PDA

View Full Version : Coach Bohl's contract incentives

KSBisonFan
12-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Here's an old exerpt from GoBison.com regarding Coach Bohl's contract incentives. Good to see these bonuses kick in and let's hope he cashes in on the national championship bonus. Please don't turn this into a coaching rumor mill thread!! Just thought it's interesting to look back and see how his new contract is rewarding him this year. I would have thought there would be a bonus for playoff wins too. I'm not sure how assistant coaches are rewarded.

Taylor said the base salary of the contract is $196,668 beginning July 1. The contract includes incentives for a Missouri Valley Football Conference Championship ($10,000), NCAA Football Championship Subdivision playoff home ($5,000) and away ($2,500) games, a FCS runner-up finish ($10,000) and a FCS championship ($15,000).

Go Herd!!!

bisonaudit
12-16-2011, 04:04 PM
If I'm understanding the information correctly I think there actually is an incentive there for playoff wins because when you win you get another game which would pay him an additional $2,500 or $5,000.

I think the paper mentioned the other day that the assistants are getting in the neighboorhood of $1,000 or $1,500 this year in playoff incentive payments. I could be wrong about that though I kind of Tom Glancy'ed* the story.

Mid-Atlantic morning radio slang (see Sports Junkies, The) for reading without reading.

missingnumber7
12-16-2011, 04:55 PM
If I'm understanding the information correctly I think there actually is an incentive there for playoff wins because when you win you get another game which would pay him an additional $2,500 or $5,000.

I think the paper mentioned the other day that the assistants are getting in the neighboorhood of $1,000 or $1,500 this year in playoff incentive payments. I could be wrong about that though I kind of Tom Glancy'ed* the story.

Mid-Atlantic morning radio slang (see Sports Junkies, The) for reading without reading.Didn't the paper also say he gets a portion of the gate too?

bisonmike2
12-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Didn't the paper also say he gets a portion of the gate too?
He does not get a portion of the gate for home playoff games. Regular season only.

NWNDBison
12-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Wow! Not begrudging him one bit, but Coach Bohl's playoff incentives rival my annual salary.

Shoulda been a college coach!

Nah!!! Wouldn't have happened. They fire first year losing coaches, don't they?

ThundarStruck
12-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Wow! Not begrudging him one bit, but Coach Bohl's playoff incentives rival my annual salary.

Shoulda been a college coach!

Nah!!! Wouldn't have happened. They fire first year losing coaches, don't they?

It actually depends on how many moral victories you have during the season.

KSBisonFan
12-16-2011, 05:40 PM
He does not get a portion of the gate for home playoff games. Regular season only.

I didn't know about the gate percentage but I'd imagine it is pretty substantial over the coarse of the season??

Hammersmith
12-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Didn't the paper also say he gets a portion of the gate too?
3% of the gross tickets during the regular season. Might be as high as $50k altogether.