PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Sales

Gully
12-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Must be heavy. I just "pretended" to try and buy tickets and it just kept refreshing and not really going anywhere. Hopefully that's a sign they're selling fast and furious.

tjbison
12-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Must be heavy. I just "pretended" to try and buy tickets and it just kept refreshing and not really going anywhere. Hopefully that's a sign they're selling fast and furious.

Online it shows Sideline and End zone reserved both as sold out

Gully
12-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Wow. Let's hope the momentum continues with the GA sales! I'm going to pick up my four reserved now before I forget.

MNLonghorn10
12-11-2011, 06:14 PM
unclaimed will be on sale weds at 8am right?

TbonZach
12-11-2011, 06:18 PM

I just tried and I didn't even get that far. When I clicked on "purchase tickets" for the game I was redirected to ticket purchasing info from last year.

Started here: https://tkt.xosn.com/tickets/TicketHome.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&_MODE_=PERFORMERCATEGORY&SALE_TKT_PERFORMER_ID=20&SALE_TKT_SALE_CATEGORIES_ID=68635

Sent here:https://tkt.xosn.com/tickets/TicketHome.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&_MODE_=EVENTSELECT&SALE_TKT_EVENT_ID=268971

EDIT: per the Facebook page -

Bison fans, a high volume of ticket purchases is creating delays in online orders and extended hold times by phone. The ticket office staff is working diligently and appreciates your patience and understanding. The ticket office will remain open until 7pm tonight and hold extended hours all week. GO BISON!

BisoninHuskerland
12-11-2011, 06:51 PM
I will my 170 decibal voice up from Omaha and help contribute to the 5 false starts that GSU will be accepting. My brother waited in line at the Fargo Dome took 1.5 hours---so I better buy him a couple of beers.

GFBison
12-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Time to outsource ticket sales.

Bisonguy
12-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Time to outsource ticket sales.

The online portion already is.

bisonranch
12-11-2011, 08:26 PM
GA is all that's left online.

tjbison
12-11-2011, 08:26 PM
The online portion already is.

And that is terrible IMO

HooliganBison
12-11-2011, 09:05 PM
GA soldout. Just left ticket office the guy ahead of me bought the last 5!!!

Tatanka
12-11-2011, 09:07 PM
ga soldout. Just left ticket office the guy ahead of me bought the last 5!!!
wow^^^^^^^^^^^

Hammersmith
12-11-2011, 09:09 PM
A handful of sideline and end zone singles are back up. Regular GA is gone, but student section GAs are now available. Still, four hours for the bulk of the tickets to be gone. That's pretty damn good.

Wally
12-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Does anyone know how much $$$ the dept makes per football game assuming the avg attendance we have had this year?

Hammersmith
12-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Does anyone know how much $$$ the dept makes per football game assuming the avg attendance we have had this year?
A couple years ago, one of the BMB guys(Steve H, I think) said a sold out crowd netted about $250k. Don't know if the info is still current.

Tatanka
12-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Student section tickets already on sale. I'm sure they held some for the students but wouldn't be surprised at the current rate to see those sold out very very quickly. Singles only for end zone and sideline. Will be interesting to see how many of our southern friends will make the trip.

MNLonghorn10
12-11-2011, 09:17 PM
soooo weds morning at 8?

CAS4127
12-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Recall the NCAA gets 75% of net ticket sales for PO games.

CaBisonFan
12-11-2011, 09:23 PM

Same thing happened here after we found one set of four tickets. We were playing around with finding other seats...but no go. Oh well...we're in.

roadwarrior
12-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Great to see the demand! I think the ticket office staff needs some thanks for the extra effort they have put in the past three weeks. This is not anything near normal for those people!

Tatanka
12-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Great to see the demand! I think the ticket office staff needs some thanks for the extra effort they have put in the past three weeks. This is not anything near normal for those people!

Agreed... They've been busting their butts since before thanksgiving.

BFKasper14
12-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Are they reserving any tickets for students???

Tatanka
12-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Are they reserving any tickets for students???
I'm sure they are. But I wouldn't pussyfoot around getting student tickets... if you want 'em get 'em early.

BFKasper14
12-11-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm sure they are. But I wouldn't pussyfoot around getting student tickets... if you want 'em get 'em early.

Would they be selling them right now over at the ticket offices? I thought I saw something that they were open until 7?

roadwarrior
12-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Yes, you can get student tickets at the BSA right now.

Gully
12-11-2011, 09:57 PM
With this much demand from the general public, I think they might as well allocate one fewer section to students to start the year next year and see how that goes. I love the students that show up, but we need to sell all the tickets we can.

BFKasper14
12-11-2011, 10:18 PM
With this much demand from the general public, I think they might as well allocate one fewer section to students to start the year next year and see how that goes. I love the students that show up, but we need to sell all the tickets we can.

My dad said that when he bought tickets today that when they sold out of GA tickets, they dipped into the student section tickets a little bit. Maybe it's a start?

TheBisonator
12-12-2011, 12:16 AM
I hope there's at least one single remaining in the GA student section tomorrow morning. I'm gonna try to snatch up a student section GA seat.

TransAmBison
12-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Went and picked up my four tickets at around 2pm. The lines was huge. The whole entryway was packed with the four lines from the ticket windows and the line went all the way down the left hallway and back towards the doorway. It moved at an okay pace, but was long enough wait. Luckily there was no wait for the tailgate passes.

4mcruenomore
12-12-2011, 12:33 AM
Went and picked up my four tickets at around 2pm. The lines was huge. The whole entryway was packed with the four lines from the ticket windows and the line went all the way down the left hallway and back towards the doorway. It moved at an okay pace, but was long enough wait. Luckily there was no wait for the tailgate passes.

I imagine the lines parting like the red sea when you walked in and "Back in Black" playing in the back ground

heymch86
12-12-2011, 02:05 AM
What will the student turnout be like? End of the semester is ends friday and in years past, freshman/people in the dorms have had to move out by that friday night. Hopefully this doesn't force a lot of students to go back home? Maybe student housing could remain open until Saturday night?

imabison
12-12-2011, 02:10 AM

I agree, the lines were there today, but moving at a slow steady pace.

SportsLover
12-12-2011, 02:51 AM
What will the student turnout be like? End of the semester is ends friday and in years past, freshman/people in the dorms have had to move out by that friday night. Hopefully this doesn't force a lot of students to go back home? Maybe student housing could remain open until Saturday night?

I have heard that they will be remaining open until Sunday 6:00 pm. So students have the option of staying on campus for the game.

NDSUstudent
12-12-2011, 03:25 AM
Can't even buy tickets online anymore...Things could get pretty crazy on Wednesday.

imabison
12-12-2011, 03:40 AM
Can't even buy tickets online anymore...Things could get pretty crazy on Wednesday.

The ticket office has to look at the bright side, all those hard working extra students can all get the next couple days off.

Wednesday will be interesting. Wonder if they will start selling SRO tickets on Wednesday or Thursday.

TheBisonator
12-12-2011, 08:24 AM
Can you still order tickets over the phone even though the online service crapped out???

BigBison
12-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Biggest Attendance Ever in the Dome of DOOM??? 19,100? Whats are record, 19,050 something.

One thing about these playoff games it seems that attendance is actual butts in the seats vs regular season where its tickets sold and we have 2,000 empty seats but have attendance of 18,7XX.

EmbdenBison
12-12-2011, 12:04 PM
Biggest Attendance Ever in the Dome of DOOM??? 19,100? Whats are record, 19,050 something.

One thing about these playoff games it seems that attendance is actual butts in the seats vs regular season where its tickets sold and we have 2,000 empty seats but have attendance of 18,7XX.

Too lazy to look it up but I think it is 19,207 versus SDSU in 2006

Mr. Burgundy
12-12-2011, 12:06 PM
It is my understanding that they are counting attendance different during these playoff games. It has something to do with the band and students. Prior to Saturday's game we were selling obstructed view tickets and SRO....and only sold 18,100 but may have had more people in the building than ever before. I am also told that the "fire marshall" won't let us have what we potentially have had in the past, so the 19,000 number may never be seen again.

BisBison
12-12-2011, 12:26 PM
It is my understanding that they are counting attendance different during these playoff games. It has something to do with the band and students. Prior to Saturday's game we were selling obstructed view tickets and SRO....and only sold 18,100 but may have had more people in the building than ever before. I am also told that the "fire marshall" won't let us have what we potentially have had in the past, so the 19,000 number may never be seen again.

Not being a dick, but why would the fire marshall care about the difference between 18,500 and 19,000? We've had way more people in the FFD for concerts. I think up to 25,000 IIRC.

MNLonghorn10
12-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Because incase of a fire or whatever...theres a garage door exit for everyone on the floor to use

roadwarrior
12-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Because incase of a fire or whatever...theres a garage door exit for everyone on the floor to use

There are also four stairways (one in each corner) from the field level directly to outside, without going through the concourse.

roadwarrior
12-12-2011, 03:32 PM
From the Forum........

The North Dakota State ticket office may have set some sort of one-day sales record for a football game on Sunday....

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/343676/

Jay
12-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Per FB, GA is sold out.

Tatanka
12-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Per FB, GA is sold out.

Non-Student Section GA, I assume.

Jay
12-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Non-Student Section GA, I assume.

Correct.............

herdmember
12-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Section 10-12 was on sale for awhile yesterday, did that sell out?

roper1313
12-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Just got back from picking up my tickets and wanted to give some details. The line was between 50-75 people long at 10:15, was around a 15 min wait, so it's moving at a steady pace. They were making sure everyone was a season ticket holder or student since there is not any thing else available. The person checking on the line said that there were only around 500 unused season tickets turned in last week and he was expecting it to be much lower this week. Be ready on wednesday morning, I'm guessing they won't last much more than a half hour.

Kudos to Steve Scheel, he was a couple of people behind me in line and was told they could print off his tickets right away, be he said he should wait in line like every one else!

Tatanka
12-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Section 10-12 was on sale for awhile yesterday, did that sell out?

I would guess they didn't release all of the student tickets to the general public yet. I would further guess that the tickets that did get released sold out since they were the only option.

Tatanka
12-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Just got back from picking up my tickets and wanted to give some details. The line was between 50-75 people long at 10:15, was around a 15 min wait, so it's moving at a steady pace. They were making sure everyone was a season ticket holder or student since there is not any thing else available. The person checking on the line said that there were only around 500 unused season tickets turned in last week and he was expecting it to be much lower this week. Be ready on wednesday morning, I'm guessing they won't last much more than a half hour.

Holy carp!

Herd Mentality
12-12-2011, 04:58 PM
I purchased Oakland MBB tickets while I was up there yesterday....almost started a full blown riot.

Bison03
12-12-2011, 05:07 PM

Kudos to Steve Scheel, he was a couple of people behind me in line and was told they could print off his tickets right away, be he said he should wait in line like every one else!

Steve Scheel is a stand up guy who obviously gives a lot of money to NDSU athletics. He is a normal guy. Sure, he has lots of money, but having met him numerous times, he is grounded in the fact that he knows what is important in life. As far as the tickets, Less than 500 possibly being available on Wednesday morning is going to result in a mob scene at the BSA when most of those people will be beat by online and phone orders. Yet another reason to be a season ticket holder.

duluthbison
12-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Got my student ticket right away at 8am, there was probably 15-20 people already in line. I can't wait until SATURDAY!!!

Strommer10
12-12-2011, 05:54 PM
I got my student ticket around noon today and waited about 10-15 minutes.

cbline
12-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Steve Scheel is a stand up guy who obviously gives a lot of money to NDSU athletics. He is a normal guy. Sure, he has lots of money, but having met him numerous times, he is grounded in the fact that he knows what is important in life. As far as the tickets, Less than 500 possibly being available on Wednesday morning is going to result in a mob scene at the BSA when most of those people will be beat by online and phone orders. Yet another reason to be a season ticket holder.

Hopefully our wish over the past few years is coming true: that a Bison football ticket is the hot item to have in town.

Putz
12-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Has anyone heard an estimate on how many eagles fans will be traveling to the dome?

Trim
12-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Do we have until 9 PM on Tuesday to renew again?

MNLonghorn10
12-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Has anyone heard an estimate on how many eagles fans will be traveling to the dome?
very few likely since they are probably poor.

Bison"FANatic"
12-12-2011, 06:34 PM

Nope Season ticket holders had till 1 today.

:biggrin:

roper1313
12-12-2011, 06:35 PM

Correct

https://www.nmnathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205345047

BadlandsBison
12-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Fyi student tickets can be purchases in both the Union and bsa, maybe that's common knowledge though

Strommer10
12-12-2011, 06:47 PM
Fyi student tickets can be purchases in both the Union and bsa, maybe that's common knowledge though
It should be. But if the public is getting their tickets at this rate, I say start releasing more student tickets on wednesday.

Trim
12-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Nope Season ticket holders had till 1 today.

:biggrin:

Haha! You Bastard! I had a mini-heart attack there for about 50 ms...

There was some confusion amongst my co-workers so I went to GoBison and it had last week's information still up. Then someone said it was different because there was no wrestling meet this week and blah, blah, blah...

Anyway, I better go get my tix after work tonight so I don't screw this up.

bisonmike2
12-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Gobison.com now says sellout across the board. Also says to check back Wednesday morning at 8 for season tickets that weren't renewed. What's the record? 19,021? I'd say that's in jeopardy.

jimmyptubas
12-12-2011, 07:09 PM
Gobison.com now says sellout across the board. Also says to check back Wednesday morning at 8 for season tickets that weren't renewed. What's the record? 19,021? I'd say that's in jeopardy.

Yes, i just checked this too and it said the same thing! I know some might disagree but i'm very happy it's a saturday game...gives me sometime to "pre-game" instead of being stuck at work all day before the game!

RadBison
12-12-2011, 07:12 PM

They don't count the band (non-paying attendee's) and some others who get in free so getting above 18,500 is going to be a challenge. I say it beats last week but not by more than 100, maybe 200.

I was in section 19 this week so couldn't see the student section, was it full? Last week I was in section 2 and the top 1/4 of the student section was pretty thin.

RadBison
12-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Yes, i just checked this too and it said the same thing! I know some might disagree but i'm very happy it's a saturday game...gives me sometime to "pre-game" instead of being stuck at work all day!

I was prepared and took all Dec Friday's off so I was ready either way. I don't like the 1:30 kick off as I need to drive up Saturday and don't like getting up at 6am on weekends, that cuts into my "pre-game" preparations.

bisonmike2
12-12-2011, 07:15 PM
They don't count the band (non-paying attendee's) and some others who get in free so getting above 18,500 is going to be a challenge. I say it beats last week but not by more than 100, maybe 200.

I was in section 19 this week so couldn't see the student section, was it full? Last week I was in section 2 and the top 1/4 of the student section was pretty thin.

Stupid free loading band members. Serious question though. I was at the game that broke the record versus SDSU. I swear the band was there then, so how did we set the record on that game?

CAS4127
12-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Stupid free loading band members. Serious question though. I was at the game that broke the record versus SDSU. I swear the band was there then, so how did we set the record on that game?

Total attendance v. paid attendance.

90 BISON
12-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Got my student ticket right away at 8am, there was probably 15-20 people already in line. I can't wait until SATURDAY!!!

Me neither for two reasons finals are over and it's gameday!

HoopsBison
12-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Just got back from the ticket office with ticket in hand!:biggrin:

They had 4 lines going all of them were to the door.

Also just wanted to say be patient with the people at the ticket counters, they have been way busy and are putting in a lot of hours they usually don't, some are even students volunteering their time. I only say that because one guy was being kind of rude.

Oh yeah Go Bison!

Tatanka
12-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Hopefully our wish over the past few years is coming true: that a Bison football ticket is the hot item to have in town.

++

Count on it. When this MoFo sells out on Wednesday morning (if there are truly going to be 500 or fewer season seats available it won't take long), or I suppose technically when the GaSo unused tickets are returned, there will be a crapton of folks that want tickets with no way to get in the door. Then if I'm the ticket office, I get them on a list for 2012 Season Tickets with the explanation that if they got season tickets they would have first crack at playoff tickets... Then shit gets real.

Gully
12-12-2011, 07:44 PM
++

Count on it. When this MoFo sells out on Wednesday morning (if there are truly going to be 500 or fewer season seats available it won't take long), or I suppose technically when the GaSo unused tickets are returned, there will be a crapton of folks that want tickets with no way to get in the door. Then if I'm the ticket office, I get them on a list for 2012 Season Tickets with the explanation that if they got season tickets they would have first crack at playoff tickets... Then shit gets real.

See my signature....just sayin'!

TbonZach
12-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Stupid free loading band members.

No kidding! They even get PAID* to be there!

*Usually, defending of funding

TbonZach
12-12-2011, 08:14 PM

Count on it. When this MoFo sells out....there will be a crapton of folks that want tickets with no way to get in the door. Then if I'm the ticket office, I get them on a list for 2012 Season Tickets with the explanation that if they got season tickets they would have first crack at playoff tickets... Then shit gets real.

I know one thing is for sure - I'm definitely getting season tickets for next year. [yes, this is my last year in the band. shut up]

56BISON73
12-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Picked mine up.

GOB1SON
12-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Picked mine up.

Don't you live in Arkansas? You are in Fargo more than I am and I live here. :biggrin:

Trim
12-12-2011, 08:57 PM

Are they selling SRO's or are those gone too? I need one...

Tatanka
12-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Are they selling SRO's or are those gone too? I need one... They haven't dipped into the SROs yet to my knowledge. My guess is once all the Student tickets are gone they will. Probably Friday.

Bisonfan1
12-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Don't you live in Arkansas? You are in Fargo more than I am and I live here. :biggrin:

Ran him and his SAUSAGE out on a rail :D

56BISON73
12-12-2011, 09:35 PM

I havent left since the 1st playoff game. Another week and I can claim residency.:)

tjbison
12-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Just picked mine up and asked if I can get anything and they said no, only chance is Wednesday at 8am if there are any returned

BlueBisonRock
12-12-2011, 10:36 PM
I havent left since the 1st playoff game. Another week and I can claim residency.:)

Residency requires a residence. That tent at the Occupy site does not make the residency cut. Sorry! ;)

RadBison
12-13-2011, 04:23 AM

Does that explain the Arkansas plates I've seen in the West lot the past few Saturdays?

56BISON73
12-13-2011, 04:51 AM
If they are attached to a ford expedition yes. Stop in and say HI!

RadBison
12-13-2011, 05:03 AM
If they are attached to a ford expedition yes. Stop in and say HI!

Yep, that's the one. If we tailgate Saturday I'll try. After surviving the wind before the JMU game I can't imagine not making it this week. Who'd have thought, 3 weeks of relatively good tailgate weather in December in Fargo?!

Trim
12-13-2011, 05:55 AM
They haven't dipped into the SROs yet to my knowledge. My guess is once all the Student tickets are gone they will. Probably Friday.

I think you are correct. The ticket guy didn't seem totally sure himself, but thought it would be later in the week.

grizlandbisonfan
12-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Leftover season tickets didn't last long. I got myself a pair in Sec. 29 but the website showed everything reserved was sold out by 8:10.

tony
12-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Leftover season tickets didn't last long. I got myself a pair in Sec. 29 but the website showed everything reserved was sold out by 8:10.

You could order on the web today?

grizlandbisonfan
12-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Yep, tickets for my daughter and I will be waiting at will call. I ordered online while sitting in my hotel in Texas this morning. Hopefully I'll be forced to come back to Texas in a couple of weeks.

bisonsupporter
12-14-2011, 01:32 PM
i just got the seating screen to come up. All that would come up in the information page.

BisonBabe
12-14-2011, 01:33 PM
my screen spooled for 10 minutes then all tickets were sold out....ugh...really needed 2 more tickets...anyone have any they want to sell?

BisonAccountant44
12-14-2011, 01:33 PM
I got lucky and picked up a pair in section 1. I had one tab searching in each ticket group along with the ticket office on redial, and only got through on the sideline reserved. Could only get the answering machine or busy signal on the phone.

westnodak93bison
12-14-2011, 01:39 PM
I've been calling continuously for 38 minutes with nothing but a busy signal. Trying to get 4 more tickets for some friends.

bisonsupporter
12-14-2011, 01:41 PM
i have 2 empty seats next to me so I tried to get those two tickets.

HandoEX
12-14-2011, 01:51 PM
A buddy called on 4 tickets that were posted on Craigslist for $100 PER TICKET this morning and they were already sold. Wow, this is crazy!!!

westnodak93bison
12-14-2011, 01:54 PM
A buddy called on 4 tickets that were posted on Craigslist for $100 PER TICKET this morning and they were already sold. Wow, this is crazy!!!

Scalped tickets? Is that legal in ND?

344Johnson
12-14-2011, 01:56 PM
Great to see the state so excited that people on Bisonville are having trouble getting tickets! Demand is high!

Bison"FANatic"
12-14-2011, 01:56 PM

delivery charge :biggrin:

Leonardite
12-14-2011, 01:57 PM

Yes. (10 char)

Tatanka
12-14-2011, 01:57 PM
If I'm the ticket office I start getting people on a list for 2012 Season Tickets.

Civil06
12-14-2011, 01:58 PM

The tickets go for $25, but they each come in their own $75 keepsake envelope.

MNLonghorn10
12-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Bandwagoners...funny this wasnt a problem in 09

westnodak93bison
12-14-2011, 02:05 PM

Hopefully some of the "bandwagoners" turn into season ticket holders. I think it is great that this is a very very hot ticket.
It can only help for next year's attendance especially if we continue to win. Go Bison!

cbline
12-14-2011, 02:31 PM

Reminds me of the 1987 World Series. Guy outside the Metrodome was selling $100 t-shirts, which included a complimentary ticket. Needless to say, the police shut him down.

MNLonghorn10
12-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Hopefully some of the "bandwagoners" turn into season ticket holders. I think it is great that this is a very very hot ticket.
It can only help for next year's attendance especially if we continue to win. Go Bison!

woohoooo yea even this year durin mvc play tix were easy to get. "better get my ticket..havent been to a game all year but everyones talkin about it soo"

Wally
12-14-2011, 02:37 PM
If I'm the ticket office I start getting people on a list for 2012 Season Tickets.

This. I thought this would have been a great time to reel in some new season ticket holders. They could have taken orders for next year and give those new season ticket holders priority in buying playoff tix over the general public

Bison03
12-14-2011, 02:46 PM
It says additional tickets may be available for purchase Thursday morning. I am guessing they are still saving tickets for students to buy and they will release the rest. Any word on if they are keeping the dorms open this weekend for them? My prediction is that the student sections seats will sell out in under 30 minutes tomorrow and that standing room tickets will be available and subsequently be SOLD OUT by the end of the day tomorrow. If this happens, Hello 19,000+ for Saturday!!

Tatanka
12-14-2011, 02:53 PM
This. I thought this would have been a great time to reel in some new season ticket holders. They could have taken orders for next year and give those new season ticket holders priority in buying playoff tix over the general public

This. Problem is the gen pop might get even more confused.

I suspect the Athletic Department is taking notes on how to improve this process for next year...and that's not a referendum on their performance this year. They're doing fine, just perhaps haven't yet stumbled on the ways to make things easier on themselves for next time, or ways to maximize current and future revenue.

Most of the kids behind the ticket windows deserve purple hearts for some of the dumbassery they're having to deal with. Went to pick my tickets up last night and got to see first hand how dumb people can be. I was embarrassed for the kids to have to deal with that. :facepalm:

MNLonghorn10
12-14-2011, 03:03 PM
This. Problem is the gen pop might get even more confused.

I suspect the Athletic Department is taking notes on how to improve this process for next year...and that's not a referendum on their performance this year. They're doing fine, just perhaps haven't yet stumbled on the ways to make things easier on themselves for next time, or ways to maximize current and future revenue.

Most of the kids behind the ticket windows deserve purple hearts for some of the dumbassery they're having to deal with. Went to pick my tickets up last night and got to see first hand how dumb people can be. I was embarrassed for the kids to have to deal with that. :facepalm:
cut that dumbass some slack...its probabaly their first game this year

WYOBISONMAN
12-14-2011, 03:03 PM

I would hope that this is an opportunity to grow the fan base. I would doubt that anyone working in Bison Athletics has a problem with the "Bandwagoners". That is how the base of support for the program grows and expands.

Tatanka
12-14-2011, 03:07 PM
cut that dumbass some slack...its probabaly their first game this year

Possible, although they were passing themselves off to be a big shot TM with long-standing season tickets. Kids handled it great by the way.

Tatanka
12-14-2011, 03:15 PM
The store Mrs. Tatanka and I own have purchased extra GA tickets for each of the playoff games for promotional giveaways... Demand has been pretty solid even among our target demographic (which probably doesn't intersect well with this board). This morning we announced another drawing, and have been blown away by the response.

It would be a damn shame if NDSU wasn't able to capitalize on this and sustain it for next year, or for other sports...

Gully
12-14-2011, 03:17 PM
You could order on the web today?

Only via ESPN3. But if you don't have it I hear there is a workaround.

Bison03
12-14-2011, 03:17 PM
I don't think you need to hardcore push the importance of season tickets when people are in line. I think after now the 3rd playoff game in a row, most realize the importance and convenience of having them. Plus, I think that if you have purchased a ticket at all this season that the ticket office automatically sends you a packet in the spring about purchasing season tickets for the upcoming year.

TransAmBison
12-14-2011, 03:18 PM
The store Mrs. Tatanka and I own have purchased extra GA tickets for each of the playoff games for promotional giveaways... Demand has been pretty solid even among our target demographic (which probably doesn't intersect well with this board). This morning we announced another drawing, and have been blown away by the response.

It would be a damn shame if NDSU wasn't able to capitalize on this and sustain it for next year, or for other sports...Fantasies customers wouldn't intersect well with us?

Gully
12-14-2011, 03:21 PM
NostraGully predicted this a few years ago...hence the "get your tickets now" sig. Yes, I'm proud :)

westnodak93bison
12-14-2011, 03:31 PM
My group just scored 4 more general admission tix!

MNLonghorn10
12-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Fantasies customers wouldn't intersect well with us?
thought he owned pleasureland?

BISONBRI53
12-14-2011, 04:49 PM

Its like selling beer at a keg. You buy the cup for $5 and the beer comes with it.

Herd Mentality
12-14-2011, 05:14 PM
NostraGully predicted this a few years ago...hence the "get your tickets now" sig. Yes, I'm proud :)

Any relation to NostraTuma?

imabison
12-14-2011, 05:21 PM
It says additional tickets may be available for purchase Thursday morning. I am guessing they are still saving tickets for students to buy and they will release the rest. Any word on if they are keeping the dorms open this weekend for them? My prediction is that the student sections seats will sell out in under 30 minutes tomorrow and that standing room tickets will be available and subsequently be SOLD OUT by the end of the day tomorrow. If this happens, Hello 19,000+ for Saturday!!

Isn't Thursday the day that GS would be returning their unsold tickets?? Possibly a few hundred.

BisonCountry
12-14-2011, 05:26 PM
Isn't Thursday the day that GS would be returning their unsold tickets?? Possibly a few hundred.
According to Goergen on the Jack Michaels show the GSU tickets will be returned tonight and on sale tomorrow at 8am.

Kermit
12-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Fantasies customers wouldn't intersect well with us?

It can't be Fantasies, Tatanka said the target demographic does NOT intersect well with this board.

Bisonate
12-14-2011, 05:50 PM
They should treat the playoffs like the NFL and MLB does: buy a ticket for every possible game that could be held here then either apply the money to next year's season tickets or reimburse the money if they don't make every game. That way the season ticket holders only have to order/pick-up their seats once and if they decide to apply the money to the next year the ticket office gets to make interest on the collected money.

BamaBison
12-14-2011, 06:30 PM
I agree bisonate thats a missed opportunity

Herd Mentality
12-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Give season ticket holders the first crack at extra playoff tickets for say 4 hours... I bet you'd see more people sign up real quick.

roper1313
12-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Give season ticket holders the first crack at extra playoff tickets for say 4 hours... I bet you'd see more people sign up real quick.

IMO, there is no way the ticket office or online sales site could keep up with this. I don't feel like it's a big deal giving season ticket holders around 55 hours to claim their seats. Althought I'd have no problem paying for playoff games in advaced and being credited for any games missed during the next season.

tony
12-14-2011, 07:45 PM
I think that they should dust off the "10,000 Strong" promotion this year - very good chance of exceeding that.

CAS4127
12-14-2011, 07:48 PM
IMO, there is no way the ticket office or online sales site could keep up with this. I don't feel like it's a big deal giving season ticket holders around 55 hours to claim their seats. Althought I'd have no problem paying for playoff games in advaced and being credited for any games missed during the next season.

You may not mean this the way I interpret it, but others have posted the same concept; that is, pay for the tickets in advance and get credit if need be. The only way that would work is if you pay for the tickets in advance and are mailed the tickets for each game, and you would then be responsible for selling your tickets if you didn't go to the game. If no PO game or games, then you would get credit for what you payed but not used. So, as a season ticket holder, would you rather have 55 hours to purchase your tickets, and, if you dont, have NDSU not only sell them but otherwise be financially responsible for them rather than you?

I take it the way it is!!

TateMosersneighbor
12-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Alabama doesn't do season tickets. Alabama has credits that are applied when you pay Alabama state Alabama tax on your Alabama license plates. The Alabama credits then get you an Alabama sweatshirt (sleeves optional) that allows you into the Alabama football game.

Alabama.

roper1313
12-14-2011, 07:51 PM
You may not mean this the way I interpret it, but others have posted the same concept; that is, pay for the tickets in advance and get credit if need be. The only way that would work is if you pay for the tickets in advance and are mailed the tickets for each game, and you would then be responsible for selling your tickets if you didn't go to the game. If no PO game or games, then you would get credit for what you payed but not used. So, as a season ticket holder, would you rather have 55 hours to purchase your tickets, and, if you dont, have NDSU not only sell them but otherwise be financially responsible for them rather than you?

I take it the way it is!!

I like it the way it is, but could deal with paying for the playoff games in advaced. I think butthockey still includes three first round WCHA tickets in their season tickets. They might be crediting a lot of accounts next year.

BisonPride72
12-14-2011, 08:35 PM
Alabama doesn't do season tickets. Alabama has credits that are applied when you pay Alabama state Alabama tax on your Alabama license plates. The Alabama credits then get you an Alabama sweatshirt (sleeves optional) that allows you into the Alabama football game.

Alabama.

For some reason this post reminds me of Super Troopers
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0903/alright-meow-super-troopers-demotivational-poster-1236654297.jpg

I bet you can't say Alabama ten times in one post.

NDSUstudent
12-14-2011, 08:47 PM
For some reason this post reminds me of Super Troopers
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0903/alright-meow-super-troopers-demotivational-poster-1236654297.jpg

I bet you can't say Alabama ten times in one post.

Well it has been done before...

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?26072-Greetings-from-a-Georgia-Southerner!&p=573630#post573630

Herd Mentality
12-14-2011, 08:51 PM

I think you misread... EXTRA seats. Meaning as a ticket holder I got my tickets I have now, but I'd have first crack to buy some more before all the poor people got to get their chance. It wouldn't be hard to set up online at all.

TransAmBison
12-14-2011, 09:00 PM
I think you misread... EXTRA seats. Meaning as a ticket holder I got my tickets I have now, but I'd have first crack to buy some more before all the poor people got to get their chance. It wouldn't be hard to set up online at all.First they would have to set up something online. Do not refer to what they have...that does not count as teh internets.

CAS4127
12-14-2011, 09:06 PM
I think you misread... EXTRA seats. Meaning as a ticket holder I got my tickets I have now, but I'd have first crack to buy some more before all the poor people got to get their chance. It wouldn't be hard to set up online at all.

Just guessing here, but you are either joking or you inherited any money or wealth you may have-->NO??!!

Herd Mentality
12-14-2011, 09:14 PM
How much for your women?

GOB1SON
12-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Just guessing here, but you are either joking or you inherited any money or wealth you may have-->NO??!!

He is joking. He is also very wealthy, but he is joking.

He was part of a class action lawsuit against Vandelay Industries over some sort of latex allergy and was awarded a big load. The settlement was huge.

That is why when you see him, he is usually buying drinks for girls 20 years younger than him.

CAS4127
12-14-2011, 09:25 PM
How much for your women?

Do you have enough money for a complete cosmetic makeover of yourself?! If so, you may want to spend your money there so that perhaps one woman might mistakenly become interested in you!!

BisonCountry
12-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Do you have enough money for a complete cosmetic makeover of yourself?! If so, you may want to spend your money there so that perhaps one woman might mistakenly become interested in you!!

If he paid anything for the 'cosmetic' work done on him last week, he paid way too much!

JustinTyem
12-14-2011, 10:45 PM
I really HOPE that the Wealthy/Poor comments are just a joke,cause I myself, am on the lower end of the totem pole when talking money.

56BISON73
12-14-2011, 11:36 PM
I think that they should dust off the "10,000 Strong" promotion this year - very good chance of exceeding that.

They already have people getting in line for next year.

NWNDBison
12-15-2011, 12:12 AM

MNLOnghorn10, I generally respect your comments on Bisonville, but don't be too quick to label.

I would dearly love to attend every Bison football game at home and away, but it's just not in the cards.

I live on a budget. It doesn't seem that most of the Bisonviller's active on this board are in that situation. I have limited time on weekends due to work and family commitments. I do manage to watch or listen to most Bison games online. But, believe me, I would rather BE THERE!

I went to the Valpo game. 1st DI game for the Bison. Yeah, in retrospect, we were set up. But it sure was a fun game to watch. Went to the first game of the next season, too. Don't remember who. Took my son in upper elementary to both games, along with a couple of his friends. They are true Bison fans to this day.

I thought I would be able to attend at least one Bison home game a year after that, but economic reality hits hard. You do what you gotta do. Does it make me a fair weather fan or a band wagoner because I had neither the time nor the money to support the Bison in person?

It's barely affordable for me to attend this game. But I really want to. And I can do it without breaking the bank. Granted, a couple of creditors will have to wait two weeks to get paid, but it will work out. I believe the Bison will be in the playoffs regularly for the foreseeable future. But, hey, I'm 61. If the Bison should happen to go another 20 years before making the playoffs again, I may not be here to cheer them on.

My son is 19 now, living at home. After the game on Sat. I asked him if he and a couple of friends would accompany me to the semi-finals on Sat. Said, I need to know by Sun. son, when tickets are available. He didn't get back to me. I decided I really didn't want to go alone. I know, I should have half a dozen friends my age who are also Bison fans to ask. But i don't. (So, crucify me.)

On Monday my son said, I want it to be just you and me, Dad. We haven't had much quality time alone together, lately.

Now, how can you turn that down?

So, this morning, at 7:59 am, I started calling in. Called and called, non-stop until 8:17 when the gobison.com ticket website reverted from the generic tickets available dummy page to the "Additional tickets may be available Wednesday morning" window. (Later updated to "available Thursday morning."

I didn't have the luck of the guy from Texas who claimed he bought tickets online this morning from the comfort of his hotel room in TX. I admit. I'm jealous. I don't know how he did that. I tried and tried, but kept coming back to the generic "Tickets Available" splash screen with an embarrassing number of typos. 2010 season? Tickets available for Robert Morris? Am I on the wrong link? Can't find a better one, but I tried.

I would like to buy tickets online tomorrow morning from the comfort of my home. Can anyone tell me how to do that sucessfully? When do I start calling in? Obviously 7:59 is too late. Do they open phone lines early? Should I be starting at 7:50? Is it at 7:30 that folks get tickets online?

I expect the same level of frustration tomorrow morning when the GA Southern unused tickets are up for grabs and again on maybe Fri. morning when the uncalled for student tickets become available.

Does anyone know when standing room only tickets are available, how many they will sell and what the cost will be?

You can call me a procrastinator or a cynic, MNLonghorn10, but don't call me a band wagoner or a fair weather fan. Ain't true.

BisonCountry
12-15-2011, 12:22 AM
Good Luck NWNDBison! Another option is craigslist....

Tickets listed at:
Ticket Section (http://fargo.craigslist.org/tia/)

Example Listing Below:
2GA Tickets for Sale (http://fargo.craigslist.org/tix/2753677875.html)

X-Factor
12-15-2011, 12:37 AM
MNLOnghorn10, I generally respect your comments on Bisonville, but don't be too quick to label.

I would dearly love to attend every Bison football game at home and away, but it's just not in the cards.

I live on a budget. It doesn't seem that most of the Bisonviller's active on this board are in that situation. I have limited time on weekends due to work and family commitments. I do manage to watch or listen to most Bison games online. But, believe me, I would rather BE THERE!

I went to the Valpo game. 1st DI game for the Bison. Yeah, in retrospect, we were set up. But it sure was a fun game to watch. Went to the first game of the next season, too. Don't remember who. Took my son in upper elementary to both games, along with a couple of his friends. They are true Bison fans to this day.

I thought I would be able to attend at least one Bison home game a year after that, but economic reality hits hard. You do what you gotta do. Does it make me a fair weather fan or a band wagoner because I had neither the time nor the money to support the Bison in person?

It's barely affordable for me to attend this game. But I really want to. And I can do it without breaking the bank. Granted, a couple of creditors will have to wait two weeks to get paid, but it will work out. I believe the Bison will be in the playoffs regularly for the foreseeable future. But, hey, I'm 61. If the Bison should happen to go another 20 years before making the playoffs again, I may not be here to cheer them on.

My son is 19 now, living at home. After the game on Sat. I asked him if he and a couple of friends would accompany me to the semi-finals on Sat. Said, I need to know by Sun. son, when tickets are available. He didn't get back to me. I decided I really didn't want to go alone. I know, I should have half a dozen friends my age who are also Bison fans to ask. But i don't. (So, crucify me.)

On Monday my son said, I want it to be just you and me, Dad. We haven't had much quality time alone together, lately.

Now, how can you turn that down?

So, this morning, at 7:59 am, I started calling in. Called and called, non-stop until 8:17 when the gobison.com ticket website reverted from the generic tickets available dummy page to the "Additional tickets may be available Wednesday morning" window. (Later updated to "available Thursday morning."

I didn't have the luck of the guy from Texas who claimed he bought tickets online this morning from the comfort of his hotel room in TX. I admit. I'm jealous. I don't know how he did that. I tried and tried, but kept coming back to the generic "Tickets Available" splash screen with an embarrassing number of typos. 2010 season? Tickets available for Robert Morris? Am I on the wrong link? Can't find a better one, but I tried.

I would like to buy tickets online tomorrow morning from the comfort of my home. Can anyone tell me how to do that sucessfully? When do I start calling in? Obviously 7:59 is too late. Do they open phone lines early? Should I be starting at 7:50? Is it at 7:30 that folks get tickets online?

I expect the same level of frustration tomorrow morning when the GA Southern unused tickets are up for grabs and again on maybe Fri. morning when the uncalled for student tickets become available.

Does anyone know when standing room only tickets are available, how many they will sell and what the cost will be?

You can call me a procrastinator or a cynic, MNLonghorn10, but don't call me a band wagoner or a fair weather fan. Ain't true.

NWBison, you need for forget the damn phone. Go to gobison.com and already be at the ticket page at 8 O'clock and I mean not a second later. Refresh the page when 8 bells is shown on your computer clock (not your wall clock). You will get your 2 tickets.

NWNDBison
12-15-2011, 12:48 AM
You're right. I will forget the damn phone. Thanks for the tip. Will try this. Also have offers out on Craigs List, but I suppose they were snapped up.

Want to meet some of you folks at Tailgating.

MNLonghorn10
12-15-2011, 01:02 AM
lol. didnt think that little comment would piss someone off that much. good luck tomorrow

NWNDBison
12-15-2011, 01:06 AM
lol. didnt think that little comment would piss someone off that much. good luck tomorrow

Not pissed off, MNLonghorn10, just don't think you always understand reality. Welcome to the real world.

CAS4127
12-15-2011, 01:12 AM
NWND--if u don't get what u want, let me know. I will help, as well PL. U will get tickets.

KTF
12-15-2011, 01:54 AM
NWNDBison - Don't worry about silly comments by posters on here. I was told last year that I was not a "true" bison fan because I didn't tailgate before every home game. That pissed me off as I have never met any of the members here in person so how the hell do they know my dedication to the program. I travel from a distance and visit family when we are up, thus tailgating is not in the cards. I also am not a season ticket holder but watch all the games online and follow the team closely as I too have to live within my means.

At the game last week I sat in front of a teammaker, I knew more about the opposing team and our own team then he did... What's wrong with that picture??

Hang in there, there are many gracious guys on this board that will help you out.

Enjoy the game on saturday as I wished I could be there!! However I am hosting a watch party at my house for a few alumni friends of mine, oh that's right I am not a "true" bison fan... ARGH...

4mcruenomore
12-15-2011, 01:57 AM
I can't make the game either because I have to work, will be watching on tv!

MontBison
12-15-2011, 02:15 AM
I can't make the game either because I have to work, will be watching on tv!

The difference is we all know you arn't a true Bison fan.

56BISON73
12-15-2011, 02:35 AM
You're right. I will forget the damn phone. Thanks for the tip. Will try this. Also have offers out on Craigs List, but I suppose they were snapped up.

Want to meet some of you folks at Tailgating.

Ive got something figured out for you.

4mcruenomore
12-15-2011, 02:52 AM
The difference is we all know you arn't a true Bison fan.

That isn't very nice

BisonBabe
12-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Ive got something figured out for you.

You are great at doing that PL .... see you Saturday

NWNDBison
12-15-2011, 01:18 PM
NWNDBison - Don't worry about silly comments by posters on here. I was told last year that I was not a "true" bison fan because I didn't tailgate before every home game. That pissed me off as I have never met any of the members here in person so how the hell do they know my dedication to the program. I travel from a distance and visit family when we are up, thus tailgating is not in the cards. I also am not a season ticket holder but watch all the games online and follow the team closely as I too have to live within my means.

At the game last week I sat in front of a teammaker, I knew more about the opposing team and our own team then he did... What's wrong with that picture??

Hang in there, there are many gracious guys on this board that will help you out.

Enjoy the game on saturday as I wished I could be there!! However I am hosting a watch party at my house for a few alumni friends of mine, oh that's right I am not a "true" bison fan... ARGH...

Oh, no, I don't let it bother me. I just thought I should inform a few people that last-minute ticket takers are not always just fair-weather fans.

Your right about the gracious guys on this board. 56Bison73 and HeckleroftheNorth were able to do some ticket-shifting to help me out. Looking forward to my first live Bison game in too many years. Hopefully there are many more to come.

Looking forward to meeting a lot of posters at Tailgating.

4mcruenomore
12-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Oh, no, I don't let it bother me. I just thought I should inform a few people that last-minute ticket takers are not always just fair-weather fans.

Your right about the gracious guys on this board. 56Bison73 and HeckleroftheNorth were able to do some ticket-shifting to help me out. Looking forward to my first live Bison game in too many years. Hopefully there are many more to come.

Looking forward to meeting a lot of posters at Tailgating.

Everyone on here is a class act in the west lot, seriously. You will have alot of fun!

GOB1SON
12-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Football

https://tkt.xosn.com/i/Schools/sm_356.jpg
VS
https://tkt.xosn.com/i/Schools/sm_260.jpg

NCAA FCS SEMIFINAL PLAYOFF

12/17/2011 1:30 PM
(Date and Time are Subject to Change)

SOLD OUT.

tony
12-15-2011, 02:01 PM
Well, the visiting team returned their unused tickets and they sold out in 9 minutes this morning. Which is cool. Unless you haven't gotten tickets yet (other than the plane tickets.) Student tickets get turned back tomorrow right? If that fails, I'll go through the tailgating lots. If that fails, Gastropub!

I'm beginning to feel like this guy:

http://www.alicia-logic.com/capsimages/a_090BillPaxton.jpg

bisonhp330
12-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Football

https://tkt.xosn.com/i/Schools/sm_356.jpg
VS
https://tkt.xosn.com/i/Schools/sm_260.jpg

NCAA FCS SEMIFINAL PLAYOFF

12/17/2011 1:30 PM
(Date and Time are Subject to Change)

SOLD OUT.

two things you will never see up north with the WHO- the red text above and this:
http://fargo.craigslist.org/search/sss?sort=date&query=bison&srchType=A
p (http://fargo.craigslist.org/search/sss?sort=date&query=bison&srchType=A)eople looking to pay good $$$ for tickets

GOB1SON
12-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Well, the visiting team returned their unused tickets and they sold out in 9 minutes this morning. Which is cool. Unless you haven't gotten tickets yet (other than the plane tickets.) Student tickets get turned back tomorrow right? If that fails, I'll go through the tailgating lots. If that fails, Gastropub!

Nobody has a ticket for Tony?

I don't have any extra's right now, but I am not done yet. How many do you need?

matt
12-15-2011, 02:21 PM

Hopefully you find a couple tickets for the game, we managed to get 4 GA tickets on sunday, though that was a lot busy signals and babysitting the computer. We're planning on going for dinner after the game. Let me know your plans.

tony
12-15-2011, 02:24 PM
Nobody has a ticket for Tony?

I don't have any extra's right now, but I am not done yet. How many do you need?

Well, technically, I'm OK. My buddy got four tickets (two sets of two) so him and his son, me and another buddy flying in from Seattle makes four, but my Dad is coming down too and I'd rather stick around him. Plus, there's the wife, sister-in-law, nieces, and the fact that maybe my buddy's son would like to have a friend go (I hate to impose on people and, one thing about North Dakotans that drives me crazy - it's impossible to get them to admit that you are imposing on them.)

If I get through, I'd probably order another four (if that fails two.)

TransAmBison
12-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Well, technically, I'm OK. My buddy got four tickets (two sets of two) so him and his son, me and another buddy flying in from Seattle makes four, but my Dad is coming down too and I'd rather stick around him. Plus, there's the wife, sister-in-law, nieces, and the fact that maybe my buddy's son would like to have a friend go (I hate to impose on people and, one thing about North Dakotans that drives me crazy - it's impossible to get them to admit that you are imposing on them.)

If I get through, I'd probably order another four (if that fails two.)
I've got no tickets to offer, but please stop by the Horny Bison Tailgate (south lot by the tree line...look for the Horny Bison flags) and meet the crew.

bisonmike2
12-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Good Luck NWNDBison! Another option is craigslist....

Tickets listed at:
Ticket Section (http://fargo.craigslist.org/tia/)

Example Listing Below:
2GA Tickets for Sale (http://fargo.craigslist.org/tix/2753677875.html)

Also check under the "Men seeking Men" section. You know, to find men who are willing to sell tickets to other men.

UTH
12-15-2011, 02:30 PM

I'm with you, man.

HerdBot
12-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Have we sold standing room tickets yet?
Are there any student tickets left?

TbonZach
12-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Have we sold standing room tickets yet?
Are there any student tickets left?

No. A limited amount will go on sale tomorrow at 8am. (per gobison.com)
Don't know. I would hope/imagine not.

tony
12-15-2011, 03:17 PM

It's too bad my old student ID won't fool anybody

http://www.gov.im/lib/images/mnh/archaeology/oghamStone.jpg

Soon after I graduated they replaced these with high-tech notched sticks.

HerdBot
12-15-2011, 04:35 PM

if student ticks remain i wonder if they will sell some of the unused student tickets? Even if they sell some it will help fill the empty spots. We dont want to show a national audience that our school colors are blue, green, and gold

TransAmBison
12-15-2011, 04:39 PM
I have not seen this kind of scramble for tickets for a Bison game before in the dome. I am hoping this intensity is indicative of the increase in crowd noise.

aces1180
12-15-2011, 04:42 PM
I have not seen this kind of scramble for tickets for a Bison game before in the dome. I am hoping this intensity is indicative of the increase in crowd noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnayvmyploE

Ross
12-15-2011, 04:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnayvmyploE

As much as I enjoy the Thunderstruck intro... this song would be pretty kick ass for the team intro!

Hammersmith
12-15-2011, 04:53 PM
I was one of the lucky ones to sneak in this morning. I had two computers open from about 7:55 onward. One never made it past the waiting room, but the other one got in and I grabbed 2 tickets at about 8:00:30. I honestly think there was only a window of a minute or two to get tickets. The other five minutes was just people filling out the info to finalize the order.

NDSU_grad
12-15-2011, 04:57 PM
So this morning was the unused GSU tickets, correct? And then tomorrow they'll release unused student tickets and hopefully start selling SRO?

Hammersmith
12-15-2011, 05:04 PM
So this morning was the unused GSU tickets, correct? And then tomorrow they'll release unused student tickets and hopefully start selling SRO?
Yep, they were all section 23. No end zone or GA were available. Student tickets appear to be gone. Only some SRO will be released tomorrow at 8am according to the ticket page.

NDSU_grad
12-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Yep, they were all section 23. No end zone or GA were available. Student tickets appear to be gone. Only some SRO will be released tomorrow at 8am according to the ticket page.
Wow. I wish I could make this one.

90 BISON
12-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Wow. I wish I could make this one.

I can confirm student tickets are SOLD OUT.

roper1313
12-15-2011, 06:57 PM

Way to go students!!

What a way to end the semester!

Strommer10
12-15-2011, 07:02 PM
As a student, that really surprises me. :eeek: Way to go! I know of multiple students that have bought their tickets and sold them to others that were able to make it to the game. Great effort this week!

Hammerhead
12-15-2011, 07:17 PM
The FFD should be rocking on Saturday! We've been holding on to our "fun budget" money hoping we could spend it going to Frisco instead of flying back home for a playoff game.

GOB1SON
12-15-2011, 07:23 PM
So was it ever resolved if you could scalp tickets in ND or not? There are some pretty outrageous prices for tickets on Craigslist:

"Parting with 2 general admission tickets available for Saturday's sold out game. $125 for the pair... I will let them go tonight."

"1 pair of reserved sideline tickets for sale. Tickets are $80 each. Section 22 Row KK...seats are on the aisle!!"

"selling 3 GA tickets to Bison Semifinal Playoff game! $300 total" (This one blew me away!!!)

"2 general admission tickets $120 cash for the pair"

Just wondering. I am a firm believer in capitalism, but holy crap.

HooliganBison
12-15-2011, 07:24 PM
So was it ever resolved if you could scalp tickets in ND or not? There are some pretty outrageous prices for tickets on Craigslist:

"Parting with 2 general admission tickets available for Saturday's sold out game. $125 for the pair... I will let them go tonight."

"1 pair of reserved sideline tickets for sale. Tickets are $80 each. Section 22 Row KK...seats are on the aisle!!"

"selling 3 GA tickets to Bison Semifinal Playoff game! $300 total" (This one blew me away!!!)

If I didn't have tickets I would stay at home instead of paying those prices.

Strommer10
12-15-2011, 07:26 PM

If they get someone to actually buy them, more power to them. That is absolutely ridiculous.

Herd Mentality
12-15-2011, 07:39 PM
It is perfectly legal to scalp in ND.

Civil06
12-15-2011, 07:41 PM
It is perfectly legal to scalp in ND.

Than why did Custer have to ride a horse all the way to Montana?

BisonBabe
12-15-2011, 07:52 PM
I for one would not pay the prices that most of the people on Craigslist are asking. I would rather stay home/go to a bar to watch then pay $100 for a GA ticket....that is a huge mark-up....and it pisses me off that people bought tickets just to try and make money. I hope they end up eating the tickets...

HandoEX
12-15-2011, 07:57 PM
I for one would not pay the prices that most of the people on Craigslist are asking. I would rather stay home/go to a bar to watch then pay $100 for a GA ticket....that is a huge mark-up....and it pisses me off that people bought tickets just to try and make money. I hope they end up eating the tickets...
If no one wants to buy the tickets for $100, the prices will drop. I bet someone will pay that though. It's not like anyone is being forced to buy them. If I didn't have tickets and had no other option, I'd pay $100. I've paid more than that to see much more meanlingless games before.

Strommer10
12-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Or go to the game...

roadwarrior
12-15-2011, 07:59 PM
$100 isnt so bad. I probably spent $1000 to see the EWU game last year.

tjbison
12-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Just hope those trying to sell also intend to go to the game if they cant sell, I assume most listened to Jack Micheals yesterday about selling tickets for profit to fund a trip to Frisco, people are probably just seeing if they can make a buck.

GOB1SON
12-15-2011, 08:11 PM
$100 isnt so bad. I probably spent $1000 to see the EWU game last year.

Does that include your bar tab? If so, then $100 on Saturday is a good start...

BamaBison
12-15-2011, 08:12 PM
http://www.stubhub.com/north-dakota-state-bison-football-tickets/north-dakota-state-vs-georgia-southern-12-17-2011-3887701/

i posted this is another thread, but why cant people on craigslist use this instead?

Tatanka
12-15-2011, 08:13 PM
http://www.stubhub.com/north-dakota-state-bison-football-tickets/north-dakota-state-vs-georgia-southern-12-17-2011-3887701/

i posted this is another thread, but why cant people on craigslist use this instead?

(1) Why pay the fees?
(2) The game is Saturday.
(3) See (1)

HandoEX
12-15-2011, 08:20 PM

Because stubhub SUCKS? Why would anyone want to use a pay-per-sale site when they can post and buy for free?

56BISON73
12-15-2011, 08:21 PM
(1) Why pay the fees?
(2) The game is Saturday.
(3) See (1)

They get fees from buyer and seller. BOO

bisonmike2
12-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Hang out in the tailgating lot prior to game.

Get drunk with someone who has tickets.

Steal tickets from passed out person

Profit???

BlueBisonRock
12-15-2011, 08:23 PM

Checked it and found:

We are currently experiencing a technical problem.
We are currently experiencing a technical problem. We'll have everything back up and running as quickly as possible, so please check back soon.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve Stubhub!

For up to date status, go to status.stubhub.com

© 2000 - 2009 StubHub, Inc. All rights reserved.

thundarsdaddy
12-15-2011, 08:30 PM

Just wondering. I am a firm believer in CAPITALISM, but holy crap.

In Socialism, if you have 2 cows, you give one to your neighbor, thats Socialism!

In Communism, if you have 2 cows, you give them to the gov't, then the gov't gives you some milk, thats Communism!

In New Dealism(from FDR's era), if you have 2 cows, you shoot one, then milk the other, then pour the milk down the drain, thats New Dealism!

In Nazism, if you have 2 cows, the gov't shoots you and keeps the cows, thats Nazism!!

But in CAPITALISM, if you have 2 cows, you sell one, then you buy a BULL!

MNLonghorn10
12-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Because stubhub SUCKS? Why would anyone want to use a pay-per-sale site when they can post and buy for free?

our frisco, 2011 gopher game, 2010 kansas and 2009 iowa state were all purchased via stub hub..hater

56BISON73
12-15-2011, 09:05 PM
our frisco, 2011 gopher game, 2010 kansas and 2009 iowa state were all purchased via stub hub..hater

Why didnt you just call Pizza Hut Park and buy direct? 50 and 55 dollar tickets are only 40.00 if you buy a block of 10 or more. OH and NO FEES.

MNLonghorn10
12-15-2011, 09:06 PM
because we need our front row seats, and they were only like 60 bucks.

BlueBisonRock
12-15-2011, 09:11 PM
because we need our front row seats, and they were only like 60 bucks.

Buttthen some of you get arrested for standing on the lip! (Or was that for giving lip, I am never quite sure)

MNLonghorn10
12-15-2011, 09:14 PM
they dont give a shit in texas.

1998braves64
12-16-2011, 01:13 AM
I was able to get past the waiting room at about 8:06 and all the tickets were gone by then. So there must not have been many left.

BisonBabe
12-16-2011, 08:43 AM
I was able to get past the waiting room at about 8:06 and all the tickets were gone by then. So there must not have been many left.

tickets were at a premium for this game...everyone wants to be at the game....there are tickets for sale on Craigslist if you are willing to pay what they are asking otherwise some SRO will open this morning but I am betting that will go just as fast.

1998braves64
12-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Yeah I figured it would sell out just not in 2 hours as previous two weeks seem to be an abundance of tickets through the week, can't imagine if they had a home national championship game the pandemonium that would ensue. Thankfully my wife and I are season ticket holders so we do have tickets for ourselves, I'm just trying to help out a buddy get a ticket as he has no way to buy online (no credit card) or really stand in line at the ticket office (has to travel by bus while it is possible he also does have to work...) next time, I will do it differently. And he cannot afford the unreasonable prices the people are putting up on Craigslist... I would have a hard time justifying that in my own rights.

HooliganBison
12-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Who needs tickets? I have the option to buy 2 sets of 2 for the next 8 minutes.

1998braves64
12-16-2011, 01:09 PM
We got our one... thanks everyone!

aces1180
12-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Just out of curiosity, I tried to buy 1 SRO ticket a minute ago...They can't fulfill my request!

This is insane and I can't wait to be a part of it!

Hail!

GSU204
12-16-2011, 01:19 PM
I got my 2 through a GSU football player, and at the last minute his dad and brother decided to make the 22 hour drive to us play. So I just bought 2 SRO to give them our reserved tickets. I was refreshing every few seconds before 8. Will we be able to see the game using a SRO ticket?

No_Skill
12-16-2011, 01:23 PM
I got my 2 through a GSU football player, and at the last minute his dad and brother decided to make the 22 hour drive to us play. So I just bought 2 SRO to give them our reserved tickets. I was refreshing every few seconds before 8. Will we be able to see the game using a SRO ticket?

Yeah, but they are obstructed view. You can always watch the video boards if you have to.

Edit: look at the picture in my sig. The sro seats are in the corners so the big green support columns will be in the way.

NDSUBisonFreak
12-16-2011, 01:24 PM
I was on right at 8 bells and was able to snag 1 sideline reserved....SCORE.......tried again a few minutes later and got nothing. The dome is gonna be Rockin!

56BISON73
12-16-2011, 01:39 PM
We got our one... thanks everyone!

So glad to hear that!!!!!

Bison"FANatic"
12-16-2011, 01:42 PM

You will probably be able to sit in the lower part of 16 with the other GSU fans. I don't think those tickets are returned even if they are unsold only section 23 seems to be returned. I might be wrong though.

tony
12-16-2011, 01:49 PM

a) You'll be fine - there's open spaces in each corner and lots of video boards. b) That was a nice thing to do.

Civil06
12-16-2011, 01:55 PM
You will probably be able to sit in the lower part of 16 with the other GSU fans. I don't think those tickets are returned even if they are unsold only section 23 seems to be returned. I might be wrong though.

^^^This. If you're wearing GSU gear and there are open seats in the lower part of Section 16, I don't think there would be a problem sitting there as long as you don't mind being surrounded by the student section. Should be a fantastic atmosphere and those would be really good seats.

GSU204
12-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the help, guys. Hopefully I can snag two more with the GSU faithful and can just sell these outside the dome for what I paid for them. Leaving for Fargo in a couple hours, best of luck to both of us, and here's to no injuries. Hail Southern!

MNLonghorn10
12-16-2011, 02:33 PM
Its snowing in fargo..safe travels

imabison
12-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the help, guys. Hopefully I can snag two more with the GSU faithful and can just sell these outside the dome for what I paid for them. Leaving for Fargo in a couple hours, best of luck to both of us, and here's to no injuries. Hail Southern!

Yes you are allowed to sell tickets outside the building, not sure about inside the lobby. No scalping laws in ND.

imabison
12-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Its snowing in fargo..safe travels

You mean I may have to clear my sidewalk for the first time this year!!!!!! Thundar is shaking the clouds!!!!

Bison03
12-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Anyone know how many standing room tickets were sold? I thought I remembered seeing one time that they could sell 250 in each corner. If that is true, a sellout now would have 19,700 people!! Wow, that could make things loud.

Hammerhead
12-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Here's another view of what the corners look like.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1316&d=1324052680

Civil06
12-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Yeah, but they are obstructed view. You can always watch the video boards if you have to.

Edit: look at the picture in my sig. The sro seats are in the corners so the big green support columns will be in the way.

Here's another pic of the SRO area. Each corner looks the same.

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics24/640/IR/IRJQPMBTOOOZRWP.20091009015033.jpg

1998braves64
12-16-2011, 05:50 PM
I wouldn't say the corners are obstructed view unless you cannot see over or around people that are already standing there, there is a pretty wide open space on each side to stand from the columns and not have an obstructed view. This morning my wife and I must have been on a lucky streak as we both were able to access the ability to reserve tickets at the exact same time!

HerdBot
12-16-2011, 05:51 PM
I wouldn't say the corners are obstructed view unless you cannot see over or around people that are already standing there, there is a pretty wide open space on each side to stand from the columns and not have an obstructed view. This morning my wife and I must have been on a lucky streak as we both were able to access the ability to reserve tickets at the exact same time!

You just need to get there early and hope when you need to take a piss, nobody steals your spot. Highly unlikely.

BisonBabe
12-16-2011, 05:54 PM
My kids will be inline at 11am along with a couple of friends so that they can get good seating in the GA....last week the line was already forming 2 hours before kick off so 30 minutes earlier this time...

NWNDBison
12-17-2011, 03:24 AM
Don't know if this is a scam or not. Judge for yourself.

When I was desperate for tickets I made a couple of contacts on Craig's List. Got this reply back tonight:

"Bill Neuhauser P.E." <billneu@arvig.net>

You still looking for tickets? I'll let them go for
$75/ticket
They are in Moorhead and can be pickup prior to 11am.

Follow up at your own risk.

Of course, if he really has tickets, they may be $50 at the Dome after 11 and quite possibly $25 or less by game time.

4mcruenomore
12-17-2011, 03:29 AM
Don't know if this is a scam or not. Judge for yourself.

When I was desperate for tickets I made a couple of contacts on Craig's List. Got this reply back tonight:

"Bill Neuhauser P.E." <billneu@arvig.net>

You still looking for tickets? I'll let them go for
$75/ticket
They are in Moorhead and can be pickup prior to 11pm AT THE IBEAM

Follow up at your own risk.

I will pass

17>1
12-17-2011, 07:15 AM
Yes you are allowed to sell tickets outside the building, not sure about inside the lobby. No scalping laws in ND.
I've sold plenty of tickets inside the lobby of the FFD and never once been harrassed by anyone for doing so. I'm selling them for less than face value most of the time so I wouldn't consider it scalping. For the SDSU game last year, I walked right up to the ticket line and asked some Rabbit fans if they needed tickets and they jumped out of line and bought mine. Sold my 2 extra 50 yard line seats for last weeks game for $30 total.