PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy the moment!

HerdBot
12-16-2011, 06:25 PM
This is a special year but seasons like this don't happen very often. This is our first home game in the Final 4 since 1990. Things can change quickly. Yes, this team is geared to be good in the future but there is no guarantee of future success. I would be willing to bet that most fans who saw the 1990 Championship Team assumed that we would be rockin' the dome in the playoffs every year. Well 20 years later it's finally here. Enjoy the moment. Cheer your ass off because who knows? It could be another 20 years before we get this far again. Look no further than our Minnesota sports teams. The Vikings are only a few years away from the NFC Championship game with the Saints. Now look at them. The Twins are only 2 years away from their playoff season.

ENJOY IT!
BE LOUD!
BE THE DIFFERENCE!
(and follow that funky chart and wear the correct colors!)

Bison03
12-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Some Bison football memories I have before game day. Being only a kid during the 80's, it was hard to be a hardcore fan and fully appreciate the success we were having. Plus, I was a young fan that didn't know much about football but thanks to my Dad, loved the Bison. Seeing those cold games on Dakotah Field on tv and seeing us have success on a yearly basis especially in the playoffs was awesome to see but I still felt distant from it not being there in person. This year watching this team win game after game, it is bringing back those memories of the past. Only this time, I am a participant. For the 9th time at home this year I will tailgate and get pumped up with other hardcore Bison fan, I will stand when the band plays, I will get goosebumps when the lights turn off and the team runs on the field, and I will cheer my heart out like I did when I was younger. Watching the 1990 championship game with my dad on tv was the moment I knew I truly loved Bison football. I talk to him after every game and we breakdown the game. Tomorrow he will be sitting next to me and I will high five him after a Bison score just like I did when I was 11 and watching the title game. Before I go to the tailgate lot bright and early, I think I am going to Dakotah Field and see if I can "wake the echo's" of Bison pride that place has to pump myself up for the day.

NorthernBison
12-16-2011, 06:57 PM
All you have to do is consider UNI and the great players and teams they have had over the years and just how few times they got this far. Enjoy the ride.

BTW, being there makes it all more real. Memories of that Pitt State game at Dacotah Field (1990?) still gives me chills.

TateMosersneighbor
12-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Some Bison football memories I have before game day. Being only a kid during the 80's, it was hard to be a hardcore fan and fully appreciate the success we were having. Plus, I was a young fan that didn't know much about football but thanks to my Dad, loved the Bison. Seeing those cold games on Dakotah Field on tv and seeing us have success on a yearly basis especially in the playoffs was awesome to see but I still felt distant from it not being there in person. This year watching this team win game after game, it is bringing back those memories of the past. Only this time, I am a participant. For the 9th time at home this year I will tailgate and get pumped up with other hardcore Bison fan, I will stand when the band plays, I will get goosebumps when the lights turn off and the team runs on the field, and I will cheer my heart out like I did when I was younger. Watching the 1990 championship game with my dad on tv was the moment I knew I truly loved Bison football. I talk to him after every game and we breakdown the game. Tomorrow he will be sitting next to me and I will high five him after a Bison score just like I did when I was 11 and watching the title game. Before I go to the tailgate lot bright and early, I think I am going to Dakotah Field and see if I can "wake the echo's" of Bison pride that place has to pump myself up for the day.

Geez, you just pegged my childhood in regards to Bison Football.

Awesome post.

herdmember
12-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Geez, you just pegged my childhood in regards to Bison Football.

Awesome post.

ditto (10 char)

56BISON73
12-16-2011, 07:53 PM

Well done.

On_the_road
12-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Perfectly said. Go Bison

This is a special year but seasons like this don't happen very often. This is our first home game in the Final 4 since 1990. Things can change quickly. Yes, this team is geared to be good in the future but there is no guarantee of future success. I would be willing to bet that most fans who saw the 1990 Championship Team assumed that we would be rockin' the dome in the playoffs every year. Well 20 years later it's finally here. Enjoy the moment. Cheer your ass off because who knows? It could be another 20 years before we get this far again. Look no further than our Minnesota sports teams. The Vikings are only a few years away from the NFC Championship game with the Saints. Now look at them. The Twins are only 2 years away from their playoff season.

ENJOY IT!
BE LOUD!
BE THE DIFFERENCE!
(and follow that funky chart and wear the correct colors!)

NDSUBowler
12-16-2011, 09:48 PM
For many of us younger folk, we don't have past championship memories to go on. I was 4 when NDSU won in 1990.

We are experiencing the championship-run rush for the first time (well last year as well) and while it doesn't bring back many nostalgic moments, this is hopefully a future nostalgic moment IN THE MAKING!

This team is creating memories for many other father-sons out there...that is a pretty special thing!

BISONBRI53
12-16-2011, 09:51 PM

I hear that! Nice post! Can't wait to hi 5 my dad tomorrow!!

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
12-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Im getting chills just thinking about this game!