PDA

View Full Version : 18108??

bisonranch
12-18-2011, 04:24 AM
Really? That's the attendance the Forum reports for the GSU game. Every seat looked full and there were people standing at all 4 corners. I sat nose bleed, it was full all the way to the top on the north side.

Twentysix
12-18-2011, 04:31 AM
Every seat was not even close to full. Tons of sections red seats were only 1/2 full at best.

It was a very good crowd though. Should be proud of it.

Bisonguy
12-18-2011, 04:42 AM
18,100 would be about one empty seat for every two rows in the Fargodome.

Maybe attendance was an actual headcount.

herdmember
12-18-2011, 04:44 AM
Every seat was not even close to full. Tons of sections red seats were only 1/2 full at best.

It was a very good crowd though. Should be proud of it.

I sure didn't see these half full sections you speak of.

mango
12-18-2011, 04:51 AM
That's what they announced on KFGO (may not be exactly the same but it was around there). Looked fuller on TV though

Twentysix
12-18-2011, 04:54 AM
I sure didn't see these half full sections you speak of.

Then you didnt look at the red seats. Quite a few sections were missing people in pairs of blue seats too, we just didn't have any of the gaping holes of blue that usually are around.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2509/redseats.png

The circles were where people were consistently missing all game. 5 here 7 there 2 here adds up to 500 in a facility the size of the dome pretty quickly.

NDSUstudent
12-18-2011, 06:18 AM
As usual our band doesn't count and their pep band didn't count...not sure what else doesn't count.

Twentysix
12-18-2011, 06:19 AM
As usual our band doesn't count and their pep band didn't count...not sure what else doesn't count.

Everyone with a field pass I would bet.

DIBISON
12-18-2011, 06:31 AM
Then you didnt look at the red seats. Quite a few sections were missing people in pairs of blue seats too, we just didn't have any of the gaping holes of blue that usually are around.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2509/redseats.png

The circles were where people were consistently missing all game. 5 here 7 there 2 here adds up to 500 in a facility the size of the dome pretty quickly.
That is only 14. I didn't see any vacant seats.

Twentysix
12-18-2011, 06:35 AM
That is only 14. I didn't see any vacant seats.

Good for you? If you all dream of a 19,500 crowd the ticket office will have to sell 20500 tickets. We will never have every ticket sold show up. Or they could start doing that rush seating thing other schools do.

Vitojr130
12-18-2011, 06:40 AM
From the front row of the student section, I could not see any vacant seats. However, I do know the bands are not counted (roughly 200 people total) and they tend to over-report for the regular season and under-report for the playoffs. Who wants to pay the NCAA more than they have to? Not this guy.

Twentysix
12-18-2011, 06:42 AM
Hey CAS, would under reporting attendance, when it is directly linked to what the school pays the NCAA according to a contract.. be considered fraud? 18700+SRO-the band doesnt come even close to 18100.

Its like 3 or 4 out of every 100 tickets wasn't used, or a student bought both a student ticket and a general admission to cut the line etc pretty belivable. I know for JMU we had 6 tickets for 5 people, same for lehigh. That already covers the first set of 25.

bkit29
12-18-2011, 06:40 PM
anyone else think that number is low? from my vantage point there were hardly any empty seats. i thought we were close to a record attendence.

Thundering Herd
12-18-2011, 06:45 PM
most seats were filled but there wasn't a lot standing in the corners.

North Side
12-18-2011, 06:49 PM
I thought around 18,500 or so. Also no empty seats.

Strommer10
12-18-2011, 09:04 PM
I'll take a deafening crowd anyday, no matter the numbers. It still looked REALLY good on ESPNU. Great crowd!

BigBison
12-18-2011, 10:31 PM
I agree, I saw maybe 10 empty seats on the east sideline, and zero in the north-south end zero. And there was about 30-40 people standing in each corner at all times. The only other time I've seen it this full was for SDSU game back in 06(I think) and the attendance for that game was something like 19,050. This game had to be bigger than that game.

tony
12-19-2011, 01:04 AM
Merged the threads.

I'll take a crowd like that any day - don't care how they are counted.

CAS4127
12-19-2011, 01:10 AM
If u really looked hard, there were many empty seats scattered all over--500-900 easily.

tony
12-19-2011, 01:18 AM
If u really looked hard, there were many empty seats scattered all over--500-900 easily.

But if you looked in the concourses, there were a lot of people out there all the time too. My Dad and I stood in the "helmet" corner and there was a lot of traffic all the time.

BisonCardinal
12-19-2011, 01:21 AM
Speaking from someone who almost didn't get to go because according to gobison,.com "all seats sold out" as of Friday morning (reserved, general, standing room only) it bugs me there were empty seats. We found tickets purely by luck on Thursday night. Since we live 2 1/2 hours from the Dome of Doom, I'm not going to take the chance of 'maybe' getting tickets by a scalper. Someone needs to make a clearinghouse for unused tickets...I'll get right on that. After Frisco

TheBisonator
12-19-2011, 01:24 AM
I didn't see a single empty seat on TV.

But that was just my perspective.

bisonranch
12-19-2011, 01:33 AM
Speaking from someone who almost didn't get to go because according to gobison,.com "all seats sold out" as of Friday morning (reserved, general, standing room only) it bugs me there were empty seats. We found tickets purely by luck on Thursday night. Since we live 2 1/2 hours from the Dome of Doom, I'm not going to take the chance of 'maybe' getting tickets by a scalper. Someone needs to make a clearinghouse for unused tickets...I'll get right on that. After Frisco

This is the main reason I started the thread.

I knew people who didn't try to get tickets because they heard it was sold out and couldn't get anything in GoBison. There was probably demand to fill the seats had people known about them.

CAS4127
12-19-2011, 01:36 AM
But if you looked in the concourses, there were a lot of people out there all the time too. My Dad and I stood in the "helmet" corner and there was a lot of traffic all the time.

That could be part of it. I scanned crowd with binoculars about 5 minutes after KO cuz I figured that would b a good time to assess things.

matt
12-19-2011, 01:39 AM
We were in GA in the north end zone, had four people standing at the top of the steps because there were no seats available in GA. They were pretty annoyed that no seats were empty.

kab1one
12-19-2011, 01:51 AM
Either the 18,108 was understated since the tickets were sold and people didn't show. Find hard to believe, of the 19,000+ was overstated. Which I would tend to agree with, since NDSU seemed to always overstate their attendance. If this crowd would have been at Dacotah Field, with the old ticket counters there, we would have been in the 22, 23,000 range.

Another note. Did anyone notice the parking around the campus yesterday? There were cars parked for the game in places not parked before. That tells me it was a big crowd.

Trampled
12-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Who gets concession money? NCAA, the Dome, or Bison? Is it split?

BisBison
12-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Did anyone else remember hearing the attendance announced at 18,020 for 1st playoff game? And then the day after the Forum reported it at 17,400? I think the 17,400 is PAID attendance and the 18,0000 number is the total including band, officials, press etc etc. We share gate proceeds with the NCAA based on the paid, so I'm guessing that's the number we're seeing now. So if 18,100 is the paid number, adding the 600 additional non-paying would bring the total in the dome to 18,700, which I'm guessing is about right. Just a guess on my part, but no way were there 700 empty seats Saturday.

spelunker64
12-19-2011, 12:51 PM
This number is still tickets bought, not actual butts in seat. I think we've had higher tickets sold for the regular season, but the playoffs have had more actual butts in seat. And they are filled by people that really want to be there and cheer, unlike some that have for the regular season.

HerdBot
12-19-2011, 01:49 PM
I honestly don't care about the attendance. that was the best atmosphere I have experienced other than the world series game 7. look at it this way. Sam Houston has a stadium that sets 14k and their record is 16k. we averaged 18k and had we had a larger stadium it would have been over 20k. if we can come up with a way to add capacity lets do it but I think were a few years away. damn happy to have season tickets. lets focus on trying to bring this kind of energy to the regular season and creating a ticket exchange to cut down the # of blue seats during the 2012 regular season .

my section stood the entire game . wow

Herd Mentality
12-19-2011, 09:38 PM
whatever the number was, i wish they would've taken the panoramic picture from the Visitor (West) side of the field. I would have hands down purchased one as the green/yellow effect was way better on the Home side and would have had our boys on the sideline in the picture.

I realize it'd be tough to do given where the pressbox is, but it would look so much cooler.

roadwarrior
12-19-2011, 09:55 PM
whatever the number was, i wish they would've taken the panoramic picture from the Visitor (West) side of the field. I would have hands down purchased one as the green/yellow effect was way better on the Home side and would have had our boys on the sideline in the picture.

I realize it'd be tough to do given where the pressbox is, but it would look so much cooler.

Someone, somewhere is thinking, "why didnt I think of that?".

bisonranch
12-20-2011, 02:01 AM
That was my first thought upon seeing the panoramic.

TateMosersneighbor
12-20-2011, 02:17 AM
They really should have taken 4 pictures, one from the N, S, E and W. Then someone could buy all 4 or just the one they were in, etc.

I might've sprung for all 4 and put the one showing the North end on a North wall in my house...the one showing the East end on a east wall...you get the picture. Pun intended.

I was in section 24 in the first row of GA seats and except for some folks in front of us who choose to eat the entire game, most stood WAY more then what the norm has been. I still can't believe how loud the dome got this year...beats the shit out of the cowbells and the "triple wacker bell" that we used to bring in...and the cops took away in 97 or 98ish. Maybe Agnew could build another?

SlickVic
12-20-2011, 02:29 AM
They really should have taken 4 pictures, one from the N, S, E and W. Then someone could buy all 4 or just the one they were in, etc.

I might've sprung for all 4 and put the one showing the North end on a North wall in my house...the one showing the East end on a east wall...you get the picture. Pun intended.

I was in section 24 in the first row of GA seats and except for some folks in front of us who choose to eat the entire game, most stood WAY more then what the norm has been. I still can't believe how loud the dome got this year...beats the shit out of the cowbells and the "triple wacker bell" that we used to bring in...and the cops took away in 97 or 98ish. Maybe Agnew could build another?

Dude that would be awesome...and I agree I was at a few twins playoff games seen roger clemens pitch it one and when Barry zito threw a pitch that went straight up in the air lol I thought that was loud fargodome was louder way louder

Herd Mentality
12-20-2011, 03:14 AM
Maybe Agnew could build another?

He's moved on to booty shorts...

Bison03
12-20-2011, 05:41 PM
There was a photographer between the 1st and 2nd quarter that was standing at midfield and taking pictures rotating his camera around and taking pictures. At the time I was thinking this was the panormaic pic. Where are those pics?