. Any sign ideas?

tjbison
01-02-2012, 09:55 PM
so the NDSU Student Section is 114?

Strommer10
01-02-2012, 09:56 PM
so the NDSU Student Section is 114?
That is correct

DjKyRo
01-02-2012, 10:21 PM

Go Bison!

Two of them were taken by students from the game and are unaccounted for, so I doubt the marketing dept. is going to let them go all the way to Texas. Probably not.

If the folks who stole them are reading this, smooth move a-holes.

Fast50Dad
01-02-2012, 10:23 PM
That's too bad, let's hope it was "planned" knowing the marketing dept wouldn't let them make it to Texas.

Go Bison!

tjbison
01-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Two of them were taken by students from the game and are unaccounted for, so I doubt the marketing dept. is going to let them go all the way to Texas. Probably not.

Whats wrong with people, how do you dare display that..or how the hell did they get them out of the Dome???

Ill admit im not sure the process for these I actually thought the students made them

Fast50Dad
01-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Whats wrong with people, how do you dare display that..or how the hell did they get them out of the Dome???

Ill admit im not sure the process for these I actually thought the students made them

I thought the same.

Go Bison!

Da_Bizon
01-03-2012, 02:18 AM
Sign-a-Rama told me they made the heads.

Strommer10
01-05-2012, 12:56 AM

Why weren't they checked out to someone like they were in every regular season game? That way a group of students would be looking after it so they don't have to pay a fine. Simple as that.