PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks!!

BraxtonT
12-08-2011, 04:16 AM
Why are we not blasting them after scoring a touchdown?

Before I get the "It's the playoffs and we're not allowed to do it, because...." response, I watched the replay of the Montana-Central Arkansas game. After every Grizz score in the first half, you could hear their cannon being shot. They even show the ROTC group responsible for the blasts on the telecast after their last touchdown in the 2nd quarter.

I think we are taking the NCAA's "suggestions" a bit too far. I'm personally glad to not have to listen to "That's another Bison first down" and "How about that Bison defense", but some loud explosions after a touchdown shouldn't cause too much of a stir.

Trim
12-08-2011, 05:03 AM
I'm pretty indifferent to the fireworks. But, my ears brace themselves after every touchdown for the blast that doesn't occur. I feel like one of Pavlov's dogs.

RadBison
12-08-2011, 05:11 AM
Are the ROTC guys shooting the cannon inside the stadium or outside? The NCAA can't control what happens outside the stadium (TM's 50-50 raffle) but is very much in control of the things going on inside.

OrygunBison
12-08-2011, 04:51 PM
With as much scoring as we're going to be doing this weekend, I think that much smoke inside the dome would be a health risk.

Civil06
12-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Can we get the guys from Mythbuster's to fire a cannon???

Tatanka
12-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Can we get the guys from Mythbuster's to fire a cannon???

http://i55.tinypic.com/2z4lg9c.png