PDA

View Full Version : Dec. 17 Requested for Semifinal Game

aces1180
12-08-2011, 01:31 PM
It looks like Gene requested a Saturday, Dec. 17 game if the Bison advance to the semifinals in order to not conflict with graduation.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/343208/

This would put our game on ESPNU instead of ESPN, and this would allow a lot more season ticket holders to attend.

From a personal perspective, I could only hope its a Saturday game...I have a work conflict Friday night and it would probably be detrimental to my reputation at work to miss it.

bisonsupporter
12-08-2011, 01:33 PM
It looks like Gene requested a Saturday, Dec. 17 game if the Bison advance to the semifinals in order to not conflict with graduation.

This would put our game on ESPNU instead of ESPN, and this would allow a lot more season ticket holders to attend.

From a personal perspective, I could only hope its a Saturday game...I have a work conflict Friday night and it would probably be detrimental to my reputation at work to miss it.

Dont you have the flu coming on? :)

HerdBot
12-08-2011, 01:37 PM

Ouch. For your sake I hope its on Saturday.

aces1180
12-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Dont you have the flu coming on? :)

The problem is, most people at work know how I feel about the Bison...In fact, a lot of folks who don't have any ties to NDSU ask me about them every Monday morning and saw how sad I was last year when we fell to Eastern Washington. So if I happened to come down with the flu, they would know it was Bison fever. ;)

It's only our employee Christmas party...Problem is, one of my tasks at work is to plan, run and MC the event. I already found backups, but it would look bad if I skipped it. They all know that I have Bison pride...Heck, our CEO and her entire family are Bison alums...However, she doesn't have the passion for Bison football that I do, even though she does go to some games each year.

In the big scheme of things, I just want to Herd to win Saturday and let the chips fall...Having to make this decision means our squad is still playing and that's awesome.

MNLonghorn10
12-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Just goto the game. Therell be another xmas party next year..whether your employed with them is the question.

SoundsLikeSamhumann
12-08-2011, 02:05 PM
PATHETIC!!

does NDSU not no the difference between ESPN & ESPN U ? are we living under a rock up there?

words cant describe how pathetic this bullcrap is, You have the opportunity to showcase Georgia Southern vs NDSU in the Fargodome on a Friday night on ESPN ( with no competition in viewing on a friday night sports wise). Sat at 3pm on espnu will give NDSU zero exposure nationally.

EPIC FAIL

If NDSU wins on Saturday, graduation would be moved to the Bison Sports Arena, said Registrar Kristi Wold-McCormick.

THEY ARE ALREADY MOVING GRADUATION, PLAY THE GAME ON ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT AT 7pm!

duluthbison
12-08-2011, 02:12 PM
PATHETIC!!

does NDSU not no the difference between ESPN & ESPN U ? are we living under a rock up there?

words cant describe how pathetic this bullcrap is, You have the opportunity to showcase Georgia Southern vs NDSU in the Fargodome on a Friday night on ESPN ( with no competition in viewing on a friday night sports wise). Sat at 3pm on espnu will give NDSU zero exposure nationally.

EPIC FAIL

Really LAKES? It would be a logistical mess to have graduation and the football game on the same night. Parking would be an absolute mess! As a student who is graduating in a week, I am grateful that they are attempting to change the game to Saturday so students like myself can attend. It goes to show that NDSU values their students and academics more than some televised football game (like they should).

Either way, the game will be nationally televised on ESPN. It doesn't matter how many people watch the game, all that matters is that we get to frisco.

tojo70
12-08-2011, 02:14 PM
If on Saturday, anyone know what time the game would be?

Professor Chaos
12-08-2011, 02:17 PM
If on Saturday, anyone know what time the game would be?
1:30PM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/797837/FCS_Playoffs.png

SoundsLikeSamhumann
12-08-2011, 02:20 PM
TWENTYSIX CONGRATS ON GRADUATING!!

but Graduation at 4pm at the BSA last's maybe an hour at most 2. Game is at 7pm. It can be done. Throw you're caps in the air after the first touchdown!

duluthbison
12-08-2011, 02:22 PM
TWENTYSIX CONGRATS ON GRADUATING!!

but Graduation at 4pm at the BSA last's maybe an hour at most 2. Game is at 7pm. It can be done. Throw you're caps in the air after the first touchdown!

It would be tight but the other problem with having the game right after is my family. Several are making the trip out to see me, I can't ditch them after graduation and say see ya later! I'm hoping granite city has the game on so I can at least watch it.

344Johnson
12-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Watching a college graduation is less fun that stabbing yourself in the eye with safety pins.

TransAmBison
12-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Watching a college graduation is less fun that stabbing yourself in the eye with safety pins.I have only attempted one so I am not an expert, but I would tend to agree with your theory. Who wants to talk about theories? C'mon, I know Bisonaudit does!

Dabison
12-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Did the Bison get a BYE week this Saturday? Sounds like we're making plans a little early. Out of our hands til after Saturday anyway. Go Bison!

aces1180
12-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Did the Bison get a BYE week this Saturday? Sounds like we're making plans a little early. Out of our hands til after Saturday anyway. Go Bison!

Fans need to plan ahead...The players are focused on this week's game. We don't play the game, they do.

TransAmBison
12-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Pay no attention to Aces. He is waaaaaay too analytical. :D

aces1180
12-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Pay no attention to Aces. He is waaaaaay too analytical. :D

Except when drinking, in which I make rash and expensive decisions. :)

MNLonghorn10
12-08-2011, 03:27 PM
im with lakes. give me the bad ass 7pm friday night game on espn.

stevdock
12-08-2011, 03:31 PM
I think this is a good request for NDSU. From what my brother heard from one of the ESPN camera guys who was doing the ESPN3 coverage last week and this week, it sounded like ESPN wanted to come to Fargo on Friday night next week. Because of graduation hopefully ESPN will listen, but we all know how well that has happened the last couple of weeks. And let's not sugarcoat this, the NCAA will have minimal say in this, ESPN will ultimately decide.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that so many schools/conferences/organizations is basically bending over to ESPN and say we will do whatever we have to to be on ESPN. Now that there is worse coverage for the Saturday game than in the past hopefully the NCAA will stand up to them.

Dabison
12-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Except when drinking, in which I make rash and expensive decisions. :)

Sounds like a good time to make your plans for next week. Say... Saturday after we win.:cheers:

IBleedYellow
12-08-2011, 03:43 PM
We still have a football game to win against LeHigh first...

56BISON73
12-08-2011, 03:50 PM
PATHETIC!!

words cant describe how pathetic this bullcrap is, You have the opportunity to showcase Georgia Southern vs NDSU in the Fargodome on a Friday night on ESPN ( with no competition in viewing on a friday night sports wise). Sat at 3pm on espnu will give NDSU zero exposure
nationally.

EPIC FAIL

If NDSU wins on Saturday, graduation would be moved to the Bison Sports Arena, said Registrar Kristi Wold-McCormick.

THEY ARE ALREADY MOVING GRADUATION, PLAY THE GAME ON ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT AT 7pm!

You forget one huge thing. Many-many Bison fans just cant take off work friday on short notice. So travelling on friday for many Bison fans wont work. I dont care what ESPN its on as long as fans of the Bison who cant make the game can watch it on TV.

On another note do you REALLY think some gamoack from Fla or any state for that matter is going to be perusing TV guide and see the NDSU listing and go nuts and say "OMG Ive always wanted to watch NDSU that god its on ESPN? Give me a break. If they dont care about FCS football
they arent going to watch it even if its on CBS-NBC etc.

56BISON73
12-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Watching a college graduation is less fun that stabbing yourself in the eye with safety pins.

Flaming pencils was my choice.

SoundsLikeSamhumann
12-08-2011, 03:54 PM
OF COURSE someone will watch LIVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL ON FRIDAY NIGHT ON ESPN (that every basic subscriber gets) sports bars across the country put ESPN on 7pm friday night and leave it there.

as opposed to searching for espnu on 3pm saturday with other holiday conflictions and other sports.

if you are truly debating this and disagree then you should talk to unbison about his 30 foot trench.

TransAmBison
12-08-2011, 03:57 PM
OF COURSE someone will watch LIVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL ON FRIDAY NIGHT ON ESPN (that every basic subscriber gets) sports bars across the country put ESPN on 7pm friday night and leave it there.

as opposed to searching for espnu on 3pm saturday with other holiday conflictions and other sports.

if you are truly debating this and disagree then you should talk to unbison about his 30 foot trench.More tv viewers on Friday...but more people in the dome on Saturday. Both guesses...but I am rarely wrong. Just ask me.

td577
12-08-2011, 03:57 PM
I don't think it should matter who is in what games. The one half of the bracket should have been on Friday and the other on Saturday and kept it that way next week, as well.

MNLonghorn10
12-08-2011, 04:02 PM
More tv viewers on Friday...but more people in the dome on Saturday. Both guesses...but I am rarely wrong. Just ask me.
people can make the dome just as loud with 12000 or whatever. i cant imagine theres that many out of towners who make up the crowd on a regular saturday..

id bet is more of a local crowd. tailgating may be dead for the first hour or two, but whatever.

Tatanka
12-08-2011, 04:04 PM
I think it is appropriate for a University to request the date that isn't already committed for graduation. Graduating college is kind of a big deal for those who graduate. Some people should try it sometime if they haven't already earned the opportunity. This move tells me that the focus of the North Dakota State University is where it should be, something that other Universities in the vicinity could learn from IMHO.

Now, the fact that NDSU has already said they will move graduation if necessary is good. Basically they are stating their preference (which again is what it should be) and making plans for whichever way the decision goes (which is prudent).

And none of this matters a hill of horseshit if NDSU doesn't take care of business Saturday at 3pm.

BadlandsBison
12-08-2011, 04:07 PM
I think it is appropriate for a University to request the date that isn't already committed for graduation. Graduating college is kind of a big deal for those who graduate. Some people should try it sometime if they haven't already earned the opportunity. This move tells me that the focus of the North Dakota State University is where it should be, something that other Universities in the vicinity could learn from IMHO.

Now, the fact that NDSU has already said they will move graduation if necessary is good. Basically they are stating their preference (which again is what it should be) and making plans for whichever way the decision goes (which is prudent).

And none of this matters a hill of horseshit if NDSU doesn't take care of business Saturday at 3pm.

Bolded for truth.

aces1180
12-08-2011, 04:08 PM
I think that as long as Montana wins, they will get the Friday game. If SHSU or UNI host, it could be a toss-up.

56BISON73
12-08-2011, 04:12 PM

if you are truly debating this and disagree then you should talk to unbison about his 30 foot trench.

Will SOMEONE watch it? Of course. But remember we-----YOU were talking national exposure. How many people at home are going to watch that game? I know its a surprise to you but not everyone goes to a bar to watch sports. Now lets take a BBW in Sprinfield Il for example. They put on the game as you say they will. Customers come in and say--WTF is that game. Turn on pro BB or hockey etc. Viewer ship is what we are talking about. IMO you are greatly over playing how many people across the USA is interested in this game.

Bison03
12-08-2011, 04:14 PM
I think that as long as Montana wins, they will get the Friday game. If SHSU or UNI host, it could be a toss-up.

Totally agree. And if it's Montana vs. Montana St., it makes the decision even easier. Everyone needs to take a step back. If we are playing next weekend, we are in the national semi-final, at home, with a chance to win and play in the National Championship!! Yeah, being on the flagship ESPN vs ESPNU would be nice but I could care less.

CAS4127
12-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Will SOMEONE watch it? Of course. But remember we-----YOU were talking national exposure. How many people at home are going to watch that game? I know its a surprise to you but not everyone goes to a bar to watch sports. Now lets take a BBW in Sprinfield Il for example. They put on the game as you say they will. Customers come in and say--WTF is that game. Turn on pro BB or hockey etc. Viewer ship is what we are talking about. IMO you are greatly over playing how many people across the USA is interested in this game.

I agree completely. Having the game on national television will allow existing fans to watch the game. It will not create new ones, save for those diehard FB fans out there who will watch a FB game over anything else, but even those people aren't going to become NDSU teammakers, nor will they be buyinig NDSU merchandise or otherwise spending any money, time or effort on NDSU-related matters.

I think this push is more for SOME of our existing fans to use as "bragging" rights (think boorish behavior) on other boards.

bisoningrandforks
12-08-2011, 04:31 PM
cas and 56 your right!.......there is only a small % of fans that I know who are COLLEGE football fanatics like myself who watch every level of football from FBS to NAIA...seems like most fans (that I know) seem to watch ONLY the best of the best.. the NFL or the top FBS schools....ask them what a cover 2... what is zone blocking..even who is the starting middle LB for the broncos and they dont have a clue!....causal fans for sure!

jimmyptubas
12-08-2011, 04:43 PM
I understand why they do it but it's really difficult for me when the game can either be Saturday or Friday. Those are my 2 busiest nights at work and I can really only afford to take off 1 weekend night per week. Thankfully the saturday game was announced at 1:30 last week so I will be able to work Friday during the day and Saturday at about 7. Thus, allowing for both possibilities and not missing any work!

SoundsLikeSamhumann
12-08-2011, 06:02 PM
if all you podunks are fine with lil ol espnu with 35% on tv sets over ESPN FLAGSHIP on 100% of tv sets, then you are hopeless.

And yes my point is, in Springfield Illinois BWW's and EVERY BWW's, sports bar etc in the NATION has ESPN the flagship up on a couple of their tv's at all times....... you cannot even say im wrong on this.

So yea, lets just be lil fargo, ya know, you betcha, thank you for putting us on the OCHO instead of

E S P N !!

stevdock
12-08-2011, 06:05 PM
if all you podunks are fine with lil ol espnu with 35% on tv sets over ESPN FLAGSHIP on 100% of tv sets, then you are hopeless.

And yes my point is, in Springfield Illinois BWW's and EVERY BWW's, sports bar etc in the NATION has ESPN the flagship up on a couple of their tv's at all times....... you cannot even say im wrong on this.

So yea, lets just be lil fargo, ya know, you betcha, thank you for putting us on the OCHO instead of

E S P N !!

Coming from someone who did graduate from NDSU and participated in graduation ceremonies I'm glad that NDSU is going to bat for all of the graduates instead of caving from pressure from people who didn't graduate from there or from some network that doesn't care about NDSU.

DjKyRo
12-08-2011, 06:05 PM
The university has an obligation to its ticketholders and their ability to get to the game first and foremost. Let's pack the Dome before we worry about getting it on national TV (which ESPNU is), it'd be pretty embarassing if a half- or three-quarters-full Dome is what they're pimping on ESPN.

SoundsLikeSamhumann
12-08-2011, 06:15 PM
GEORGIA SOUTHERN V NDSU On ESPN ....and you dont think NDSU would sell it out?? dude's you're all on crack!!

im done with y'all, if you guys cant see the importance of THE ESPN.

DjKyRo
12-08-2011, 06:21 PM
And here I thought only Lakes got riled up about the BIGTIME ESPN GAMES.

MNLonghorn10
12-08-2011, 06:29 PM
was everyone this anti national exposure when ndsu faced kansas on cbs, national tv, during the afternoon on a friday? i know kansas has the prestige appeal in basketball.. but if it was ndsu vs butler, would people still not watch? sports fans will watch because it's sports and more importantly football. i post on the most popular longhorns board on the net. theres freaking sunbelt game threads between fiu and troy with 300 people in the stands on a tuesday.

oh hey its friday night..why not have the game thats a lead into sportscenter, which everyone watches....or a lead into girls volleyball or whatever will be on espnu at 5pm.

aces1180
12-08-2011, 06:37 PM
was everyone this anti national exposure when ndsu faced kansas on cbs, national tv, during the afternoon on a friday? i know kansas has the prestige appeal in basketball.. but if it was ndsu vs butler, would people still not watch? sports fans will watch because it's sports and more importantly football. i post on the most popular longhorns board on the net. theres freaking sunbelt game threads between fiu and troy with 300 people in the stands on a tuesday.

oh hey its friday night..why not have the game thats a lead into sportscenter, which everyone watches....or a lead into girls volleyball or whatever will be on espnu at 5pm.

Being selfish, I want the game on Saturday afternoon so I can attend. A Friday game is not convenient for many of us who live outside of the FM Metro. Like someone said earlier...Would you rather have 14,000 at the and on ESPN or would you rather have 18,000+ and the game on ESPNU...I would hope that people choose the latter.

I'd also bet that a good 20-30% of season ticket holders are from out of town.

CAS4127
12-08-2011, 06:37 PM

Whoa, Whoa!! No one is anti-National exposure. The point is, does it really, really make that much difference from an overall NDSU standpoint whether the quarterfinal game of the FCS game is broadcast on a national ESPN channel on Friday night??!! Answer-->no, and that is why I will be damned if I am going to email and or call U.S. legislators about it. It's called keeping things just a little bit in perspective.

MNLonghorn10
12-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Being selfish, I want the game on Saturday afternoon so I can attend. A Friday game is not convenient for many of us who live outside of the FM Metro. Like someone said earlier...Would you rather have 14,000 at the and on ESPN or would you rather have 18,000+ and the game on ESPNU...I would hope that people choose the latter.

I'd also bet that a good 20-30% of season ticket holders are from out of town.
plan ahead?? obviously 18k in the dome. but its not like the fm metro couldn't hold down getting more than 14k in the dome if we did 12k for robert morris on a holiday last year.

MNLonghorn10
12-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Whoa, Whoa!! No one is anti-National exposure. The point is, does it really, really make that much difference from an overall NDSU standpoint whether the quarterfinal game of the FCS game is broadcast on a national ESPN channel on Friday night??!! Answer-->no, and that is why I will be damned if I am going to email and or call U.S. legislators about it. It's called keeping things just a little bit in perspective.
i was told on here games on fsn north is way more beneficial than fox college sports.

this is e.s.p.n. this is the mecca of sports television. monday night football, major college sporting football. nba basketball. whatever. this is the grand daddy of channels.

Bison"FANatic"
12-08-2011, 06:47 PM
im done with y'all,

Promise!!!!!

NDSUstudent
12-08-2011, 06:51 PM
I can understand why Gene wants a Saturday game, everyone should be able to. Graduation is kind of a big deal...you know NDSU is a college team. If graduation wasn't on Friday I'd be fully on board for Friday.

aces1180
plan ahead?? obviously 18k in the dome. but its not like the fm metro couldn't hold down getting more than 14k in the dome if we did 12k for robert morris on a holiday last year.

We won't agree...For the die-hard fan's sake, I hope it is Saturday. I could care less about exposure to people casually watching ESPN who will probably forget about the game the next day. As a season ticket holder for many years, this is something I would hate to miss and a Friday night game could potentially make the the case.

HoopsBison
nice problems to complain about...things could be worse.

CAS4127
12-08-2011, 06:53 PM
nice problems to complain about...things could be worse.

Random thought: Do we know whether anyone on the FB team graduates this semester??!!

DjKyRo
12-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Random thought: Do we know whether anyone on the FB team graduates this semester??!!

I was just thinking about this - have to imagine a few of the guys are getting their diplomas, particularly some fifth-year seniors. They'd probably want to attend their graduation and play in the game.

ndsubison1
12-08-2011, 07:32 PM
bison football is more important then graduation ceremony

CAS4127
12-08-2011, 07:33 PM
I was just thinking about this - have to imagine a few of the guys are getting their diplomas, particularly some fifth-year seniors. They'd probably want to attend their graduation and play in the game.

That was my point in positing the question, Sir!!

56BISON73
12-08-2011, 07:58 PM

E S P N !!

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: They wont keep the game on if nobody wants to watch it. What can you not understand about that. Oppps forgot who I was conversing with as reasoning and common sense just doesnt work with you.

SDbison
12-08-2011, 08:37 PM
bison football is more important then graduation ceremony
This ^^^^^^^^
And ESPN on Friday Prime time would provide 1000X more exposure. Yes, thousands of football and sports fans in general would take a look at the Bison if a Friday night game on ESPN. Saturday afternoon on ESPNU not nearly as much.
Graduation ceremony is just that.......a ceremony. The completed process of the degree is what matters.
Also, I don't see how an employer could hold it against an employee who is a known big fan of a local college team to miss a stupid Christmas party for a national DI semi-final game.

CAS4127
12-08-2011, 08:41 PM
This ^^^^^^^^
And ESPN on Friday Prime time would provide 1000X more exposure. Yes, thousands of football and sports fans in general would take a look at the Bison if a Friday night game on ESPN. Saturday afternoon on ESPNU not nearly as much.
Graduation ceremony is just that.......a ceremony. The completed process of the degree is what matters.
Also, I don't see how an employer could hold it against an employee who is a known big fan of a local college team to miss a stupid Christmas party for a national DI semi-final game.

Was most of that supposed to be in purple font?!:confused: Srsly, Dave. In one breath, you bitch about NDSU students not attending games like they should, and, in another, you suggest that an NDSU FB game should be more important to students then their graduation ceremony-->C'mon man!!!

SDbison
12-08-2011, 08:42 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: They wont keep the game on if nobody wants to watch it. What can you not understand about that. Oppps forgot who I was conversing with as reasoning and common sense just doesnt work with you.
Disagree PL........most every bar constantly leaves at least one TV on ESPN. And yes people who don't care will look up now and then to see and understand who is playing. Much more exposure than ESPNU which I rarely see turned on even in big sports bars.

aces1180
12-08-2011, 08:42 PM
This ^^^^^^^^

It's not the local team, SD...That would be Bemidji State University.

We won't agree and that's fine. I just hope its on Saturday.

Wally
12-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Disagree PL........most every bar constantly leaves at least one TV on ESPN. And yes people who don't care will look up now and then to see and understand who is playing. Much more exposure than ESPNU which I rarely see turned on even in big sports bars.

I agree. Even non sports bars that have minimal tvs, the majority of the time they are tuned to ESPN. It happened to me last night, went to Axels(def NOT a sports bar) in Chanhassen and their TVs were on ESPN.

SDbison
12-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Was most of that supposed to be in purple font?!:confused: Srsly, Dave. In one breath, you bitch about NDSU students not attending games like they should, and, in another, you suggest that an NDSU FB game should be more important to students then their graduation ceremony-->C'mon man!!! Not following whatever point you are trying to make. Yes, college football playoffs are important. So what if only 16K or 17K could show up........Fri night on ESPN is best. Also avid fans will take an afternoon or day off to get to a DI semi-final football game. In other places all over the US fans go FBS games scheduled at odd times.

HoopsBison
12-08-2011, 08:48 PM
I swear some people here forget this is a college university, more then athletics happen at NDSU.

Good move by NDSU.

SDbison
12-08-2011, 08:49 PM
I swear some people here forget this is a college university, more then athletics happen at NDSU.

Good move by NDSU.
Glad you have your opinion.........equal numbers likely disagree.

SDbison
12-08-2011, 08:54 PM
It's not the local team, SD...That would be Bemidji State University.

We won't agree and that's fine. I just hope its on Saturday.
Ha ha good one with the local Beavers......can't put Beaver in front of other priorities!
Oh well, NDSU shouldn't have to schedule around you, but I see the graduation being a problem with the university.

aces1180
12-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Ha ha good one with the local Beavers......can't put Beaver in front of other priorities!
Oh well, NDSU shouldn't have to schedule around you, but I see the graduation being a problem with the university.

Oh, I know they are not scheduling around me...It's just a personal preference.

Let's just say if I could go back to 2002 and either attend a Bison football game or my graduation, the game would win 10 out of 10 times.

As for my job, I would like to keep it for a while, so it is what it is.

SoundsLikeSamhumann
12-08-2011, 09:04 PM
aces i skipped mine for montana state last year.

EPBISON, SDBISON, LONGHORN have all agreed with me and id venture to say that 90% of sports fans in the USA would "happen to stumble upon ESPN" vs "attempting to find ESPNU" this isnt even a Debate, NDSU SHOULD HAVE THIS SEMIFINAL GAME ON ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT!

4pm graduate 5pm empty BSA 6pm enter tailgate 7pm enter game <<<< now thats a Graduation Celebration!!

aces1180
12-08-2011, 09:06 PM

EPBISON, SDBISON, LONGHORN have all agreed with me and id venture to say that 90% of sports fans in the USA would "happen to stumble upon ESPN" vs "attempting to find ESPNU" this isnt even a Debate, NDSU SHOULD HAVE THIS SEMIFINAL GAME ON ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT!

4pm graduate 5pm empty BSA 6pm enter tailgate 7pm enter game <<<< now thats a Graduation Celebration!!

I have to "host" mine...That's the big issue...If I was just an invited guest, I would be out of there faster than you could say "My O My!"

TransAmBison
12-08-2011, 09:14 PM
I have to "host" mine...That's the big issue...If I was just an invited guest, I would be out of there faster than you could say "My O My!"
Food poisoning is a serious issue, you never know when it will happen...and it could even affect your voice on Monday.

aces1180
12-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Food poisoning is a serious issue, you never know when it will happen...and it could even affect your voice on Monday.

I've found that telling your boss that you have explosive diarrhea doesn't result in follow-up questions.

56BISON73
12-08-2011, 09:19 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

TransAmBison
12-08-2011, 09:21 PM
I've found that telling your boss that you have explosive diarrhea doesn't result in follow-up questions.must spread rep around! :rofl:

MNLonghorn10
12-08-2011, 10:20 PM

hell ya!!!

NDSUdonny
12-08-2011, 10:37 PM

I would be pissed if I just got done with College and I was deprived of my god-given right to 5 hours of tailgating before kick-off!!!

tony
12-08-2011, 10:44 PM
How about this? The Saturday game should be on ESPN. College football does not belong on Friday nights.

SoundsLikeSamhumann
12-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Now that we all agree with kind sir

TheBisonator
12-08-2011, 11:32 PM
I REALLY pray to God it's on Saturday the 17th. I'm going to be on a flight during Friday evening, the same time the Friday game is going on. If we win, and it's on the 17th, then I can get tickets to the game on the 17th.

tcbison
12-09-2011, 12:14 AM
I REALLY pray to God it's on Saturday the 17th. I'm going to be on a flight during Friday evening, the same time the Friday game is going on. If we win, and it's on the 17th, then I can get tickets to the game on the 17th.

I don't believe you. I thought you were an atheist*

* I also pray for a Saturday game. We can tailgate together.

SmellsLikeSamHumann
12-09-2011, 12:16 AM
if people want it on saturday so they can tailgate, then they have their priorites F'ed up. NDSU on ESPN is goal #1 for any FBS, let alone FCS team. get a clue.

CAS4127
12-09-2011, 12:19 AM
if people want it on saturday so they can tailgate, then they have their priorites F'ed up. NDSU on ESPN is goal #1 for any FBS, let alone FCS team. get a clue.

STFU Lakes!! Tony is right-->u want Friday Night Lights!! That is soooo high school!!

DjKyRo
12-09-2011, 12:19 AM

Wouldn't winning a championship be the #1 priority for both the FBS and the FCS teams that are eligible to win it? Why else do teams seek exposure and better recruits if not to win football games in pursuit of that top spot?

Also, what's the reasoning behind posting with multiple accounts? I think everyone knows what the story is between standingrockbison, Title or Bust, and SoundsLikeSamhumann by now.

stevdock
12-09-2011, 12:31 AM
Ok National Exposure people answer this question for me: Who played in the Friday night game last year?? That might be pretty easy since we were close to having a chance in it. Better yet who played in that game the year before?? Without looking I'm thinking there is pretty much nobody that is going to come up with that. If that's the case then is being on ESPN going to do anything more than say winning a National Championship would??

TheBisonator
12-09-2011, 12:34 AM
Again, I REALLY hope we don't play Friday night. It would be DEVASTATING for me.

Bisonguy
12-09-2011, 12:43 AM
Ok National Exposure people answer this question for me: Who played in the Friday night game last year?? That might be pretty easy since we were close to having a chance in it. Better yet who played in that game the year before?? Without looking I'm thinking there is pretty much nobody that is going to come up with that. If that's the case then is being on ESPN going to do anything more than say winning a National Championship would??

Chea, the D2 national championship game is on ESPN and if UMD wasn't in it last year I would have no idea who even played.

344Johnson
12-09-2011, 01:24 AM
How about this? The Saturday game should be on ESPN. College football does not belong on Friday nights.

Shouldn't they be having "Top 25" high school football games on Friday Nights? Even if the season is done....let "#1" and "#2" play.

ndsubison1
12-09-2011, 01:34 AM

ask boise state. they play like half of their games on fridays. if thats what it takes to get on ESPN im on board

ndsubison1
12-09-2011, 01:39 AM

well last year was ewu-villanova. the year before the ship was what? nova-montana? so that semifinal game i am guessing was montana vs. app state? i remember watching that on espn

Hammerhead
12-09-2011, 01:54 AM
I predict UNI will win SHSU will lose so both semi-finals will be in domes, meaning weather won't be a factor for the NCAA to consider.

Would they still need to bring in temporary lights in Bozeman or Missoula for a night game?

stevdock
12-09-2011, 01:59 AM
I predict UNI will win SHSU will lose so both semi-finals will be in domes, meaning weather won't be a factor for the NCAA to consider.

Would they still need to bring in temporary lights in Bozeman or Missoula for a night game?

Montana St can't host period. And Montana got lights put in before the playoffs started. That is one reason why they actually have the Friday night game.

RadBison
12-09-2011, 03:07 AM
I took tomorrow off and next Friday the 16th off in mid-November when I knew the Bison were going to make the playoffs, makes planning a lot easier, I don't really care which day/night they play because I'm ready for either.

Removing my personal "how is it going to effect my life" feelings from it, I would ALWAYS rather be on ESPN, even at 2am on Tuesday, than on ESPNU on Saturday afternoon. Best case ESPN would show the game Saturday afternoon but the reality is more people will watch something else so the Saturday game gets ESPNU instead of the real deal.

unbison
12-09-2011, 04:43 AM
make the adjustments that need to be made to be on the real espn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!