PDA

View Full Version : uni done

torby
12-10-2011, 07:28 AM
ouch :biggrin::facepalm:

Twentysix
12-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Done doesnt quite cover it, they took the lehigh loss to a whole new level. They got beat like an NEC team.

jimmyptubas
12-10-2011, 07:40 AM
I certainly thought they'd make a game out of it when it was 7-0 UNI but i guess a few quick adjustments knocked the (over ranked?) Panthers flat on their backs. They could not move the ball or convert a 3rd down at all until it was too late. So much for a all MVFC final. I'm predicting that Montana goes to the finals in that bracket after beating MT State for the 2nd time this year.

NWNDBison
12-10-2011, 08:33 AM
However, with due respect to the UNI Panthers and the MVFC, I appreciate the comment of Grizpsych on Panthernation:

"Congrats Panthernation on a very good season. At least 90 teams would like to have had your season this year."

Twentysix
12-10-2011, 08:41 AM
UNI looked like a bad FCS team versus a top 40 FBS team. Don't kid yourself. I had a hard time watching the last 20 minutes of the game it was that bad....

It looked like app state vs virginia tech. It was 48-10 and probably could have been 80-10 had the griz pushed the gas pedal.

NWNDBison
12-10-2011, 09:37 AM
I would not have left a Bison game, but I admit, I turned off the TV when it got to be 48-10.

chuckles
12-10-2011, 12:29 PM
No kidding. I have a couple friends who are UM fans and were giving me crap all night. 'Oh I thought UNI was good' 'You guys split the MVC title with these guys...ouch' That sorta crap. What a joke UNI is to the MVC.

</smack>

IndyBison
12-10-2011, 12:37 PM
UNI appeared to be affected by the cold weather. It reminded me of the way we could dominate otherwise good teams at Dacotah Field.

TateMosersneighbor
12-10-2011, 12:40 PM
No kidding. I have a couple friends who are UM fans and were giving me crap all night. 'Oh I thought UNI was good' 'You guys split the MVC title with these guys...ouch' That sorta crap. What a joke UNI is to the MVC.

</smack>

UNI is a good football team and a good program. They are excellent for the MVFC. Montana is just on a roll right now and just might win this whole deal. I disagree with what you typed.

Herd
12-10-2011, 01:04 PM
That's Ole Mo, running downhill. When your team is playing well and has all the momentum, that's what happens. I don't think anyone beats Montana at Montana at this point. Get them out of Missoula, and it would be a better situation . . . but they would still be tough to beat. They put a nice beatdown on the Cats in Bozeman to end the season . . . they are really playing well and with confidence.

You have to control the ball and sustain drives against them, UNI did not, save 7-0. No one has been tough enough to stuff their running game as of late and make them one dimensional. You have to stuff the run (including the running QB), and get them in a pass only game, then you'd see a different team and have a chance. When they are running as they wish, they will pile up the points.

bisonhp330
12-10-2011, 01:11 PM
nothing like a team getting all their weaknesses exposed at once to rid the boards of trolls

http://i39.tinypic.com/28v32b.jpg

bisonmike2
12-10-2011, 01:12 PM
They should have been done last week but they were gifted that td thanks to that moronic play by they returner.

Bison Dan
12-10-2011, 01:48 PM
I've never seen UNI play so poor. Missed tackles and LBer's running right by the rb and then grabbing their head. Missed interception - missed long pass to wr (right through is hands). They must have practiced all week inside because the cold was fu*king them up. No game plan to speak of and midway through the 2nd quarter it looked like they wanted to just get on the plane and go home. Embarrassing!

Grizzled
12-10-2011, 03:52 PM
We must not have been watching the same game Dan cause it could have been 80 degrees outside lastnight and UNI still gets their ass kicked. Montana was the better team by 3 TD's in any weather conditions and it wasn't even close.

Bisonwinagn
12-10-2011, 05:43 PM
I've never seen UNI play so poor. Missed tackles and LBer's running right by the rb and then grabbing their head. Missed interception - missed long pass to wr (right through is hands). They must have practiced all week inside because the cold was fu*king them up. No game plan to speak of and midway through the 2nd quarter it looked like they wanted to just get on the plane and go home. Embarrassing!

I agree I've never seen UNI play so slow and lethargic. I realize Montana is a good team, but I don't think UNI has played that bad on defense in a couple of years...

Bison"FANatic"
12-10-2011, 05:53 PM
I agree I've never seen UNI play so slow and lethargic. I realize Montana is a good team, but I don't think UNI has played that bad on defense in a couple of years...

THIS^^^^^ The Griz are good but that was the worst I have seen UNI play in a long time. They were not even trying to wrap up. Many hits and there arms were staying at their side. Angles of pursuit were horrendous. Zero adjustments. They were outcoached and by Breske at that.

semobison
12-10-2011, 07:15 PM
I certainly thought they'd make a game out of it when it was 7-0 UNI but i guess a few quick adjustments knocked the (over ranked?) Panthers flat on their backs. They could not move the ball or convert a 3rd down at all until it was too late. So much for a all MVFC final. I'm predicting that Montana goes to the finals in that bracket after beating MT State for the 2nd time this year.

Montana is going on the road to Sammy who is clobbering Montana State! The Bearkats have got to have close to 500 yards on the ground! After watching this the Griz gotta be thinking it might not be quite so easy to getting to Frisco!

Twentysix
12-11-2011, 04:01 AM
I would way rather play the griz in the NC.

:( In the event we win this week.

CaBisonFan
12-11-2011, 04:06 AM

Rennie is a horseshit passer. He looked absolutely terrible. It wasn't a fluke. Their freshman should have played.

semobison
12-11-2011, 04:27 AM
Rennie is a horseshit passer. He looked absolutely terrible. It wasn't a fluke. Their freshman should have played.

Rennie didnt give up 40+ points!

Strommer10
12-11-2011, 06:10 AM
Now that we have moved on, I hope to see a Bison/Griz Championship game.

pantherhawkrolling
12-11-2011, 06:11 AM
Rennie played very poorly, but the loss was not his fault. He is not a poor passer per se; he woud not have have finished the MVC season with 2 interceptions against something like 11 touchdowns if he were. But not a true passer, point taken.
Look, this loss is very disappointing from a UNI persepctive. There can be no excuses in a loss like this. It's even more disappointing because UNI did truly show a lot of mental toughness this season, and one watches this game and sees that their defeat here was as much mental as physical.
That said, it is difficult to exaggerate the advantage Montana has on its home field. It goes beyond what is normal. Believe me, the good majority of teams in the FCS would have been toasted on Friday.
Great game on your part. Going into the semis is exciting. You have a tough, tough game ahead, so good luck.

Twentysix
12-11-2011, 06:14 AM
Rennie played very poorly, but the loss was not his fault. He is not a poor passer per se; he woud not have have finished the MVC season with 2 interceptions against something like 11 touchdowns if he were. But not a true passer, point taken.
Look, this loss is very disappointing from a UNI persepctive. There can be no excuses in a loss like this. It's even more disappointing because UNI did truly show a lot of mental toughness this season, and one watches this game and sees that their defeat here was as much mental as physical.
That said, it is difficult to exaggerate the advantage Montana has on its home field. It goes beyond what is normal. Believe me, the good majority of teams in the FCS would have been toasted on Friday.
Great game on your part. Going into the semis is exciting. You have a tough, tough game ahead, so good luck.

Way to not be a douche, I applaude you.