PDA

View Full Version : Illegal Camping at the Fargodome

MNLonghorn10
12-11-2011, 09:23 PM
lotta butthurt

Vitojr130
12-11-2011, 09:49 PM
we're making preliminary plans on bringing the frisco cruiser to the dome on friday night. full force, all nighter.

That would be awesome.

56BISON73
12-12-2011, 12:15 AM
we're making preliminary plans on bringing the frisco cruiser to the dome on friday night. full force, all nighter.

Remember the rules. If you dont then future camp outs will be put in jeapardy.

SmellsLikeSamHumann
12-12-2011, 12:22 AM
Mr knowitall has spoken, he'll call simmers in 2 sec tattle talling longhorn. You been warned by Barney Fife!

56BISON73
12-12-2011, 12:26 AM
Mr knowitall has spoken, he'll call simmers in 2 sec tattle talling longhorn. You been warned by Barney Fife!

At least Barney had a bullet. You on the other hand----just dont get it. This is a student tradition thing they are trying to get started. If some older fans show up in a bus with alcohol the gig is up. Sorry guys you had your chance when you were students. Step back and let them do their thing.

roadwarrior
12-12-2011, 12:39 AM

A call wouldnt be necessary. There are people at the dome and at the BSA that read this board.

SmellsLikeSamHumann
12-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Hi Fargodome security hows our taxpayers money doing? Hehe

Bison"FANatic"
12-12-2011, 12:51 AM
Hi Fargodome security hows our taxpayers money doing? Hehe

Doing great this year, really have not heard much for complaints at all from people. They are not harassing people and they seem to be letting people cheer without problems. I guess they took care of the problems at tailgaiting last year as I have not heard any complaints this year.

56BISON73
12-12-2011, 12:53 AM
Doing great this year, really have not heard much for complaints at all from people. They are not harassing people and they seem to be letting people cheer without problems. I guess they took care of the problems at tailgaiting last year as I have not heard any complaints this year.

Get rid of the riff raff and things go smooth. Kind of funny how that works.

unbison
12-12-2011, 01:00 AM
really pl you could quit..............you tell me for one second that montana st with lakes in full effect was not fun

56BISON73
12-12-2011, 01:05 AM
really pl you could quit..............you tell me for one second that montana st with lakes in full effect was not fun

I could quit what? My good time at Montana State had nothing to do with lakes. Why you would think so is way beyond my imagination. WOW:facepalm:

Bisonguy
12-12-2011, 01:09 AM
Posts here split from the Student Camp Out thread.

Bisonguy
12-12-2011, 01:14 AM
Yeah, I drive Albrecht and 15th ave fairly frequently on Friday evenings, and I pretty much always see FPD or campus cops right by the Fargodome. A big green bus parked there would be a pretty obvious target for them.

56BISON73
12-12-2011, 01:16 AM

I could quit what? Lakes wasnt responsible for my good time at Montana State., How you could think that is beyond my imagination. WOW:facepalm: I had a blast there but lakes didnt have anything to do with it.

The mountain back drop, all of the Bison fans that showed up, The great Montana State fans, the football game, Fun time.

Gully
12-12-2011, 01:39 AM
The fargodome staff has been better this year, I think. In the past it seemed like they were looking for trouble and would almost start a confrontation (sort of a power trip thing). I have not witnessed that this year, in the lot or in the dome. I can live with how they've been recently. Games at other schools are very different though....way more laid back and I'm not aware of the world ending at any of their football games.

unbison
12-12-2011, 01:58 AM
pl he did set up the spot for all bison fans to tailgate give the guy a little credit he did the leg work to get us the spot :facepalm2:

ndsubison1
12-12-2011, 02:05 AM
why is there so much bitching on the board lately? we are in the semi finals!

Wally
12-12-2011, 02:11 AM
why is there so much bitching on the board lately? we are in the semi finals!

No doubt....been a little edgy and defensive today........We are in the semi finals and there hasn't been a blizzard yet.

http://www.danlew.com/wp-content/uploads/bitch.gif

56BISON73
12-12-2011, 02:25 AM
pl he did set up the spot for all bison fans to tailgate give the guy a little credit he did the leg work to get us the spot :facepalm2:

You are correct and I did thank him for his effort not only on this venue but at the game as well.

DjKyRo
12-12-2011, 02:43 AM
If some older fans show up in a bus with alcohol the gig is up.

There is truth to this. At least on Fargodome property.

THEsocalledfan
12-12-2011, 02:44 PM
I am going to ignore all the childishness and get back to the point:

Don't mess this up for the students who are camping. If you show up with that bus, here are the likely problems:

1. You get cited for tresspassing.
2. You get cited for some kind of illegal alcohol consumption. (I am sure they will come up with something.)
3. You'll get the student camping out kicked out and not allowed to do it again.

Not sure all 3 would happen, but I see zero good in this idea. Also, do you think NDSU officials do not read this thread? In other words, if you planned to do it, why in the world would you post about it?

I suspect you guys are just worried about getting out of bed in time for an 0830 tailgate. As Randy Moss would say, the truth hurts.

RadBison
12-12-2011, 02:59 PM
The fargodome staff has been better this year, I think. In the past it seemed like they were looking for trouble and would almost start a confrontation (sort of a power trip thing). I have not witnessed that this year, in the lot or in the dome. I can live with how they've been recently. Games at other schools are very different though....way more laid back and I'm not aware of the world ending at any of their football games.

Unfortunately I have. Before the YSU game, we were tailgating in the rain forest not far from the Frisco Cruiser, when the security guys came up and got pretty crappy with my cousin. we were packing up and just getting ready to head into the game when they told us to dump our beers out. My cousin "dumped" his into his mouth and the guy got pretty shitty with him. I could understand if we'd lipped off or if we'd been told before that we needed to get moving but this was the first time anyone had said anything to us and we were CLEARLY packing up. We lived, no tickets were written but it left a sour taste in all of our mouths.

BisonBabe
12-12-2011, 04:43 PM
None of can turn back the hands of time to relive our youth. Let the current crop of students enjoy the experience. I believe that they had to do a fair amount of convincing to get this to happen in the first place. The last thing they need is for one of us to mess it up for them. I know you just want to be part of the experience but the chance that all could be ruined for the students is just too high to mess with it.

Bison bison
12-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Unfortunately I have. Before the YSU game, we were tailgating in the rain forest not far from the Frisco Cruiser, when the security guys came up and got pretty crappy with my cousin. we were packing up and just getting ready to head into the game when they told us to dump our beers out. My cousin "dumped" his into his mouth and the guy got pretty shitty with him. I could understand if we'd lipped off or if we'd been told before that we needed to get moving but this was the first time anyone had said anything to us and we were CLEARLY packing up. We lived, no tickets were written but it left a sour taste in all of our mouths.

The obvious solution is to quit drinking Natty Light.

MNLonghorn10
12-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Wait...wait..wait...

so all we were doing is parking our bus in line (sw of thr dome on 17th) earlier than normal.. which would be 5:30am or so..were automatically gonna be drinkin...getting rowdy..ruining it for everyone..?? i forgot..when we do pull into the forest we're 5 boots in, 12 rounds of shots down and can barely walk.

i also forgot when dome employees came to us before the ysu game sayin dont park in the trees...since theyre experimenting for next yr..well we were the only ones who listened to.them when 50 other cars parked there...geez its the last tailgate at home..lighten up

THEsocalledfan
12-12-2011, 05:24 PM
so all we were doing is parking our bus in line (sw of thr dome on 17th) earlier than normal.. which would be 5:30am or so..were automatically gonna be drinkin...getting rowdy..ruining it for everyone..??

I do admit that I was assuming this as this is what I would do in a similar situation, thus I'd avoid the temtation......

pwbnd
12-12-2011, 05:53 PM
I could understand if we'd lipped off or if we'd been told before that we needed to get moving but this was the first time anyone had said anything to us and we were CLEARLY packing up. We lived, no tickets were written but it left a sour taste in all of our mouths.

^^^^This is my only complaint this year about the security staff...coming by and telling us to pack up when we're obviously doing just that. It's not overbearing harassment or anything, but it's also just not necessary. This past weekend was the perfect example...we typically start tearing down about an hour/45 minutes prior to the game. It was 2:15 and we'd pretty much gotten everything put away and were just putting our tent back in the storage bag when a guy in a yellow dome security coat walks up and tells us we need to put our stuff away and go into the game. Really, dude? What the heck do you thing we were doing? I don't know if they're on a power trip or what, but it's really starting to get annoying.

This same scenario has played out at least 5 of the last 8 tailgating sessions. Again, not a huge deal, but everytime it happens, they put out the "we're watching you, don't break any rules or else vibe."

If they do find it absolutely necessary to remind us that it's getting close to kick-off, why not take a more friendly approach. Maybe..."Thanks for following the rules, this really makes our jobs easier. Have a great time at the game."

MNLonghorn10
12-12-2011, 05:58 PM
i left to goto the game at about 2:40 last week...our tent, tables everything were in the bus....and some dude had some authority to come on the bus and yell to end the party, i was told..before 3 even.

HandoEX
12-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Changed our mnds and bought it back. Not going to camp in the tailgating lots, that was a joke.

THEsocalledfan
12-12-2011, 07:07 PM
You know, I have to give Brookings some props.

When we tailgated there, I did not have one security nazi say anything and everyone did fine.

Also, in Brookings, the tailgaters understood that the "hot coal" bin is for "hot coals." Some of our brilliant tailgaters were putting paper trash in the "hot coal" bin. Well, you can imagine the problem this caused.....

56BISON73
12-12-2011, 07:53 PM
I think longhorn was joking about camping at the dome...especially since we no longer even own the bus. Looking to pick up a new rig for next season as we speak. Frisco Cruiser #2!

What did you do with #1 and why did you sell it?