PDA

View Full Version : What an EXPERIENCE!!

OrygunBison
12-11-2011, 06:28 PM
So, this was my first game in the dome since the last time the Who played there. Wow, the atmosphere is WAY way different than it used to be, in a good way. The tailgating is really awesome and the Dome is just freaking loud. Nice work folks. I'm really glad that I delayed my return flight. I cannot wait to see that video game offense come to the dome!!!

BTW - I'll bring a gift to the campers again this week if invited...

HandoEX
12-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Yup, totally different. Yesterday was awesome, next weekend will be even louder!!!

stevdock
12-11-2011, 07:26 PM
I don't know what everyone else thinks but I wasn't as impressed with the crowd yesterday. Could be that my group of seven was harassed and being yelled at to sit down when we were on defense, but I thought the crowd was not as loud as last weeks. Either way it has to be louder for GSU.

Strommer10
12-11-2011, 08:42 PM
I don't know what everyone else thinks but I wasn't as impressed with the crowd yesterday. Could be that my group of seven was harassed and being yelled at to sit down when we were on defense, but I thought the crowd was not as loud as last weeks. Either way it has to be louder for GSU.
It's been better, but Orygun is saying that it's FAR better than 10 years ago. Also, you're more than welcome to stop by again!

17>1
12-11-2011, 09:16 PM

Pretty tough for the crowd to get jacked up and stay jacked when we have a bad offsides after a 3 and out and 2 turnovers, one of them coming right after we picked one off. Also, with Lehigh not kicking field goals and not scoring points, it made the game pretty ho-hum for me. Personally, this game felt won before the kickoff, unlike how I felt before JMU. Expect it to return to normallacy this Saturday.

Trampled
12-11-2011, 09:39 PM
I don't know what game you were at if you didn't think that was loud! go down to concourse level and stand once on third down. The place just vibrates!

bisontwice
12-11-2011, 09:55 PM
according to some of the players it was louder than last week and the UNI game. still room for improvement though

Trampled
12-11-2011, 10:00 PM
I am up on Z row and it was great. I went down to student corner by the band on my way out and it was phenomenal. they were rockin and really loud still and the game was 24-0 and basically over. what an atmosphere and home field advantage!

CaBisonFan
12-11-2011, 10:10 PM
I don't think we need louder. It's great when watching the streaming...best ever, by far. What we need is to sustain it throughout the game.

I don't think that there's anything lacking. Just enjoy the game and go nuts.

Swaghook
12-11-2011, 10:14 PM
I don't think we need louder. It's great when watching the streaming...best ever, by far. What we need is to sustain it throughout the game.

I don't think that there's anything lacking. Just enjoy the game and go nuts.

Every down will be important against GSU not just 3rd & 4th.

HooliganBison
12-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Every down will be important against GSU not just 3rd & 4th.

The crowd is getting better but we need to be making that much noise the entire time GSU has the ball.

HerdBot
12-11-2011, 11:46 PM
So, this was my first game in the dome since the last time the Who played there. Wow, the atmosphere is WAY way different than it used to be, in a good way. The tailgating is really awesome and the Dome is just freaking loud. Nice work folks. I'm really glad that I delayed my return flight. I cannot wait to see that video game offense come to the dome!!!

BTW - I'll bring a gift to the campers again this week if invited...

Good post. Tailgating during the regular season is probably better. The noise factor in the regular season games are good too but the playoffs are a different animal. I hope the energy carries over to 2012. I feel like the culture is changing.

TransAmBison
12-12-2011, 12:42 AM
Got to my seats and after settling in this guy comes and sits down in front of me. Never saw this guy before, hoping he isn't going to be an issue with the cheering etc. He gets settled in, turns around and asks, "You're TransAm right?" I cautiously answer that I am...and he lets me know he's none other than OrygunBison. Glad to meet you! Stop by the Horny Bison next Saturday! We need to tip a few together!

IzzyFlexion
12-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Got to my seats and after settling in this guy comes and sits down in front of me. Never saw this guy before, hoping he isn't going to be an issue with the cheering etc. He gets settled in, turns around and asks, "You're TransAm right?" I cautiously answer that I am...and he lets me know he's none other than OrygunBison. Glad to meet you! Stop by the Horny Bison next Saturday! We need to tip a few together!

Why, was he wearing a "Hard Rock Cafe N1ger1a" T-shirt?

NorthernBison
12-12-2011, 12:57 AM

After we got everything set up in the Grass lot, it was time to go for a walk. My son (age 13) and I walked over to will call to get our tickets and on the way back, he pointed out you and your wife in your coats. He was a bit impressed when I casually said, "that's TransAm Bison." He looked at me and said, "do you know that guy?".

How to answer that question? Quite a puzzle.

I told him I knew who that guy was but have never talked to him. He then asked if I was going to go over and say Hi. Then it was time for a little lesson. I told him that the Bison were on a roll and I wasn't about to go changing anything now and possibly upset the cosmic balance. Talking to the guy in the Yellow coat would have to wait.

HooliganBison
12-12-2011, 02:16 AM
After we got everything set up in the Grass lot, it was time to go for a walk. My son (age 13) and I walked over to will call to get our tickets and on the way back, he pointed out you and your wife in your coats. He was a bit impressed when I casually said, "that's TransAm Bison." He looked at me and said, "do you know that guy?".

I told him I knew who that guy was but have never talked to him. He then asked if I was going to go over and say Hi. Then it was time for a little lesson. I told him that the Bison were on a roll and I wasn't about to go changing anything now and possibly upset the cosmic balance. Talking to the guy in the Yellow coat would have to wait.

I did the same except at the game I talked with orygunbison and sat in front of TAB and wife at the game. Someday I will actually stop by and formally introduce myself.

yellowstreak
12-12-2011, 02:27 AM
It's been better, but Orygun is saying that it's FAR better than 10 years ago. Also, you're more than welcome to stop by again!

I remember a lot more open seats ten years ago. Even when we had pretty good teams with Gordon, there were always a bunch of open seats. The competition wasn't always good either...Moorhead State.

KTF
12-12-2011, 04:07 AM
I was in the GSMB the year they played Moorhead state... I would have liked to have left after the 1st quarter with the rest of the crowd. It was that very game that I memorized the tuba part for "On Bison", ah such great memories...

OrygunBison
12-15-2011, 04:51 AM
I did the same except at the game I talked with orygunbison and sat in front of TAB and wife at the game. Someday I will actually stop by and formally introduce myself.

Wait, what? Did I talk to you? I don't really have everyone's BV handles/faces straight.

My seat ticket was all f'ed up and it turns out I had to move 10 seats to the left after sitting in front of Tranny for about the first half of the first quarter. When I got settled into my proper seat, I must have been right in front of BBR. The back of my head is in at least one of his photos - green/gold striped hat next to big guy in #40 jersey. Big guy has those season tix and was my old roomie in college.

344Johnson
12-15-2011, 05:27 AM
344 reserves the right to visit any/all bisonville members, with/without invitation. I am the biggest bison fan, I can care less if people are camping in front of the dome or not, I love the herd more than them. I have been following the team since I was born. Raised in a Sioux Suck T-shirt til I was 5, raised knowing (even in Colorado Springs) that the Bison were the team to cheer for, raised knowing that even if we lost that we blame (insert coach) rather than the great guys we recruit. We are the pride of North Dakota. Fuck everyone else, we are better than them. We represent everything that is our state. Do we represent lawyers(other than CAS). no! Do we represent doctors? Hell no.

We represent engineers, farmers. businessmen(women), football, and basketball in our state. We are the pride of North Dakota. Did we do what the Whioux did? No! We scheduled real opponents so we could guage how the transition was going, in all sports. Win or lose, I am damn proud of this team. If I had to follow any team into battle, these are my guys. I would trust our team(win or lose this weekend) to do whatever was asked of them. Could we run the TO, Hell Yeah! This is our team. This is our school, screw everyone else. North Dakota State is our school. These are our guys, this is our style, and damnit who care what any southerner, northerner, in between thinks.

We Are.......the Pride of North Dakota!

Notorious
12-15-2011, 01:27 PM

Prepare to be incredibly disappointed when you and your son do, in fact, stop by and say hi.*

*for the Lennon thread.

4mcruenomore
12-15-2011, 01:31 PM
I'd have to say that the most amazing rush for alot of posters is meeting "4mcrue"

THEsocalledfan
12-15-2011, 02:06 PM
We represent PHARMACISTS, engineers, farmers. businessmen(women), football, and basketball in our state.....

Why does everyone forget about us? We have our own college and building for cripes sake. (By the way, reps to you.)

TransAmBison
12-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Why does everyone forget about us? We have our own college and building for cripes sake. (By the way, reps to you.)All you guys do is count pills.C'mon...let's see who will bite...wait for it...wait for it...

Tatanka
12-15-2011, 02:13 PM
All you guys do is count pills.C'mon...let's see who will bite...wait for it...wait for it...

... and sometimes not even that, thanks to the computer scientists / engineers that automated that for you... .trolling...... trolllllliiiiiinnnngg............

onbison09
12-15-2011, 02:59 PM
... and sometimes not even that, thanks to the computer scientists / engineers that automated that for you... .trolling...... trolllllliiiiiinnnngg............

My dad bitches all the time his company won't let him use an automatic counter :rofl:

Bison"FANatic"
12-15-2011, 03:05 PM
All you guys do is count pills.

Aren't they being replaced by machines. I just type in a number and poof out pops my pills from a big machine. Just adding bait, here fishy fishy here fishy fishy

TransAmBison
12-15-2011, 03:07 PM
Aren't they being replaced by machines. I just type in a number and poof out pops my pills from a big machine. Just adding bait, here fishy fishy here fishy fishyGumball machines could do what they do more efficiently.

CAS4127
12-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Why does everyone forget about us? We have our own college and building for cripes sake. (By the way, reps to you.)

PHARMACIST->Easily the easiest job/profession there is, plus they are waaaaaay overpaid.

I mean, isn't counting to 90 the most you have to do in a day, with it normally being 30??

Example: Let's see, OK, Tranny needs his meds to alleviate the symptoms of his "Attention Whorism" disease. Where is the big bottle of pills. OK, there it is. Now count 30 of them and put them in a smaller bottle and print out the label with Tranny's name on it. Done.

Wow, tough effing job there . . . . . . .

344Johnson
12-15-2011, 03:21 PM

My sister is almost done with Pharmacy. Everyday when she is studying I either tell her she is fat...or she is doing a lot of reading to learn how to count to 30. I do like your building. It is cute.

OrygunBison
12-15-2011, 04:25 PM

They always forget about us architects, too. I usually don't point it out, however, for fear of the beating that you just received.

Civil06
12-15-2011, 04:28 PM
They always forget about us architects, too. I usually don't point it out, however, for fear of the beating that you just received.

Art school rejects???

CAS4127

Break out the Lego's!!!

OrygunBison
I'd have to say that the most amazing rush for alot of posters is meeting "4mcrue"

Not so much of a rush, actually, more of a belly convulsion. By the way, MCrue was my favorite band at one time, too...in 1988.

OrygunBison
12-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Break out the Lego's!!!

At least architects and pharmacists are using their talents for the good of the people in most cases. That's a lot more than most attorneys can say.

Look at the big brain on CAS...all used for evil. Evil, I say.

I kid, of course. Some of my best friends and colleagues are attorneys. (I have to write this because I don't know how to do the purple font thing and don't care to learn.)

TransAmBison
12-15-2011, 04:41 PM
At least architects and pharmacists are using their talents for the good of the people in most cases. That's a lot more than most attorneys can say.

I kid, of course. Some of my best friends and colleagues are attorneys. (I have to write this because I don't know how to do the purple font thing and don't care to learn.)I thought you didn't care for the artificial coloring used to make the purple font. :D

OrygunBison
12-15-2011, 04:52 PM
I thought you didn't care for the artificial coloring used to make the purple font. :D

Yeah, that shit will give you cancer. I'm developing my own purple font using fresh blueberries and a touch of cranberry extract blended into an equal part of yak's milk. I'm pretty close now but it needs to be a little more shiny. My next test batch will be whipped with a little organic chicken broth and a very small amount of non-GM canola oil for good measure.

This will also be good to pour over your pancakes.

CAS4127
12-15-2011, 04:56 PM

I kid, of course. Some of my best friends and colleagues are attorneys. (I have to write this because I don't know how to do the purple font thing and don't care to learn.)

CAD software-->complete designs in color while architects watch, and later bill their clients for their "work"!!

56BISON73
12-15-2011, 06:45 PM
Yeah, that shit will give you cancer. I'm developing my own purple font using fresh blueberries and a touch of cranberry extract blended into an equal part of yak's milk. I'm pretty close now but it needs to be a little more shiny. My next test batch will be whipped with a little organic chicken broth and a very small amount of non-GM canola oil for good measure.

This will also be good to pour over your pancakes.

Sounds like Yak abuse. FREE the YAKS!!!!!!

OrygunBison
12-15-2011, 07:54 PM
Sounds like Yak abuse. FREE the YAKS!!!!!!

Hey, check your pm's.

56BISON73
12-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Hey, check your pm's.

Got it....

THEsocalledfan
12-17-2011, 04:06 AM
PHARMACIST->Easily the easiest job/profession there is, plus they are waaaaaay overpaid.

I mean, isn't counting to 90 the most you have to do in a day, with it normally being 30??

Example: Let's see, OK, Tranny needs his meds to alleviate the symptoms of his "Attention Whorism" disease. Where is the big bottle of pills. OK, there it is. Now count 30 of them and put them in a smaller bottle and print out the label with Tranny's name on it. Done.

Wow, tough effing job there . . . . . . .

You guys crack me up. I still am amazed everytime folks think that backwards pharmacy practice is all we do. If all we do is count pills, why would we need books such at these?

http://store.ashp.org/Default.aspx?TabId=216&ProductId=7682

http://www.amazon.com/Managing-Anticoagulation-Patients-Hospital-Inpatient/dp/1585281573

By the way, these books are all pharmacist written and had some NDSU talent that worked on them. Johnson, that is why we need to study. By the way, the last time I counted a pill was in the year 2000 doing some relief at Target. (Even then, I never, ever did it in my regular job; I take care of patients and manage drug therapy.)

Bison"FANatic"
12-17-2011, 04:23 AM
Reel Tranny reel you got one!!!!!!!

TransAmBison
12-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Reel Tranny reel you got one!!!!!!!He swallowed the hook. Poor little guy doesn't stand a chance.

Tatanka
12-17-2011, 12:13 PM
FISH ON!!!!! oh damn, it's a carp.

BisoninNWMN
12-17-2011, 12:34 PM
NDSU has produced some damn fine graduates, including......cough.....beekeepers....cough.....: rofl:

GO BISON

Bison bison
12-17-2011, 01:56 PM
You guys crack me up. I still am amazed everytime folks think that backwards pharmacy practice is all we do. If all we do is count pills, why would we need books such at these?

http://www.amazon.com/Managing-Anticoagulation-Patients-Hospital-Inpatient/dp/1585281573

By the way, these books are all pharmacist written and had some NDSU talent that worked on them. Johnson, that is why we need to study. By the way, the last time I counted a pill was in the year 2000 doing some relief at Target. (Even then, I never, ever did it in my regular job; I take care of patients and manage drug therapy.)

I'm confused. You don't even count pills any more. You just read books about counting pills?

Thoroughly convinced that much of your industry could be replaced with an iPhone app and a vending machine.

WYOBISONMAN
12-17-2011, 02:01 PM

Shit.......I bet you got Hustler and Penthouse to read behind those counters......LOL!