PDA

View Full Version : Noise may be a factor

cracker
12-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Watching a replay of the Georgia Southern-Maine game. GSU had at least three false starts in the first half alone.
Be loud Bsion fans! Be the difference!

oldfart
12-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Watching a replay of the Georgia Southern-Maine game. GSU had at least three false starts in the first half alone.
Be loud Bsion fans! Be the difference!

Doubt you'll be louder than Alabama

A1pigskin
12-11-2011, 01:18 PM
We all need to do our part to be loud. Clap, yell, whistle, scream, kick your feet, or whatever. Just keep up the good work Bison fans.

unbison
12-11-2011, 06:03 PM
no your right but i bet we beat you just the same old fool

CaBisonFan
12-11-2011, 06:05 PM

Oh for God's sake...what was the other team that you lost to? Bragging about losses are we? We don't brag about losses. There are no moral victories here.

Are we going to have this weak conversation for the next 6 days? Please say 'no.' zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

344Johnson
12-11-2011, 06:06 PM

We might be pretty dang close...Alabama's fans cared about that game even less than the coaches and players. Can't imagine they were even remotely excited about seeing an FCS on their schedule.

tjamz
12-11-2011, 06:09 PM

They play outdoors....the noise has a chance to escape. We play indoors. I'm willing to take that bet.

ndsubison1
12-11-2011, 06:17 PM

doubt Alabama cared much about Georgia Southern. every team says this when we play them.... uni played iowa state. jmu when they played Virginia tech. well both teams lost to us

Gully
12-11-2011, 06:19 PM

don't you mean "doubt ya'll by louder"?

Bison56
12-11-2011, 07:01 PM

:facepalm:

Really thats your argument?

CAS4127
12-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Depending the type of option they run, they may have a "check with me" system that requires the QB to call the direction of the play at the LOS. Being loud can have major effect on that. Also, some option teams will snap the ball on the first sound mada by the QB. Noise can effect that big time.

Strommer10
12-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Depending the type of option they run, they may have a "check with me" system that requires the QB to call the direction of the play at the LOS. Being loud can have major effect on that. Also, some option teams will snap the ball on the first sound mada by the QB. Noise can effect that big time.
My group and however many other students that are there will do our part. :biggrin:

bisonmike2
12-11-2011, 08:49 PM
:facepalm:

Really thats your argument?
Yep, they all say it. Doesn't matter what you ask them the answer is always Alabama.

Who's your best defensive player?
Alabama.

How many seniors on your team?
Alabama.

Why does you fan base have 10 teeth total?
Alabama.

westnodak93bison
12-11-2011, 08:51 PM

In all seriousness I wonder if Alabama even prepared for GSU with Auburn up next.

heckler
12-11-2011, 08:52 PM
I can't wait for Saturday and hear "The Battle Hymn of the Republic." the south will not rise on Saturday.

BadlandsBison
12-11-2011, 08:56 PM
I mentioned this elsewhere, but it looks like they run exclusively off cadence. The running backs all start leaning forward towards the end of the cadence. If this is the case, the crowd could really be a factor.

Loud and Proud Bison fan
12-11-2011, 09:00 PM
I laugh at all their comments about 'bama this, bama that. How can they even bring that up. They were the ones that backed out of playing us the first time this year. Then play 'bama.. and beg the NCAA selction commitee not to count that game against them when they do seedings for the playoffs. For some reason the NCAA agreed. So basically it is like the game never even happened. Enough with Alabama this and that!

Bisonguy
12-11-2011, 09:45 PM
ButBama.....

oldfart
12-11-2011, 10:08 PM
We also lost to App State in a rivalry game at their place in a game we didn't play well. They were ranked #5 at the time, they werent unranked like your Fcs loss. You had better thank the NCAA every day that y'all didn't have to come back to Statesboro. We got hosed so we're coming with a chip on our shoulder.

BisBison
12-11-2011, 10:11 PM
We also lost to App State in a rivalry game at their place in a game we didn't play well. They were ranked #5 at the time, they werent unranked like your Fcs loss. You had better thank the NCAA every day that y'all didn't have to come back to Statesboro. We got hosed so we're coming with a chip on our shoulder.

You got hosed? You got hosed? BULLS*&T. You could have honored your contract and come up here in September. Had you beaten us then we'd probably be traveling your way to beat you in your house again. Thank your AD for chickening out and buying out your contract.

Gully
12-11-2011, 10:11 PM

Statesboro is "our house" if I remember correctly.

BisonFan02
12-11-2011, 10:12 PM
I mentioned this elsewhere, but it looks like they run exclusively off cadence. The running backs all start leaning forward towards the end of the cadence. If this is the case, the crowd could really be a factor.

This. With the TO offense, timing is extremely important and any interuption really causes problems in the backfield (often leading to turnovers).

Hammerhead
12-11-2011, 10:23 PM
NDSU is 1-0 in Statesboro. If you want to host more playoff games, get more D-1 wins next year. :p

bisonhp330
12-11-2011, 10:33 PM

obviously this guy is their lakes....much like that, im sure his own people got sick of him being an idiot so he came over here

oldfart
12-11-2011, 10:37 PM
NDSU is 1-0 in Statesboro. If you want to host more playoff games, get more D-1 wins next year. :p

1-0 against the worst gsu team ever. You must be proud. This ain't the 2006 gsu team...at all.

westriver bison
12-11-2011, 10:39 PM
1-0 against the worst gsu team ever. You must be proud. This ain't the 2006 gsu team...at all.

Many teams say that about their teams after we beat them. Yes we are proud.

oldfart
12-11-2011, 10:40 PM
You got hosed? You got hosed? BULLS*&T. You could have honored your contract and come up here in September. Had you beaten us then we'd probably be traveling your way to beat you in your house again. Thank your AD for chickening out and buying out your contract.

I'll agree that our ad is inept, he forgot to bid on a playoff game last year. However I do agree with his decision to not play the return game because no one wants to travel to that s#%* hole y'all live in up there.

BisBison
12-11-2011, 10:50 PM
Nobody reply to this dips#!t. If this is the best he can do your intelligence will go down just having a discussion with him.

oldfart
12-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Nobody reply to this dips#!t. If this is the best he can do your intelligence will go down just having a discussion with him.

Truth hurts

56BISON73
12-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Truth hurts

You didnt come here to talk football. You came here to be an asshole.

MNLonghorn10
12-11-2011, 11:02 PM
fargos a shithole, but statesboro is the barnesville of the south.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/156/420257603_79d154d9ae.jpg

bwahhaha.

oh yea, bama.

did i mention north dakota could probably buy the entire state of georgia if it wanted to? pooooooooor rednecks

bisoneer
12-11-2011, 11:27 PM
Very loud last game again vs. Lehigh. Our sections (ours and adjacent ones) now automatically stand up and make noise when the opponent is in a 3rd down situation. In fact the last game (Mtn. Hawks) we had a guy a few rows down that stood up for most downs incl. 1st and 2nd and nobody yelled at him to sitdown. Fun times really. We need to take better care of the ball and continue the tough D, bend but dont break theory. GO HERD, we are all very proud of the players and coaches and our fans!

tjbison
12-11-2011, 11:43 PM
I'll agree that our ad is inept, he forgot to bid on a playoff game last year. However I do agree with his decision to not play the return game because no one wants to travel to that s#%* hole y'all live in up there.

ok fine obviously all you want to do is try and make fun of us, but did you AD seriously forget to bid on a playoff game??

For the record I drove thru Statesboro once and what the hell is so special about that place that you can call our place a shithole??

Anyway good luck

oldfart
12-12-2011, 12:35 AM
ok fine obviously all you want to do is try and make fun of us, but did you AD seriously forget to bid on a playoff game??

For the record I drove thru Statesboro once and what the hell is so special about that place that you can call our place a shithole??

Anyway good luck

I apologize. Lost my temper with a couple of your posters. Particularly the thread about our defense where I tried to seriously answer a question y'all posed and got lit up. Again I apologize. I'm sure North Dakota is nice.

BlueBisonRock
12-12-2011, 12:45 AM
I apologize. Lost my temper with a couple of your posters. Particularly the thread about our defense where I tried to seriously answer a question y'all posed and got lit up. Again I apologize. I'm sure North Dakota is nice.

Accepted. Bisonville has had an extreme number of trolls this season beginning before the Gopher game. Your attempt at some team to team bantering likely touched a nerve or three.

DjKyRo
12-12-2011, 01:51 AM

And the GSU trolls finally show themselves. Suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

UNI thought they should've been higher-seeded too, and look how that went.

CAS4127
12-12-2011, 01:55 AM
Y does "buttBama" keep popping into my head as a catch phrase for the week. They won't have clue what we getting at.

oldfart
12-12-2011, 01:56 AM

Anyway good luck

Yes he did fail to make a bid last year for the game with Wofford. Blamed it on a staff member having amily medical trouble, etc. No way I can defend him on that one.

Wally
12-12-2011, 01:57 AM
Y does "buttBama" keep popping into my head as a catch phrase for the week. They won't have clue what we getting at.

I hear butTripleOption as well

DjKyRo
12-12-2011, 01:58 AM
I hear butTripleOption as well

JMU said they'd run all over us too. Obviously GSU > JMU but goes to show how much pre-game bluster means on game day.

56BISON73
12-12-2011, 03:13 AM
JMU said they'd run all over us too. Obviously GSU > JMU but goes to show how much pre-game bluster means on game day.

Must keep in mind that the bluster come from the fans, Not the people who are actually playing the game.

IBleedYellow
12-12-2011, 03:18 AM
My intelligence dropped just reading this asshat's posts. Someone give me someone sane to talk to. PLEASE!

MAKBison
12-12-2011, 04:26 AM

Right there with you :rofl:

JustinTyem
12-12-2011, 07:00 AM
I mentioned this elsewhere, but it looks like they run exclusively off cadence. The running backs all start leaning forward towards the end of the cadence. If this is the case, the crowd could really be a factor.I watched the GS/MA game from saturday,and I counted atleast 10 FS/IM that should have called. I hope these refs are better.

standandyell
12-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Very loud last game again vs. Lehigh. Our sections (ours and adjacent ones) now automatically stand up and make noise when the opponent is in a 3rd down situation. In fact the last game (Mtn. Hawks) we had a guy a few rows down that stood up for most downs incl. 1st and 2nd and nobody yelled at him to sitdown. Fun times really. We need to take better care of the ball and continue the tough D, bend but dont break theory. GO HERD, we are all very proud of the players and coaches and our fans!

college football = stand and yell the opposing offense off the field!! On all downs!!!!!

spelunker64
12-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Just think if Bama played hockey...

gsu2583
12-15-2011, 07:39 PM
They do... (Club sport)

thundarsdaddy
12-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Several days later and I am still lol'ing at this one...hahahahaha!

Every answer...Alabama!!

OnlyBlue
12-15-2011, 07:43 PM
I think 3 of those false starts were called on our B-back for flinching before the ball was snapped. The refs must have been staring at him before every play, because thats the only way they could have caught it.

Tatanka
12-15-2011, 10:37 PM
I think 3 of those false starts were called on our B-back for flinching before the ball was snapped. The refs must have been staring at him before every play, because thats the only way they could have caught it.

Yep, Alabama.

80ALUM
12-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Was Alabama louder than the 1987 World Series in the Metrodome? Cause the Fargo Dome is.:duel:

mhyer63
12-15-2011, 11:37 PM

So what your saying is.............that he moved.

mhyer63
12-16-2011, 12:14 AM
If memory serves me right we were still in transition from D2 in 2006, so no matter how that year was for you record wise, you still got beat by a team that was not even a full D1 program yet. Not our fault your 2006 team decided to take the year off from serious prep for there games. And if you don't like our posts, feel free to not post or visit this site, and go back to your own where everything is..........ALABAMA!!!!!!!