PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Hut Park Photo

BisonKent
12-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Here is a photo from last year's national title game in Frisco between Delaware and Eastern Washington. See the end zones. I believe they copied one of the end zones from each team's home stadium. I wonder if they will put "BISON" or "NDSU" in one of the end zones.

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/8500/FBMedia/11Guide/Images/2011_NCAAChampionships_PizzaHutPark.jpg

mango
12-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Man that is a nice facility

southcliffbison
12-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Stadium looks great; just hope they have enough seating.

Gully
12-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Very cool. That place looks first class all the way.

Bisonfan1
12-18-2011, 06:55 PM
thanx for the photo kent, place looks great.

Bison 4 Life
12-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Reminds me a lot of Crew Stadium, another MLS facility here. They need to take that stage down and put in a ton more seats, that place will be packed.

BisonKent
12-18-2011, 07:03 PM
I would assume that one side will be either "BEARKATS" or "SAM HOUSTON" and painted orange like SHSU's field.

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/wp-content/gallery/sam-houston-state-bearkats-elliott-t-bowers-stadium/Elliott-T.-Bowers-Stadium-1.jpg

Bison 4 Life
12-18-2011, 07:08 PM
I would assume that one side will be either "BEARKATS" or "SAM HOUSTON" and painted orange like SHSU's field.

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/wp-content/gallery/sam-houston-state-bearkats-elliott-t-bowers-stadium/Elliott-T.-Bowers-Stadium-1.jpg

Since last year they went with "Blue Hens" and "Eastern" it may come down to who is the "home" team. The home team uses the team name and the road team uses the School name?

Just a guess.

Bisonguy
12-18-2011, 07:13 PM
I would guess they ask the AD or SID what they want in the endzone, same as any bowl game or neutral site game.

The "home" team has already been determined. There's a coin flip once the bracket is selected to determine if the winner of the upper or lower bracket is the home team.

onbison09
12-18-2011, 08:42 PM
It's a great place to watch a game

4mcruenomore
12-19-2011, 03:28 AM
Maybe our end will say fargodome.

Go_Herd
12-19-2011, 03:30 AM

Only if they put the pinwheel with it.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/-dLKU7ijb9MQ/R54YgiGZxJE/AAAAAAAAARg/wZkF2hgxwG4/FargoDome.jpg

Ross
12-19-2011, 03:31 AM

:rofl::rofl:

I hope they can squeeze the vomit yellow pinwheel in there too!

Bison4ever56
12-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Does anyone know the capacity of the stadium? I have heard different numbers, from 20K to 100K. However, looking at the picture, it looks more like 20K. If that is the case, shame on the NCAA for hosting a championship game in a stadium with inadequate seating.

TransAmBison
12-19-2011, 02:19 PM
Does anyone know the capacity of the stadium? I have heard different numbers, from 20K to 100K. However, looking at the picture, it looks more like 20K. If that is the case, shame on the NCAA for hosting a championship game in a stadium with inadequate seating.21k..........................

bisonmike2
12-19-2011, 02:20 PM

I would suggest they put "RUNNERS UP" for SHSU's endzone. :)

IndyBison
12-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Does anyone know the capacity of the stadium? I have heard different numbers, from 20K to 100K. However, looking at the picture, it looks more like 20K. If that is the case, shame on the NCAA for hosting a championship game in a stadium with inadequate seating.
Someone posted in a different thread the actual attendance numbers for the past 10-15 FCS championship games and they were usually in the 12-15k range with a couple that may have pushed 18-20k. Based on that it appears they have picked a perfectly appropriate stadium size.

JSUBison
12-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Someone posted in a different thread the actual attendance numbers for the past 10-15 FCS championship games and they were usually in the 12-15k range with a couple that may have pushed 18-20k. Based on that it appears they have picked a perfectly appropriate stadium size.

Last year it was around 13,000 I think. That was with Delaware who has a great fanbase, and Eastern Washington who can't draw squat so they kind of cancelled each other out. This game should be a sell out or close to it. SHSU drew around 12 or 14 thousand for the Montana game, and are right down the road. NDSU travels well. Only complaints with Pizza Hut is that because of it being a soccer field, the distance between the field and stands is almost like having a track around the field. Other complaint is potential the lack of seating for a game that has two teams that draw well and could cause fans not able to get a ticket. Don't think the NCAA has ever had that problem before, so can't really blame them. Maybe next time the bids go out for hosting, the NCAA could raise the minimum seating required to 25,000. But this is kind of a perfect storm in the two teams, usually seating isnt an issue. We'll see what happens with the seating, I think if this game is a hot sell, maybe the NCAA and Pizza Hut will try to get some additional seatin in there or allow SRO in that endzone.

roadwarrior
12-19-2011, 03:34 PM
There will be more open red seats at Pizza Hut Park than we have ever seen open blue seats at the Fargodome.

SDbison
12-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Couldn't they put some bleacher seating in the open end of the horseshoe to add 1K to 2K more if for some reason the 21K of seats sell out? Seems like that would be possible.
Love the big colorful painted DI championship artwork at midfield. This is a vast improvement over the typical puny light blue stick man the NCAA has recently used. Hope a big colorful one is done again for this year. Makes this game look like a big time bowl game on TV.
Other than limited seating for a big draw game like this (this game could have demand as high as 25K) I despise having to play at a soccer field no matter how nice (damn European football). Also notice the large set back behind the team bench area. Fans are farther away because the place is set up for soccer.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-19-2011, 03:41 PM

A lot of empty seats in the stadium last year.

I think this should quell a lot of fears about not being able to get tickets. I think you'll be able to get tickets on game day.

coldspot
12-19-2011, 03:52 PM
A lot of empty seats in the stadium last year.

I think this should quell a lot of fears about not being able to get tickets. I think you'll be able to get tickets on game day.

last year's game had a team from the east coast (who has a traveling fan base) and from the northwest (who doesn't have fans). this year they've got a fan base that travels very well and a team from a few hours away. this one will be close to a sellout I think.

Hammerhead
12-19-2011, 03:57 PM
If you trust Wikipedia, the last 3 App State championship games (2005- 2007) had over 20,000 fans and the average attendance the last 10 years has been over 16,000 fans.

bisonaudit
12-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Couldn't they put some bleacher seating in the open end of the horseshoe to add 1K to 2K more if for some reason the 21K of seats sell out? Seems like that would be possible.
Love the big colorful painted DI championship artwork at midfield. This is a vast improvement over the typical puny light blue stick man the NCAA has recently used. Hope a big colorful one is done again for this year. Makes this game look like a big time bowl game on TV.
Other than limited seating for a big draw game like this (this game could have demand as high as 25K) I despise having to play at a soccer field no matter how nice (damn European football). Also notice the large set back behind the team bench area. Fans are farther away because the place is set up for soccer.

After what happened at the Super Bowl last year I don't see anyone in Dallas adding temporary seating on short notice.

SDbison
12-19-2011, 04:02 PM
After what happened at the Super Bowl last year I don't see anyone in Dallas adding temporary seating on short notice. Don't recall, what happened last year?

TAILG8R
12-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Don't recall, what happened last year?

Seat shortage (http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Suit-filed-over-Super-Bowl-seat-problem-115647324.html)

Sold more tickets than they had seats because I believe some of the temp seating either didn't get installed or installed properly so they couldn't be used.

bisonmike2
12-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Don't recall, what happened last year?

Here's a recap.

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/06/latest-dallas-super-bowl-fiasco-not-enough-seats/