PDA

View Full Version : additional seating?

westnodak93bison
12-13-2011, 11:25 PM
How many additional seats could be made available with temporary aluminum stands in the corners? Any talk of this?

roadwarrior
12-13-2011, 11:45 PM
Nope.......

Crazy Idea
12-14-2011, 12:20 AM
While sitting at the JMU game I had a similar thought, but looking at the corners the support pylons would really obstruct the view and make it difficult.

HerdBot
12-14-2011, 12:46 AM
How many additional seats could be made available with temporary aluminum stands in the corners? Any talk of this?

nagonna happen. we dont need any more seats. its going to be deafening. it would be cool if they could put some stools by the edge of the railing with a ledge to set drinks on. maybe some sort of wood riser/platform to have some sort of theatre feel so you can accomodate 40 people so they can actually see the game. sell outs create urgency.

1998braves64
12-14-2011, 01:16 AM
adding very many bleachers would only create a more of a bottle neck at busy time (beg of game, 1/2 time and end of game) that is one thing I really hate about the fargodome since some older kinder folks will be standing, or walking slower and can't get through the mad rush that's coming at them from the opposite direction... I swear everyone sitting on east side must park on the west side and everyone sitting on the west side must park on the east side?? those open plaza's allow a little bulge to try to get around people.

standandyell
12-14-2011, 01:25 AM
Pack em in, as long as they bring their voices!!

X-Factor
12-14-2011, 03:22 AM
Screw the seats. Pack em in, 1.5 per seat....don't sit down!!! EVER!!!! 29,000 people

AKBison
12-14-2011, 03:27 AM
Bohl addressed this several years ago on his call in show. He said that Gene had a plan to do this and they had looked at several configurations but it would take consistent sell outs to put anything into action.

taper
12-14-2011, 03:28 AM
When watching the Mont-UNI game they showed the student section as just concrete risers and said they took out the seats because the students just broke them jumping up and down. You can really squeeze people in when they don't sit.

CaBisonFan
12-14-2011, 03:34 AM
nagonna happen. we dont need any more seats. its going to be deafening. it would be cool if they could put some stools by the edge of the railing with a ledge to set drinks on. maybe some sort of wood riser/platform to have some sort of theatre feel so you can accomodate 40 people so they can actually see the game. sell outs create urgency.

doyathink dervil beany of dem der empty seets?

CaBisonFan
12-14-2011, 03:35 AM
When watching the Mont-UNI game they showed the student section as just concrete risers and said they took out the seats because the students just broke them jumping up and down. You can really squeeze people in when they don't sit.

That was pretty amazing. They've really built a home crowd tradition in that stadium. Seems like we're on the way.

Consistent winning & playoff experiences...that's how it'll happen. Throw in 2 or 3 national titles and...

taper
12-14-2011, 03:41 AM
We did break a few bleachers in the BSA, and at SDSU the band actually feared for our lives when we started jumping on that plywood mess they call stands.

I have a piece of Mont State's bleachers from the '05 game...

Gully
12-14-2011, 10:56 AM
adding very many bleachers would only create a more of a bottle neck at busy time (beg of game, 1/2 time and end of game) that is one thing I really hate about the fargodome since some older kinder folks will be standing, or walking slower and can't get through the mad rush that's coming at them from the opposite direction... I swear everyone sitting on east side must park on the west side and everyone sitting on the west side must park on the east side?? those open plaza's allow a little bulge to try to get around people.

I wonder if cramming tailgating into the smallest parking lot has anything to do with that. Does the East side even fill up anymore? If it does, people must park there and walk to the West side to tailgate.

90 BISON
12-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Sell out consistently. Create a high demand, then consider greater capacity.

IndyBison
12-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Screw thek seats. Pack em in, 1.5 per seat....don't sit down!!! EVER!!!! 29,000 people
I went to an Ohio St-Michigan game at the Big House where most of the seats were bleachers. I had to stand sideways the entire game. There was no way we all could have sat. There was no way that place could SEAT 100k+.

KC Bison
12-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Always wondered how long it took for the traffic jam to end after a Michigan-Ohio St. game. Supposedly they can get 110,000 in now.

duluthbison
12-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Bohl addressed this several years ago on his call in show. He said that Gene had a plan to do this and they had looked at several configurations but it would take consistent sell outs to put anything into action.

Are you talking about cramming 1.5 per seat to get 29,000 in the dome?

MinotBison
12-14-2011, 01:41 PM
doyathink dervil beany of dem der empty seets?

Nahhh. Nodarn weigh.

1998braves64
12-15-2011, 02:05 AM
I wonder if cramming tailgating into the smallest parking lot has anything to do with that. Does the East side even fill up anymore? If it does, people must park there and walk to the West side to tailgate.

The few times we've parked there this year it has been pretty full, don't know if they hit capacity though? Seems like whenever I park over there I get stuck in the slowest line. Seriously one time got to my car and there were still several hundred parked cars all around me... ended up being one of the last cars out of the lot... do not know how I pulled that one! The line did not move until there pretty much were no more lines, guess if I'd been paying more attention I'd moved to a different line.

Thunder_Struck
12-15-2011, 02:55 AM
The few times we've parked there this year it has been pretty full, don't know if they hit capacity though? Seems like whenever I park over there I get stuck in the slowest line. Seriously one time got to my car and there were still several hundred parked cars all around me... ended up being one of the last cars out of the lot... do not know how I pulled that one! The line did not move until there pretty much were no more lines, guess if I'd been paying more attention I'd moved to a different line.

This is why the longer the radio post game show the better!

TheBisonator
12-15-2011, 02:57 AM
There was a plan from Gene to increase the capacity by 750-1,000 or so, but like someone said, he was only looking at different configurations.

CarringtonBison
12-15-2011, 03:17 AM
It gets very full, the last two games they have closed the lot at least 1/2 hr before game kickoff. Other games, very full but recently has been 100% full