PDA

View Full Version : Call ESPN...NOW !! Get this sucker on TV !!

CaBisonFan
12-06-2011, 09:41 PM
This topic needs to stand at the top by itself for a while. Mods...the topic needs to be featured in a big way...so I'm asking you to 'not' merge it for a while. This call needs to happen yesterday...but there still might be time. We need to get off of our stoic butts and push some weight around. They need to hear about our attendance, our huge fan base that travels to the Big Dance & games at MN. Remind them of the Big Dance...a reference that they'll understand. People who can't get to the game and don't have espn3 access don't deserve to get screwed two weekends in a row. I don't give a shit about other programs that may have a bigger regional population. We're the #2 seed !!

This is North Dakota State !! Come on !!

1) Contact ESPN at 1-888-549-ESPN (3776) and select prompt #3 which will take you to a customer service representative. Once you have the representative on the line, communicate that the December 10 NDSU vs. Lehigh football game be added to the ESPN Game Plan broadcast schedule.

BISONBRI53
12-06-2011, 09:47 PM
And the FD was ranked as #49 best football stadium in the country last week.

Fast50Dad
12-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Just called and requested it. He gave me the yada yada yada and asked I contact CableOne and request it through them as well and he'll pass along my request.

Go Bison!

BisonTeacher
12-06-2011, 10:26 PM
This was emailed to alumni today....

Greetings NDSU Alumni, Family and Friends -

This Saturday, the Bison will play in the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision Quarterfinals as they host Lehigh University at the Fargodome.

Currently, this game will only be broadcast via www.espn3.com which is an Internet webcast and may only be available to those whose cable Internet provider has partnered with ESPN3. In an effort to allow all of our fans across the country to participate in this game, we need you to take action and request that our game be broadcast on the ESPN Game Plan package.

Your voice can be heard by:

Contacting ESPN at 888-549-ESPN(3776) and select prompt #3, which will take you to a customer service representative. Once you have the representative on the line, communicate your wish that the December 10 NDSU vs. Lehigh football game be added to the ESPN Game Plan broadcast schedule.

OR – Tweet the following ESPN college relations staff:
@MsPotts_ESPN
@AllieStoneberg
@MikeHumesESPN
@Gracie_ESPNU
@ckreiswirthESPN

Contact your local cable provider and share the same message.
Please take action by Wednesday, December 7 at noon.
Please let us know if you make contact by responding with a DONE to nonda@ndsualumni.com. We are tracking contacts.
Pass this along to your friends and request that they take action.

Even if you live in the area and/or are planning to attend the game, please help us ensure our fans may enjoy this game no matter where they reside. YOUR voice can make this happen.

Let’s go…THE MARCH IS ON!

funteddy
12-07-2011, 01:30 AM
This isnt Cable One or Direct TV's fault. (I cant believe I said it either) ESPN Gameplan had these games scheduled two weeks ago and some dude out east decided to change the programing. They made a good faith deal with the network and ESPN IS AT FAULT. Call them and tell them we are not happy out in ND.

CaBisonFan
12-07-2011, 01:46 AM
This isnt Cable One or Direct TV's fault. (I cant believe I said it either) ESPN Gameplan had these games scheduled two weeks ago and some dude out east decided to change the programing. They made a good faith deal with the network and ESPN IS AT FAULT. Call them and tell them we are not happy out in ND.

That's exactly what I did. I stuck it in his face to my best of ability.

DePereBisonFan
12-07-2011, 01:54 PM
I'm in Green Bay, none of the local bars or BWWs or cable or anything have it. So I followed your instructions and called ESPN. The guy said he'd take down my comment and let the producers know. Not really sure what else to do...maybe call up the Wisconsin legislatures and let them know I want the game on?

Da_Bizon
12-07-2011, 02:15 PM
I've emailed and tweeted those selfish SOB's.

DePereBisonFan
12-07-2011, 02:30 PM
I've emailed and tweeted those selfish SOB's.

What email did you send your comments to?

Da_Bizon
12-07-2011, 02:46 PM
What email did you send your comments to?

I went to ESPN.com and clicked on 'contact us' on the bottom. I've already received the cut & paste answer telling me that they have unprecedented coverage of the FCS playoffs; this is how you can email your provider to get espn3... blah blah blah... we don't care about you answer.

Hammerhead
12-07-2011, 03:23 PM
At least the guy answering the phone seemed to know what I was talking about so that's a good sign. :-)

I also used the contact us link and noted that I could watch last year's 2nd round game (on another network) in glorious HD. I didn't mention that I also attended that game in person. :)

HerdBot
12-07-2011, 03:27 PM
This topic needs to stand at the top by itself for a while. Mods...the topic needs to be featured in a big way...so I'm asking you to 'not' merge it for a while. This call needs to happen yesterday...but there still might be time. We need to get off of our stoic butts and push some weight around. They need to hear about our attendance, our huge fan base that travels to the Big Dance & games at MN. Remind them of the Big Dance...a reference that they'll understand. People who can't get to the game and don't have espn3 access don't deserve to get screwed two weekends in a row. I don't give a shit about other programs that may have a bigger regional population. We're the #2 seed !!

This is North Dakota State !! Come on !!

1) Contact ESPN at 1-888-549-ESPN (3776) and select prompt #3 which will take you to a customer service representative. Once you have the representative on the line, communicate that the December 10 NDSU vs. Lehigh football game be added to the ESPN Game Plan broadcast schedule.

Called them twice and send "a lot" of emails. We should get Georgia Southern fans on board

HerdBot
12-07-2011, 03:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=contact/index
Here is an easy to complete web form

DePereBisonFan
12-07-2011, 03:52 PM
I also contacted Senator Conrad and asked for help. You can email him at:

https://conrad.senate.gov/contact/webform.cfm

duluthbison
12-07-2011, 04:15 PM
So I just saw this on the turf's facebook page, is there any truth to this?

Alert!!! Apparently ESPN doesn't think much about NDSU! We would have been able to broadcast the game via internet, cable, or even Directv. But ESPN has decided that no one in the Fargo area will be able to watch the NDSU football game. And are sending people out to make sure we don't broadcast the game even at the Turf! Need everyone to call 1-888-549-3776 at ESPN and tell them put the NDSU on the Gameplan for Dec 10. Make this call before noon please today!

Da_Bizon
12-07-2011, 06:28 PM
So I just saw this on the turf's facebook page, is there any truth to this?

If that's true, someone really needs to have a chat with ESPN. That's like Mafia stuff. On a side note, I emailed them back after the form letter they sent me and I actually got someone who said they'd pass my concerns along. They probably won't, but at least I got through to someone.

Da_Bizon
12-07-2011, 06:40 PM
http://www.ncaa.com/contact

I sent an email to the NCAA, as well.

CaBisonFan
12-07-2011, 06:53 PM
http://www.ncaa.com/contact

I sent an email to the NCAA, as well.

Great idea!

Hammerhead
12-07-2011, 06:54 PM
WTF! The D-II and D-III semifinals are on gameplan, but not the FCS quarterfinals?
http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/group/35

Saturday, December 10
TIME (ET) MATCHUP TV PPV MOBILE TICKETS
12:00 PM ET Wesley College at Mount Union
2:00 PM ET Wayne State (MI) at Winston-Salem
3:30 PM ET St. Thomas (MN) at Wisc. Whitewater
7:00 PM ET Delta State at Pittsburg State

BisonTeacher
12-07-2011, 06:57 PM
WTF! The D-II and D-III semifinals are on gameplan, but not the FCS quarterfinals?

Saturday, December 10
TIME (ET) MATCHUP TV PPV MOBILE TICKETS
12:00 PM ET Wesley College at Mount Union
2:00 PM ET Wayne State (MI) at Winston-Salem
3:30 PM ET St. Thomas (MN) at Wisc. Whitewater
7:00 PM ET Delta State at Pittsburg State

It makes no sense that they don't put it on Gameplan. Wouldnt they make more money by putting it on gameplan? They already have the crew there broadcasting the game, which is why its on ESPN3. All they have to do is make it available on gameplan and charge per day/game or whatever.

Is it some contractual thing they have with those cable companys that they made pay for espn3?

CaBisonFan
12-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Here's what I wrote to the NCAA. Copy & send if you'd like.

I am a fan of North Dakota State Football. We are in the FCS playoffs this weekend. We've been told by ESPN that they are only offering ESPN3 as a viewing option for the 2nd weekend in a row. We were originally scheduled to be in the Game Plan TV viewing schedule. Not !!

We have won the 2nd most national championships in football in NCAA history. We brought 30,000 fans to Minnesota this fall when we defeated them quite easily. We did the same for the Big Dance at the Metrodome a few years back. We are the 2nd seed in the playoffs and have been ranked #1 for a part of this season, and in the top 5 for most of it.

Please send ESPN a message...the message being that the NCAA would appreciate having TV coverage for the #2 seed in the playoffs...and that it's not fair to have lower-seeded teams on TV two weekends in a row...example: Montana. Nothing against them...but it's a fact that they are being treated more special than others. Thank you.

Da_Bizon
12-07-2011, 07:31 PM
I'm a Centurylink retailer and just had a very interesting conversation with my Centurylink rep about this. She said that her boss has spoken with the higher-ups about adding ESPN3.com and they have been trying to add it, but ESPN won't let them for some reason. They are giving Centurylink the run-around. It looks like ESPN is trying to make some sort of point, because they are definitely not playing ball (no pun intended) with anyone.

KC Bison
12-07-2011, 08:16 PM
I have emailed ESPN and called ESPN. Told them I was done buying GamePlan (for the season) from them if they couldn't provide FCS playoff games on GamePlan. Also contacted Century Link and asked them to offer ESPN3 but this is a poor answer to this.
Century Link seemed uncertain why they couldn't offer ESPN3 but they said they would put it into their suggestion box. It looks to me with both Montana games gettting coverage and neither of the other games getting coverage that a threat from their congressional delegation helped ESPN put things in proper perspective.

elkmcc
12-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Just like NDSU. A day late and a $ short. Which teams have the prime time ESPN spot this weekend? A lot of your fans were bitching about the State of Montana's gripe last week. Montana's complaint to ESPN has arguably led to prime time National coverage. Sooooo sorry. Snooze...and you lose.

BisonTeacher
12-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Could they have some sort of iphone/AT&T exclusive deal that they don't want to share the details about?

iceberg
12-07-2011, 08:39 PM

I really dont want to prod the bear (errr Bison) but St Thomas (yes the D3 school in St Paul) their game is going to be on here in Minneapolis on Channel 23 (the CW cable 8)
http://www.tommiesports.com/ftbl/news/LocalTV_125.html

Channel 23 to pickup Tommie FB playoff game
December 05, 2011

Saturday's NCAA Division III football semifinal-round playoff game featuring No. 3-ranked St. Thomas at No. 1-ranked UW-Whitewater on the Warhawks' campus in Whitewater, Wis., has been picked up to air live on free TV in the Twin Cities on WUCW TV, channel 23.

The game starts at 2:30 p.m. The winner advances to the Friday, Dec. 16 championship in Salem, Va., vs. the Wesley (Del.) vs. Mount Union (Ohio) winner.

The game will be produced and telecast nationally on the ESPN3.com website. The game can be accessed in some places on cable TV, websites and mobile apps, depending on your cable company and internet service provider.

The game also will have live radio on WCCO 830, with Dave Lee and Eric Nelson on the call.

elkmcc
12-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Wow! Made this tread die like a tired indian after he met Jerimiah Johnson.

Da_Bizon
12-07-2011, 09:05 PM

Not sure who you are, but don't you have anything better to do?

Wally
12-07-2011, 09:07 PM
I really dont want to prod the bear (errr Bison) but St Thomas (yes the D3 school in St Paul) their game is going to be on here in Minneapolis on Channel 23 (the CW cable 8)
http://www.tommiesports.com/ftbl/news/LocalTV_125.html

So D3 games can be distributed and televised on local stations, and FCS cannot? :facepalm::facepalm:

BlueBisonRock
12-07-2011, 09:16 PM

Are you that little uni troll now masquerading as a Griz?

Get a life.

WYOBISONMAN
12-07-2011, 09:16 PM
I have emailed ESPN and called ESPN. Told them I was done buying GamePlan (for the season) from them if they couldn't provide FCS playoff games on GamePlan. Also contacted Century Link and asked them to offer ESPN3 but this is a poor answer to this.
Century Link seemed uncertain why they couldn't offer ESPN3 but they said they would put it into their suggestion box. It looks to me with both Montana games gettting coverage and neither of the other games getting coverage that a threat from their congressional delegation helped ESPN put things in proper perspective.

Hmmm........I remember someone suggesting this earlier.........

elkmcc
12-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Hmmm........I remember someone suggesting this earlier.........

Haha.. Laughing all the way to the bank. I find it amusing that your "huge" fan base never understood the issue last week. Ask your fans that thought shi*ty internet coverage was just fine last week how they like being second fidddle this week.

CaBisonFan
12-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Just like NDSU. A day late and a $ short. Which teams have the prime time ESPN spot this weekend? A lot of your fans were bitching about the State of Montana's gripe last week. Montana's complaint to ESPN has arguably led to prime time National coverage. Sooooo sorry. Snooze...and you lose.

U snoozed and lost to us as a DII football team in 2003. We beat you in a bowl game or two back in the day... with the national title on the line. Seems to be a habit in Montana...where the older residents are always right, and never want to muddy things up with thainkin'... zzzzzzzzz

Good thing the real game is played on the field. We've had our way with the better Montana program lately...and with the other program in the past.

CaBisonFan
12-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Haha.. Laughing all the way to the bank. I find it amusing that your "huge" fan base never understood the issue last week. Ask your fans that thought shi*ty internet coverage was just fine last week how they like being second fidddle this week.

Come on lakes...give us some slack...

mnriverbison
12-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Good to see this thread hasn't devolved into irrelevance.

Da_Bizon
12-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Good to see this thread hasn't devolved into irrelevance.

That's what trolls do. Seriously, though, how many red dots do you have to have under your name to get banned? Especially for someone with 6 posts.

Da_Bizon
12-08-2011, 09:57 PM
I just found out that the President at ESPN is a one Edward Erhardt... son of Ron Erhardt. Native of Fargo and a Shanley grad and son of one helluva coach. How the hell is he not getting this game on TV for us? I'm tied up for the next few hours, but if anyone can track down his email address, we could probably get to him. I'll try later.

Wally
12-08-2011, 10:12 PM
I just found out that the President at ESPN is a one Edward Erhardt... son of Ron Erhardt. Native of Fargo and a Shanley grad and son of one helluva coach. How the hell is he not getting this game on TV for us? I'm tied up for the next few hours, but if anyone can track down his email address, we could probably get to him. I'll try later.

President of Sales and Marketing at ESPN. Don't know how much pull he might have, but it is definitely worth a shot.

http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/2009/12/10/erhardt_ed/

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2003/05/Issue-151/Sports-Industrialists/The-Daily-Goes-One-On-One-With-ESPNABC-Sports-Ed-Erhardt.aspx?hl=USA%20Today%20Information%20Networ k&sc=0

I guess he was a ball boy for NDSU

Bison bison
12-08-2011, 11:10 PM

No, it pretty much is.

The had no contract with ESPN stating that the NDSU game would be played. They told their customers it would be on.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/343295/

CaBisonFan
12-08-2011, 11:16 PM
President of Sales and Marketing at ESPN. Don't know how much pull he might have, but it is definitely worth a shot.

http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/2009/12/10/erhardt_ed/
(http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/2009/12/10/erhardt_ed/)
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2003/05/Issue-151/Sports-Industrialists/The-Daily-Goes-One-On-One-With-ESPNABC-Sports-Ed-Erhardt.aspx?hl=USA Today Information Network&sc=0

I guess he was a ball boy for NDSU

Do you see any personal contact info. for Erhardt on these links? I would really like to have an email discussion with him.

TheBisonator
12-08-2011, 11:26 PM
It's funny to me seeing all these "Get this game on TV NOW!!!" threads, since it doesn't matter to me, cause ESPN3 is my only option anyway. And if I was living in the Twin Cities, I'd be getting my black ass to the game.

I know it would be cool to see it on actual broadcast TV, but if you have the workaround and a laptop and an HDMI cable, you can watch it from your own TV anywhere you are.

BisonJump
12-08-2011, 11:27 PM
I would say this goes way beyond just being able to watch this weekends game. If we're recruiting a kid who is hedging between an FCS team and an FBS team and he learns that if he chooses an FCS team with the idea of being involved in a playoff situation yet his family and friends won't be able to watch the playoffs on TV if/when they make it, that greatly reduces the likelihood of him choosing the Bison. Would there be a basis for a lawsuit against ESPN with this situation? NDSU has definitely been hurt by their decision. A big reason we went DI was for the exposure it would bring the University yet ESPN has the power to completely negate this.

CaBisonFan
12-08-2011, 11:32 PM
It's funny to me seeing all these "Get this game on TV NOW!!!" threads, since it doesn't matter to me, cause ESPN3 is my only option anyway. And if I was living in the Twin Cities, I'd be getting my black ass to the game.

I know it would be cool to see it on actual broadcast TV, but if you have the workaround and a laptop and an HDMI cable, you can watch it from your own TV anywhere you are.

Lots of people in North Dakota don't have the options that you have. My sister lives in Mayville...between Fargo & GF...and can almost see MN from where she lives. Their satellite carrier doesn't have this package. Across the border...many do. ok?

TheBisonator
12-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Lots of people in North Dakota don't have the options that you have. My sister lives in Mayville...between Fargo & GF...and can almost see MN from where she lives. Their satellite carrier doesn't have this package. Across the border...many do. ok?

Doesn't matter if your carrier doesn't have ESPN3. I live in freakin Canada and I was able to watch our game last Saturday.

Join my group.

CaBisonFan
12-09-2011, 12:03 AM
Doesn't matter if your carrier doesn't have ESPN3. I live in freakin Canada and I was able to watch our game last Saturday.

Join my group.

If you have a way of doing this...please share it with a new thread. If I've missed one already, sorry. Lots of people aren't as tech savy.

TheBisonator
12-09-2011, 12:05 AM
If you have a way of doing this...please share it with a new thread. If I've missed one already, sorry. Lots of people aren't as tech savy.

It's only been mentioned about 7,141 times on Bisonville in the past few months.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?25398-Is-there-a-way-to-create-a-private-thread

X-Factor
12-09-2011, 01:15 AM
It's only been mentioned about 7,141 times on Bisonville in the past few months.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?25398-Is-there-a-way-to-create-a-private-thread

Ca has selective hearing. :D

CaBisonFan
12-09-2011, 01:43 AM
Ca has selective hearing. :D

I just don't read through 7,412 posts a day.

CaBisonFan
12-09-2011, 01:43 AM

Then add one more Bisonator...for my sister.

chuckles
12-09-2011, 01:58 AM
This is incredibility unfortunate for Bison fans in the FM and other locations that can't get ESPN 3, don't get me wrong. But be careful who you pick your fights with. ESPN holds the key to these games. They were 'nice' enough to give us a Saturday game this weekend, but they could turn around and back-hand us the Friday game next weekend (I'm keeping the faith). The Friday game would also upset many many Bison fans, but calling into ESPN or trying to get the govt involved ain't going to change the day of the game. Heck, even the administration will be tossed for a loop having to move commencement to the BSA.

In the end though, its all about the $$$ for ESPN. They will broadcast and decide when games are played to make the optimal profit.

HerdBot
12-09-2011, 03:19 AM
Not sure if this was posted but inforum had an article today stating espn is not broadcasting it and holdingbfirm. Better get your tickets

Da_Bizon
12-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Not sure if this was posted but inforum had an article today stating espn is not broadcasting it and holdingbfirm. Better get your tickets

I saw that. Not cool of them. I'd love to petition the NCAA to get a contract that allows local stations to pick these games up if ESPN isn't going to carry them... for the next time negotiations come up. Anyone know how to do that?

HerdBot
12-09-2011, 01:29 PM
I saw that. Not cool of them. I'd love to petition the NCAA to get a contract that allows local stations to pick these games up if ESPN isn't going to carry them... for the next time negotiations come up. Anyone know how to do that?

the good news is if we win its a guarantee the next 2 are on tv but otherwise they will miss the biggest game in the Bisons short fcs history