NDSU 34
Lehigh 28

PaBizon
12-04-2011, 11:24 PM
Bizon 38
Lehigh 28

4mcruenomore
12-04-2011, 11:26 PM
We blow them out, they haven't seen a physical team like us. We run all over them and win by atleast 3 TD's. But, I will go with my usual:

50-0 Bison

344Johnson
12-04-2011, 11:28 PM
NDSU 38
Lehigh 24

A1pigskin
12-04-2011, 11:31 PM
If our passing game improves Bison 28 and Lehigh 20.

TheBisonator
12-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Might as well throw something at the wall:

Lehigh 34
NDSU 45

Lum will rack up the passing yards, but we'll be scoring on them at will, and our D will bend but not break at the most critical times when we need it.

runtheoption
12-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Bison - 42
Mountain Hawks - 0

Lum throws the ball 69 times, amassing 643 yards of passing. However, MWILL has 7 interceptions, all returned for TD's. He gains 546 return yards on the INT's, for some sort of record. Jastram tries to drop-kick all the PAT's, missing all of them. The Bison offense doesn't get 1 snap, allowing DJ's foot, Jensen's toe, Smith's hammy, and Austin's entire body to heal up for the semi-final.

Sections 20 & 21 quit yelling on 3rd & 4th downs because NDSU can't stop them. They just wait for the next MWILL pick 6.

SAV, Hando and his wife have the most fun they have ever, ever had at a Bison game. Section 28 will never be the same.

AG is found laying in a ditch near Crookston, unconsious, naked and painted green & gold. A sign with "Who's your Daddy now, BITCH?" is found nearby. BlueBisonRock is there to photo-document it all. CAS's alibi is "I was busy uploading the latest decibel meter app on my Iphone."

SD and Ming play one-on-one flag football. Ming is winning 72-0, because SD cannot catch him. However, SD's wins by forfeit because Ming is hurt on his last TD, as he is taunting SD and Ming does not see a large, fast, good-looking spectator blind-side him into oblivion.

DjKyRo is carried off the field on the shoulders of his peers. NDSU's football players have a huge cutout of him on the NDSU sideline.

Gabe starts a thread. CABison writes a post about how the passion and excitement is back for NDSU football, the tradition continues, and thanks the predecessors from the 60's, 70's and 80's for starting it all.

And in a surprising turn of events, TAB re-comes out of the closet, and reveals that he is, in fact, a heterosexual. Not that there is anything wrong with that. His wife is confused.

TheBisonator
12-04-2011, 11:57 PM
Bison - 42
Mountain Hawks - 0

Lum throws the ball 69 times, amassing 643 yards of passing. However, MWILL has 7 interceptions, all returned for TD's. He gains 546 return yards on the INT's, for some sort of record. The Bison offense doesn't get 1 snap, allowing DJ's foot, Jensen's toe, Smith's hammy, and Austin's entire body to heal up for the semi-final.

Sections 20 & 21 quit yelling on 3rd & 4th downs because NDSU can't stop them. They just wait for the next MWILL pick 6.

SAV, Hando and his wife have the most fun they have ever, ever had at a Bison game. Section 28 will never be the same.

AG is found laying in a ditch near Crookston, unconsious, naked and painted green & gold. A sign with "Who's your Daddy now, BITCH?" is found nearby. BlueBisonRock is there to photo-document it all. CAS's alibi is "I was busy uploading the latest decibel meter app on my Iphone."

SD and Ming play one-on-one flag football. Ming is winning 72-0, because SD cannot catch him. However, SD's wins by forfeit because Ming is hurt on his last TD, as he is taunting SD and Ming does not see a large, fast, good-looking spectator blind-side him into oblivion.

DjKyRo is carried off the field on the shoulders of his peers. NDSU's football players have a huge cutout of him on the NDSU sideline.

Gabe starts a thread. CABison writes a post about how the passion and excitement is back for NDSU football, the tradition continues, and thanks the predecessors from the 60's, 70's and 80's for starting it all.

And in a surprising turn of events, TAB re-comes out of the closet, and reveals that he is, in fact, a heterosexual. Not that there is anything wrong with that. His wife is confused.

The Bison only score 42 even though MWILL scores 7 TDs??? Does Jazzy miss every PAT??

bri-dog
12-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Bison - 42
Mountain Hawks - 0

Lum throws the ball 69 times, amassing 643 yards of passing. However, MWILL has 7 interceptions, all returned for TD's. He gains 546 return yards on the INT's, for some sort of record. The Bison offense doesn't get 1 snap, allowing DJ's foot, Jensen's toe, Smith's hammy, and Austin's entire body to heal up for the semi-final.

So, the Bison are going to miss 7 extra points?

Yeah, okay. It could happen...

EDIT: Oops, too slow...

Professor Chaos
12-04-2011, 11:59 PM
I watched the replay of the Lehigh/Towson game and came away with a few impressions of the chickenhawks. They throw A LOT of screens; WR bubble screens, HB screens, TE screens, etc. Getting their QB out of his comfort zone is obviously a big priority for every defense they play so this is probably a tactic they use to slow the pass rush a bit. Their RB is not flashy, he's a classic "3 yards and a cloud of dust" type back so if you can stack up the line he will not be effective. Their stud WR Spadola on the other hand is very dynamic with the ball. Looks like they try to get him a few end arounds every game and he does a lot of damage after the catch in the passing game. Lum is excellent at picking out holes in the middle of the field which is not a good sign for us since the Bison defense seems to have a propensity to leave TEs and backs open in the middle and the flats.

Their defense seemed to get stronger against Towson's power run game later in the game, which seems odd since it usually is the other way around. I think they will struggle with NDSU's power run game though. Their secondary also got burnt a few times so look for Holloway to make some noise in this game down the field.

I think Lum puts up big numbers in both completions and yards in this game but he has thrown 15 INTs on the year so he'll give the D a chance or two to make a play. I think the Bison D will stiffen up in the red zone and hold them to FGs and will get an interception or two. Bison win 34-23.

CaBisonFan
12-05-2011, 12:00 AM
Bizon win by 3 touchdowns so that CaBisonFan gets to come to the semifinals on the 16th or 17th.

I'm sure that Bohl will be bringing this up.

Comfortably Numb Bison
12-05-2011, 12:07 AM
Bison - 42
Mountain Hawks - 0

Lum throws the ball 69 times, amassing 643 yards of passing. However, MWILL has 7 interceptions, all returned for TD's. He gains 546 return yards on the INT's, for some sort of record. Jastram tries to drop-kick all the PAT's, missing all of them. The Bison offense doesn't get 1 snap, allowing DJ's foot, Jensen's toe, Smith's hammy, and Austin's entire body to heal up for the semi-final.

Why didnt i make the runtheoption prediction this time...

HandoEX
12-05-2011, 12:46 AM
42 - 17 Bison. After watching alot of tape on Lehigh, i don't see how they can keep in close.

Tatanka
12-05-2011, 01:02 AM
LEHIGH STATS (Regular Season)

Scoring,382
Points per game,34.7

Opponents ppg,18.2

First downs,265

Opp. first downs,198

Rushing yardage,1501

Avg. rushing per game,136.5

Opp. rushing yards,990

Opp. rushing yards per game,90.0

TDs rushing,18

Opp. rushing TDs,8

Passing Yardage,3766 :eek:

Comp-Att-Int,303-456-15

Passing Yards Per Game,342.4 :eek:

bisonaudit
12-05-2011, 01:50 AM
Sounds like rams colts saints type stuff. Not having seen one play I wonder if the thing to do isn't to get very physical with their receivers to disrupt timing.

ndsubison1
12-05-2011, 01:54 AM
lehigh has a great offense. i see us trying to establish our running game early on them and take control of the clock. they will get some points on the board but they do not have that great of a defense.

NDSU 35
Lehigh 27

yellowstreak
12-05-2011, 02:23 AM
NDSU
Much better D good front 7 ( not as good as ND fans seem to think) real stud In Marcus williams at cb, otherwise 2ndary is poor

On O mcNorton a real good rb behind a big good OL QB is much the same as Enders. Most of their wrs missed JMU game so hard to assess. Quick scan does not appear that NDSU has faced any good FCS qbs or passing attacks so far this year. They will be infor a real surprise. This gamewill truly test our D. Can we make it into the last period. We did vs CAA champ

Apparently, Chris Lum is supposed to be better than any QB we've seen this year (according to Lehigh). Hopefully he throws a couple of TD passes to Williams.

CaBisonFan
12-05-2011, 02:26 AM
lehigh has a great offense. i see us trying to establish our running game early on them and take control of the clock. they will get some points on the board but they do not have that great of a defense.

NDSU 35
Lehigh 27

It's the only way that we get to Frisco...especially without more healthy receivers. We're sucking air there.

HandoEX
12-05-2011, 02:27 AM
Apparently, Chris Lum is supposed to be better than any QB we've seen this year (according to Lehigh). Hopefully he throws a couple of TD passes to Williams.
Yeah, he's probably going to win the Walter Payton Award so I'd say he's the best qb we've faced.

gizmo
12-05-2011, 02:45 AM
The first team to 30 wins. Although, I'm worried about this one we will play a cleaner game, have fewer turnovers and control the tempo so we win 34-28 in a nail biter. Oh, and I almost forgot, Lehigh will not deal with the Fargodome and fan noise very well. Welcome to Fargo!

4mcruenomore
12-05-2011, 02:49 AM
Yeah, he's probably going to win the Walter Payton Award so I'd say he's the best qb we've faced.

Well, if Gene would have gotten his stuff together, Goska would have been the best QB we would have faced all year imo. [purple]

CarringtonBison
12-05-2011, 02:50 AM
I think that with smith back, our offense opens up more and they will not stop the running game.
I also think that they will score quite a bit of points, more than we have given up this year.

good guys 45
bad guys 31

Snowgoose
12-05-2011, 03:06 AM
Bison 31
Lehigh 21

I believe we run the ball effectively and lose Bob Babich's playbook and throw one reception over the center of the field.:)

Herd
12-05-2011, 03:59 AM
Bison need to hit Lum early and often to keep him out of a good rythm.
Lum will get rid of it quick, so DBs should be squeezing ths Los and tackling.
Need to shut down their main rusher 22.
Bison need to go up top with the passing game, then gash em with some long runs.
Bison need to control the pace of the game. Lehigh likes to keep possession and bleed you to death.
DL needs to win. Lehigh OL mostly backing up to pass block. Need to run them over on way to QB.
WRs are very good for Lehigh, so are TEs. Need to hit them way more than Towson who was soft on coverage.
Need to defend lots of screens to TEs on QB rollout misdirection. Need to drop people out of rushing QB and be ready to blow up.
Watch 8 on every play,must have rushed or caught passes on 25 plays. Lots of touches.
Towson D sucked. Their mentality of we will outscore you played into Lehighs hands.
To beat Lehigh, need to pressre QB, hit WRs and prevent RAC. Sustain running game to control TOP.

coldspot
12-05-2011, 04:55 AM
Bison- 45
Team with poop for a school color- 21

M Will is LePoop's best receiver. DJ and SO each run for 100+. Jensen 17/21, 2 TD, no INT.

westnodak93bison
12-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Are we gonna see more nickle against Lehigh and their stud QB? Me thinks our #15 could come up huge.

Tatanka
12-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Are we gonna see more nickle against Lehigh and their stud QB? Me thinks our #15 could come up huge.

My thoughts exactly. And #38 should see the field a bit more as well.

mnriverbison
12-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Someone help me feel better. I only was able to catch part of the second quarter last week at work, and the drive I saw MWill kind of got picked on. A PI call where he didn't know where he was and a TD catch over his head a few plays later. Obviously the whole game didn't go that way but I think his challenge gets more difficult and not easier this week. More than anyone he needs to dominate this week.

344Johnson
12-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Someone help me feel better. I only was able to catch part of the second quarter last week at work, and the drive I saw MWill kind of got picked on. A PI call where he didn't know where he was and a TD catch over his head a few plays later. Obviously the whole game didn't go that way but I think his challenge gets more difficult and not easier this week. More than anyone he needs to dominate this week.

Had he picked that first one off...I think the QB gets gunshy about going MWill's way. If he picks that 2nd one off...I think the game is over at that point. For how good of a game our guys played, it was sloppy at times and MWill's play was for once....less than amazing.

runtheoption
12-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Had he picked that first one off...I think the QB gets gunshy about going MWill's way. If he picks that 2nd one off...I think the game is over at that point. For how good of a game our guys played, it was sloppy at times and MWill's play was for once....less than amazing.

Was that TD grab against MWill actually a TD? The replay looked like the guy was flat on his back, out of bounds, before he had control of the ball.

Bisonfan1
12-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Bizon win by 3 touchdowns so that CaBisonFan gets to come to the semifinals on the 16th or 17th.

I'm sure that Bohl will be bringing this up.

Good, and tell that dude in Wyoming, name escapes me, cant remember what he looks like ? havent seen him in quite awhile, believe he wears a cowboy hat, ya know, the grain Belt beer guy, that he is coming also.

Da_Bizon
12-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Thundering Herd: 20
Them: 17

Tatanka
12-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Was that TD grab against MWill actually a TD? The replay looked like the guy was flat on his back, out of bounds, before he had control of the ball.

That play was right in front of my seats. Literally 5-20 feet away. No way he or Marcus for that matter had possession until he was out of bounds. Just sayin.

coldspot
12-05-2011, 03:15 PM
That play was right in front of my seats. Literally 5-20 feet away. No way he or Marcus for that matter had possession until he was out of bounds. Just sayin.

We get instant replay this round, correct?

aces1180
12-05-2011, 03:16 PM
We get instant replay this round, correct?

Bill Fette...enough said.

bisonmike2
12-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Heagle is back, right? No way M-Will has 2 bad games in a row. I like how much pressure our d-line can put on a QB. I think we can squeeze a couple of picks out of this kid. What worries me about this game is that if we get a lead will we have trouble closing them out? We've seen this D go into sleep mode, we almost let W. Illinois back in. This Lehigh team is set up perfectly to score points from behind.

344Johnson
12-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Heagle is back, right? No way M-Will has 2 bad games in a row. I like how much pressure our d-line can put on a QB. I think we can squeeze a couple of picks out of this kid. What worries me about this game is that if we get a lead will we have trouble closing them out? We've seen this D go into sleep mode, we almost let W. Illinois back in. This Lehigh team is set up perfectly to score points from behind.

I think closing a great passing team out is obviously pretty difficult. I think that Bohl and Company will have the team ready.

westnodak93bison
12-05-2011, 04:02 PM
If they run a 3-4 defense are we going to use Richard at center?

BisonNeil
12-05-2011, 04:13 PM

Well, Lum is one of the three finalists for the Walther Payton award.

BisonNeil
12-05-2011, 04:27 PM
The matchups this week are interesting to me. For the sake of comparison, I am including Towson State in this analysis since that is who Lehigh just laid 40 pts on to get to Fargo.

In red zone defense none of the teams blow anybody out of the water, however, NDSU is the better of the three coming in #37 while TSU was #50, Lehigh is not in the top 50. Advantage NDSU.

In rush defense, NDSU is #19, Towson was #41, Lehigh is not in the top 50. BIG advantage to NDSU.

In pass defense NDSU is #45, neither TSU or Lehigh is in the top 50. Advantage NDSU.

In sacks, NDSU is #18, Towson is not in the top 50, Lehigh is #9. This is an advantage for Lehigh, with rookie WRs, Jensen will need time (we need Smith!).

In scoring defense, NDSU is #2, Lehigh is #18, Towson was unranked. Obviously that is why Lehigh out-scored Towson, NDSU should do much better. Advantage NDSU.

In total defense the results are a bit surprising; NDSU is #23, Lehigh is #17, and Towson was unranked. Their overall defense is not too bad which is exemplified by Lehigh's game against Towson. Towson came in with the #11 rush offense averaging 230 yds/gm and only got 125. This will be a key for NDSU, especially since NDSU has only the #50 rush offense. Given how close the total defense figures are between NDSU and TSU, this is a push.

I don't like the fact that Lehigh runs a 3-4. I question how well NDSU has played against that type of defense with the exception of Mizzou State. Regardless, NDSU will have to establish the run, take time off the clock, and keep Crum off the field to limit his scoring opportunities.

HerdBot
12-05-2011, 04:37 PM
I like this matchup.

Our strength is our D-line rushing the passer and our secondary. We have depth and can get to the QB. THese guys like to throw throw throw. Their QB has some great stats but he also has 15 picks. The Tampa 2 makes them play a perfect game. They will move the ball but we will get turnovers. The crowd will make it tough on the QB and this is the best defense they have seen all year.

Their defense has good numbers but against good teams they have been terrible. They allowed 48 to New Hampshire and 38 to Towson. We will be somewhere in that range. They run the 3-4 but we have several games under our belt and have figured it out.

Bison will win. No prediction necessary but I'll say Bison by 1.

MNLonghorn10
12-05-2011, 04:43 PM
we're gonna pisspound these fuckers back to that shithole stadium they came out of.

ndsu 30

lehigh -7

Lehigh Owl
12-05-2011, 04:55 PM
I like this matchup.

Our strength is our D-line rushing the passer and our secondary. We have depth and can get to the QB. THese guys like to throw throw throw. Their QB has some great stats but he also has 15 picks. The Tampa 2 makes them play a perfect game. They will move the ball but we will get turnovers. The crowd will make it tough on the QB and this is the best defense they have seen all year.

Their defense has good numbers but against good teams they have been terrible. They allowed 48 to New Hampshire and 38 to Towson. We will be somewhere in that range. They run the 3-4 but we have several games under our belt and have figured it out.

Bison will win. No prediction necessary but I'll say Bison by 1.

UNH and Towson have two of the best offenses in the country. Not many teams have been able to stop either team. Towson put up 40 on Maine and 56 on UNH.

CaBisonFan
12-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Good, and tell that dude in Wyoming, name escapes me, cant remember what he looks like ? havent seen him in quite awhile, believe he wears a cowboy hat, ya know, the grain Belt beer guy, that he is coming also.

Yep...WYO...git off yir ass and come to Fargo.

HerdBot
12-05-2011, 05:15 PM
UNH and Towson have two of the best offenses in the country. Not many teams have been able to stop either team. Towson put up 40 on Maine and 56 on UNH.

True. I don't dispute they have good offenses but giving up points is giving up points. Our offense is pretty good too so there is no reason to believe your defense will shut us down. We average nearly 35 points per game and our competition has been better. You guys have yet to shut down a good offense this year so until that happens, it's a major mismatch. Could it happen? We'll know on Saturday.

I think the biggest matchup will be our defense vs your offense. You guys have a very dynamic pasing attack. If your QB plays his best game of the year and doesn't turn the ball over you will have a chance to win.

Should be a good game but I like the matchup, especially with the home field.

CAS4127
12-05-2011, 05:26 PM
One major factor missing from all the stats is how physical a team plays. Against JMU, it was very obvious that we were way more physical on both offense, defense and ST's. Also, whatever speed JMU had must have been left in Hburg, cuz I just did not see it. In fact, overall we were a faster team the JMU.

We'll see how much difference these "non-statistical" factors play out against Lehigh-->we witnessed how they did against JMU!

DjKyRo
12-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Video highlights of Lehigh-Towson. Get to the analysis/breakdown, CAS and company.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2HpJwbMNiUY

CAS4127
12-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Well, neither plays D very well, that's for sure. Analyzing them in any detail by watching a highlight video is pretty difficult. Looked like several broken coverages and missed tackles, but on the coverages, it would be nice to see how the throw-to pattern was developed if it was something other than just a blown coverage. Neither team looks as physical as us, but, again, difficult to tell by a highlight video.

One thing for sure tho, we need to stay at home and perform our assignments on defense.

aces1180
12-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Video highlights of Lehigh-Towson. Get to the analysis/breakdown, CAS and company.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2HpJwbMNiUY

Just watching the clip, I see two things that immediately stick out....

1. We need to tackle better than Towson...There was a lot of YAC for Lehigh.

2. Towson was able to run through some big holes. I imagine our rams will dominate their D line.

CAS4127
12-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Also Lehigh's QB seems to get the ball out quickly on the shorter patterns, so we will need to tighten up a bit on the outside WR's. Didn't see much pressure on the longer throws, but, again, this is a highlight video, not a lowlight!!

BisonNeil
12-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Our strength is our D-line rushing the passer and our secondary. We have depth and can get to the QB.

Yeah, I don't know about that. Lehigh has only given up 15 sacks, probably because they run so many screens and quick openers. The Bison have given up 18 sacks with a lot fewer passing attempts. I wouldn't count on getting sacks. Hurries would be good though :)

HerdBot
12-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Yeah, I don't know about that. Lehigh has only given up 15 sacks, probably because they run so many screens and quick openers. The Bison have given up 18 sacks with a lot fewer passing attempts. I wouldn't count on getting sacks. Hurries would be good though :)

The offensive and defensive stats really don't matter since they are against weak teams but on that short highlights it looks like a lot of short 2-3 step drops in the middle. They could exploit that against our defense that keeps everything underneath. Maybe try jam the receivers at the line a little more than we normally do or run some zone blitzes or drop the lineman in coverage.

BisonNeil
12-05-2011, 06:24 PM

You are right. Lehigh scores slightly more than 35 pts/gm (#12) and Towson was just under 35 (#13), the differential between both teams was less than a 1/2 point.

But as pointed out, NDSU can score also. They are #21 in the country with 33 pts/gm, only two points less than Lehigh.

But a key here is the differential between the offenses and defenses that will be playing each other. While Lehigh is used to scoring 35 pts, the Bison are used to giving up less than 15 pts/gm, a differential of 20 pts. Lehigh expects to give up 20 pts per game, while NDSU expects to score 33, a 13 pt differential.

Defense wins games and championships. I like our odds of both with NDSUs defense than I do Lehigh's chances.

But, these are just stats, the game needs to be played. Ball control and winning the TO margin will be the ultimate keys to the game.

BisonNeil
12-05-2011, 06:26 PM
2. Towson was able to run through some big holes. I imagine our rams will dominate their D line.

They couldn't have been too big, Towson only rushed for 125 yds.

CAS4127
12-05-2011, 06:26 PM
The offensive and defensive stats really don't matter since they are against weak teams but on that short highlights it looks like a lot of short 2-3 step drops in the middle. They could exploit that against our defense that keeps everything underneath. Maybe try jam the receivers at the line a little more than we normally do or run some zone blitzes and drop the lineman in coverage.

I wonder if the QB does "check with me's" at the LOS-->sort of like an audible. If so, we have to be loud again, if not more loud!!

MNLonghorn10
12-05-2011, 06:30 PM
i couldnt name 1 other patriot league team besides lafeyette..just cause we played them.

who there was worth a shit...or did lehigh beat on a bunch of pansies?

CAS4127
12-05-2011, 06:31 PM
They couldn't have been too big, Towson only rushed for 125 yds.

Your quote:

In rush defense, NDSU is #19, Towson was #41, Lehigh is not in the top 50. BIG advantage to NDSU.

When you get into a shoot-out like the Towson v. Lehigh game was, it's hard to stay in the game with a methodical running game. We need to get stops and then have long, sustained drives. They will then need to take more chances, and I like that scenario.

HerdBot
12-05-2011, 06:33 PM
I wonder if the QB does "check with me's" at the LOS-->sort of like an audible. If so, we have to be loud again, if not more loud!!

Obvioulsy Patriot league games don't create a ton of noise. The dome is a different animal.

BisonNeil
12-05-2011, 07:01 PM
i couldnt name 1 other patriot league team besides lafeyette..just cause we played them.

who there was worth a shit...or did lehigh beat on a bunch of pansies?

That is definitely a good point/question.

Lehigh beat NDSUs common opponent 37-13. Lafayette went 1-4 in the Patriot and 4-7 overall.

Of note, the only loss Lehigh had this year was to New Hampshire early in the season, 41-48. New Hampshire, you will recall, lost to Montana State this weekend when they missed the extra point at the end of the game that would have tied it up.

KC Bison
12-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Has anyone compared the size/weight of our D-line and O-line with the lines of Lehigh? Last week, there was a fairly large differential in weight between the Bison and James Madison and seemed to have the clear edge when we were running the ball.

bisonmike2
12-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Isn't our D-backs coach from UNI? Didn't UNI get beat by Lehigh last year? I've got to think that will weigh in our favor come this weekend.

tony
12-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Has anyone compared the size/weight of our D-line and O-line with the lines of Lehigh? Last week, there was a fairly large differential in weight between the Bison and James Madison and seemed to have the clear edge when we were running the ball.

Their defensive line averages 6-5, 272
Their offensive line averages 6-4, 289 plus their FB, Haggin, is a 6-1, 230lb bowling ball (good speed too but, no, he doesn't have a carry this year :) but he has caught 25 passes, 12 ypc.)

bisonsupporter
12-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Before I make my prediction....i am not familiar with lehigh. I am assuming a spread short pass west coast type of offense. Lum (from what I have read) should be the payton award winner. I have also read that he is mobile. How mobile? How does he handle pressure? Can anyone get pressure because of the short passing game? Any specific info on Lehigh's offense is what i am looking for.

CAS4127
12-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Before I make my prediction....i am not familiar with lehigh. I am assuming a spread short pass west coast type of offense. Lum (from what I have read) should be the payton award winner. I have also read that he is mobile. How mobile? How does he handle pressure? Can anyone get pressure because of the short passing game? Any specific info on Lehigh's offense is what i am looking for.

They pass out of multiple sets/formations and AND ARE NOT a short-pass/west coast offense from what my "research" tells me. They will run short, quick passes tho, but they also stretch the field both down the middle/seams and with deep flag patterns. Their QB has good size and is mobile, although he does not seem to be as accurate when he is rolling out and or being pressured. They mix in the run enough to keep a D honest.

I am happy in knowing that we have UNI's DC as our DB coach this year-->recally Lehigh went to the almighting UNI dome last year and beat our conference champion. We better be ready to play, with no letdowns anywhere.

Castor Troy
12-05-2011, 08:51 PM
It has been mentioned that Lehigh plays a weak schedule, but I wanted to understand this belief a bit further. We know that Lafayette is the only common opponent between us, but I took a look at their opponents' schedules to see if there was anything interesting and this is what I found:

Monmouth- beat St. Francis by 3, who lost to NDSU 56-3
Yale- lost to Lafayette
Fordham- lost to Lafayette
Colgate- lost to Lafayette by 13
Holy Cross- only beat Lafayette by 5, and only lost to Lehigh 14-7
Georgetown- only beat Lafayette by 1
Princeton- 1-10 team that actually had more first downs than Lehigh
Lafayette- lost to NDSU 42-6

So 8 of their wins were against teams that either lost or were in the meatgrinder with teams that we destroyed, or they had one win even though it looks like they had some success on offense against them. I would ask for the New Hampshire game, the Towson game, and the Holy Cross game for planning purposes if I were the coach.

NDSUstudent
12-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Against UNI last year Lehigh scored 14 points

Their QB was....18/37, 1 INT, 2 TD....he also ran for 32 yards...Lehigh rushed for 69 yards on 24 attempts. Yes, I think having UNI's D-Cord could pay off big, the Panthers obviously did a great job at shutting them down.

What killed UNI was that they had four turnovers while Lehigh only had 2. UNI's QB last year also struggled in passing the football times, he definitely struggled in that game(I believe he may have been pulled from the game at some point).

MNLonghorn10
12-05-2011, 09:16 PM
It has been mentioned that Lehigh plays a weak schedule, but I wanted to understand this belief a bit further. We know that Lafayette is the only common opponent between us, but I took a look at their opponents' schedules to see if there was anything interesting and this is what I found:

Monmouth- beat St. Francis by 3, who lost to NDSU 56-3
Yale- lost to Lafayette
Fordham- lost to Lafayette
Colgate- lost to Lafayette by 13
Holy Cross- only beat Lafayette by 5, and only lost to Lehigh 14-7
Georgetown- only beat Lafayette by 1
Princeton- 1-10 team that actually had more first downs than Lehigh
Lafayette- lost to NDSU 42-6

So 8 of their wins were against teams that either lost or were in the meatgrinder with teams that we destroyed, or they had one win even though it looks like they had some success on offense against them. I would ask for the New Hampshire game, the Towson game, and the Holy Cross game for planning purposes if I were the coach.
rotfl...what some crap. this is a huge upset if lehigh somehow wins, probably worse than the youngstown loss

Mr. Burgundy
12-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Lafayette was garbage. My goodness. That was a junior varsity ball club just looking for some reps and a paycheck. I am sure we paid for their charter and everyone was happy. The Missouri Valley has prepared us to play playoff football.

ndsubison1
12-05-2011, 09:44 PM

good thing we have instant replay this week

Kermit
12-05-2011, 09:46 PM
good thing we have instant replay this week

I see what you did there. :facepalm:

td577
12-05-2011, 09:48 PM
I think the Bison defense can keep Lehigh under 24 points. I am going to take the 14 we give up on average and give them 10 more because they are a high powered offense. I also think our defense will score 7 with a pick 6. Our offense will run and then run and for good measure, run some more. 3 offensive TDs and a FG. So the final score will be 31-24 Bison.

The Bison will win the TOP game because they are willing to grind out first downs and eat up the clock. When Lehigh effectively moves the ball, it will be in large chunks. The 4th Quarter will belong to the Bison. Our defensive front rotation will take a toll on their offensive line.

The absolute key to the game is grinding out first downs. Like JMU, Lehigh will have to play a perfect game to have a chance. Even if they are perfect, it will require a lot of breaks to go their way. The Bison just have to take care of the ball and run, run, run.

By the way, I think Lehigh will try to jump the 10 and out patterns, so I hope there is an effort to utilize the TEs more.

Lehigh Owl
12-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Lafayette was garbage. My goodness. That was a junior varsity ball club just looking for some reps and a paycheck. I am sure we paid for their charter and everyone was happy. The Missouri Valley has prepared us to play playoff football.

One interesting fact is the PL is 3-1 all time against the MVFC Champ in the playoffs. Lehigh's schedule is a little tougher than you might think. Liberty is a talented team but a bit of an enigma. Holy Cross and Georgetown were solid as well.

1999 Colgate 13 @ Illinois State 56
2000 Lehigh 37 @ Western Illinois 7
2003 Western Illinois 27 @ Colgate 28 (Colgate went to the national title game)
2010 Lehigh 14 @ Nothern Iowa 7

Lafayette was terrible this year and isn't a good indicator of the top PL teams. The fall of their program is a bit shocking.

With all that said I think NDSU would fairly be a 7-10 point favorite.

KUlawJack
12-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Good Luck on Saturday. I will be cheering for you guys.

NDSU 27
Lehigh 17

Even if UNI winning would great for the league, there is no way I can cheer for them. However, since they play Montana, I will just cheer for a massive snowstorm.

KSBisonFan
12-06-2011, 12:24 AM
Bison 30
Lehigh 23

Bison get 3 picks including a pick six, the announcers are terrible, DJ and Sam both get 100 yds and we move on. Go Herd!!!

CHADSTAUS
12-06-2011, 12:31 AM
Herd= 38

Lelow= 20

Take it to the bank.

X-Factor
12-06-2011, 12:36 AM
Bison 48
chicklets 27

BadlandsBison
12-06-2011, 12:36 AM
How big are their lines?

squarepeg
12-06-2011, 02:24 AM
Bison 38
Le jr high 13

on to the next round

GSUDeltaChi
12-06-2011, 02:42 AM
I was able to watch a little of both teams. NDSU clearly looks like the bigger team in this showdown. However, the explosive passing offense of Lehigh could be challenging especially on the quick out passes or tight end drags across the middle. Selfishly I'd like to see LU win so GSU has another home game(if we beat Maine), but in reality it will be NDSU on top.
NDSU 35, LU 24.

ndsubison1
12-06-2011, 04:38 AM
anybody else concerned with our defense towards the end of the half and even late in the game? we gave up another td towards the end of the 2nd with like 30 seconds left. ysu and wiu comes to mind. seems like a concern with an offense like lehigh, who can chip away at you with the short passes but can also go deep on you. i hope we dont get into a situation where they have the ball late in the 4th with a chance to win the game

CAS4127
12-06-2011, 02:51 PM
anybody else concerned with our defense towards the end of the half and even late in the game? we gave up another td towards the end of the 2nd with like 30 seconds left. ysu and wiu comes to mind. seems like a concern with an offense like lehigh, who can chip away at you with the short passes but can also go deep on you. i hope we dont get into a situation where they have the ball late in the 4th with a chance to win the game

I am a bit. JMU used a trick-type play to score on us, and we bit hook, line and sinker. Lehigh has similar trick plays, including a handoff up the middle to the FB/TB who then stops and tosses it to the slot or TE. As aggressive as we are against the run, I hope we don't bite on something like that.

CarringtonBison
12-06-2011, 03:08 PM
anybody else concerned with our defense towards the end of the half and even late in the game? we gave up another td towards the end of the 2nd with like 30 seconds left. ysu and wiu comes to mind. seems like a concern with an offense like lehigh, who can chip away at you with the short passes but can also go deep on you. i hope we dont get into a situation where they have the ball late in the 4th with a chance to win the game see also: EWU game last year with that exact scenario

bisonmike2
12-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Wonder if they are going to kick to M-Will and Smith (crossing fingers that Smith will be okay to go) or if they just hand us the ball at the 40? Teams being scared of our return game have really helped out our starting position.

CAS4127
12-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Wonder if they are going to kick to M-Will and Smith (crossing fingers that Smith will be okay to go) or if they just hand us the ball at the 40? Teams being scared of our return game have really helped out our starting position.

MWill and a 100%DJ on kick returns-->pick your poision Lehigh!!!

westnodak93bison
12-06-2011, 04:06 PM
No way we overlook this team after they beat UNI last year. Plenty of motivation imho facing a stud QB and receiver.

semobison
12-06-2011, 06:33 PM
No way we overlook this team after they beat UNI last year. Plenty of motivation imho facing a stud QB and receiver.

It would be foolish to overlook anybody still playing at this time of the year!

SDbison
12-06-2011, 07:07 PM
It's the playoffs and I don't see the Bison overlooking anybody. I hope the Bison shore up some things and play an even more intense and intimating game this Saturday as a #2 seed should. Sure Lehigh's QB is good, but how inflated are their stats. Just think what NDSU's stats would be if the Bison played Lafayette and St Francis 4 times each this year. Lehigh's conference schedule is weak and the majority of their season is against cream puffs. Seems Lehigh plays up for the big games and can cause trouble if an opponent doesn't bring their A game and also makes mistakes. NDSU team and crowd take control in this game.
Bison win by at least 2 TD's. 41-24 is my prediction.

tony
12-06-2011, 07:41 PM
With their outstanding QB, I'd expect Lehigh to try stretching the field with Spadola.

Be interesting to see how NDSU's defense responds because NDSU has mostly gone up against offenses with running QBs. Matt Brown, Austin Sumner, and Kurt Hess are the only three anywhere near as good as Lum - and Hess absolutely carved up NDSU.

The defense at least has to slow them down and hopefully stretch drives out to enough plays to get a turnover.

TateMosersneighbor
12-06-2011, 08:56 PM
With their outstanding QB, I'd expect Lehigh to try stretching the field with Spadola.

Be interesting to see how NDSU's defense responds because NDSU has mostly gone up against offenses with running QBs. Matt Brown, Austin Sumner, and Kurt Hess are the only three anywhere near as good as Lum - and Hess absolutely carved up NDSU.

The defense at least has to slow them down and hopefully stretch drives out to enough plays to get a turnover.

LeHigh will throw it 50+ times. Plenty of shotgun and a hurry up attitude all game. We need to ensure that their QB has a very good look at the FD ceiling all game long.

CAS4127
12-06-2011, 09:00 PM
LeHigh will throw it 50+ times. Plenty of shotgun and a hurry up attitude all game. We need to ensure that their QB has a very good look at the FD ceiling all game long.

Why are pictures of those long passes against us by YSU and ISU starting to float through my head. Remember those? Busted coverages that lead to big gains-->one was even a TD if I am visualizing it correctly.

semobison
12-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Hess had a great day against us but a big part of that was YSU was able to run the ball! 217 yards passing and 214 on the ground! We struggled against a very balanced offense! If Lehigh scraps the run completly, I like our chances!

Bison"FANatic"
12-06-2011, 09:09 PM
The difference with both of them was they had ISU and YSU both had a running game. Even the Leghigh guy says he doesn't expect them to run between the tackles much. I bet the interior D linemen are licking their lips, rush the passer and just have keys to recognize the few runs and a screen and the rest of the time try to put a hurt on the QB. It could be a fun game for them.

Their QB does look like he has a quick release on some of the plays on some of the highlights which could pose some problems but if we can pressure him I feel good about jumping a route when he is under pressure and makes a bad decision. The crowd being loud will hopefully help to make calling a audible difficult and hopefully a hand signal or two will be missed.

NDSUstudent
12-06-2011, 11:02 PM
You know what is interesting? On AGS there is a 35 page thread about the game...not one post mentions Lehigh's running back. Even Andrew Luck had a 1k yard back helping him out.

Swaghook
12-06-2011, 11:16 PM
From what I'm hearing I expect tot see a game much like when SHSU came to town with their pass happy offense. I think our pass D is much better then it was then so it will be interesting to see what LU does if we shut them out in the passing game.

Gully
12-06-2011, 11:18 PM
From what I'm hearing I expect tot see a game much like when SHSU came to town with their pass happy offense. I think our pass D is much better then it was then so it will be interesting to see what LU does if we shut them out in the passing game.

Really? Wasn't that the defense with Mays, Humber, and Dahl on it? Or do I have my years mixed up?

Swaghook
12-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Really? Wasn't that the defense with Mays, Humber, and Dahl on it? Or do I have my years mixed up?We had good line backers how about corners? I can't name them off hand as I recall we were very thin at corners for a couple years.

Gully
12-06-2011, 11:21 PM
We had good line backers how about corners? I can't name them off hand as I recall we were very thin at corners for a couple years.

Fair enough, I can't recall them either.

NDSUstudent
12-06-2011, 11:24 PM
To be fair SHSU's QB ran for 100 yards, when a QB can do that plus throw like he did it really puts the defense in conflict.

Swaghook
12-06-2011, 11:28 PM
To be fair SHSU's QB ran for 100 yards, when a QB can do that plus throw like he did it really puts the defense in conflict.

True he was a run threat in fact their best rusher. I just hope we don't see a shootout because even with his poor completion ratio we squeaked by in the end to win. I feel a lot better about this years pass D then I did that year.

NDSU vs SHSU game summary:
http://www.gobearkats.com/downloads1/25760.HTM?ATCLID=1258046&SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_OEM_ID=19900

ndsubison1
12-07-2011, 12:36 AM
We had good line backers how about corners? I can't name them off hand as I recall we were very thin at corners for a couple years.

david earl and john richardson were both pretty solid

Swaghook
12-07-2011, 12:39 AM
david earl and john richardson were both pretty solidbut didn't they have to play pretty much 100% of the time when our D was on the field no back ups to speak of.

DjKyRo
12-07-2011, 12:45 AM
Denarius McGhee put up ridiculous numbers in a better conference last year and we handled him just fine. Lum is obviously talented but it's not like Peyton Manning is watching NDSU's game tape and taking it apart right now.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-07-2011, 02:20 AM
This game is going to be closer than some on here want to believe. We ranked 7th in the conference in passing defense, giving up and average of 226 ypg., in a conference that isn't know for having great passing offenses. We have given up huge chunks of yardage between the twenties and it wasn't by design either. We are going to have to tighten up our pass defense or get pressure on their QB. If we can't do one or both it is going to be the end of the trail for us. I don't like this match-up for us. I'm way more comfortable with us playing Ga. Southern than Lehigh. We defend the run way better than the pass.

But, with all that being said, the Bison have always been a great playoff team. I think we will rise the the occasion once again and find a way to put pressure on their QB.

Bison 31
Lehigh 24

heckler
12-07-2011, 03:53 AM
For some reason I am feeling good about this game. If they don't score by the time they get to our twenty we will hold them to field goals, and I will take that all day long. Plus, even if the rumor isn't true their team feels diseased at this point.

jeffdaryl3rd
12-07-2011, 04:31 AM
From Sagarin's Predictor: NDSU 70.40 - Lehigh 61.25 + 3 points for home-field = 12.15. So I'm going to take NDSU by two touchdowns.

extremerouge
12-07-2011, 04:36 PM
What is the status on Smith and Heagle?

Bison03
12-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Not to beat a dead horse even more but I have a theory regarding Spadola and why there have been rumors but nothing official. If he is indeed suspended, don't you think Lehigh coaches would hold off giving out that info until Saturday so that our game plan in practice would be the same until we get the news?

aces1180
12-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Not to beat a dead horse even more but I have a theory regarding Spadola and why there have been rumors but nothing official. If he is indeed suspended, don't you think Lehigh coaches would hold off giving out that info until Saturday so that our game plan in practice would be the same until we get the news?

According to Dom Izzo, there is nothing new to report and for the moment he is slated to play.

https://twitter.com/#!/DomIzzoWDAY

EmeraldCityBison
12-07-2011, 07:32 PM

I thought about this too. Could be. Yesterday Kolpak tweeted that the Lehigh coach inexplicably postponed an interview. But just a few minutes ago, Dom tweeted that the coach had nothing new to report and, for the moment, Spadola will play Saturday. Who knows....

BadlandsBison
12-07-2011, 07:35 PM
According to Dom Izzo, there is nothing new to report and for the moment he is slated to play.

https://twitter.com/#!/DomIzzoWDAY

Good. Bring them on at full strength

CAS4127
12-07-2011, 08:18 PM

It doesn't and shouldn't matter to us. If he plays, we are prepared for that. If he does not, their offense has just become more limited, which we will have also prepared for by preparing for their entire offensive scheme. It's not like they are just gonna come in here and suddenly become a running team that pulverizes us.

bisoningrandforks
12-07-2011, 08:28 PM
bisssons...33...chickenhawks.....23

bisonsupporter
12-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Lehigh- 17
BISON-35

nuff said!

Bison03
12-07-2011, 09:05 PM
I think we give up some yards early through the air. Hopefully our "bend but don't break" defense holds them in the redzone. I think we adjust sometime in the second quarter or early second half and make them a little one dimensional. Make them try and run the ball on us. We put extra coverage in and get a couple of turnovers. Something we did not get last week, other than the last play of the game. On offense, we need to do the same as last week. Run, run, and run some more. DJ and Sam need big games. Their D gives up a lot of points. With a healthy Ryan Smith, I think Brock can pick them apart. I think the turnover battle it the determining factor. If we can force 2 or more turnovers without turning it over ourselves, I like our chances. MWILL is hungry for redemption after last week. I see a close game going into the fourth quarter, then we take over.

Lehigh- 21
Bison- 34

Notorious
12-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Historically, running teams beat us...I like our chances against a pass-happy team.

Bisons - 27
Hawks - 17

Tatanka
12-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Great interview with John Pike:

http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/55856/group/Sports/

Nicely done, Dom!

KTF
12-07-2011, 11:27 PM
I think the first two drives are going to be key. The first drive is always our worst on defense. If we can slow or stop them on the first drive this will be really telling.

56BISON73
12-08-2011, 02:29 AM
Lehighs O-line weighs between 265 to 290. Most in the 280-290. D-line 245-290. Most around 280.

X-Factor
12-08-2011, 02:55 AM
Lehighs O-line weighs between 265 to 290. Most in the 280-290. D-line 245-290. Most around 280.

The sausage man brings up a good point, and a couple of things to put into consideration:

1. Lehigh is this good because they have a fantastic QB and a fantastic WR. The Bison are much more balanced talent wise across the roster, and I think that will tell you that NDSU will enjoy success more consistently year-to-year and can better weather the injury storm. Lehigh is all or nothing, hence all of the talk about whether Spadola will be suspended or not.

that brings me to my second point:

2. The line of scrimmage is where Lehigh will most likely struggle mightily in this game. NDSU has the depth and talent that Lehigh just can't match at those positions. When NDSU can rotate 6/7/8 guys on the Defensive Line alone that is a huge advantage.

Can Lum and Spadola overcome that? I dunno, but whatever the outcome of this game, I would expect it to be a very painful ordeal for Lum and their D-line should be very gassed by the 4th quarter. Whether or not that translates into a win for NDSU remains to be seen. If Lehigh wins, they will certainly have earned it, but would then have a much more difficult task with Maine considering they would in all likelyhood be playing beat up. The Bison are a physical team; Lehigh will not leave the Fargodome without experiencing that first hand.

CaBisonFan
12-08-2011, 03:01 AM
Boyer & Co. will show Le' Hig the way to Bethlehem.

It's the best overall defense that they'll have seen. We'll be in the low to mid 30s...and they'll be in the low to mid 20s. Mostly sunny for us. Besides...I'm comin' to the damn game on the 16th or 17th. The Bison had better frackin' show up.

BigBison
12-08-2011, 03:04 AM
How good is Lehighs O-Line for there QB to be that good he must have a lot of time back there to pass. Hopefully our D-Line will put there QB on his back sometimes. I CANT WAIT!!!!

CaBisonFan
12-08-2011, 03:11 AM
How good is Lehighs O-Line for there QB to be that good he must have a lot of time back there to pass. Hopefully our D-Line will put there QB on his back sometimes. I CANT WAIT!!!!

Ohhhh...it'll happen BigBison. Their qb will be doing some serious inspection of the FD ceiling. It'll be partly blurry.

Old Lehigh Fan
12-08-2011, 03:15 AM
The Lehigh O-Line has been more effective than Lehigh observers expected pre-season. Lum has shown good form with his mobility in cases where they have been beaten. He's a decent running quarterback as well. By the way, your defensive size is nothing they haven't dealt with before.

CaBisonFan
12-08-2011, 03:20 AM
The Lehigh O-Line has been more effective than Lehigh observers expected pre-season. Lum has shown good form with his mobility in cases where they have been beaten. He's a decent running quarterback as well. By the way, your defensive size is nothing they haven't dealt with before.

No doubt they've been effective if your qb has passed so much. It's going to be interesting to see how he plays on the sideline...as in...watching his D play.

westnodak93bison
12-08-2011, 03:53 AM
betus.com has NDSU -9 1/2
Sam Houston -8 1/2
Georgia Southern -7 1/2
and no line for UNI vs. Montana?
http://www.betus.com.pa/sportsbook/lines.aspx

devin45k
12-08-2011, 04:22 AM
betus.com has NDSU -9 1/2
Sam Houston -8 1/2
Georgia Southern -7 1/2
and no line for UNI vs. Montana?
http://www.betus.com.pa/sportsbook/lines.aspx

Honestly I cannot pick any team in this playoff field to win except for the Bison of course

cards07
12-08-2011, 04:35 AM
http://www.patriotleague.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120711aaa.html

Go to Google News and type in "Lehigh NDSU" and a ton of news stories pop up

NDSU92
12-08-2011, 05:19 AM
Love how all these teams reference things that have happened in years past and against teams that have nothing to do with NDSU...how'd that work out for JMU?

IzzyFlexion
12-08-2011, 12:07 PM
http://www.geraldbrimacombe.com/The%20Rockies/Wyoming%20-%20Yellowstone%20NP-%20American%20Bison-winter.jpg : 40

http://www.pleasedancewithme.com/ClipArtBrokeBackMountainLedgerGyllenhaal.jpghttp://www.meatshopoftacoma.com/catalog/images/ham_hock_2.jpg : 13

westnodak93bison
12-08-2011, 02:05 PM
http://nationalsportsrankings.com/index.php?option=com_oneonone
this site says NDSU 33 Lehigh 19 and NDSU wins 94 of 100 at home.

Interesting tidbit. NDSU 2006 and 2007 teams both beat NDSU 2011

Snowgoose
12-08-2011, 03:17 PM
I would have given this team in the middle of the year a draw against the NDSU 06 and 07 teams, but I feel this team is not playing quite as good as they were in the first half of the year. The 06 07 teams currently have 3 players (all defensive players even though we had a better offense that year than this year) in the NFL right now and had many others get try outs or make a team for a year so that is really not surprising to me. Plus, these teams really did not have anything to play for after the Gophers game except for pride. I think if they were making a playoff run that 07 team would have finished undefeated and we would have had an unbelievable ride through the playoffs. Remember that 07 team destroyed Central Michigan who won the MAC that year.

CAS4127
12-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Back on topic: Thinking more about this game, I hope we get up by a couple of TD's if not by 17, as I think Lehigh is going to pull out all stops on offense. Look for trick plays that take advantage of our aggressiveness (think the JMU reverse pass last weekend) and delayed wheel routes by their backs. Those types of plays can go for TD's in a hurry; thus the 14-17 point advantage I want in place. Perhaps Baudit is thinking correctly in having us take the ball and try to score right away, although we need to win the toss to have that choice. Even if we do have the choice though, I bet we defer.

I'm starting to focus waaaaaay to much on this game for a Thursday morning . . . . . . . . .

bisonmike2
12-08-2011, 03:35 PM

hard to argue with that. How many guys from the 2006 and 2007 had shots with or are still on NFL rosters? Maybe we'll get that many NFL'ers out of the 2011 team but at this point I'd put them as being better than this year's squad. It's a shame they didn't get to prove it in the playoffs.

bisonsupporter
12-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Back on topic: Thinking more about this game, I hope we get up by a couple of TD's if not by 17, as I think Lehigh is going to pull out all stops on offense. Look for trick plays that take advantage of our aggressiveness (think the JMU reverse pass last weekend) and delayed wheel routes by their backs. Those types of plays can go for TD's in a hurry; thus the 14-17 point advantage I want in place. Perhaps Baudit is thinking correctly in having us take the ball and try to score right away, although we need to win the toss to have that choice. Even if we do have the choice though, I bet we defer.

I'm starting to focus waaaaaay to much on this game for a Thursday morning . . . . . . . . .

I have to disagree with this for this reason. I believe the first half will be both teams feeling each other out. Therefore I think both teams will stick with their bread and butter. I would rather get the ball at the start of the 3rd after adjustments have been made.

CAS4127
12-08-2011, 03:53 PM
I have to disagree with this for this reason. I believe the first half will be both teams feeling each other out. Therefore I think both teams will stick with their bread and butter. I would rather get the ball at the start of the 3rd after adjustments have been made.

Like the last sentence of my post stated, I doubt we will defer-->I said that for the exact same reason you state. Otherwise, I hope we do not spend the entire first half feeling these guys out. I hope our offensive game plan is successful from the start, and that we put up at least 17-21 points in the first half. That may require them to make adjustments during the first half, which, in turn, will allow us at the half to make adjustments to their adjustments. What I am getting at is that Lehigh has a defensive gameplan in place, and has already thought of adjustments it will make if the preferred plan does not work. If our offense is successful early in defeating their preferred defensive game plan, and our D has held their O in check, Lehigh might be forced to show their defensive adjustments before halftime. That would be ideal (obviously).

Bison03
12-08-2011, 04:00 PM

For fun I thought I would see how we would fare against und. NDSU wins 96 out of 100 at und, and 100 out of 100 at home. Average score score 34-12. Not shocking at all. I am also not shocked at seeing the 06/07 teams beating this years team. However, the 2012 and 2013 teams may turn out to be better then all of them.

bisonaudit
12-08-2011, 04:39 PM

Deriving from Sagarin NDSU wins 82 of 100 at home, and puts the point spread at NDSU -12.5. If I force Sagarin's point spread to 14 I get NDSU winning 85 of 100, which says to me that I'm using a larger standard deviation than your web link in addition to Sagarin having the game somewhat closer than Nationalsportsrankings.com.

NDSUstudent
12-08-2011, 05:30 PM
This team is better than either 2006 or 2007. They control games from start to finish, no need for last minute heroics. Our schedule is much tougher having to go up against a bunch of MVFC teams that know us well and in my opinion are better and deeper than those GWFC teams.

stevdock
12-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Like the last sentence of my post stated, I doubt we will defer-->.

Has Bohl ever NOT deferred?? I'm sure he has but it hasn't been more than a handful of times and I'm sure most of those were either weather dependent or trying to hide an obvious flaw on our team as long as possible, i.e. taking the ball first to score and put less pressure on the defense.

stevdock
12-08-2011, 05:54 PM
This team is better than either 2006 or 2007. They control games from start to finish, no need for last minute heroics. Our schedule is much tougher having to go up against a bunch of MVFC teams that know us well and in my opinion are better and deeper than those GWFC teams.

I agree with you 100%. And for those of you who think that 07 team would have made a deep playoff run, I don't necessarily agree as by the end of the SDSU game that team was barely recognizable to the team that beat the Gophers due to injuries.

Snowgoose
12-08-2011, 05:55 PM

I don't agree with you when you say we faced a tougher schedule this year than in 2007. We faced Minnesota, MAC champion Central Michigan, Illinois State, Western Illinois, Sam Houston State that was good that year(best quarterback ever in the dome), SDSU, and both UD Davis and Cal Poly. That year we actually faced a tough schedule and scored 50 points 3 times, and 40 points 3 more times and really pretty much dominated except for 3 games of which one we lost the other 2 we did need miracously finishes. We averaged 40 points a game that year.

TransAmBison
12-08-2011, 05:55 PM
I think the 2006 team was a machine by the end of the season. I really think they would have taken a national championship. The 2007 was plagued with injuries by season's end and would have not gone far.

CAS4127
12-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Has Bohl ever NOT deferred?? I'm sure he has but it hasn't been more than a handful of times and I'm sure most of those were either weather dependent or trying to hide an obvious flaw on our team as long as possible, i.e. taking the ball first to score and put less pressure on the defense.

I don't know the answer to that. Another thing about deferring, IMO, is that it sends a message to your opponent that you are not afraid of them. At least that is how I felt when we won the coin toss and I looked into the eyes of the other team's captain and said, "We'll defer!".

NDSUstudent
12-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Bohl has taken the ball on the road but I don't think he has ever not deferred at home.

stevdock
12-08-2011, 06:11 PM
I don't know the answer to that. Another thing about deferring, IMO, is that it sends a message to your opponent that you are not afraid of them. At least that is how I felt when we won the coin toss and I looked into the eyes of the other team's captain and said, "We'll defer!".

As an offensive-minded guy, I like Babich's philosophy that he used quite often with Lamar Gordon in the backfield. We are taking the ball and scoring first and you are going to have to keep up with us.

Now with this team and a sold out dome I want to go on defense first as it gets the fans into the game immediately. Also I love being able to score at the end of the half and then score again to start the second half. Huge momentum swing and scoreboard swing just by taking the ball the second half instead of right away.

bisonaudit
12-08-2011, 06:27 PM
As an offensive-minded guy, I like Babich's philosophy that he used quite often with Lamar Gordon in the backfield. We are taking the ball and scoring first and you are going to have to keep up with us.

With what we've heard about Lehigh's offense, I believe that this would be their approach. They want the ball first. So if we win the toss and defer wouldn't we just be giving them exactly what they want?

CAS4127
12-08-2011, 06:31 PM

Now with this team and a sold out dome I want to go on defense first as it gets the fans into the game immediately. Also I love being able to score at the end of the half and then score again to start the second half. Huge momentum swing and scoreboard swing just by taking the ball the second half instead of right away.

Anything Bobby B. did, I would do the EXACT opposite-->the dark days of NDSU football right there. What an idiot he was and is. Can you tell I couldn't and still do not stand the man. And, yes, I have my reasons and confirmed stories to back my position up.

That said, with defering, I think you should have a set position, but no so set that gametime decision can not be in play.

Tatanka
12-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Anything Bobby B. did, I would do the EXACT opposite-->the dark days of NDSU football right there. What an idiot he was and is. Can you tell I couldn't and still do not stand the man. And, yes, I have my reasons and confirmed stories to back my position up.

That said, with defering, I think you should have a set position, but no so set that gametime decision can not be in play.

Your attitude towards Babich is 100% umbelievable. And I agree with it 100%

Snowgoose
12-08-2011, 06:37 PM
I agree with CAS when it comes to coaching decisions we do the exact opposite of Babich. So I would agree lets defer like we have done all year.

By the way, my beef lately about our offensive pass plays are the result of seeing these exact plays all the time from Babich. Outpattern, comeback, outpattern, comeback, outpattern short of first down marker, comeback short of first down marker. Current team doesn't do these patterns short of the first down marker, but these are just burned into my memory from Babich who had good athletes but sucked at coaching them.

NDSUstudent
12-08-2011, 06:38 PM
This rumor won't die...

As of early Thursday afternoon, the playing status of Lehigh's record-breaking junior wide receiver Ryan Spadola for Saturday's FCS playoff game against North Dakota State was uncertain. Rumors are circulating that Spadola will be suspended for the game.

This all stems from a tweet that contained a racial slur, and reportedly, the NCAA is looking into the matter.

Coen declined comment on Wednesday during his weekly gathering with the press and a Lehigh spokesperson had no comment on the matter on Thursday, but said there was the possibility of an announcement later.

http://blogs.mcall.com/groller/2011/12/spadolas-status-for-playoff-game-in-jeopardy.html

CAS4127
12-08-2011, 06:40 PM
With what we've heard about Lehigh's offense, I believe that this would be their approach. They want the ball first. So if we win the toss and defer wouldn't we just be giving them exactly what they want?

Ya, but if deferring is our approach, then we are getting what we want too!!

tcbison
12-08-2011, 06:40 PM
I think the 2006 team was a machine by the end of the season. I really think they would have taken a national championship. The 2007 was plagued with injuries by season's end and would have not gone far.

I agree. The 2006 team had a solid defense and their only loss was to the Gophers in the 10-9 game. That Gopher team went to a bowl game and should have beaten Texas Tech. The 2007 team scored a lot of points but also gave up a fair share of points as well. I think towards the end of 2007 teams figured out if you commit your defense to stop the run, they you can have a chance to beat that team. That is what Cal Poly tried to do and what SDSU actually did. Keep in mind the 2007 team didn't even win the Great West conference that year.

Bison"FANatic"
12-08-2011, 06:53 PM
This rumor won't die...

http://blogs.mcall.com/groller/2011/12/spadolas-status-for-playoff-game-in-jeopardy.html

With all this no commenting, canceling press calls, if and mays and until further notices. I wonder if there is a appeal process running its course in the background.

CAS4127
12-08-2011, 06:59 PM
With all this no commenting, canceling press calls, if and mays and until further notices. I wonder if there is a appeal process running its course in the background.

This is much ado about nothing, IMO. Lehigh officials don't want to go public about something that is a non-issue like this. Lehigh has nothing to gain but much to lose.

So he said "it", and it gets out on some college FB forums, but is not out in main stream media for the most part, and the NCAA has not made (at least public) any comment. What is Lehigh to do? Broadcast that their best player is using the "N" word and draw un-needed and unproductive attention before a huge game for the school?

Bison"FANatic"
12-08-2011, 07:18 PM
It just isn't passing the smell test to me from Lehighs standpoint. Why not just point everything back to the press release from the 4th and say it has been addressed and it is finished, instead of the no comments and such. 1+1 just isn't equaling 2 more like 3 or 4 and its makes you go hmmmmm.

Kermit
12-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Ya, but if deferring is our approach, then we are getting what we want too!!

Exactly. The Bison will do what the Bison do. Who cares what Lee High wants to do?

CAS4127
12-08-2011, 07:21 PM
It just isn't passing the smell test to me from Lehighs standpoint. Why not just point everything back to the press release from the 4th and say it has been addressed and it is finished, instead of the no comments and such. 1+1 just isn't equaling 2 more like 3 or 4 and its makes you go hmmmmm.

I never saw a press release stating the NCAA was involved. Did I miss that?

BlueBisonRock
12-08-2011, 07:25 PM

On Saturday, I will look at the numbers on their wide-outs. In the mean time, any discussion is only adding to the overloaded arithmetic. Like Bohl, I will choose to defer.

NorthernBison
12-08-2011, 07:34 PM
I never saw a press release stating the NCAA was involved. Did I miss that?

I have not seen anything from the NCAA. I would read that the mean that there is zero chance of a suspension.

Why? It's Thursday afternoon. A suspension would have been announced Monday or Tuesday and the NCAA would have done the announcing and would not leave it up to the school to break the news.

CAS4127
12-08-2011, 07:36 PM
I have not seen anything from the NCAA. I would read that the mean that there is zero chance of a suspension.

Why? It's Thursday afternoon. A suspension would have been announced Monday or Tuesday and the NCAA would have done the announcing and would not leave it up to the school to break the news.

I would interpret this to mean that the NCAA is not even involved and may not even know of it.

ndsubison1
12-08-2011, 07:46 PM
just announced that spadola is suspended

CAS4127
12-08-2011, 07:47 PM

By who, Lehigh or the NCAA?!

Civil06
By whom ?

heckler
Came from domizzo Twitter account

NorthernBison
12-08-2011, 07:51 PM

I should have waited to post my inaccurate prediction. I'm blown away by a Thursday announcement. That's harsh.

bisonaudit
12-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Came from domizzo Twitter account

Apparently Dom Izzo suspended him. :)

Lehigh Owl
12-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Now that spadola has been suspended i think lehigh will do well to stay within 3 tds. Between the distraction, loss of a huge player and gameplanning this is death for Lehigh.

heckler
12-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Apparently Dom Izzo suspended him. :)

Yes, dom made the right decision ;)

BadlandsBison
12-08-2011, 08:25 PM
I wanted to play Lehigh at full strength. Weird stuff. This is a distraction for the Bison, too, and Lehigh still has a solid team. Don't start looking ahead

Bison"FANatic"
12-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Now that spadola has been suspended i think lehigh will do well to stay within 3 tds. Between the distraction, loss of a huge player and gameplanning this is death for Lehigh.

Now come on your team is more than just one wide receiver isn't it. You will still have 1 of the 3 Walter Payton Award finalist slinging the ball around for what I am sure are other capable receivers. I still think this game is going to be a tough game for us. It may be a little easier but we were beat by a team last year that lost one of the best running backs in the FCS for the second half of the game.

CAS4127
12-08-2011, 08:37 PM
I wanted to play Lehigh at full strength. Weird stuff. This is a distraction for the Bison, too, and Lehigh still has a solid team. Don't start looking ahead

This^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TateMosersneighbor
12-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Lehigh struggles to run the ball, they end with around 70 yards rushing. They sling it about 50 times for 280 yards. We run for 150+ and 3 scores. We throw for 250 and 1 or 2 scores.

Vigen tries his best to beat us, but the team doesn't allow it.

Bison Win 41-24.

Grizzled
12-08-2011, 08:41 PM
I change my earlier prediction. Bison will win this one by 24. Their team may be more than one WR but if we lost someone who accounted for 125+ yards of offense a game 2 days before the game was to be played, it would affect our team.

Lehigh Owl
12-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Now come on your team is more than just one wide receiver isn't it. You will still have 1 of the 3 Walter Payton Award finalist slinging the ball around for what I am sure are other capable receivers. I still think this game is going to be a tough game for us. It may be a little easier but we were beat by a team last year that lost one of the best running backs in the FCS for the second half of the game.

He's arguably the best WR in the country and was 99 yards away from breaking a FCS record. He isn't just "one" receiver. Spadola is also the only deep threat Lehigh has, all their other wr's are possession type guys who can't stretch the field. He will be playing on Sunday's.

I have a feeling Saturday's game will get ugly and I don't mean just the score.

CAS4127
12-08-2011, 09:44 PM
He's arguably the best WR in the country and was 99 yards away from breaking a FCS record. He isn't just "one" receiver. Spadola is also the only deep threat Lehigh has, all their other wr's are possession type guys who can't stretch the field. He will be playing on Sunday's.

I have a feeling Saturday's game will get ugly and I don't mean just the score.

So he plays defense too, kinda like Peyton Manning?! Srsly, how does this effect the way your defense plays? Also, we were not able to play our best WR, our hardest hitting and second best DB, and our starting right O guard last week against JMU.

Also, if Lehigh gets chippy/dirty in this game, that just tells us even more about the lack of depth and quality of your program and school. That would not be allowed at NDSU!!

bisonsupporter
12-08-2011, 09:46 PM
If Lehigh needed anymore reason to get pumped for this game, this stupid suspension just gave it to them. I expect a fired up bunch on Saturday.

Lehigh Owl
12-08-2011, 09:47 PM
So he plays defense too, kinda like Peyton Manning?! Srsly, how does this effect the way your defense plays? Also, we were not able to play our best WR, our hardest hitting and second best DB, and our starting right O guard last week against JMU.

Also, if Lehigh gets chippy/dirty in this game, that just tells us even more about the lack of depth and quality of your program and school. That would not be allowed at NDSU!!

There is a lack of depth at Lehigh because there's no scholarships. That's a problem all PL teams face. NDSU is without a doubt a much deeper team.

Spadola is arguably the best wr in school history. This is a catastrophic loss.

CAS4127
12-08-2011, 09:49 PM
There is a lack of depth at Lehigh because there's no scholarships. That's a problem all PL teams face. NDSU is without a doubt a much deeper team.

Answer the balance of the implied, rhetorical questions, please!!

Ross
12-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Per an Izzo tweet, Ryan Smith is active for this week and Heagle is still out with the thumb injury.

bisoneer
12-09-2011, 02:24 AM
Based on recent events and the fact that our team is very good and playing at home again...

I predict the score to be NDSU 35 Lehigh 21

GO BISON!!!!

Jay
12-09-2011, 02:24 AM
Not sure if this has been posted yet, if so I apologize. Nice little read and even a mention of DJ's night out camping.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/12/bring-on-bison.html#more

AjaxTheMighty
12-09-2011, 02:55 AM

Now honestly, do you really believe that fans looking ahead affects the players on the field on any level?

CHADSTAUS
12-09-2011, 03:34 AM
I need to update my prediction,,,

Herd= 42

Lelow= 3

Take it to the bank. Again. Now i'm done.

Bison03
12-09-2011, 03:37 AM
Not sure if this has been posted yet, if so I apologize. Nice little read and even a mention of DJ's night out camping.

That was a pretty good write up. It nice when a blogger actually does their research, give props to the other team and coach, previews the game well, all without cheap shots or ripping on the other team. Well done.

Lehigh Owl
12-09-2011, 03:55 AM
NDSU just has to focus on the short passes and tackle well. If they do that they should win the game comfortably. Lehigh doesn't have the ability to stretch the field in the passing game. They also don't have any big play potential outside of a trick play. I would expect the NDSU's DB's to be able to jump the short routes and get a couple int's as a result.

Lehigh's defense needs to play a monumental game to have a chance.

Scooter1
12-09-2011, 04:28 AM
Lehigh's defense needs to play a monumental game to have a chance.

This was true on Saturday evening. Thanks for catching up.:duel:

fargocyclone
12-09-2011, 05:14 AM
North Dakota State will be sporting their retro-looking autumn gold and green pants this weekend. Thunderstruck will be blaring on the loudspeakers. And this FCS playoff game is going to be played fast and loud.

Well this should ruffle some feathers... Is it true? We're wearing the yellow ones?? Oh no!

HerdBot
12-09-2011, 06:11 AM
6-0 Bison. Bison kickoff to start the game and the Lehigh receiver forgets to take a knee and Jemison knocks the ball out and we recover for a TD. Lehigh blocks the extra point. Form there it's a defensive struggle. Total offense less than 100 yards. DJ and Sam get zero carries and we run the fullback dive over and over.

DjKyRo
12-09-2011, 06:15 AM
We will get more yards on the ground versus Lehigh than James Madison. Impressive though Lehigh's run defense was versus a schedule laden with Ivy League and Patriot League rushers, they did not face a bunch of top-20 RBs like NDSU did. They might come out strong early but a lack of depth due to a non-scholarship team will eventually wear them out, just like NDSU has done to pretty much every other playoff opponent we've faced. It might be close going into the 4th but we pull away and win by 13.

NDSU 34
Lehigh 21

DjKyRo
12-09-2011, 06:39 AM
Here's a really quality post from "The Kicker" over on CS.com. http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27779&start=75#p588948

How bad is Special Teams for Lehigh?

Place Kicker Tim Drivers is 11-17 on FG and 37-41 on Extra Points
His long on the season is 36 Yards. Is 7-10 (30-39) and 0-2 (40-49) One FG was blocked not sure from how far out.
Has missed from 23,32,37,39,40,46
Has made only 4 over 30! 32,34,35,36
In another way to put it Lehigh will have to be inside the 14 yard line to even try a FG since Drivers is 4-9 anything over 30 yards.

Punter Tim Drivers 44-1615-36.7
Has 6 50+ punts and also had one blocked.

On kickoffs they give up 21.2 yards 70-1483
NDSU has 33 returns for 809 yards a 24.5 avg
On punts they give up 10.9 yards 15-163
NDSU has 26 returns for 300 yards a 11.5 avg

NDSU looks to have the clear edge
Kicker Ryan Jastram is 14-16 on FG with a long of 53 and 46-50 on Extra Point

Punter Matt Voigtlander 48-1951-40.6

On Kickoffs NDSU have 62-1291 a 20.8 avg
Lehigh has 51 returns for 1038 a 20.4 avg
On punts NDSU has 15 for 90 yards a 6.0 avg
Lehigh has 24 punt returns for 153 yards a 6.4 avg

Lehigh will have to get TD's when they are in the Redzone since the kicking game is weak. NDSU has given up 18 TD's in 35 redzone attempts so just over 50%.

Based on stats NDSU should have a short field to work with to get points on the board and Lehigh will have to drive deep to get points. Note that these numbers don't show long TD's. Lehigh has 36 of it's 51 touchdowns in the redzone. 36 touchdowns in 63 redzone trips.

ndsubison1
12-09-2011, 07:15 AM

you can tell by the language that those are djkyros words

DjKyRo
12-09-2011, 07:17 AM
you can tell by the language that those are djkyros words

You mean I have a recognizable style? Booyah!

Pards Rule
12-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Bison to win - good luck Saturday. Wish I was there with my bison head (thanks Tony!) and some Pard regalia to freak the Hawk fans out! That would be a kick!

bisonmike2
12-09-2011, 01:59 PM

That's a great article. It was very well done.

gotts
12-09-2011, 02:07 PM
My prediction for the game is that people who got in on NDSU at -9.5 early have a pretty good chance of moonwalking this one to the bank.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/RamonK/moonwalk.gif

tjbison
12-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Rolling Thunder 41 Kitty Hawks 14

Bison bison
12-09-2011, 02:14 PM
You mean I have a recognizable style? Booyah!

dotting your i's with hearts kinda gives you away.

DjKyRo
12-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Bison Pride is strong on campus today! Heard student ticket sale numbers are encouraging, but did see a girl walking around in a Gopher hockey jersey. :facepalm:

heffray
12-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Bison Pride is strong on campus today! Heard student ticket sale numbers are encouraging, but did see a girl walking around in a Gopher hockey jersey. :facepalm:

at least it wasn't a Flickertails jersey.

aces1180
12-09-2011, 05:38 PM

That's WAYYYY better than a ND jersey. Way better.

DjKyRo
12-09-2011, 05:41 PM
That's WAYYYY better than a ND jersey. Way better.

Agreed, but c'mon, man.

gotts
12-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Agreed, but c'mon, man.

You can count me from the contingent that grew up in the Twin Cities and went to NDSU.

I have no problem with the Gopher hockey jersey!

coloradobison
12-09-2011, 07:09 PM
I have no problem with the Gopher hockey jersey!

I do...stinkin gophers

Bison03
12-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Ok, total random request but I figured most would see it here. Anyone have that UNI Pansies logo they could post? Want to print out a bunch and plaster my friends basement with it for tonight's game. He is a big Griz fan BTW.

Montana Bison
12-09-2011, 07:57 PM
NDSU 34
Lehigh 23

missing their WR hurts them, and our defense shuts them down. NDSU d-backs have
two picks, D has one score!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tatanka
12-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Ok, total random request but I figured most would see it here. Anyone have that UNI Pansies logo they could post? Want to print out a bunch and plaster my friends basement with it for tonight's game. He is a big Griz fan BTW.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?25199-2011-Bison-Football-season-recap-(in-pictures)&p=543241#post543241

Bison03
12-09-2011, 09:27 PM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?25199-2011-Bison-Football-season-recap-(in-pictures)&p=543241#post543241

Awesome. Thanks. Wow, the Red Flashers logo is pretty sweet.

Lehigh Owl
12-09-2011, 10:05 PM
Lehigh Football Nation's take and pick...

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/12/breaking-down-north-dakota-state-fcs.html

CaBisonFan
12-09-2011, 10:12 PM
This will be a 10-point game in favor of the Bison. Not having 3 of our top receivers and Heagle on defense hurts us badly. Not sure of others missing in action...but these are huge. If Ryan Smith can't play then we have virtually no passing game, like last weekend. Puts a lot of pressure on. Oh yeah...our QB is missing one wheel, and will be that way until next season. Brock was totally dominant until he got turf toe...and then he lost Ryan Smith. Ouch We've literally been limping through the latter part of the season, and now in the playoffs.

But football is about injuries and filling holes that are vacated. Depth is a big part of the game. No excuses from our side when this is over...either way.

80ALUM
12-10-2011, 03:27 AM
Met 10 Lehigh fans at our hotel tonight. Decent guys but delusional.... they think they will keep us awake tomorrow night while they celebrate their victory.:rofl::rofl:

MNLonghorn10
12-10-2011, 04:09 AM
Agreed, but c'mon, man.
whys it matter if its a gopher jersey...not like ndsu's club hockey team will ever play minnesota. i wouldn't even think twice about wearing minnesota apparel on ndsu's campus.

MNLonghorn10
12-10-2011, 04:18 AM
Lehigh Football Nation's take and pick...

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/12/breaking-down-north-dakota-state-fcs.html
did i just read the closest thing to lehigh ndsu has faced was missouri state?? awesome if lehigh is like missouri state!

devin45k
12-10-2011, 04:28 AM
Theyre in the Patriot League.....that's like bragging about being the current Great West champion

Lehigh Owl
12-10-2011, 04:37 AM
Theyre in the Patriot League.....that's like bragging about being the current Great West champion

One of the things that gives me some hope for tomorrow is the fact the PL is 3-1 all time against the MVFC in the playoffs. For whatever reason the PL reps have matched up well with the MVFC teams.

CarringtonBison
12-10-2011, 04:43 AM
One of the things that gives me some hope for tomorrow is the fact the PL is 3-1 all time against the MVFC in the playoffs. For whatever reason the PL reps have matched up well with the MVFC teams.
Well, the way UNI looked tonight, I can see why other team's record against the MVFC is so good. Jeesh.

onbison09
12-10-2011, 04:46 AM
This will be a 10-point game in favor of the Bison. Not having 3 of our top receivers and Heagle on defense hurts us badly. Not sure of others missing in action...but these are huge. If Ryan Smith can't play then we have virtually no passing game, like last weekend. Puts a lot of pressure on. Oh yeah...our QB is missing one wheel, and will be that way until next season. Brock was totally dominant until he got turf toe...and then he lost Ryan Smith. Ouch We've literally been limping through the latter part of the season, and now in the playoffs.

But football is about injuries and filling holes that are vacated. Depth is a big part of the game. No excuses from our side when this is over...either way.

Smith is playing

Lehigh Owl
12-10-2011, 05:05 AM
With everything I said, and having seen both Lehigh and NDSU play, I think NDSU wins 34-13.

I don't see how Lehigh is going to be able to keep the NDSU defense honest. They're going to have use some sort of dink and dunk, screen orientated offense which won't have much success against NDSU's D. I think Lehigh's defense will play very well for the first 2.5 quarters but will ultimately wilt from being on the field too much.

coloradobison
12-10-2011, 02:10 PM
With everything I said, and having seen both Lehigh and NDSU play, I think NDSU wins 34-13.

I don't see how Lehigh is going to be able to keep the NDSU defense honest. They're going to have use some sort of dink and dunk, screen orientated offense which won't have much success against NDSU's D. I think Lehigh's defense will play very well for the first 2.5 quarters but will ultimately wilt from being on the field too much.

I hope this is true, I am pretty nervous about this game for some reason. I am equally excited however. 6 hours to kickoff!!

BisoninNWMN
12-10-2011, 02:34 PM

This Bison team is better than those other MV teams.

We'll see in 5.5 hours....

MNLonghorn10
12-11-2011, 12:40 AM
Unfortunately for lehigh...they are no missouri state team