PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I'm watchin on da tivvy

TheBisonator
12-16-2011, 02:37 AM
Thanks guys for no one helping me out with my ticket request. Looks like I'll watch at home.

That's OK though, it'll be the first time my father and I get to watch the Bison together since The Infamous Game on the pink turf.

jimmyptubas
12-16-2011, 02:39 AM
don't give up yet...standing room only goes on sale tomorrow at 8.

4mcruenomore
12-16-2011, 02:39 AM
I wouldn't give up, someone might help you out, probably even get you 2 so your pops can go too. Did you pm some folks?

1998braves64
12-16-2011, 02:42 AM
who do you pm? I've posted twice on here and nobody has pm'd me either. It's frustrating at times because you have to massage your computer like a woman and then twist her nipple at just the right moment to get her to have an orgasm (in otherwords you have to do the right things at the right moment to get a ticket). I only want one too and if someone has 2 to give to nator and my buddy I would gladly do that for him. He really wants to go but can't afford the scalping prices on CL.

4mcruenomore
12-16-2011, 02:44 AM
I guess if it was me personally, I would PM roadwarrior or CAS. Helps to get your name out there, give them your cell so someone can text you if they hear something.

4mcruenomore
12-16-2011, 02:45 AM
I guess if it was me personally, I would PM roadwarrior or CAS. Helps to get your name out there, give them your cell so someone can text you if they hear something.

Pulling a DaveK. I would also pm Unbison, since Lakes always has a hook up also.

1998braves64
12-16-2011, 02:48 AM
Thought about that but figured they probably have enough people hassling them for tix right now... I tend to try not to impose on people too much but if they want to help me, please could they (or anyone) PM me. I might try a couple other avenues tomorrow too if I can't get SRO ticket.

4mcruenomore
12-16-2011, 02:50 AM
It's a Bisonville family imo. Just return the favor to them somehow some other time. That is how I treat it I guess.

HerdBot
12-16-2011, 03:12 AM
Thanks guys for no one helping me out with my ticket request. Looks like I'll watch at home.

That's OK though, it'll be the first time my father and I get to watch the Bison together since The Infamous Game on the pink turf.

just buy a standing room and find a blue seat. not many but I guarantee some students leave at halftime

1998braves64
12-16-2011, 03:15 AM
just buy a standing room and find a blue seat. not many but I guarantee some students leave at halftime

Right now I'm planning to do that... but the way the limited amount of tickets have gone on gobison.com the last few days I want to keep other options available. (yes I know you were replying mostly to nator but probably to me too)

GOB1SON
12-16-2011, 03:17 AM
By Sunday night, I had 20+ requests for tickets from people that had missed out initally. Somehow, I managed to get every last one a ticket. So tickets were available.

perthbison
12-16-2011, 03:20 AM
just buy a standing room and find a blue seat. not many but I guarantee some students leave at halftimegood advice.

56BISON73
12-16-2011, 03:23 AM

Dont wait to the last minute next time. Geez oh wait thats your MO-(homework):)

1998braves64
12-16-2011, 03:23 AM
Yes I realized that they were available back then, I just thought it wouldn't be that hard starting Monday to try to get a ticket... if I could go back I would have bought it Sunday noon and ate the $1.50 and been done with it, but I decided to "save" him $1.50 and buy it when I picked up our tickets on Monday since I didn't think on Sunday that they would sell out in a matter of a couple hours, when we've been struggling all year to sell out and the other two playoff games seem to have a fair abundance of tickets left up until friday.

BlueBisonRock
12-16-2011, 03:29 AM
Nator, can one of your FB contacts get you a field pass or a player ticket?

(just trying to think of ways as my few tickets have been committed.)

56BISON73
12-16-2011, 03:35 AM
Nator, can one of your FB contacts get you a field pass or a player ticket?

(just trying to think of ways as my few tickets have been committed.)

He said GT was a friend so---------

1998braves64
12-16-2011, 03:43 AM
Question for those who made the online ticket purchase work, once you get in the waiting room do you still need to hit refresh or does that bump you to the back of the line? (if I remember right it seemed there was an automatic 30 sec refresh) Or is it the luck of the draw of getting a refresh just as someone jumps off. I got pissed at my cell phone this morning for some reason it went from 7:59 to 8:01 (that 7:59 did seem kind of long?!), so I think that caused my issue.

Herd Mentality
12-16-2011, 05:27 AM
By Sunday night, I had 20+ requests for tickets from people that had missed out initally. Somehow, I managed to get every last one a ticket. So tickets were available.

THIS! Show up at the tailgate. I have never seen a game ever where there weren't people at the tailgate getting rid of tickets. Life happens and plans change. WORST CASE: Nobody at tailgate has tickets, so you have an awesome time at tailagate and then watch game at an NDSU supporter. (bar/eatery)

HoopsBison
12-16-2011, 06:41 AM
THIS! Show up at the tailgate. I have never seen a game ever where there weren't people at the tailgate getting rid of tickets. Life happens and plans change. WORST CASE: Nobody at tailgate has tickets, so you have an awesome time at tailagate and then watch game at an NDSU supporter. (bar/eatery)

^^^This^^^^

If you cant find a ticket then wander over to BWW and catch the game!

roadwarrior
12-16-2011, 09:49 AM
There were people selling tickets in the lobby before the James Madison game....

BisonBabe
12-16-2011, 10:05 AM
There were people selling tickets in the lobby before the James Madison game....

Yep quite a few at that...just look for the people with the tickets held out in front of them or over their heads standing by the Bison statue

heckler
12-16-2011, 01:05 PM
If you need a ticket let me know. See what I can do.

4mcruenomore
12-16-2011, 01:36 PM
If you need a ticket let me know. See what I can do.

Proof positive BV is full of good people!

roadwarrior
12-16-2011, 01:43 PM
I just went through the tickets wanted threads in the ticket exchange. Over half of them have found their tickets for the game, so I deleted the threads. There might still be a chance to find some! Dont give up.

ThundarStruck
12-16-2011, 01:59 PM
I am also looking for a ticket for a buddy if anybody knows of anyone.
I couldn't believe the prices people were trying to get out of their tickets on CL, ridiculous people would do that. This is supposed to be a giving time of year!

bisonaudit
12-16-2011, 02:14 PM
I am also looking for a ticket for a buddy if anybody knows of anyone.
I couldn't believe the prices people were trying to get out of their tickets on CL, ridiculous people would do that. This is supposed to be a giving time of year!

Zillow.com had a "Make me move." price that you can post for your house back when the market was super crazy. The idea is that it's not really for sale but at some theoretical price a person is willing to surrender their home because the money is just too stupid to pass up. There's probably some of that going on with these tickets.

"I'll post them out here for enough to pay for a trip to Hawaii and if someone takes them off my hands, fine, but I'm not really expecting anyone to actually bite."

Their actually advertising precisely how much they value Bison football. There's probably an undergraduate economics paper to be had here.

ThundarStruck
12-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Zillow.com had a "Make me move." price that you can post for your house back when the market was super crazy. The idea is that it's not really for sale but at some theoretical price a person is willing to surrender their home because the money is just too stupid to pass up. There's probably some of that going on with these tickets.

"I'll post them out here for enough to pay for a trip to Hawaii and if someone takes them off my hands, fine, but I'm not really expecting anyone to actually bite."

Their actually advertising precisely how much they value Bison football. There's probably an undergraduate economics paper to be had here.

:rofl:
Too bad I teach 3rd grade and not Econ or I would jump all over it.

Hopefully these same people looking for a trip to the islands also plan on yelling till theyre blue in the face at the dome when nobody bites on their overpriced tickets.

HandoEX
12-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Taken, sorry

ThundarStruck
12-16-2011, 04:19 PM
I have 2 GA tickets for $40.

(sorry, Loonies not accepted). Let me know if you want them Bisonator.

I would buy 1 for my buddy if Bisonator doesn't buy/want both.

On_the_road
12-16-2011, 06:26 PM
You've got mail.

STEP2DMB
12-17-2011, 02:49 PM
I was just informed that I have two extra GA tickets. face value $30 for both, selling as a pair please.