PDA

View Full Version : Where's the reporting on Spring Workouts?

Bison_Dan
04-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Man why is there a lack of reports on spring practices? It seems like the Bison Blog hasn't been updated for 2 weeks! :'(

westsidebison
04-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Man why is there a lack of reports on spring practices? *It seems like the Bison Blog hasn't been updated for 2 weeks! * :'(
I've seen a couple, they had one on thursday on the runningback situation. Blincoe has a new hair-style.

TheDoctor
04-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Kolpack was at the Masters this weekend on vacation. I don't know if he posted that on his blog, but he was.

sambini
04-10-2007, 03:48 AM
They have been off because of Easter. They return to practice tomorrow tuesday the 10th.

Bisonguy
04-17-2007, 10:12 PM
Perles will be on Prime Time Sports on WDAY-AM tonight to discuss how the Bison offense is doing. :)

Bisonguy
04-18-2007, 12:04 AM
Perles up in a couple minutes...

Bisonguy
04-18-2007, 12:16 AM
Offense is ahead of where they were at the same time last year.

Youngsters stepping up.

Walker is better.

They'll find a way to get Parsons on the field.

Blincoe picked up blocking/responsibilities more.

Blincoe/Roehl would be the starting RB's splitting time.

Jangula possibly starting at FB

Pat Paschell to possibly get some time at RB

Bisonguy
04-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Belquist/Majeski having good spring at WR

Schultenoever doing well

Williams stepping up

Good depth/talent at WR

Not much experience at WR- bit of concern

Champ/Washington also in the mix

Washington at 100%, maybe 110%

Washington's hands have improved

Heckendorf's wrist should be fine for fall practice- cast was on sooner than last year

Bisonguy
04-18-2007, 12:25 AM
Up next- OL and TE

Bisonguy
04-18-2007, 12:32 AM
Depth at TE, but not much experience, much like WR

Safe should be even better than last year, chance at the NFL

Ebel/Buckman competing for RT- both good size and athletic

Harrington keeps getting better

Bison LB's have been a great assett to scrimmage against

need fewer unforced errors- offsides, movement, holding

BisonNeil
04-18-2007, 01:57 PM

Schultenoever doing well

Williams stepping up

Good depth/talent at WR

Heckendorf's wrist should be fine for fall practice- cast was on sooner than last year

Regarding the WR position, did anyone see WDAY sports last night on the 6PM news? I heard Bohl's comment but did not hear who he was talking about. Bohl said that when some WR came to NDSU he couldn't catch a cold, now he is making acrobatic catches. Hallstrom ran the same interview this AM also but I only caught that quote again and not who he was talking about.

On another note, my son and I were having dinner at Doolittles Mon night, Bohl was there to pick up his take out. I went to shake his hand and spoke to him very briefly. I told him that my son says Blincoe will be so good this year we won't miss Steffes. Bohl blinked a few times and said that was a very bold statement, then added that Roehl will definitely get time at tail back, particularly in one back sets where he can run, catch or stay in for blocking. He added that he thinks there is still a good opportunity for one of the incoming backs to make a contribution. Good stuff, more than I expected from a handshake.

oldrunner
04-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Spoke with some people that were at the last scrimmage, and they said Roehl did look very comfortable in the backfield. They feel that he could be a productive back (4 ypc average), but not the type that will be a real gamebreaker. They said Blincoe will have to be that type of back.

The question I have with Roehl playing tailback is weather or not Jangula will be able to play that many reps in a game w/out any breaks. Who will back him up?

Also, if Jangula does get hurt, are they going to have to move Roehl back to Fullback? How does this effect the Running Backs.

imabison
04-18-2007, 07:38 PM

Schultenoever doing well

Williams stepping up

Good depth/talent at WR

Regarding the WR position, did anyone see WDAY sports last night on the 6PM news? I heard Bohl's comment but did not hear who he was talking about. Bohl said that when some WR came to NDSU he couldn't catch a cold, now he is making acrobatic catches. *Hallstrom ran the same interview this AM also but I only caught that quote again and not who he was talking about.

On another note, my son and I were having dinner at Doolittles Mon night, Bohl was there to pick up his take out. I went to shake his hand and spoke to him very briefly. I told him that my son says Blincoe will be so good this year we won't miss Steffes. Bohl blinked a few times and said that was a very bold statement, then added that Roehl will definitely get time at tail back, particularly in one back sets where he can run, catch or stay in for blocking. *He added that he thinks there is still a good opportunity for one of the incoming backs to make a contribution. *Good stuff, more than I expected from a handshake.

Ahh, another person who has met the real Coach Bohl.

bisonmike
04-18-2007, 10:19 PM
I think the x-factor might be the juco running back we have coming in. Anyone know his stats? Is he going to be a bruiser that plows through the line or a speedy shifty guy?

Gamehunter
04-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Paschall is a quick back from what I have heard, but has good size compared to Blincoe. Time will tell what kind of shape he is in when fall rolls around though. Same goes for DJ out of Texas. I think both of these backs could push for playing time possibly start if they work their tails off and learn the offense. From looking at the film of DJ I think the coaches will have a hard time keeping his shirt on this fall.