PDA

View Full Version : Brewster wary of NDSU.

99Bison
04-20-2007, 03:32 AM
WDAY reports from goofers visiting DL, asked brewster about playing NDSU often, he said obviously a great game for NDSU and gave MN all it could handle last year but he wants to make sure it's good for MN.
;D
ha ha ha

BisonMav
04-20-2007, 01:20 PM
WDAY reports from goofers visiting DL, asked brewster about playing NDSU often, he said obviously a great game for NDSU and gave MN all it could handle last year but he wants to make sure it's good for MN.
;D
ha ha ha

What other FCS or MAC or Louisiana City team can put 62,000 fans in the Metrodome for a game. That's good for Minnesota.

IowaBisonToo
04-20-2007, 02:20 PM
;D
ha ha ha
Read as - a game where we don't have to work very hard for the win. We can cruise for 3 quarters and then during the 4th, turn the burners on and get the win. ::)

imabison
04-20-2007, 03:32 PM
;D
ha ha ha

What other FCS or MAC or Louisiana City team can put 62,000 fans in the Metrodome for a game. *That's good for Minnesota. *

I agree with this scenario, if 62,000 fans in stands for a game is not good for the U as he put it, then he must question the fact that NDSU is probably a better team then he wants on the schedule in addition to the Big 10.

username
04-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Brewster only has to worry about putting 60,000+ in the stands for another year or two (not sure when TCF is scheduled to open). TCF is going to hold less fans (40,000 to 50,000) and have a new stadium aura that brings fans to games. These factors mitigate their need to fill up the stadium by playing regional teams like NDSU. So, if everything is equal, why would he risk playing NDSU when he can bring in a lowly ranked I-A team and still fill up the stadium.

I understand the logic, but isn't the U of M supposed to go to the Rose Bowl (Brewster's words). Certainly, a Rose Bowl team should destroy a I-AA team. Seems to me that Mr. Brewster has realized that he's done a lot of talking and now he has to back it up with a lot of winning.

TxBisonFan
04-20-2007, 11:58 PM
Not a bad problem to have. Figured this would happen if we dominated in D1. Guess the Gophs aren't bringing on the competition. :D :D

Buff01
04-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Brewster wants to schedule the likes of Texas and Nebraska down the road. It's highly unlikely that he is fearful of scheduling NDSU.

BisonNeil
04-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Brewster wants to schedule the likes of Texas and Nebraska down the road. *It's highly unlikely that he is fearful of scheduling NDSU.

Agreed. :'(