PDA

View Full Version : You guys won't like this.....

TheBisonator
12-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Our football team kicks off against Lehigh at 3pm Central on Saturday. At the same exact time, (3:00pm CST), Bison basketball tips off at Arizona State.

Twentysix
12-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Our football team kicks off against Lehigh at 3pm Central on Saturday. At the same exact time, (3:00pm CST), Bison basketball tips off at Arizona State.

That sucks, football>basketball until we make the final four... and even then idk.

TheBisonator
12-04-2011, 10:31 PM
That sucks, football>basketball until we make the final four... and even then idk.

No, football>basketball until football loses. Then basketball is king for the rest of the season. Then basketball>Jets hockey until basketball is eliminated. LOL

Strommer10
12-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Is that a change in time? I thought that the basketball game was at 8pm CST. Either way, football playoffs are TOP priority over basketball, regardless of the opponent. I'll have to get ESPN updates on my phone for the basketball game.

HoopsBison
12-04-2011, 10:40 PM

If NDSU ever was in the final four, Fargo would go absolutely bonkers, people wouldnt know what football is. Nice dream and all but yeah isnt in our near future.

That being said, Football playoffs take priority. Its not like the basketball game is in Fargo anyway.

GO BISON

Strommer10
12-04-2011, 10:44 PM
If NDSU ever was in the final four, Fargo would go absolutely bonkers, people wouldnt know what football is. Nice dream and all but yeah isnt in our near future.

That being said, Football playoffs take priority. Its not like the basketball game is in Fargo anyway.

GO BISON
That's a good point. It's a good thing that the game isn't in Fargo. There might have been no one at the game...

MNLonghorn10
12-04-2011, 10:45 PM
lmfao. who cares?

56BISON73
12-04-2011, 10:47 PM

This is a playoff game and its football. Whats not to like about that. BB?????? Not even on the dart board.

HandoEX
12-04-2011, 11:06 PM
lmfao. who cares?
I do. FB isn't very far ahead of BB for me. I'd go nuts with only 4 months of Bison sports.

Strommer10
12-04-2011, 11:09 PM
I do. FB isn't very far ahead of BB for me. I'd go nuts with only 4 months of Bison sports.
Yes but playoffs > regular season. Especially that the playoff game is at home.

CaBisonFan
12-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Thought this was gonna be bad news.

HandoEX
12-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Yes but playoffs > regular season. Especially that the playoff game is at home.
Well duh, but that doesn't mean I don't care about the basketball game, which is what I was saying!

Tatanka
12-04-2011, 11:33 PM
I thought Canada was prepared to invade the US.

TheBisonator
12-04-2011, 11:50 PM
I thought Canada was prepared to invade the US.

You just made me LMFAO. Wouldn't that be just a FUNNY AS HELL thing to see, Canada trying to invade the US??? :D:D:D

SmellsLikeSamHumann
12-04-2011, 11:56 PM
can gobison.com stream into the video boards at the fargodome and allow us to view during tv timeouts?

now that would be sweet.

DjKyRo
12-05-2011, 12:22 AM
I doubt a bunch of fans were going to be heading down to ASU in the first place. I'm sure they'll announce the score or show it on the video boards or something throughout the game.

WRSDBison
12-05-2011, 01:52 AM
No, football>basketball until football WINS IT ALL THIS YEAR and the season is over. Then basketball is king for the rest of the season. Then basketball>Jets hockey until basketball is eliminated. LOL

I fixed it for you. I'm sure you misspoke.

NDSUBowler
12-05-2011, 02:40 AM
I looked forward to the ASU game. Went there for a bit before finishing here at NDSU. My parents and bro went/go there as well. Lots of family pride on the line!

NDSU Playoffs football wins though

heffray
12-05-2011, 03:07 AM
No, football>basketball until football loses. Then basketball is king for the rest of the season. Then basketball>Jets hockey until basketball is eliminated. LOL

Whoa, whoa. Teh Jets Hockey? Don't we live in America?

UncleBuck
12-05-2011, 03:10 AM
What is this basketball of which you speak?

MNLonghorn10
12-05-2011, 03:11 AM
just ndsu football for me. i dont follow the bb squad at all. can't imagine very many bb fans being on pins and needles about the bball score during the football game

Bisonwinagn
12-05-2011, 03:32 AM
BB is cute when you have nothing else to do in the winter...

Schwarz04
12-05-2011, 03:41 AM

I personally love watching college basketball much more than football, I'm sure I'm in the minority here, will be watching everything I can from both games simultaneously regardless! GO BISON!

BlueBisonRock
12-05-2011, 03:43 AM
I personally love watching college basketball much more than football, I'm sure I'm in the minority here, will be watching everything I can from both games simultaneously regardless! GO BISON!

I'm not nearly as good with the mutlitasking. I have a hard time watching the game and keeping tabs on Bisonfan1 knitting.

Schwarz04
12-05-2011, 03:44 AM
What is this basketball of which you speak?

boo :( :( :( bison athletics are bison athletics!

99Bison
12-05-2011, 03:45 AM

Agreed, that college bball is better to watch in general, but given the circumstance here not going to be thinking about basketball this Saturday afternoon :)

Schwarz04
12-05-2011, 03:46 AM
lmfao. who cares?

Any real bison fan would care...

Schwarz04
12-05-2011, 03:48 AM
Agreed, that college bball is better to watch in general, but given the circumstance here not going to be thinking about basketball this Saturday afternoon :)

Yeah obviously tomorrow will be mostly about football given the magnitude of the game! Whoever did the scheduling should be kneed in the crotch...

Kermit
12-05-2011, 03:58 AM
I really don't understand why some Bison football fans find it necessary to take random shots at other NDSU teams. The fact is, we have an exciting young men's basketball team that is off to a great 7-1 start, and they will be playing a PAC-12 opponent on Saturday. I'll be at the football game, standing and screaming my lungs out, but I will definitely be interested in that hoops game, too.

Go Bison!!

90 BISON
12-05-2011, 04:04 AM
I really don't understand why some Bison football fans find it necessary to take random shots at other NDSU teams. The fact is, we have an exciting young men's basketball team that is off to a great 7-1 start, and they will be playing a PAC-12 opponent on Saturday. I'll be at the football game, standing and screaming my lungs out, but I will definitely be interested in that hoops game, too.

Go Bison!!

^^^^^This
Go Bison of all sorts, whatever they play. Even if I could care less about the sport, I want our Bison team to win.

heffray
12-05-2011, 04:06 AM
Any real bison fan would care...

Call me contrarian, but IF your a real bison fan you'd care a whole lot more about a Bison Football playoff game than a Bison Basketball non-conference regular season game. Besides, basketball sucks. I like it when they win, and I was there for the Kansas game, arguably our most notable moment in college athletics in our short history, but, come on... You guys aren't seriously caring about this, are you?

herdmember
12-05-2011, 04:14 AM

Go Bison!!

Said Perfectly.

Strommer10
12-05-2011, 04:19 AM

Go Bison!!
I agree with this %100! Football comes first, but once the season is over, I go right to the basketball team. I think the attitude will change once we get the SHAC built and are consistently on top of our conference.

NDSUstudent
12-05-2011, 04:25 AM
Call me contrarian, but IF your a real bison fan you'd care a whole lot more about a Bison Football playoff game than a Bison Basketball non-conference regular season game. Besides, basketball sucks. I like it when they win, and I was there for the Kansas game, arguably our most notable moment in college athletics in our short history, but, come on... You guys aren't seriously caring about this, are you?

I care about the basketball game and I will try to follow it while at the dome. I love Bison hoops just as much as Bison football, I've gone to 100s of Bison basketball games.

Hammersmith
12-05-2011, 04:29 AM

Seems appropriate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_ZRoHmvwfQ&feature=related

devin45k
12-05-2011, 04:33 AM
NDSU athletics > any form of hockey

heffray
12-05-2011, 04:34 AM
I care about the basketball game and I will try to follow it while at the dome. I love Bison hoops just as much as Bison football, I've gone to 100s of Bison basketball games.

You're clearly missing the point. Whether you like basketball more than football, or don't like football at all, I'm going to be bold here and say that if you are paying more attention to the Bison Basketball game on Saturday than you are the Football game, you need a serious gut-check.

NDSUstudent
12-05-2011, 04:38 AM
You're clearly missing the point. Whether you like basketball more than football, or don't like football at all, I'm going to be bold here and say that if you are paying more attention to the Bison Basketball game on Saturday than you are the Football game, you need a serious gut-check.

I've got a smart phone(if it works in the dome is another issue) but yes I'll try to keep myself updated on the score. Maybe even try to listen for a few minutes at the half of the football game.

The first thing I did after the football game on Saturday was check out the score to the baskeball game.

heffray
12-05-2011, 04:40 AM
Seems appropriate...

I don't even know what say to this... um, congrats on your film knowledge?... maybe, nice job looking up youtube videos?... your search engine skills are outstanding. I don't knwno what this has to do with Bison Football Playoff games being way more important than a non-conference regular season basketball game.

NDSUstudent
12-05-2011, 04:45 AM
Nobody said it is more important, but some of us still care about the basketball game. Obviously if it was more important we'd stay at home and watch the game on FoxSportsAZ.com but clearly a playoff football game takes priority but that doesn't mean we have to act like the basketball game ceases to exist.

Schwarz04
12-05-2011, 04:49 AM
Seems appropriate...

This is spot on sir..agree 100%...that other guy just really needs to learn how to read posts, namely the ones saying that tomorrow football does take some precedence considering the games magnitude, but belittling another school sport is just plain dumb...exactly what Billy Madison's principal was saying haha

Schwarz04
12-05-2011, 04:52 AM

I'd also have to disagree and say that winning the summit league championship game in our 1st year of eligibility was a bit more notable than losing to Kansas in an opening round game.

HoopsBison
I don't cheer for just one Bison athletic team I cheer for all of them. You better believe i'm going to care and be interested in what is happening in Arizona state Saturday afternoon.

However the thread title isn't the greatest. Its not like this game is in Fargo or any where close. I'm going to go ahead and assume most of us weren't going to make the trip to watch the game. Yes, unfortunate that the two events are at the same time, but not really a big deal at all.

heffray
Nobody said it is more important, but some of us still care about the basketball game. Obviously if it was more important we'd stay at home and watch the game on FoxSportsAZ.com but clearly a playoff football game takes priority but that doesn't mean we have to act like the basketball game ceases to exist.

I care too. I think it would be great if they beat them. But in the grand scheme of things, it won't matter even if they do. Great pub for a good club, but they aren't going to get an at large bid and they have a small shot at the Conference Title with what Oakland is doing this year. I'll check the score when Scorecenter tells me the final, but I won't be thinking about the basketball game at all during the football game.

Schwarz04
12-05-2011, 04:53 AM

^^^this!!!!

Schwarz04
12-05-2011, 04:56 AM
I care too. I think it would be great if they beat them. But in the grand scheme of things, it won't matter even if they do. Great pub for a good club, but they aren't going to get an at large bid and they have a small shot at the Conference Title with what Oakland is doing this year. I'll check the score when Scorecenter tells me the final, but I won't be thinking about the basketball game at all during the football game.

Yeah Oakland is already 1 game up in the conference, we should probably just pack it up for the year...

heffray
12-05-2011, 04:58 AM
This is spot on sir..agree 100%...that other guy just really needs to learn how to read posts, namely the ones saying that tomorrow football does take some precedence considering the games magnitude, but belittling another school sport is just plain dumb...exactly what Billy Madison's principal was saying haha

funny you should tell me to read posts. read mine. saying "basketball sucks" was in jest and i apologize to anyone who loves that stupid sport.

saying even that football will take "some precedence" in this instance is delusional.

heffray
12-05-2011, 04:59 AM
I'd also have to disagree and say that winning the summit league championship game in our 1st year of eligibility was a bit more notable than losing to Kansas in an opening round game.

Disagree. Win or lose, playing in the dance is more important.

heffray
12-05-2011, 05:02 AM
I don't cheer for just one Bison athletic team I cheer for all of them. You better believe i'm going to care and be interested in what is happening in Arizona state Saturday afternoon.

However the thread title isn't the greatest. Its not like this game is in Fargo or any where close. I'm going to go ahead and assume most of us weren't going to make the trip to watch the game. Yes, unfortunate that the two events are at the same time, but not really a big deal at all.

Not really a big deal because people will be paying more attention to the football game, as they should, and catch the score/highlights of the basketball game after or intermittantly during. Yeah, agreed. I don't hate Bison Basketball, for the record. I just don't like the sport as a whole, especially the NBA.

Schwarz04
12-05-2011, 05:03 AM
funny you should tell me to read posts. read mine. saying "basketball sucks" was in jest and i apologize to anyone who loves that stupid sport.

saying even that football will take "some precedence" in this instance is delusional.

You know your a dolt when your only response is to call another sport stupid...wow, you're cool.

heffray
12-05-2011, 05:05 AM
Yeah Oakland is already 1 game up in the conference, we should probably just pack it up for the year...

You're we shouldn't, but i've just been noticing that they have been lighting it up so far this year. The Bison probably have a shot, and perhaps my comments in this regard were uneducated and premature to say the least.

HoopsBison
12-05-2011, 05:07 AM
We have two very exciting programs that have accomplished a great deal since making the move to D1. Both have certainly provided a great deal of highlights and made NDSU more prominent around the country. To not care about one for whatever reason is baffling to me.

Right now its football playoff time, and that is without question the most important event happening this weekend. The basketball team just so happens to be playing on the road against a well known university. Best of luck the MBB, I will try to find or hear an update on how they are doing on Saturday but it will not be of the up most importance to me.

BlueBisonRock
12-05-2011, 05:08 AM
Isn't Bisonville great?!!? We can argue about some of the most insignificant details as if it were life and death, but still get up in the morning feeling loved.

Put me in the Bison athletics camp even though I have not been to an athletic contest other than football and the NCAA tourney Kansas game since I graduated. However, I do follow as much of the Bison world as I can. I believe that is why we say:

"Go Bison"!

When you dis one sport, you dis them all

heffray
12-05-2011, 05:09 AM
You know your a dolt when your only response is to call another sport stupid...wow, you're cool.

holy smokes, calm down. joke. i don't like basketball, the calls of the refs play into the outcome too often, too subjective. and correction, that was not my only response. i called delusion on anyone who thinks this basketball game ranks anywhere near the playoff game on saturday. i could go on to explain what i meant by "delusional," but i thought i had made that clear. perhaps, in your case, i was wrong.

heffray
12-05-2011, 05:11 AM
We have two very exciting programs that have accomplished a great deal since making the move to D1. Both have certainly provided a great deal of highlights and made NDSU more prominent around the country. To not care about one for whatever reason is baffling to me.

Right now its football playoff time, and that is without question the most important event happening this weekend. The basketball team just so happens to be playing on the road against a well known university. Best of luck the MBB, I will try to find or hear an update on how they are doing on Saturday but it will not be of the up most importance to me.

You've said it better than i did, or perhaps better than Schwarz04 can understand.

Schwarz04

Exactly....

Schwarz04
You've said it better than i did, or perhaps better than Schwarz04 can understand.

Really????

Schwarz04
12-05-2011, 05:14 AM
You make posts saying "lmfao who cares about the game" and "basketball is stupid" then say that you agree that we have two exciting D1 programs and you like them both? Seems a bit contradictory to say the least...

heffray
12-05-2011, 05:14 AM
Isn't Bisonville great?!!? We can argue about some of the most insignificant details as if it were life and death, but still get up in the morning feeling loved.

Put me in the Bison athletics camp even though I have not been to an athletic contest other than football and the NCAA tourney Kansas game since I graduated. However, I do follow as much of the Bison world as I can. I believe that is why we say:

"Go Bison"!

When you dis one sport, you dis them all

anyone who knows me would think it's a pretty big compliment to the Bison Basketball team that i care at all about them (sarcasm). Honeslty though, I care because I know how significant it is if they do well and make it to the dance. It's a big deal and I want what's best for the Bison. I also want what's worst for the Sioux, just for the record.

DjKyRo
12-05-2011, 05:17 AM
It doesn't bother me if people don't pay close attention to every sport we have, as long as they don't belittle them. Them we're no better than the buthockey mouth-breathers, and we can conduct ourselves better than that.

Not that I see that here, just my two cents.

Schwarz04
12-05-2011, 05:19 AM
Any way you slice it, the bottom line for me is I love both programs to death and always will. I like watching college basketball more in general, but will obviously be going to the football game due to its magnitude. Go Bison, both teams!

heffray
12-05-2011, 05:20 AM
You make posts saying "lmfao who cares about the game" and "basketball is stupid" then say that you agree that we have two exciting D1 programs and you like them both? Seems a bit contradictory to say the least...

i didn't write that, i'm pretty sure it was Longhorn. i wrote "basketball sucks" and "basketball is stupid" because i literally think that. i don't have much respect for the sport. i do, however, enjoy when the Bison Basketball team does well, because i know that it is good for our school. i have no fight with you, we are both Bison fans. I assume you'll either be watching the Bison Football game on TV or you'll be at the game and catching updates of the Basketball game during that. That is as it should be.

Schwarz04
12-05-2011, 05:23 AM
holy smokes, calm down. joke. i don't like basketball, the calls of the refs play into the outcome too often, too subjective. and correction, that was not my only response. i called delusion on anyone who thinks this basketball game ranks anywhere near the playoff game on saturday. i could go on to explain what i meant by "delusional," but i thought i had made that clear. perhaps, in your case, i was wrong.

I thought the statement "anyone who likes this stupid sport" was fairly clear cut in its meaning as well...

Schwarz04
12-05-2011, 05:27 AM
i didn't write that, i'm pretty sure it was Longhorn. i wrote "basketball sucks" and "basketball is stupid" because i literally think that. i don't have much respect for the sport. i do, however, enjoy when the Bison Basketball team does well, because i know that it is good for our school. i have no fight with you, we are both Bison fans. I assume you'll either be watching the Bison Football game on TV or you'll be at the game and catching updates of the Basketball game during that. That is as it should be.

We can just agree to disagree, as we are both bison fans...I have no problem with you either, I however do have a very good understanding of both sports and just don't think you should bring my name into it and say I don't.

BlueBisonRock
12-05-2011, 05:27 AM
Can
We
Be
Done?

heffray
12-05-2011, 05:28 AM
I thought the statement "anyone who likes this stupid sport" was fairly clear cut in its meaning as well...

no no, i apologized to anyone who likes that stupid sport. the clear cut meaning there was such that i'm sorry if me calling basketball stupid makes you feel mad, sad, uncomfortable, insecure, whatever bad feeling you're feeling. that's pretty much all it meant.

does no one else understand the significance of a born and raised hockey player who hates the gophers and the sioux, AND cheers for the Bison Basketball team? that's serious, people.

Schwarz04
12-05-2011, 05:29 AM
Can
We
Be
Done?

No one was really fighting...

HoopsBison
12-05-2011, 05:30 AM
Thread should be renamed to, "You guys wont like this thread"

heffray
12-05-2011, 05:31 AM
We can just agree to disagree, as we are both bison fans...I have no problem with you either, I however do have a very good understanding of both sports and just don't think you should bring my name into it and say I don't.

very kind of you to think that anything i say on here would have much bearing on your reputation. lol. no worries, we're cool.

BlueBisonRock
12-05-2011, 05:31 AM
No one was really fighting...

That's like saying the Sue don't really have a football team.

Oh, thats right. They don't.

BTW, in before the lock.

heffray
12-05-2011, 05:32 AM
Thread should be renamed to, "You guys wont like this thread"

yet here you are, reading...

RadBison
12-05-2011, 08:07 AM
does no one else understand the significance of a born and raised hockey player who hates the gophers and the sioux, AND cheers for the Bison Basketball team? that's serious, people.

7 pages in and finally a post I can relate to 100%! I'm not a basketball fan in general but I do like some college BB and catch the Bison BB team anytime they are on TV (2-3 times a year it seems in Minneapolis) as I grew up a fan of "but-hockey" and that will always be my favorite. (Just not WHO hockey)

JSUBison
12-05-2011, 01:26 PM
1st Hall of Shame thread of the year. :smh:

Tatanka
12-05-2011, 01:41 PM

But it started out with such promise... :facepalm:

phxbison
12-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Well that changes my plans for Saturday. Bison/Lehigh football game either on TV or on the Internet on Saturday afternoon and then off to Well Fargo Arena for the Bison/ASU basketball game. I assumed that the basketball game would be an evening game, which 95% of them are. Oh well, I guess I'll have to watch the football game and dvr the basketball game to watch after the football game. I guess it still works !

heffray
12-05-2011, 05:52 PM

excuse me for trying to defend myself after someone calls me idiotic.

MNLonghorn10
12-05-2011, 06:11 PM
i did write it. sorry but bison basketball is low on my list of what to watch for. last game ive been to was the kansas game and i was there in the cities for the final five to cheer on the gophers

for a title to say "you guys wont like this" pertaining to all of us, i had to laugh and say who cares...like many have said, football trumps all for ndsu. it does in the local media, commercials, billboards, whatever. its ndsu's money maker and probably the sport that has ndsu casuals, like me, in the palm of their hand is because of ndsu football.

look if ndsu wins vs asu, great. ill be way too excited to be making plans against gsu, and frisco reservations. and i cant wait to see the viewing # for football compared to basketball. ill bet itll be 200+ football, 20ish? basketball.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-05-2011, 06:12 PM
We have a basketball team? :biggrin:

BTW, I thought this was the football fourm?

Schwarz04
12-05-2011, 09:24 PM

Go Bison!!

^^^This....again

gotts
12-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Time to raise anchor on this thing!

http://www.shipmentoffail.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/failboat.jpg

Schwarz04
12-06-2011, 12:34 AM
That's not even funny.

gotts
12-06-2011, 01:52 PM
That's not even funny.