PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Mcfeely as usual dumbass comment on facebook about not being a sellout?

kab1one
12-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Mike McFeely
Attendance at NDSU game 18,020. Short of sellout. Playoff fever, don't catch it.

So What.

The Dome in my opinion was full. That atmosphere is fabulous. If you weren't there, your bad. Sure it would be better if it was overflowing, but Mcfoolum is a typical want is me liberal whiner, never looks at positive (over 18,000 and LOUD), but no, has to after the fact quarterback and point out an insignificant point.

For those at the dome on Saturday, and next saturday and the next (along with those that make the trip to Frisco), we salute you.

The more I think about this, the more Mcfeely's stupid comment pisses me off. Where was he. Was he at the game or was at the occupy Moorhead Bridge? If he was I hope he was cold.

Tatanka
12-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Well,no. I don't give a frozen shit about mcfeely or his Facebook page. Seems like he got at least so.e of the attention he was seeking.

IzzyFlexion
12-04-2011, 01:40 PM
6,915 in attendance at the UNIDump yesterday.
Pathetic. Maybe he should do a story on that.

unbison
12-04-2011, 01:43 PM
is there no sarcasm or joking about 18,200 fans........looks to be a poke at those who did not come to the game...........but yall can take it how you want

A1pigskin
12-04-2011, 01:46 PM
I don't pay attention to him. It could be a way to try and get more fans,.

BisoninNWMN
12-04-2011, 01:49 PM
McFeeley or Hammer.....both are "candy-asses"

JSUBison
12-04-2011, 01:59 PM
For some reason, people don't like attending playoff games. And I'm not talking NDSU, it's everywhere. Montana was down from their season average, but still pulled good numbers. NDSU pulled good numbers. But Appalachian State, Georgia Southern and Montana State were all well below what NDSU had. Saw the numbers at AGS, 26 posted them.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?102320-Round-2-Attendance

App State gives away their student tickets, and it was still a half empty stadium. The weather was nice, so why the low count? :confused:

semobison
12-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Did McFeely post somthing that wasn't true? We had a great crowd compaired to UNI!

CaBisonFan
12-04-2011, 02:23 PM
McFeely...the anti-Bison.

stevdock
12-04-2011, 02:25 PM
That's flat out Mcfeely being ignorant. Out of the 8 games yesterday we had the second highest attendance and we were BY FAR the closest to a sellout.
On the other hand I was surprised it wasn't a higher number because it sure looked full, but it definitely was LOUD. I've been to just about every game in the dome, and I would have to say that was THE LOUDEST game in the history of the dome.

After we scored our first TD to see half the dome standing and cheering on FIRST down was a thing of beauty. It was the first time that I really felt we had a huge advantage playing in the dome.

JMB
12-04-2011, 02:51 PM
You could look at it as an admonishment to the city of Fargo and the region. Here are two high quality programs, playing in an exciting atmosphere, with everything on the line, at a reasonable price and the city didn't sell out the dome? I don't see it as a shot at the program or most certainly not the fans at the game but more of a question on why aren't people embracing this and goint out to watch some good football.

bisonhp330
12-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Well,no. I don't give a frozen shit about mcfeely or his Facebook page. Seems like he got at least so.e of the attention he was seeking.

I concur........could not be said any better.

Bison bison
12-04-2011, 03:04 PM
I with JMB.

I think McFeely's comment is akin the people in Fargo not knowing what a good time is.

I really don't care if we sell out. I'm there to watch the game. We could attendance of 1 and I wouldn't gas.

bri-dog
12-04-2011, 03:25 PM
I with JMB.

I think McFeely's comment is akin the people in Fargo not knowing what a good time is.

I really don't care if we sell out. I'm there to watch the game. We could attendance of 1 and I wouldn't gas.

It would be a shitty "wave"...:biggrin:

Bison Dan
12-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Hard to have a sell out when we have to guarantee the visiting team so many seats. Their section was mostly empty.

HerdBot
12-04-2011, 03:28 PM
It didn't catch on with students but every non student ticket sold out. best and loudest game of the year

BisoninNWMN
12-04-2011, 04:03 PM
I don't know how there were only 17400 there....or thru the doors. It sure seemed like it was almost a sellout.

Either way, it was a great crowd yesterday. Let's do the same thing this week.

GO BISON

kab1one
12-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Mcfeelly and his wit, it was a shot at the fact that it wasn't a "sellout".

Here is the point, its a stupid comment in the fact the bison, the school and the community should be proud of everything that this team has done. Where is his wisdom in regards to the fact this is one of the best teams in the country. The kids go to school, when I say kids I mean student altheletes (which I can't spell), that participate in the community and they graduate. The football program the university is on a roll nationally. People are taking notice.

Twentysix
12-04-2011, 04:52 PM
For some reason, people don't like attending playoff games. And I'm not talking NDSU, it's everywhere. Montana was down from their season average, but still pulled good numbers. NDSU pulled good numbers. But Appalachian State, Georgia Southern and Montana State were all well below what NDSU had. Saw the numbers at AGS, 26 posted them.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?102320-Round-2-Attendance

App State gives away their student tickets, and it was still a half empty stadium. The weather was nice, so why the low count? :confused:

The infamous Lehigh @ UNI game last year didnt even draw 6,000. Unless delaware's atmosphere is similar to ours (noise) lehigh will not be prepared.. Remember lehigh is a non counter for FBS teams therefore they do not play FBS teams.

Bisonguy
12-04-2011, 04:59 PM
You could look at it as an admonishment to the city of Fargo and the region. Here are two high quality programs, playing in an exciting atmosphere, with everything on the line, at a reasonable price and the city didn't sell out the dome? I don't see it as a shot at the program or most certainly not the fans at the game but more of a question on why aren't people embracing this and goint out to watch some good football.

Yes, exactly. McFeely was pimping the game the last two weeks on his show saying how if you've never been to a game before, this is a great time to start.

NDSUstudent
12-04-2011, 05:21 PM
The infamous Lehigh @ UNI game last year didnt even draw 6,000. Unless delaware's atmosphere is similar to ours (noise) lehigh will not be prepared.. Remember lehigh is a non counter for FBS teams therefore they do not play FBS teams.

Actually Lehigh might be one of the few PL teams that counts, but they are probably choosing not to play a FBS team.

tjbison
12-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Seriously guys?? He was taking a jab at th people who WERE NOT there not the overall state of NDSU. Just so you know he and his familly attend NDSU events he mentions it often on his show.

SmellsLikeSamHumann
12-04-2011, 06:45 PM
mcfooly is the biggest loser in fargo, just an inch above NBOTN hammer

BisonNeil
12-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Actually Lehigh might be one of the few PL teams that counts, but they are probably choosing not to play a FBS team.
While it could be a matter of choice, I doubt they actually will be given a chance to play an FBS team. 26 is right, they wouldn't count but my understanding is that an FCS team has to have averaged 57 scholarships over a three year period to be eligble to play a FBS team. Since they play in a partial scholarhsip league, they can't play FBS teams.

fargocyclone
12-04-2011, 08:19 PM
Does anyone think NDSU/FFD may have counted tickets differently this game? I mean, with that number being used for how much money they have to pay the NCAA, wouldn't you think you'd use the counting method that made that number the smallest possible? During the year, I'd guess you'd use the method that made that number the biggest possible... Just sayin'

NDSUstudent
12-04-2011, 08:40 PM
While it could be a matter of choice, I doubt they actually will be given a chance to play an FBS team. 26 is right, they wouldn't count but my understanding is that an FCS team has to have averaged 57 scholarships over a three year period to be eligble to play a FBS team. Since they play in a partial scholarhsip league, they can't play FBS teams.

No, it's based on equivalencies....they factor in all the money players get into the numbers they report to the NCAA. Lehigh's football budget is just a bit over $4.3 million. The PL is not partial scholarship or non-scholarship, they are this odd hybrid.

Twentysix
12-04-2011, 08:44 PM
No, it's based on equivalencies....they factor in all the money players get into the numbers they report to the NCAA. Lehigh's football budget is just a bit over $4.3 million. The PL is not partial scholarship or non-scholarship, they are this odd hybrid.

Doesn't matter, the point is Lehigh does not play FBS teams. No one on their team has ever stood infront of an FBS crowd. They have never played a snap of football infront of a crowd like the fargodome. They are gonna say they functioned fine in the UNI dome and they arent worried, I have news for them that game had 5,900 people in attendance. It is not comparible.

4mcruenomore
12-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Let them think that!

Hammersmith
12-04-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm choosing to believe that the FD announced attendance of 18,020 was the paid attendance, while the reported number of 17,432 was the turnstile count. Both make sense. Assuming there are about 18,700 actual seats in the FD, about 700 unsold tickets sounds about right. We heard that about 2000 of the 3800 student tickets went to students, and about 1000 were sold as general admission. That would leave around 800 leftover. The vagueness of the reported numbers plus any walkup sales makes 700 a likely number. And the 600 difference between the two attendance numbers would be just about right for paid no-shows. There weren't a lot of open seats below the top few rows, but there were some. The 600 figure works out to be around 2 empty seats for every 3 rows in a section. That's compares pretty accurately to what I saw at the game.

NDSUstudent
12-04-2011, 10:24 PM
I'd guess the subtracted all the unused JMU tickets...they had what? 40 fans at the game?

4mcruenomore
12-04-2011, 10:56 PM
I'd guess the subtracted all the unused JMU tickets...they had what? 40 fans at the game?

Did that include their cheer team? I like how their "thunder sticks" were taken away right at the beginning, but I am surprised they were allowed to throw streemers.

56BISON73
12-04-2011, 10:58 PM
I saw people with regular flag poles at the game this sat. Did they relax the rules?

4mcruenomore
12-04-2011, 10:59 PM
I saw people with regular flag poles at the game this sat. Did they relax the rules?

I noticed that too, looked good when we scored. I was surprised though.

56BISON73
12-04-2011, 11:03 PM
I noticed that too, looked good when we scored. I was surprised though.

Plus did anyone else notice the announcer with his usual---everyone up for the kick off????? Thought that was illegal as well.

NWNDBison
12-04-2011, 11:05 PM

Actually, that's exactly the estimated number of fans reported by a JMU fan who was there.

Hammersmith
12-04-2011, 11:06 PM
Plus did anyone else notice the announcer with his usual---everyone up for the kick off????? Thought that was illegal as well.
Someone on here said that our people talked with the NCAA rep from Youngstown St who gave us a better idea of where the line was. Something to the effect of: it's a home game, make it a home game.

heckler
12-10-2013, 09:05 PM
I didn't want to start a new thread.

Mcfeely actually thinks NDSU would confirm to him about the head coaching position.

He also said he doesn't agree with Joel about moving up (he also didn't think moving to FCS was a good idea either).

aces1180
12-10-2013, 09:10 PM

Mcfeely actually thinks NDSU would confirm to him about the head coaching position.

He also said he doesn't agree with Joel about moving up (he also didn't think moving to FCS was a good idea either).

McFeely has about as much credibility and trust with NDSU athletics as the average poster on BV.

Hammerhead
12-10-2013, 09:11 PM
I thought the NCAA only prohibited announcements that might be considered disparaging to the visitors like the video screens showing the number of false start penalties.

Even on TV, I could hear the usual "That's another BISON!... First down" Oooh, move those chains.

bisonaudit
12-10-2013, 09:21 PM

As if one necessarily must follow from the other? :confused:

mnriverbison
12-10-2013, 09:25 PM
Yes, exactly. McFeely was pimping the game the last two weeks on his show saying how if you've never been to a game before, this is a great time to start.

^This^

People getting butthurt about the truth? For how much fun everyone in Fargo has with MSP media taking constant cheap shots at the MSP teams it sure doesn't take much turning of the tables for folks to decide that the media's real job is to wave pom poms in Fargo.

mnriverbison
12-10-2013, 09:26 PM
McFeely has about as much credibility and trust with NDSU athletics as the average poster on BV.

He's a genius?

Bison56
12-10-2013, 09:40 PM
He must be reading Bisonville again because he commeted on how NDSU fans are making fun of the UN_ coach list today on his show.

CaBisonFan
12-10-2013, 09:42 PM
He must be reading Bisonville again because he commeted on how NDSU fans are making fun of the UN_ coach list today on his show.Yeah...he says we're taunting UND. Does he read ss?

NDSUBowler
12-10-2013, 09:46 PM
I thought the NCAA only prohibited announcements that might be considered disparaging to the visitors like the video screens showing the number of false start penalties.

Even on TV, I could hear the usual "That's another BISON!... First down" Oooh, move those chains.
I'm PRETTY sure that this is for when two unseeded teams face each other? This is because neither is technically a home team. It is only at that teams stadium because they bid higher (which we did for our RMU game).

Every game since then has had all the home field advantages.

bisonaudit
12-10-2013, 09:51 PM
He must be reading Bisonville again because he commeted on how NDSU fans are making fun of the UN_ coach list today on his show.

I don't want to live in a world where this is the only place anyone ever makes fun of UN_.

kab1one
12-10-2013, 11:12 PM
That's flat out Mcfeely being ignorant. Out of the 8 games yesterday we had the second highest attendance and we were BY FAR the closest to a sellout.
On the other hand I was surprised it wasn't a higher number because it sure looked full, but it definitely was LOUD. I've been to just about every game in the dome, and I would have to say that was THE LOUDEST game in the history of the dome.

After we scored our first TD to see half the dome standing and cheering on FIRST down was a thing of beauty. It was the first time that I really felt we had a huge advantage playing in the dome.

So if demand is for 30k staduim, why are there any seats?

It's interesting how available tickets are today for Saturday's game.

stevdock
12-10-2013, 11:47 PM
So if demand is for 30k staduim, why are there any seats?

It's interesting how available tickets are today for Saturday's game.

You know that quote was from a game 2 years ago right??

And as of today there are no available tickets. Tomorrow morning at 8 am that will be a different story but those will sell out quickly.

HerdBot
12-11-2013, 12:01 AM

Why would you post in this thread? Serious?

CAS4127
12-11-2013, 12:50 AM
McFooley is jealous and envious of all things NDSU. IOW, he is a wannabe pussy just like I tweeted to him Saturday night

Oh, btw McFooley, this is Charlie. U know me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

kab1one
12-11-2013, 12:57 AM
You know that quote was from a game 2 years ago right??

And as of today there are no available tickets. Tomorrow morning at 8 am that will be a different story but those will sell out quickly.

Tickets available in general. They are are there. Just was asked if I needed some. If the demand was 10,000 more than capacity no one would be offering up tickets.

Already, secured excess tickets for next weeks game if they make the semi's. The concept of demand for 30k for bison football is silly.

Ndsu84
12-11-2013, 01:02 AM
Tickets available in general. They are are there. Just was asked if I needed some. If the demand was 10,000 more than capacity no one would be offering up tickets.

Already, secured excess tickets for next weeks game if they make the semi's. The concept of demand for 30k for bison football is silly.
Not really...Anyone who can listen to mcfeely long needs help.

56BISON73
12-11-2013, 01:02 AM

Why wouldnt there be. For every venue there is always going to be tickets available. People cant make the game for varied reasons. Teams send tickets back etc. Just because there are open seats doesnt mean there isnt demand.

kab1one
12-11-2013, 01:10 AM
Why wouldnt there be. For every venue there is always going to be tickets available. People cant make the game for varied reasons. Teams send tickets back etc. Just because there are open seats doesnt mean there isnt demand.

Then simple supply and demand, if demand would be high, the price would be higher, tickets today were at face. If there is 30k demand for an 18k seat venue, tickets would not be available for 35 bucks a piece.

Oh now I will hear that people make other plans or its cold so there are tickets available., not the case, if demand was real, then tickets would not be freely availalble.

Go to the supper bowl, tickets are not availale anywhere near price.

thundarsdaddy
12-11-2013, 01:12 AM

I wonder if anyone heard on the radio or on ESPN3, our student section(and I love this one) chanting, "FU....FU"!! Of course this was after the FU fans started it all!..lol

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-11-2013, 01:15 AM
I wonder if anyone heard on the radio or on ESPN3, our student section(and I love this one) chanting, "FU....FU"!! Of course this was after the FU fans started it all!..lol

I heard the Furman fans yell this, not our students.

I thought it was epic. How great would it be to able to chant that and have it be legit.

56BISON73
12-11-2013, 01:16 AM
Then simple supply and demand, if demand would be high, the price would be higher, tickets today were at face. If there is 30k demand for an 18k seat venue, tickets would not be available for 35 bucks a piece.

Oh now I will hear that people make other plans or its cold so there are tickets available., not the case, if demand was real, then tickets would not be freely availalble.

You premise is flawed when dealing with Bison fans. They choose not to give people the high hard one when selling their tickets. But you are seeing more people not selling for face.

Why you keep beating this dead horse is beyond me. Why not go over to your buddys board and engage him since you have bad mouthed this venue.

Tatanka
12-11-2013, 01:17 AM
Did you just tell PL to go lie by his dish?

thundarsdaddy
12-11-2013, 01:18 AM
I heard the Furman fans yell this, not our students.

I thought it was epic. How great would it be to able to chant that and have it be legit.

This is what drives me to return to college and further my career. By sitting in the student section and not giving a ****...I love our NDSU students...lol!

56BISON73
12-11-2013, 01:20 AM
Did you just tell PL to go lie by his dish?

If that was the case it would be SUPER bowl.:hungry:

thundarsdaddy
12-11-2013, 01:24 AM
If that was the case it would be SUPER bowl.:hungry:

56, lol..SUPER bowl!!

I must be aging a lot faster than you, after saturdays game this lady came up to me and asked.."Would you like SUPER SEX"?

I replied..."I'll take the Soup"!

Wow I must be getting old!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-11-2013, 01:30 AM
On a somewhat related topic: anyone listen to the Jack Micheal's show today? Pinto was hosting and he pissed off Tank royally. Towards the end of the show Pinto said UN_ football under Muss was terrible. Tank lit up and said that was not a "fair statement" to make. He was pissed, you could tell by tone in his voice. The show ended shortly thereafter. I couldn't help but wonder how the conversation went after they were off the air.

Tank showed his true colors today and all it took is to say that UN_ football was terrible under Muss. Even the most ardent UN_ homers admit that their football team sucked under Muss.

NWNDBison
12-11-2013, 10:11 AM
NDSU had the largest attendance of any playoff site on Sat. Good enough for me...in the first playoff game with an expected blowout. Let's see how the playoffs progress. Granted, Montana would have had a much larger attendance if the weather was warmer, but beyond Montana the other 6 playoff sites counted less than 5,000.

56BISON73
12-11-2013, 06:52 PM
56, lol..SUPER bowl!!

I must be aging a lot faster than you, after saturdays game this lady came up to me and asked.."Would you like SUPER SEX"?

I replied..."I'll take the Soup"!

Wow I must be getting old!

Soup is good this time of year!!!! But you can always get soup.