PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Viewing Party?

Da_Bizon
12-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Starting this for my benefit, as well as others. I get the privilege of early Christmas with the in-laws in Rochester this weekend, so I will not be able to attend. Anyone here in Rochester who may be getting together for a viewing party at any local pubs downtown?

Post here, too, for other cities.

mnriverbison
12-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Gabes by the Park in St Paul will be a manageable hour drive from Rochester. Just saying. Although you'd think with all of the people who transplant to Rochester you'd be able to find some friendly faces down there as well.

Da_Bizon
12-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Gabes by the Park in St Paul will be a manageable hour drive from Rochester. Just saying. Although you'd think with all of the people who transplant to Rochester you'd be able to find some friendly faces down there as well.

Unfortunately I'm won't have the car, so it's gotta be within walking distance of my hotel. :(

Bison81
12-05-2011, 03:55 PM
here in Roch- would love to meet & watch...

bisonpride4ever
12-05-2011, 04:31 PM
I live in Byron which is 5 miles away. I don't know if I am going to the game or not, still waiting to hear from some people, but if not I would meet up and watch. I don't know who would have it though.

BlueBisonRock
12-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Starting this for my benefit, as well as others. I get the privilege of early Christmas with the in-laws in Rochester this weekend, so I will not be able to attend. Anyone here in Rochester who may be getting together for a viewing party at any local pubs downtown?

Post here, too, for other cities.

Sorry, I am heading up to the game.

coloradobison
12-05-2011, 05:03 PM
I have word that the Denver watch party will be at Choppers again this week.

bri-dog
12-05-2011, 05:05 PM
I have word that the Denver watch party will be at Choppers again this week.

Are you going?

I'm not sure -- I'm had plans to go to Wyoming snowmobiling (was going to get out early then come back and watch the game on ESPN3), but not sure if there's going to be enough snow. So I may be there...

coloradobison
12-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Are you going?

I'm not sure -- I'm had plans to go to Wyoming snowmobiling (was going to get out early then come back and watch the game on ESPN3), but not sure if there's going to be enough snow. So I may be there...

Every SU game I have watched at Choppers has been a loss. I missed last week due to schedule and watched at home and we won...Makes me think I need to stay away. Actual attendance has yet to be determined - I will be watching the game, the location is up in the air though.

bri-dog
12-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Every SU game I have watched at Choppers has been a loss. I missed last week due to schedule and watched at home and we won...Makes me think I need to stay away. Actual attendance has yet to be determined - I will be watching the game, the location is up in the air though.

I know what you mean. Im not SUPERstitious, but I was a little nervous going last Saturday. The only one I'd ever seen there was EWU last year...

coloradobison
12-05-2011, 06:14 PM
I know what you mean. Im not SUPERstitious, but I was a little nervous going last Saturday. The only one I'd ever seen there was EWU last year...

I watched one of the Gopher games there way back when, the first year we lost to them it must have been. I'll decide later in the week which way I'm leaning probably.

Da_Bizon
12-07-2011, 02:23 PM
here in Roch- would love to meet & watch...

Crap... I just received my itinerary for the weekend and looks like I'm stuck there all day. Looks like I'm watching it on ESPN3. Thanks for the offer, though.