PDA

View Full Version : Great Time at the Venue

Bison_Dan
04-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Had a great time last night at Playmakers. Talked with Coach Bohl for a second and asked him who looks good for the red shirt freshman and he was hesitant about talking about them, but said that Kyle Belmont has been very impressive at SS.

cj_finnegan
04-10-2007, 04:47 PM
I was working and couldn't make it.
But I listened on WDAY Radio and was blown away by Jack Lingle's(might've spelled it wrong) comments about Gene Taylor. On Hallstrom's sportscast and later during an interview with Scott Miller, he said he had several associate athletic directors under him. He mentioned the current AD at Missouri, Steve Orsini at SMU(I believe) and Joe Castiglione at OU. Lingle said Gene Taylor was the best associate athletic director in the litter. To drop names like those and then say Taylor's the best assistant ad of the bunch (twice) is a huge compliement. It goes without saying Castiglione is a heavyweight with a football national championship under his belt at OU. Lingle sounds like someone who wouldn't say that without meaning it. It sounds to me like we REALLY have a great AD. That brings up this question: What's the current status of negotiations to renew Taylor's contract? I might've missed something and that's a done deal but if not, what's the latest?

TheDoctor
04-10-2007, 06:32 PM
I enjoyed myself as well. ;)

99Bison
04-10-2007, 09:18 PM
I was working and couldn't make it.
But I listened on WDAY Radio and was blown away by Jack Lingle's(might've spelled it wrong) comments about Gene Taylor. On Hallstrom's sportscast and later during an interview with Scott Miller, he said he had several associate athletic directors under him. He mentioned the current AD at Missouri, Steve Orsini at SMU(I believe) and Joe Castiglione at OU. Lingle said Gene Taylor was the best associate athletic director in the litter. To drop names like those and then say Taylor's the best assistant ad of the bunch (twice) is a huge compliement. It goes without saying Castiglione is a heavyweight with a football national championship under his belt at OU. Lingle sounds like someone who wouldn't say that without meaning it. It sounds to me like we REALLY have a great AD. That brings up this question: What's the current status of negotiations to renew Taylor's contract? I might've missed something and that's a done deal but if not, what's the latest?

What were these comments?

TheDoctor
04-10-2007, 09:27 PM
That he has had several assicoiate ADs go on to accomplish great things at other schools and of those, Gene was the best he had.

99Bison
04-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Phew... I took that post the wrong way. :-[

sambini
04-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Great job by the committee job well done.++++

TxBisonFan
04-10-2007, 11:51 PM
What went on at the Showcase? Did they have all of the coaches speek? Us out of staters need info!!

99Bison
04-11-2007, 12:21 AM
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=859375

56BISON73
04-11-2007, 12:24 AM
What is the Venue at Playmakers? PL

imabison
04-11-2007, 12:42 AM
What is the Venue at Playmakers? PL
What used to be the Pavillion has been remodeled into what is called the Venue. 2 levels, 4 bars, stadium seating. Its quite a place.

02Bison
04-11-2007, 12:53 AM
PL - check out The Venue at http://tinyurl.com/363had

sambini
04-11-2007, 01:15 AM
The VENUE IS AWESOME+++

56BISON73
04-11-2007, 01:59 AM

Holy moley. Glad that wasnt around when I was in school. Hell I spent way too much time at Sports bar as it was. ;)
PL

ps I found my old Sports Bar mug the other day!!!! :'( :'(

TheDoctor
04-11-2007, 02:55 AM

Holy moley. Glad that wasnt around when I was in school. Hell I spent way too much time at Sports bar as it was. ;)
PL

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

sambini
04-11-2007, 03:17 AM

PL

ps I found my old Sports Bar mug the other day!!!! :'( :'(

Now thats a classic piece .

99Bison
04-11-2007, 03:51 AM
I should mention that one thing of note was that Bohl specifically stated that they were not sure who the #2 QB is going be yet.

IowaBison
04-11-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm looking forward to going to The Venue to watch televised away games.

kchats
04-11-2007, 11:53 PM
I should mention that one thing of note was that Bohl specifically stated that they were not sure who the #2 QB is going be yet.

Competition is good for the team. It is great that he will let their play in scrimmages and practices determine who backs up Steve Walker next season.

TheDoctor
04-14-2007, 10:53 PM

Do they have a deal that will allow us to watch ALL away games this year?????? :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

imabison
04-15-2007, 04:46 PM

Do they have a deal that will allow us to watch ALL away games this year?????? :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Remember last year only the Side Street was the authorized place by Team Makers for after hours. I seem to remember Pat Simmers saying something about he caught flack for the Bison Game being rebroad cast there.

There are alot of i's and t's to cross.

Whether all the games will be broadcast depend mostly on if the OTHER schools are having a broadcast to pick up.

I hope they all are...but

ndsubison
04-18-2007, 04:17 AM

Is there some sort of agreement for Playmakers to televise away games this year? I was at SideStreet for the Ball State game last year (lost my voice for 2 days). If we could get some sort of agreement for a local bar to get the away games that would be great. Let me know.

TransAmBison
04-18-2007, 11:58 AM

Is there some sort of agreement for Playmakers to televise away games this year? *I was at SideStreet for the Ball State game last year (lost my voice for 2 days). *If we could get some sort of agreement for a local bar to get the away games that would be great. *Let me know.
Count me in!!!!!