PDA

View Full Version : Will Saturday's performance by Lum decide the Payton award?

bisonsupporter
12-09-2011, 04:39 PM
If Lum has a great game does that seal the award for him?
If Lum has a bad game will that take him out of the running?

LehighGuy
12-09-2011, 04:41 PM
If Lum has a great game does that seal the award for him?
If Lum has a bad game will that take him out of the running?

All the votes are already in before the playoffs even start....so no.

Bison03
12-09-2011, 04:43 PM
If he can throw the ball for a lot of yards against one of the best defenses in the country, without one of the best receivers in the country, and win...I think he would make a pretty good case. I hope the defense's performance tomorrow will help the voters when we shut him down.

NorthernBison
12-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Voting was already completed.

Lehigh Owl
12-09-2011, 04:46 PM
The winner has already been decided.

It would not shock me to see Lum struggle tomorrow. The field has been shrunk considerably without Spadola. He's going to be forcing passes into a lot of tight areas.

bisonsupporter
12-09-2011, 04:57 PM
I thought they revoted after the 3 finalist were named....my bad...

CAS4127
12-09-2011, 05:01 PM
The winner has already been decided.

It would not shock me to see Lum struggle tomorrow. The field has been shrunk considerably without Spadola. He's going to be forcing passes into a lot of tight areas.

I saw another of your posts about the shrinking field/lack of a deep threat. Just as and FYI, NDSU really has not had much of a deep threat all year. We use a very controlled passing game, and rarely fire way down field, rarely.

Plus, our offensive coordinator sucks!!:biggrin:

CaBisonFan
12-09-2011, 05:17 PM
I saw another of your posts about the shrinking field/lack of a deep threat. Just as and FYI, NDSU really has not had much of a deep threat all year. We use a very controlled passing game, and rarely fire way down field, rarely.

Plus, our offensive coordinator sucks!!:biggrin:

CAS...I would imagine that you remember how many great passers came to Fargo during your playing years, and how much time they spent on the sidelines or studying cloud formations. The media hype would be pretty significant, and when I was at the game I'd wonder why. Not saying we'll shut their qb down, but I suspect that he'll enjoy some significant time off.

DjKyRo
12-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Even if the voting wasn't already completed, the other two finalists (Bell and BLM?) are out of the running playoff-wise already.