PDA

View Full Version : Educate yourself educate the fan next to you

MAKBison
12-15-2011, 05:23 AM
The key to stopping this offense is to limit it to short gains on 1st down then play solid assignments on 2nd and 3rd.

BEING LOUD ON FIRST DOWN IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS BEING LOUD ON 3RD DOWN!!!!!!!

Educate yourslef educate the fan next to you---- for this week 1st down is 3rd down, get of your ass and holler!!!!!

jimmyptubas
12-15-2011, 06:02 AM
^^^^^^^^^^True This..

My whole group will not be quiet as long as GSU has the ball.

missingnumber7
12-15-2011, 01:09 PM
The key to stopping this offense is to limit it to short gains on 1st down then play solid assignments on 2nd and 3rd.

Educate yourslef educate the fan next to you---- for this week 1st down is 3rd down, get of your ass and holler!!!!!And you don't have to wait for them to come to the line to get loud...loud when they are in the huddle or just breaking the huddle is even better because most changes are as the QB is walking up to the line...don't know about GSU, but most teams evaluate the D as they are walking up to the line. Watching Lehigh's QB to to each lineman individually and change things was great.

tjamz
12-15-2011, 01:14 PM

Educate yourslef educate the fan next to you---- for this week 1st down is 3rd down, get of your ass and holler!!!!!

EXACTLY! I thought I was the only one who "got it" based on prior games. I had people tell me it was my "opinion" that being loud on early downs would limit the offense from moving the ball. Had numerous people tell me to sit down until 3rd down. Last weekend my buddies got yelled at because the guy behind them "Has had these seats all year, so they should sit down and shut up so he can enjoy the game". What CRAP.

Unfortunately I am unable to attend the game this weekend (if I want to remain married anyway) as my in-laws are celebrating Christmas and it's been planned since like May to be on this weekend. Doesn't mean I won't be yelling at my TV right along with you guys!

BISONBRI53
12-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Section 17 has been great during the playoffs. Hope we are all up for 1 more game! Sit down and be quiet on the way home. This is no time to be a lame fan!

westnodak93bison
12-15-2011, 01:50 PM
EXACTLY! I thought I was the only one who "got it" based on prior games. I had people tell me it was my "opinion" that being loud on early downs would limit the offense from moving the ball. Had numerous people tell me to sit down until 3rd down. Last weekend my buddies got yelled at because the guy behind them "Has had these seats all year, so they should sit down and shut up so he can enjoy the game". What CRAP.

Unfortunately I am unable to attend the game this weekend (if I want to remain married anyway) as my in-laws are celebrating Christmas and it's been planned since like May to be on this weekend. Doesn't mean I won't be yelling at my TV right along with you guys!

I think I would have put my foot down on that one....but that is just me and my wife would have been right with me.

tjamz
12-15-2011, 05:32 PM
I think I would have put my foot down on that one....but that is just me and my wife would have been right with me.

I tried. Like I said, it probably would have caused a divorce if I skipped out on this. Her whole family (cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc...) are all going to be there and it is likely the last Christmas we will have with her grandma. I love the Bison but not enough to miss a possible last opportunity to have Christmas with her Grandma. All the bison have to do is win this Saturday and I'll get the best Christmas gift ever (a trip to Frisco)!

IzzyFlexion
12-16-2011, 04:20 AM
^^^^^^^^^^True This..

My whole group will not be quiet as long as GSU has the ball.

Don't bother.
Remember, they morally defeated buttbama in front of 451,984 ravenous tide fans.

coldspot
12-16-2011, 04:46 AM
Don't bother.
Remember, they morally defeated buttbama in front of 451,984 ravens fans.

they beat the ravens? why are they playing FCS football? match them up with the undefeated packers in the superbowl

part of that shouldn't be purple

standandyell
12-16-2011, 04:55 AM
I hope the "sit down til third down" so called fans stay home. Id rather have a thousand or so empty seats if it means the true fans arent getting told to sit down.

56BISON73
12-16-2011, 05:10 AM
I hope the "sit down til third down" so called fans stay home. Id rather have a thousand or so empty seats if it means the true fans arent getting told to sit down.

Dont start that true fan crap.

Herd Mentality
12-16-2011, 05:21 AM
Couldn't agree more PL. So sick of all these "get loud" threads. So you're telling me the regulars at Bisonville are going to be quiet evey game? This gets old fast.

standandyell
12-16-2011, 05:57 AM
Dont start that true fan crap.

"We need fans, not spectators"

-Bohl

Sorry that im not sorry if the "squatters" feelers are hurt by not calling them true fans.

standandyell
12-16-2011, 06:00 AM
Couldn't agree more PL. So sick of all these "get loud" threads. So you're telling me the regulars at Bisonville are going to be quiet evey game? This gets old fast.

If it gets people to buy/bring "megaphones" i'd call it a good thing. But, your right, probably dont need so many threads for it...

56BISON73
12-16-2011, 06:03 AM
"We need fans, not spectators"

-Bohl

Sorry that im not sorry if the "squatters" feelers are hurt by not calling them true fans..

Nobody said you were hurting anyones feelings. Thats just plain ignorant to put down other fans just because they dont cheer the way YOU want them to. Plus I really dont care for a johnny come lately so called fans like your self who are now know it all, be it all, the best bison fans in the world. Supposedly--that is.

standandyell
12-16-2011, 06:12 AM

Nobody said you were hurting anyones feelings. Thats just plain ignorant to put down other fans just because they dont cheer the way YOU want them to.

maybe you missed the -Bohl.

Besides, why cant the people who want to stand and yell do so without being hollered at? They are "put down" publicly for not nestling into their chair and golf clapping the way the socialites want them too.

56BISON73
12-16-2011, 06:25 AM
maybe you missed the -Bohl.

Besides, why cant the people who want to stand and yell do so without being hollered at? They are "put down" publicly for not nestling into their chair and golf clapping the way the socialites want them too.

No I didnt miss the Bohl comment. But he also didnt say to be an asshole about it and its not supposed to be a badge of honor. As far as people who stand as opposed to those that dont? Put this in perspective. 18,000 fans at a football game. How many out of 18,000 are being told to sit down because the people who sit behind cant see? A VERY small percentage. But its really none of your business to decide how or why people should cheer. Its up to each individual. Just because you stand and cheer all game doesnt make you a better fan than someone who comes to the game and isnt as excitable as you are. Here a hint also. Be respectfull of those around you and they will usually be respectfull back. If you are going to stand for every play just to stand every play like you think is some badge of honor you arent taking in to consideration of those around you. This shows very poor form.

standandyell
12-16-2011, 06:37 AM
No I didnt miss the Bohl comment. But he also didnt say to be an asshole about it and its not supposed to be a badge of honor. As far as people who stand as opposed to those that dont? Put this in perspective. 18,000 fans at a football game. How many out of 18,000 are being told to sit down because the people who sit behind cant see? A VERY small percentage. But its really none of your business to decide how or why people should cheer. Its up to each individual. Just because you stand and cheer all game doesnt make you a better fan than someone who comes to the game and isnt as excitable as you are. Here a hint also. Be respectfull of those around you and they will usually be respectfull back. If you are going to stand for every play just to stand every play like you think is some badge of honor you arent taking in to consideration of those around you. This shows very poor form.

I guess Im just lucky to be in a spot where we all stand and yell when the defense is on the field, and sit for the offense. I, along with those around me wouldnt do well in an area where everyone sits and hopes theres a third down. Hell, even my 9-month pregnant wife gets into the game with us!!

56BISON73
12-16-2011, 06:47 AM
I guess Im just lucky to be in a spot where we all stand and yell when the defense is on the field, and sit for the offense. I, along with those around me wouldnt do well in an area where everyone sits and hopes theres a third down. Hell, even my 9-month pregnant wife gets into the game with us!!

You had better just quit. You are making less sense with every post.

standandyell
12-16-2011, 06:55 AM
You had better just quit. You are making less sense with every post.

Sorry to go over your head there. Dont forget your seat cushion on Saturday, all that sitting can lead to a sore backside.

56BISON73
12-16-2011, 06:57 AM
Sorry to go over your head there. Dont forget your seat cushion on Saturday, all that sitting can lead to a sore backside.

Yeah I have a hard time interpreting ignorant posts. Im trying to get better at it and you are certainly giving me alot of material to study.

standandyell
12-16-2011, 07:17 AM
Nice one.

Im not sure what your deal is. You seem to take issue with promotion of an involved, active crowd. Also, it appears your standard response to an idea you dont agree with is to assume the person is ignorant or in this case disrespectful to those around him. Clearly you would rather sit and dare anyone to obstruct your view. If its true you sit in section 22, I will consider myself fortunate to be standing in 8, so as not to interfere with your view.

56BISON73
12-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Nice one.

Im not sure what your deal is. You seem to take issue with promotion of an involved, active crowd. Also, it appears your standard response to an idea you dont agree with is to assume the person is ignorant or in this case disrespectful to those around him. Clearly you would rather sit and dare anyone to obstruct your view. If its true you sit in section 22, I will consider myself fortunate to be standing in 8, so as not to interfere with your view.

I guess you just dont get the concept of common courtesy. It has nothing to do with with crowd involvement. But has everything to do with your attitude that people who dont cheer the way YOU want them to arent true fans. Thats my deal. But you just cant grasp that concept. No where in my posts have I indicated that people shouldnt stand and cheer.Nore that I sit there daring everyone to obstruct my view. That is just assinine.
You have gone from my initial post of questioning you on who is a true fan to----I dont like crowd involvement and dare people to stand in front of me? Your thought process is astounding.

Enjoy the game. But let those around you enjoy the game as well. Pretty simple.

CAS4127
12-16-2011, 02:50 PM

Are you and your group also responsible for starting the wave??!! :facepalm: I mean, it just started this year with the Wofford game, so I am guessing it is fans who are somewhat new to the dome this year.

TAILG8R
12-16-2011, 02:56 PM
This guy has a grand total of 19 posts. He definitely knows all about bisonville and who is a true fan and who is not.

standandyell
12-16-2011, 04:23 PM
Fellas - Im just hoping for the best football atmosphere the dome has seen. Although I am new to Bisonville, Ive been a fan of Bison football for many years just like thousands of others, and dont consider myself any more of a fan than the next guy.

standandyell
12-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Are you and your group also responsible for starting the wave??!! :facepalm: I mean, it just started this year with the Wofford game, so I am guessing it is fans who are somewhat new to the dome this year.

God no!!!!

TAILG8R
12-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Fellas - Im just hoping for the best football atmosphere the dome has seen. Although I am new to Bisonville, Ive been a fan of Bison football for many years just like thousands of others, and dont consider myself any more of a fan than the next guy.

No offense was meant by my post, just that you are the eleventy billionth person to start a thread on crowd noise, 'true fans cheer', the dome sucks, or what color is intimidating? on bisonville over the past years.

Stand. Cheer. Have a blast!

standandyell
12-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Yikes! Guess I struck a nerve... I shoulda left the true fan thing alone. Anyway, enjoy the game and congrats on the Best Setup award!

westnodak93bison
12-16-2011, 04:45 PM
I tried. Like I said, it probably would have caused a divorce if I skipped out on this. Her whole family (cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc...) are all going to be there and it is likely the last Christmas we will have with her grandma. I love the Bison but not enough to miss a possible last opportunity to have Christmas with her Grandma. All the bison have to do is win this Saturday and I'll get the best Christmas gift ever (a trip to Frisco)!

ok, I grant forgiveness. I shouldn't talk. I missed last week's game for my company Christmas party. :hide:

MAKBison
12-16-2011, 05:23 PM
This guy has a grand total of 19 posts. He definitely knows all about bisonville and who is a true fan and who is not.

BS might have more people in it if the regulars were such asshats sometimes. I am not directing this at anyone in particular, but its common knowledge that this site can be a bit unwelcoming and a bit elitist. Just saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAKBison
12-16-2011, 05:30 PM
You understand that you do not have to open and read each tread right.

"No offense was meant by my post, just that you are the eleventy billionth person to start a thread on crowd noise, 'true fans cheer', the dome sucks, or what color is intimidating? on bisonville over the past years. Stand. Cheer. Have a blast!"

BlueBisonRock
12-16-2011, 05:30 PM
BS might have more people in it if the regulars were such asshats sometimes. I am not directing this at anyone in particular, but its common knowledge that this site can be a bit unwelcoming and a bit elitist. Just saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its like any organization. If you come in and feel things out, get to know the other posters (in the virtual sense), show respect when disagreeing, and handle the more intense disagreements one on one (PMs) it works. If you come in guns blazing with the attitude that its your way or the highway when you are the new kid on the block - guess what? The place appears unwelcoming and a bit elitist.

All in all, it works when you want it to work (and somedays we even get some new information).

MAKBison
12-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Its like any organization. If you come in and feel things out, get to know the other posters (in the virtual sense), show respect when disagreeing, and handle the more intense disagreements one on one (PMs) it works. If you come in guns blazing with the attitude that its your way or the highway when you are the new kid on the block - guess what? The place appears unwelcoming and a bit elitist.

All in all, it works when you want it to work (and somedays we even get some new information).

Ok, you are completely right; there is no truth to my comment! C’mon---There are a plenty regulars in here that only show respect if they agree with you and they activly chase those who they dislike out. I am just saying

CAS4127
12-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Ok, you are completely right; there is no truth to my comment! C’mon---There are a plenty regulars in here that only show respect if they agree with you and the chase those who they dislike out.

They tried that with me both here and in the tailgate lot-->didn't work!!:biggrin:

MAKBison
12-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Fishwrap article today on how GSU has been simulating crowd noise at practice!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:Anyone know how many false starts there has been since the playoffs started?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

MAKBison
12-16-2011, 05:48 PM
They tried that with me both here and in the tailgate lot-->didn't work!!:biggrin:

I like a fighter :duel::)

heffray
12-16-2011, 06:02 PM
A couple of observations on this thread:

Observation 1. Guy with 19 posts: Get used being called out for how many posts you have in relation to the validity of the content of your posts. If Craig Bohl signed up for Bisonville tomorrow and started posting anonymously, he wouldn't get any cred or rep until his 1,000th post. That said, though, keep posting, you'll get there, BV just makes you earn it!

Observation 2. If people are getting yelled at for standing up for every down while our defense is on the field, the response to those yellers should NOT be "C'mon, aren't you a TRUE Bison Fan?" but rather "I'm sorry, I'm just trying to help my team win. I suggest you join in." ...and then remain standing. If the nagging persists, perhaps you could take a few moments to try and explain to him how loud noise can effect the Opponents Offense on EVERY down, not just third. If that doesn't work, be prepared to get a talkin' to by Fargodome's finest, and consequently be prepared to leave.

Observation 3. If any member of Bisonville doesn't feel compelled to stand on all defensive downs of the game this Saturday, I'm not going to question your True Bison Fandom, but rather your ability to understand the game of football.

MAKBison
12-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Anyone know how many false starts there has been since the playoffs started?

CAS4127
12-16-2011, 06:19 PM

Observation 1. Guy with 19 posts: Get used being called out for how many posts you have in relation to the validity of the content of your posts. If Craig Bohl signed up for Bisonville tomorrow and started posting anonymously, he wouldn't get any cred or rep until his 1,000th post. That said, though, keep posting, you'll get there, BV just makes you earn it!

Observation 2. If people are getting yelled at for standing up for every down while our defense is on the field, the response to those yellers should NOT be "C'mon, aren't you a TRUE Bison Fan?" but rather "I'm sorry, I'm just trying to help my team win. I suggest you join in." ...and then remain standing. If the nagging persists, perhaps you could take a few moments to try and explain to him how loud noise can effect the Opponents Offense on EVERY down, not just third. If that doesn't work, be prepared to get a talkin' to by Fargodome's finest, and consequently be prepared to leave.

Observation 3. If any member of Bisonville doesn't feel compelled to stand on all defensive downs of the game this Saturday, I'm not going to question your True Bison Fandom, but rather your ability to understand the game of football.

Response to OB2: I think those of us who stand at the appropriate times should start yelling at the "sitters" to stand. If they don't, I think we should get security involved. You know, reverse this entire line of BS, kinda like the reverse wave. Lastly, there is no chance in hell that any Dome Nazi would ever remove me from the Dome because I was standing and cheering-->no way. I would refuse to leave, and I think we all should be that way. It is time for us to take back our Dome damnit!!

TAILG8R
12-16-2011, 06:20 PM

Pay no attention to this, he only has 167 posts!

TAILG8R
12-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Anyone know how many false starts there has been since the playoffs started?

I have counted 6 false starts by the opposing team in the last two games (3 by each team), all of which came while the dome was rocking'.

There may have been more but these are the ones I attributed to crowd noise.

56BISON73
12-16-2011, 06:28 PM

Overall a very good post. But I do have one question. Cant one yell from the sittng position? I know I can. Are you saying something evolutionary has occured from my generation to yours where one can only yell when standing but you are incapable of that task from a sitting position?:biggrin: Just askin

TAILG8R
12-16-2011, 06:30 PM
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/2/0/9/8/7/a2276751-72-stirring-the-pot.jpg?d=1231817562

Bisonfan1
12-16-2011, 06:52 PM

Don't claim victory yet, were still working on it ! :D

heffray
12-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Overall a very good post. But I do have one question. Cant one yell from the sittng position? I know I can. Are you saying something evolutionary has occured from my generation to yours where one can only yell when standing but you are incapable of that task from a sitting position?:biggrin: Just askin

I'm sure this is NOT where you were going with this question, but in all honesty, yes, the human body is louder while standing. It has to do with the ability of the diaphram to do it's work. There are some vague exceptions to this, depending on how one has been taught to use their voice (i.e. head voice v. chest voice), but the overwhelming majority of people have a louder "chest voice."

Oh SNAP, the BISONVILLE FOOTBALL FORUM just when Concert Choir on y'all. Be afraid, be VERY afraid.

TateMosersneighbor
12-16-2011, 06:55 PM
I don't know if I want to sign up to educate a GSU fan if I'm sitting next to one. I have forgot most of what I learned in the 3rd grade, I've even watched the Swamp People show just in case I have to communicate with them. I picked up a few things...

Bisonfan1
12-16-2011, 07:15 PM
I really dont think it is too much to ask, for a National Semi Final game at our house, for everyone to stand and be HERD on all of our defensive downs. This contribution could lead to 3 and out more often than not, and therefore there will be plenty of time to sit on yer fat behinds the majority of the game. I am willing to sacrifice my knitting this game to do everything I can to contribute to false starts and whatever else the deafening roar and feet stomping will do to disrupt their offense.

56BISON73
12-16-2011, 07:20 PM
I really dont think it is too much to ask, for a National Semi Final game at our house, for everyone to stand and be HERD on all of our defensive downs. This contribution could lead to 3 and out more often than not, and therefore there will be plenty of time to sit on yer fat behinds the majority of the game. I am willing to sacrifice my knitting this game to do everything I can to contribute to false starts and whatever else the deafening roar and feet stomping will do to disrupt their offense.

Will you have my mittens done by Christmas??????????????????????

TateMosersneighbor
12-16-2011, 09:49 PM
Response to OB2: I think those of us who stand at the appropriate times should start yelling at the "sitters" to stand. If they don't, I think we should get security involved. You know, reverse this entire line of BS, kinda like the reverse wave. Lastly, there is no chance in hell that any Dome Nazi would ever remove me from the Dome because I was standing and cheering-->no way. I would refuse to leave, and I think we all should be that way. It is time for us to take back our Dome damnit!!

I think anyone that whines to the Dome Nazis should be tasered.

standandyell
12-16-2011, 10:19 PM
I think anyone that whines to the Dome Nazis should be tasered.

^^^^ +1 ^^^^

BlueKeyAlum
12-16-2011, 10:24 PM
and you don't have to wait for them to come to the line to get loud...loud when they are in the huddle or just breaking the huddle is even better because most changes are as the qb is walking up to the line...don't know about gsu, but most teams evaluate the d as they are walking up to the line. Watching lehigh's qb to to each lineman individually and change things was great.

yeah!! Befuddle the huddle!! Go bison fans!!