PDA

View Full Version : Midcontinent Cable!

dfougie
12-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Saturday's football game available to Midcontinent subscribers: http://www.midcocomm.com/pressroom/newsdetail772.cfm?Id=0,145

CaBisonFan
12-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Is Midcontinental one of the bigger cable providers in North Dakota? If so...this is great news.

rustywallace
12-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Everywhere but Fargo lol

ThundarStruck
12-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Everywhere but Fargo lol

Yep, anywhere West of Fargo in Nodak can get Midcontinent

:ranting:

*Bisonrube
12-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Everywhere but Fargo lol

They are huge in South Dakota...and West Fargo has access.

Fargo..nope, thanks to the city council.

mango
12-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Saturday's football game available to Midcontinent subscribers: http://www.midcocomm.com/pressroom/newsdetail772.cfm?Id=0,145

Hasn't this game always been available on ESPN3?

Thunder_Struck
12-09-2011, 05:47 PM
It should say that the game is available to Midcontinent "INTERNET" subscribers.

coldspot
12-09-2011, 05:50 PM

ssshhhhh, not now, everybody is on a crusade against ESPN/Cableone/Racism. don't wreck the fun.

roadwarrior
12-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Haven't we known this all along?

Gully
12-09-2011, 06:05 PM

Yes, we have.

CaBisonFan
12-09-2011, 06:08 PM

Yes...but your cable/internet provider must have a contract with espn...otherwise it ain't there.

There are some tech savy folks who know how to get around this, but I don't know the formula.

CaBisonFan
12-09-2011, 06:10 PM

Yep...some people probably knew it all along...but it's important enough to post it up so that everyone gets a chance to see it. Got a problem with that road? Is it chewing up your internets?

HerdBot
12-09-2011, 06:18 PM

If you want to huddle around a small computer screen with your friends and family. Or perhaps hook it up to your tv and you can get a picture that is so shitty, it makes the KVLY broadcast look good. Pixels the size of a post it note suck. THis needs to be on tv just like the super popular D3 quarterfinals games. At least tickets are still available

Go_Herd
12-09-2011, 06:19 PM

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg?1282626490

BisonTeacher
12-09-2011, 06:21 PM
If you want to huddle around a small computer screen with your friends and family. Or perhaps hook it up to your tv and you can get a picture that is so shitty, it makes the KVLY broadcast look good. Pixels the size of a post it note suck. THis needs to be on tv just like the super popular D3 quarterfinals games. At least tickets are still available

Thats not true. ESPN3 has pretty good quality, even on my 47" LCD. All access on the other hand has Super mario brothers quality. (original NES version)

CAS4127
12-09-2011, 06:23 PM

Up from your nap I see. Did you nuckie fall out?!:biggrin:

Gully
12-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Thats not true. ESPN3 has pretty good quality, even on my 47" LCD. All access on the other hand has Super mario brothers quality. (original NES version)

NES was cool at the time, but looks awful now.

CaBisonFan
12-09-2011, 06:24 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg?1282626490

Didn't Bohl used to play this part in a TV series? Captain Bohl was it?

Civil06
12-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Yep...some people probably knew it all along...but it's important enough to post it up so that everyone gets a chance to see it. Got a problem with that road? Is it chewing up your internets?

It's chewing up my internets. This has been posted ad nauseum for weeks on end, as well as in the paper about 47 times. No news here.

Bison15
12-09-2011, 06:26 PM

I hooked my computer up to my 46" TV last weekend and the quality was on par or better than KVLY. The picture did fill the whole screen without being distorted because it was technically an HD signal but the streaming aspect keep the broadcast to SD quality. Will be hooking it up again this weekend.

I think the trick to getting the best quality from your computer to the TV is to use an HDMI adapter not just VGA to RCA Video. If you have a MAC, this is easy. I can't vouch for a PC.

matt
12-09-2011, 06:30 PM
I hooked my computer up to my 46" TV last weekend and the quality was on par or better than KVLY. The picture did fill the whole screen without being distorted because it was technically an HD signal but the streaming aspect keep the broadcast to SD quality. Will be hooking it up again this weekend.

I think the trick to getting the best quality from your computer to the TV is to use an HDMI adapter not just VGA to RCA Video. If you have a MAC, this is easy. I can't vouch for a PC.
I have hooked up a couple of games from my Mac to my HDTV with an HDMI cable adapter, overall the picture quality is better than what KVLY broadcasts. The ESPN3 broadcast does have an adaptive quality feature and at some times the picture quality does degrade.

ndbj52
12-09-2011, 06:31 PM

I hooked mine up to a 32" with no problems. My PC has an HDMI port right on the side so it was real easy didn't even need an adapter just the cord

Bison15
12-09-2011, 06:36 PM
I should have said as long as you use an HDMI cord instead of going through RCA video or VGA cable you should be good to go. I did have a couple of instances where the feed was HD quality but would fluctuate due to bandwidth limitations. I never did have a choppy or slow to respond video. The action was always fluid.

BisonTeacher
12-09-2011, 06:42 PM

PC you need to have a video card with HDMI output to get the best quality. Right now I am using just a standard DVI monitor cable and its pretty decent. Like I said...better than all access.

BisonBabe
12-09-2011, 07:04 PM
I was quite happy with the picture quality I received from ESPN3. I used it during the regular season and it is a great option. Granted I am a Midco internet subscriber so I am a lucky one with access. I would be willing to share log in info for those that have difficulty with the work around.

Hammerhead
12-09-2011, 07:56 PM
While not exactly HD quality, espn3.com is better than using gobison.com for Internet viewing.