PDA

View Full Version : Another Gold Out next week?!

SomeBeach
12-04-2011, 01:00 AM
So, do we go back to regular jerseys next week? Or do we bow to superstition and wear the mismatched yellow in deference to the cosmic karma? I know my vote... scrap the sunflower suits...but I hate to tempt fate....

KSBisonFan
12-04-2011, 01:14 AM
I'm with you.....go back to green....Not a fan of the yellow/gold.

Swaghook
12-04-2011, 01:23 AM
I don't care which they wear, just win!

HerdBot
12-04-2011, 02:09 AM
Gold out fans. Team green jerseys.

THEsocalledfan
12-04-2011, 02:33 AM
Number one rule in all of sports:

Don't change anything when you are rolling. Gold is the color.

BlueBisonRock
12-04-2011, 02:36 AM

Good point. The same underware stay on all week. See you next weekend!

THEsocalledfan
12-04-2011, 02:41 AM

Rock, in New Orleans right now, and was crushed I could not be there, but caught the second half at a bar. I WILL be there next weekend with the kids. Olivia watched on the Xbox without me! (My evil plan to brainwash my kids is complete.)

C ya next week.

HerdBot
12-04-2011, 04:28 AM

nah we started the season in gold and won the conference in green

if anything follow same pattern. Start playoffs in gold win national championship in green

devin45k
12-04-2011, 04:37 AM

I thought u were more of a thong kind of guy

JMB
12-04-2011, 12:16 PM
I hope not, the game may end up on ESPN2 and I would hate to have a national audience think we dress our football players like sunflowers.

BlueBisonRock
12-04-2011, 03:51 PM
I thought u were more of a thong kind of guy

Which makes this more of a commitment.

Been hiding in my closet again? You could do a better job of cleaning up.....

BisoninNWMN
12-04-2011, 03:59 PM
I like the gold jerseys.

Either one is fine.

HandoEX
12-04-2011, 04:03 PM
I like the gold jerseys too. Thinking they will go back to green though.

PaBizon
12-04-2011, 04:06 PM
I like the gold jerseys too. Thinking they will go back to green though.

Like the gold but I don't think they'll wear them back to back. Hope I'm wrong.

Bisonfan1
12-04-2011, 04:19 PM
nah we started the season in gold and won the conference in green

if anything follow same pattern. Start playoffs in gold win national championship in green

OK Gabe, for once :D I like your thinking here ! Im in with this.

Bisonfan1
12-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Rock, in New Orleans right now, and was crushed I could not be there, but caught the second half at a bar. I WILL be there next weekend with the kids. Olivia watched on the Xbox without me! (My evil plan to brainwash my kids is complete.)

C ya next week.

Thanx for the warning , TAB please move our tailgate so TSCF cant find us ! :D

SomeBeach
12-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Guess I'm just too much of a traditionalist. My closest acceptable break from "tradition" is that we'd wear the WHITE on Gold Pants for all our games at home.... like LSU does... and like we used to do for away games. That is a sharp look, in my (admittedly old) book.

NDSUFan_Sav
12-04-2011, 04:40 PM
I say have we have Oregon like Jerseys made for next week or go all black!

NWNDBison
12-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Personally, I kind of like the gold jerseys, but I don't think they look real good on TV. But if they wear green jerseys is that too much green against a green turf? Gotta admit, the gold stands out. When a player is down, there's no mistaking his body for turf.

PaBizon
12-04-2011, 05:50 PM

Absolutley not. The UND who are looking at doing that and we have no black in the school colors.

coldspot
12-04-2011, 06:10 PM

I see your all black and I raise you all yellow.

JMB
12-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Absolutley not. The UND who are looking at doing that and we have no black in the school colors.

Although in UND's defense they could go with the black and pink look and at least use one of their colors.

PaBizon
12-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Although in UND's defense they could go with the black and pink look and at least use one of their colors.

Ha PINK I get it :)

Facts
12-04-2011, 09:04 PM
I see your all black and I raise you all yellow.

^^^THIS^^^

also, if they didn't tell us about the gold out's the impact on the crowd would be that much more, even though it may have lost it's orginality by now. However, I'd also like to see green pants, green jersey's, gold helmet. Mix it up!

Strommer10
12-04-2011, 09:37 PM
I think we go back to our traditional Green jersey's and yellow pants for the rest of the playoffs. They yellow has to be timed perfectly and shouldn't be over used. I really think it would be a mistake if we went with them the rest of the the way.

Nothing fancy, tradition= Wear green, pound the rock, timely play action passes, & SOLID defense. That's how we win the championship.

56BISON73
12-04-2011, 09:50 PM

You keep talking shit like that I will feel compelled to hide your feed bag.(no soup for you)

56BISON73
12-04-2011, 09:55 PM
^^^THIS^^^

also, if they didn't tell us about the gold out's the impact on the crowd would be that much more, even though it may have lost it's orginality by now. However, I'd also like to seed green pants, green jersey's, gold helmet. Mix it up!

The Gold Rush thing is nothing more than marketing to sell merchandise. Its a collaboration between NDSU and Scheels. Its called doing business. But the gold jerseys should only be used for special games. You dont announce stuff like that. You come out in your regular unis. Go through your warm ups. But when you come out of the tunnel wearing the special jersey the crowd goes ape shit. Now its just another jersey.

A1pigskin
12-04-2011, 11:52 PM
game on....................

CAS4127
12-05-2011, 12:12 AM
Simple Simon my friends. We started the regular season with these jerseys and now we started our second season with them. Now we go back to traditional!!

GO BISON!!

Facts
12-05-2011, 12:16 AM
The Gold Rush thing is nothing more than marketing to sell merchandise. Its a collaboration between NDSU and Scheels. Its called doing business. But the gold jerseys should only be used for special games. You dont announce stuff like that. You come out in your regular unis. Go through your warm ups. But when you come out of the tunnel wearing the special jersey the crowd goes ape shit. Now its just another jersey.

You are exactly right. I wish it would've gone down like that.

BlueBisonRock
12-05-2011, 01:45 AM
Simple Simon my friends. We started the regular season with these jerseys and now we started our second season with them. Now we go back to traditional!!

GO BISON!!

No doubt there CAS. However, we all know there are jerseys that do make a crowd smile. Right?

Obviously dead meat for this one. But if I am going out, it will be with a smile on my face! :)

Tatanka
12-05-2011, 01:52 AM
No doubt there CAS. However, we all know there are jerseys that do make a crowd smile. Right?

Obviously dead meat for this one. But if I am going out, it will be with a smile on my face! :)

There's a fine line between brave and crazy. You've found the line.

Answer Guy
12-05-2011, 02:09 AM

CAS isn't a fan of teh "Alternate" jersey? :confused:

56BISON73
12-05-2011, 02:15 AM
You are exactly right. I wish it would've gone down like that.

I heard that that was what was planned BUT Bohl didnt like the changing of the jerseys after warm up. Didnt want the team to lose focus.

BigBison
12-05-2011, 04:59 AM
i really like our Gold/Yellow jerseys but Green is good too. But the FANS should continue to wear GOLD/Yellow!!!!

GRAFTONBISON
12-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Don't care if the team wears replica's of the jersey CAS had to endure for awhile on Satuday.

Just win the damn game!!! :ranting:

344Johnson
12-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Maybe for this game, we shoul order the baggy old uni's that the team wore during CAS's time at NDSU. With the yellow pants with the solid green stripe and the Snorty on the helmet.

IBleedYellow
12-05-2011, 03:48 PM
I really wish they wouldn't announce anything for the jersey we are going to wear! Let the coaches and players decide. I know for sure that if they would come out of the tunnel in Gold or Green we are still going to be yelling loud. We're the Bison and they are our team! Why wouldn't we cheer?

UncleBuck
12-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Go back to green, I like the comment gold to start, green to finish.

Or, have a GREEN RUSH and wear green jerseys and the green road pants.

Ginsbach
12-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Go back to green, I like the comment gold to start, green to finish.

Or, have a GREEN RUSH and wear green jerseys and the green road pants.

Green on green on green turf isn't the greatest look, though.

On a different note, does anyone know if/when Scheels will be getting more of the gold jerseys in? I'll be flying back in to Fargo later this month and would like to pick one up if at all possible.

aces1180
12-05-2011, 05:29 PM

On a different note, does anyone know if/when Scheels will be getting more of the gold jerseys in? I'll be flying back in to Fargo later this month and would like to pick one up if at all possible.

They have plenty of authentics and they are on sale for $199.99, down from $275 each...Not sure about replicas, however.

coloradobison
12-05-2011, 05:30 PM

I was there last week just after Thanksgiving and there were about 30 or so of them there. IIRC there were 81, 20 and 16 jerseys.

Ginsbach
12-05-2011, 05:34 PM
They have plenty of authentics and they are on sale for $199.99, down from $275 each...Not sure about replicas, however.

I was there last week just after Thanksgiving and there were about 30 or so of them there. IIRC there were 81, 20 and 16 jerseys.

Awesome. Thank you both! Hopefully they'll still be there when I fly back on the 17th.

TransAmBison
12-05-2011, 05:39 PM
I was there last week just after Thanksgiving and there were about 30 or so of them there. IIRC there were 81, 20 and 16 jerseys.Those were the authentic ones...kinda pricey. The replicas will not be coming back until late summer.

heffray
12-05-2011, 06:03 PM
^^^THIS^^^

also, if they didn't tell us about the gold out's the impact on the crowd would be that much more, even though it may have lost it's orginality by now. However, I'd also like to see green pants, green jersey's, gold helmet. Mix it up!

to anyone who doesn't like the yellow jerseys: seriously? what's wrong with yellow? last i checked they are in our color scheme. any combination of green, gold (yellow), and white are good with me. saying you don't like the yellow jerseys is like saying you don't like yellow in our color scheme. i think it's good that they finally have a third jersey, most college teams do that now, and yellow just makes sense.

heffray
12-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Does anyone know what the old, old, old jersey's looked like, from way back when they were the ag school? i think a throwback jersey, kinda like the packers acme jersey, would be sweet.

BlueBisonRock
12-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Does anyone know what the old, old, old jersey's looked like, from way back when they were the ag school? i think a throwback jersey, kinda like the packers acme jersey, would be sweet.

I really can't remember. PL, do you still have yours? :)

roadwarrior
12-05-2011, 06:39 PM
You can find all kinds of old pics here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ndsu-university-archives/collections/72157627860423491/

BisonTeacher
12-05-2011, 06:44 PM
to anyone who doesn't like the yellow jerseys: seriously? what's wrong with yellow? last i checked they are in our color scheme. any combination of green, gold (yellow), and white are good with me. saying you don't like the yellow jerseys is like saying you don't like yellow in our color scheme. i think it's good that they finally have a third jersey, most college teams do that now, and yellow just makes sense.

Just because a uniform has the school colors on it doesnt mean it looks good. 1234

56BISON73
12-05-2011, 06:48 PM

Yes its in the color scheme. But it doesnt have to be the main player. Seriously---Bold----is that the limit of your critical thinking?

heffray
12-06-2011, 05:40 AM
Yes its in the color scheme. But it doesnt have to be the main player. Seriously---Bold----is that the limit of your critical thinking?

My bad. Lets dig deeper into this issue. Clearly we need to think really hard about the color scheme. Having a third jersey color is all about marketing, making money. If you think its not a good idea to have a third jersey for our football team, that's a different discussion. It is a good idea. So lets take a look at our colors. Let's see, we've got green, white, and yellow/gold. Well we've already got a green one, and a white one. What would you suggest we use instead of yellow? I guarantee if it was anything other than yellow, it would be more controversial, because it's not in the color scheme.

So, if picking a third jersey is all about marketing, making sense, and our color scheme, yellow is the obvious choice. If you don't like the choice, you don't like yellow in our color scheme... or you don't like making sense, or money.

Let's go deeper. YOU clearly don't like the yellow jerseys. I'm guessing you think they're not masculine enough for football, or something along those lines. Sounds like someone is a homophobe. Most deep seeded homophobia is triggered by a self-loathing for ones own feelings or tendancies.

Or maybe you just don't like the color yellow, at all. Perhaps there is some supressed memory for your childhood that includes the color yellow, and you've had an aversion to it ever since.

So to sum up, you don't like yellow in the color scheme, either because you hate money, logic, or you're gay (not that there's anything wrong with that). Or you just hate yellow, and you can't really explain why, but when you think about it long enough a voice inside you tells you to burn things.

Was that the kind of critical thinking you were looking for? Sorry, maybe i'm way off, i thought we were just talking about jersey colors. I'm no good at this.

heffray
12-06-2011, 05:45 AM
Just because a uniform has the school colors on it doesnt mean it looks good. 1234

Now, those are ridiculous. I don't think you can liken the Gold Rush jerseys to the Terps atrocity, even if you hate the color yellow.

JustinTyem
12-06-2011, 06:37 AM
I GOT IT....... Really I got............lets go DUCKY!!!!! Really,now that its Stupid. Oregon Ducks have like what White,Hunter Green,Neon Yellow,Toxic Green,Grey,Black and a couple others. Thats STUPID. Having a Green,Gold(Yellow) and White are smart.

mgbison
12-06-2011, 07:16 AM
I think we should do something like what Florida does. Have the same style uniform, but have a green, yellow and white jeraey and a green, yellow and white pants. I wish we would wear white pants on ocassion, but it probably won't ever happen.

devin45k
12-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Every old timer has hated any sort of change with logos and uniforms. Its adapting to the times. I am cool with the jerseys because they keep the same scheme. Its not like these other schools that are changing their logos, colors, and helmets for there alternative jerseys. We are changing with the times while keeping our tradition in tact. It's another way to grow the brand and the fan base.

I dont have a strong opinion on whether they wear them or not. I do prefer to see the gold again this weekend. Could be a good luck charm that we may have to use throughout the playoffs.

unbison
12-06-2011, 11:09 AM
i dont dislike yellow.........i really think those yellow jersies look craptastic...........they look like ringer t's with numbers on them..could be the green pants as well but overall i find them ugly and cheap looking

56BISON73
12-06-2011, 02:17 PM
My bad. Lets dig deeper into this issue. Clearly we need to think really hard about the color scheme. Having a third jersey color is all about marketing, making money. If you think its not a good idea to have a third jersey for our football team, that's a different discussion. It is a good idea. So lets take a look at our colors. Let's see, we've got green, white, and yellow/gold. Well we've already got a green one, and a white one. What would you suggest we use instead of yellow? I guarantee if it was anything other than yellow, it would be more controversial, because it's not in the color scheme.

So, if picking a third jersey is all about marketing, making sense, and our color scheme, yellow is the obvious choice. If you don't like the choice, you don't like yellow in our color scheme... or you don't like making sense, or money.

Let's go deeper. YOU clearly don't like the yellow jerseys. I'm guessing you think they're not masculine enough for football, or something along those lines. Sounds like someone is a homophobe. Most deep seeded homophobia is triggered by a self-loathing for ones own feelings or tendancies.

Or maybe you just don't like the color yellow, at all. Perhaps there is some supressed memory for your childhood that includes the color yellow, and you've had an aversion to it ever since.

So to sum up, you don't like yellow in the color scheme, either because you hate money, logic, or you're gay (not that there's anything wrong with that). Or you just hate yellow, and you can't really explain why, but when you think about it long enough a voice inside you tells you to burn things.

Was that the kind of critical thinking you were looking for? Sorry, maybe i'm way off, i thought we were just talking about jersey colors. I'm no good at this.

Obviously you are confused so I will make it simple for you. Yellow in the color scheme is ok. I just dont care for the yellow jerseys.
Those thoughts and opinions can be mutually exclusive. But there I go confusing you again.:biggrin:

56BISON73
12-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Every old timer has hated any sort of change with logos and uniforms. Its adapting to the times. I am cool with the jerseys because they keep the same scheme. Its not like these other schools that are changing their logos, colors, and helmets for there alternative jerseys. We are changing with the times while keeping our tradition in tact. It's another way to grow the brand and the fan base. I dont have a strong opinion on whether they wear them or not. I do prefer to see the gold again this weekend. Could be a good luck charm that we may have to use throughout the playoffs.

Yellow jerseys are a way to grow the brand and fan base? I didnt realize that there was a whole contingent of people out there who love the color yellow that our marketing dept is trying to target.:facepalm2:

gotts
12-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Yellow jerseys are a way to grow the brand and fan base? I didnt realize that there was a whole contingent of people out there who love the color yellow that our marketing dept is trying to target.:facepalm2:

All arguments aside, seeing a bunch of yellow in the stands (whether from t-shirt or jersey) on the ESPN 3 replay is awesome!!!!!!

heffray
12-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Obviously you are confused so I will make it simple for you. Yellow in the color scheme is ok. I just dont care for the yellow jerseys.
Those thoughts and opinions can be mutually exclusive. But there I go confusing you again.:biggrin:

Yeah, sorry, in my limited critical thinking abilities, this simply will not do.

56BISON73
12-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Yeah, sorry, in my limited critical thinking abilities, this simply will not do.

I understand. Have a good day.:biggrin:

devin45k
12-06-2011, 06:17 PM

You can keep denying it but the "gold rush" did bring in more casual fans than normal. It also created more buzz about the playoffs.

It has nothing to do with just the color yellow. Its something new and different. We are changing with the times.

aces1180
12-06-2011, 06:19 PM
You can keep denying it but the "gold rush" did bring in more casual fans than normal. It also created more buzz about the playoffs.

WHAT!!???

I would think it was the magnitude of the game that brought in more fans, not some silly promotion.

Putz
12-06-2011, 06:24 PM
All arguments aside, seeing a bunch of yellow in the stands (whether from t-shirt or jersey) on the ESPN 3 replay is awesome!!!!!!

I agree with this. I've always liked the look of a football stadium when the fan base is wearing all the same color. How can we get more people in the stands to throw on a yellow shirt?

devin45k
12-06-2011, 06:33 PM
WHAT!!???

I would think it was the magnitude of the game that brought in more fans, not some silly promotion.

I am keeping in mind its a playoff game too. I mean gold out games are done for a reason and that marketing and expanding our fan base.

devin45k
12-06-2011, 06:35 PM
I agree with this. I've always liked the look of a football stadium when the fan base is wearing all the same color. How can we get more people in the stands to throw on a yellow shirt?

I really do the think the "gold rush" idea helped. It bugs me to look in the stand most weeks seeing the stubborness of some people. I see all these other fanbases that are willing to make the stadium one color.

CAS4127
12-06-2011, 06:37 PM
I am keeping in mind its a playoff game too. I mean gold out games are done for a reason and that marketing and expanding our fan base.

"Gold out" or "Gold rush" may have caused more discussion/conversation about the game than normal, but if it motivated even 5 people to come to the game I would be very circumcised!!

BisonTeacher
12-06-2011, 06:39 PM
IM on record hating the gold jerseys...but I wore gold last weekend too. It would have cooler if more people did as well.

TransAmBison
12-06-2011, 06:41 PM
"Gold out" or "Gold rush" may have caused more discussion/conversation about the game than normal, but if it motivated even 5 people to come to the game I would be very circumcised!!bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

BadlandsBison
12-06-2011, 06:44 PM
bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahaha

:rofl::rofl:Auto Complete :D

TransAmBison
12-06-2011, 06:44 PM
:rofl::rofl:Auto Complete :DThe fail is strong with this one.

Ferd
12-06-2011, 06:45 PM
"Gold out" or "Gold rush" may have caused more discussion/conversation about the game than normal, but if it motivated even 5 people to come to the game I would be very circumcised!!
That's pretty drastic... Why not just go with another offensive "salmon" jersey???

HerdBot
12-06-2011, 07:24 PM
That's pretty drastic... Why not just go with another offensive "salmon" jersey???

Nobody is going to a game because they are so excited to wear or look at gold Jersey . They have been seen already and its no longer a topic of discussion . It will encourage Bison fans who normally wear green to wear gold.

BlueBisonRock
12-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Nobody is going to a game because they are so excited to wear or look at gold shirt. They have been seen already. It will encourage Bison fans who normally wear green to wear gold.

Gold, not so much. However, I would attend another game - even if it were a way away game, simply to observe CAS in salmon.

heffray
12-06-2011, 07:59 PM
IM on record hating the gold jerseys...but I wore gold last weekend too. It would have cooler if more people did as well.

^This? ...and i'm not trying to start anything here, but can someone please explain to me what is not to like about these jerseys. I'll explain the premise of having a third jersey to you all, but I think you get it. So if you want to go on record with not liking the yellow jerseys, please answer these 2 questions:

1. Why?
2. What color do you suggest otherwise for a third Jersey?

I'm just very curious what your reasons are. I promise I won't make fun of you this time.

CAS4127
12-06-2011, 08:04 PM
^This? ...and i'm not trying to start anything here, but can someone please explain to me what is not to like about these jerseys. I'll explain the premise of having a third jersey to you all, but I think you get it. So if you want to go on record with not liking the yellow jerseys, please answer these 2 questions:

1. Why?

I'm just very curious what your reasons are. I promise I won't make fun of you this time.

?1. Just don't--they look silly.

?2. None, meaning have only 2.

Thanks for asking.

heffray
12-06-2011, 08:06 PM

Thanks for asking.

Bold: ...assuming you have to have one, because, fact is we do.

CAS4127
12-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Gold, not so much. However, I would attend another game - even if it were a way away game, simply to observe CAS in salmon.
http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/Feet-Up[1].gif
Shouldn't you be reading the paper or something??!!!

CAS4127
12-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Bold: ...assuming you have to have one, because, fact is we do.

Since when, and why?-->enlighten me please!!

56BISON73
12-06-2011, 08:13 PM
WHAT!!???

Yeah those were my thoughts as well. I dont know of anyone who attended the game because NDSU was wearing those "purty yellow jerseys" WOW

bisonsupporter
12-06-2011, 08:30 PM

1. Why?

1. they look like practice jerseys
2. green for home and white for away is all we need.

TransAmBison
12-06-2011, 08:32 PM
We have the yellow. They are not going away. Deal with it. It is not going to change.*

*Coming from the guy who wants Snorty back! :D

56BISON73
12-06-2011, 08:42 PM
We have the yellow. They are not going away. Deal with it. It is not going to change.*

*Coming from the guy who wants Snorty back! :D

This all dependent on sales and acceptance.

TransAmBison
12-06-2011, 08:46 PM
This all dependent on sales and acceptance.It has been accepted. C'mon...you don't like it but you have to admit it has been accepted. Sales have been good...they don't have any replicas left...for a long time now.

56BISON73
12-06-2011, 09:07 PM
It has been accepted. C'mon...you don't like it but you have to admit it has been accepted. Sales have been good...they don't have any replicas left...for a long time now.

1st year sales should be good. Lets see how they do over a couple more years when its not supposedly special anymore. They have already killed the jersey for big games. Notre Dame used to do it with great success. But the fans never knew when they would wear them. At one time they also wore a different helment every now and then. But that was their gig.

I am sure when the marketing agreement ends they will sit down and determine whether to continue it or not. Its not written in stone.

heffray
12-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Since when, and why?-->enlighten me please!!

Sorry, I didn't mean that we have to have one, I meant that we should ASSUME that we have to have one, because we DO have one. Only for the sake of the argument.

TransAmBison
12-06-2011, 09:23 PM
1st year sales should be good. Lets see how they do over a couple more years when its not supposedly special anymore. They have already killed the jersey for big games. Notre Dame used to do it with great success. But the fans never knew when they would wear them. At one time they also wore a different helment every now and then. But that was their gig.

I am sure when the marketing agreement ends they will sit down and determine whether to continue it or not. Its not written in stone.:facepalm: They have not killed anything except in the minds of a few. Sure, they could have done it better, but nothing has been killed. And sales were not just good...selling out way before the holidays is more than good. Not being able to reorder is too bad for Scheels.

tony
12-06-2011, 09:24 PM

Thanks for asking.

Speaking of appearances...

http://img.ffffound.com/static-data/assets/6/3cf1acde666add7f6ade79de5053e3d92a920e55_m.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO! SNAP! :biggrin:

56BISON73
12-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean that we have to have one, I meant that we should ASSUME that we have to have one, because we DO have one. Only for the sake of the argument.

You wrote for Sienfield right. :)

56BISON73
12-06-2011, 09:28 PM
:facepalm: They have not killed anything except in the minds of a few. Sure, they could have done it better, but nothing has been killed. And sales were not just good...selling out way before the holidays is more than good. Not being able to reorder is too bad for Scheels.

All depends on the numbers. Selling out a couple of hundred would not be exceptional. Now if you are talking thousands thats a different story.

heffray
12-06-2011, 09:28 PM
1. they look like practice jerseys
2. green for home and white for away is all we need.

Clearly there is a different argument going on here than not liking the color yellow. I think we can all agree that if WE HAVE TO have a third jersey, which we don't, but someone decided we do, yellow is the most logical choice. Whether you like Yellow or not as a football jersey color is subjective.

The different argument I guess is, "Why have a third jersey?" So maybe I can get your opinions on why we have this third jersey.

Just stating for the record here, that I'm not all about changing everything and making all the jerseys always look contemporary and, maybe "futuristic" is the right word. I actually prefer a jersey that looks "old school" to something like what oregon does. Even the fancy yellow strip on our green pants is not really something I like. Just some more banter.

heffray
12-06-2011, 09:29 PM
You wrote for Sienfield right. :)

I'm going to go right ahead and take this as a compliment. Don't care if you meant it as one or not.

CAS4127
12-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Speaking of appearances...

http://img.ffffound.com/static-data/assets/6/3cf1acde666add7f6ade79de5053e3d92a920e55_m.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO! SNAP! :biggrin:

No Champions Room visit for Tony--nope!!

TransAmBison
12-06-2011, 09:33 PM
All depends on the numbers. Selling out a couple of hundred would not be exceptional. Now if you are talking thousands thats a different story.They sold more than they planned. Only fools would plan for being sold out before Christmas with a playoff type team. They had better than "good" sales. BOOYAH!!!!!!!! :D

56BISON73
12-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Clearly there is a different argument going on here than not liking the color yellow. I think we can all agree that if WE HAVE TO have a third jersey, which we don't, but someone decided we do, yellow is the most logical choice. Whether you like Yellow or not as a football jersey color is subjective.

The different argument I guess is, "Why have a third jersey?" So maybe I can get your opinions on why we have this third jersey.

Just stating for the record here, that I'm not all about changing everything and making all the jerseys always look contemporary and, maybe "futuristic" is the right word. I actually prefer a jersey that looks "old school" to something like what oregon does. Even the fancy yellow strip on our green pants is not really something I like. Just some more banter.

It seems to me the main reason is--because so and so does it and its cool. It doesnt show we are progressive or staying up with the times. Its just copying what some other teams have done. There really isnt a NEED for a third jersey. If you are to have a 3rd jersey IMO it should be for a REALLY big game if you are going to do one at all. But unless you are going to foot the bill yourself you have to enter in to a marketing agreement so you dont have to foot the bill and the vendor can then make some money. To do that you have to promote the new jersey. How do you do that-------Now its not special anymore. As you see there is more at play here than just the color thing. Which as you have ascertained by now yellow isnt my favorite color. Plus it smacks in the face of tradition. I will take tradition over marketing a product anyday. If you are going market something market the product on the field of play. NDSU Football. Just sayin:)

56BISON73
12-06-2011, 09:52 PM
I'm going to go right ahead and take this as a compliment. Don't care if you meant it as one or not.

Strictly a tongue in cheek compliment.. Thought it was funny.

heffray
12-06-2011, 10:21 PM
It seems to me the main reason is--because so and so does it and its cool. It doesnt show we are progressive or staying up with the times. Its just copying what some other teams have done. There really isnt a NEED for a third jersey. If you are to have a 3rd jersey IMO it should be for a REALLY big game if you are going to do one at all. But unless you are going to foot the bill yourself you have to enter in to a marketing agreement so you dont have to foot the bill and the vendor can then make some money. To do that you have to promote the new jersey. How do you do that-------Now its not special anymore. As you see there is more at play here than just the color thing. Which as you have ascertained by now yellow isnt my favorite color. Plus it smacks in the face of tradition. I will take tradition over marketing a product anyday. If you are going market something market the product on the field of play. NDSU Football. Just sayin:)

There is just so much here that I want to say:

because so and so does it and its cool, doesnt show we are progressive or staying up with the times, some other teams - there are a lot of jersey gimicks out there and a lot of teams that do it, not just some. Yes it is a trend, and yes we are copying it, but we didn't invent football either. I think it's a good trend.

the vendor can then make some money - Wouldn't we make money too? Also, I don't see how wearing this jersey once or twice a year would be ruining anything.

Plus it smacks in the face of tradition - This argument just does not hold up. It's a trend. Why don't we have the exact same jerseys as we did years ago? Because we follow trends, it's normal. If you don't like it, it's probably because your old, and I don't mean this in a bad way, but you'll be gone soon, and you need to cater your marketing of NDSU football to the younger crowd and that's clearly what they are doing.

I think I've also gone on record that I think those throwback jerseys that the Packers have are awesome, and something similar for the Bison would be really cool too.

heffray
12-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Strictly a tongue in cheek compliment.. Thought it was funny.

No, I did too. Stupid written word, never can tell sarcasm...

heffray
12-06-2011, 10:25 PM
I was just talking to someone who is not as familiar with our program and who had never seen the Yellow Jerseys before, and he just described them as "Classy."

Just sayin'...

BisonTeacher
12-06-2011, 10:33 PM

1. Why?

1. I just don't like the way this Jersey looks. Especially with the green pants.
2. Im not against them being gold...but its too much right now...maybe somewhite in there would help.

Im not against a third jersey. Could care less either way. Just not liking these ones. If your going to do it...it better look good.

tony
12-06-2011, 10:33 PM
No Champions Room visit for Tony--nope!!

Wow, I swung and missed with that anyway since you do have the facial hairs. :(

MAKBison
12-07-2011, 05:38 AM
Yeah those were my thoughts as well. I dont know of anyone who attended the game because NDSU was wearing those "purty yellow jerseys" WOW

Do not forget the impact on future games. A crowed all dressed in yellow plays very well on TV news ect.

devin45k
12-07-2011, 09:04 AM

Yes, theyre called chicks bro

NorthernBison
12-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Let me get this straight.

Before the season started there was a lot of talk about how the NDSU Marketing Department need to do new things and generate some excitement. Freshen the product up, so to speak.

Now that they have done something that is also being done around the country, many of the same people say that this is a bad thing because it breaks with tradition.

* I'm not a big fan of the Gold/Yellow Jerseys either. I prefer the Green but can live with the new ones a couple times a year.

** I'm guilty of leaving my windshirt on Saturday (Green). FYI, Green clad fans don't look much different than blue seats from where I sit. Yellow stands out.

Bison"FANatic"
12-07-2011, 03:03 PM
** I'm guilty of leaving my windshirt on Saturday (Green).

Me to it was actually cold in there at the beginning.

BisonTeacher
12-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Me to it was actually cold in there at the beginning.

YOu guys obviously didnt have enough "spirits" in the West lot before the game. :biggrin:

75NOVA
12-07-2011, 03:56 PM
I will not buy the yellow jersey. I don't hate it but i don't really care for it. Sell throw backs and and i'll buy two!

NDSU92
12-07-2011, 03:58 PM
I will not buy the yellow jersey. I don't hate it but i don't really care for it. Sell throw backs and and i'll buy two!

AMEN

ten char

jimmyptubas
12-07-2011, 04:12 PM

Just for curiosity's sake, what would a throwback look like. They've always had green jerseys as long as I can remember.

TransAmBison
12-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Just for curiosity's sake, what would a throwback look like. They've always had green jerseys as long as I can remember.
Where is a equipment manager when you need one?! CAS?!

BisonTeacher
12-07-2011, 04:43 PM

Just a different style. Probably more of a solid color (white or green) with stripes around the sleeves. Think like vikings purple jerseys now as opposed to vikings purple jerseys in 70's and 80's. Just cuz they are the same color, one is still a throwback.

CAS4127
12-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Just a different style. Probably more of a solid color (white or green) with stripes around the sleeves. Think like vikings purple jerseys now as opposed to vikings purple jerseys in 70's and 80's. Just cuz they are the same color, one is still a throwback.

This is the jersey I wore in the 1988 NC game (the one I am wearing, not the one salmon colored one Tranny is carrying):
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/Tailgating 2011/JMU vs NDSU Tailgating/DSC_3775.jpg

BisonTeacher
12-07-2011, 05:22 PM
This is the jersey I wore in the 1988 NC game (the one I am wearing, not the one salmon colored one Tranny is carrying):
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/Tailgating 2011/JMU vs NDSU Tailgating/DSC_3775.jpg

Exactly what I meant. (The Green one)

heffray
12-07-2011, 05:27 PM

See, I would prefer something like that even over the yellow ones that have. I think also, an OLD OLD OLD school one from early 1900's would be sweet too, kind of like what the Packers do. I don't like the Packers, but their throwbacks are some of the most original in the NFL. Also, to the oldsters who don't like the new stuff, this would be a good way to pay homage to our steep tradition.

75NOVA
12-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Threre's no wrong here, it's just a matter of opinion. Just like people like classic cars and classic rock, but not everbody does. Scheels should sell them both. We're all on the same team. Let's shoot down some turdy birds on saturday. GO BISON!

bluebison35
12-07-2011, 08:00 PM
There is something wrong in this picture.....it has to do with a man wearing jeans that have been bedazzled!! :hide:

bisonhp330
12-07-2011, 08:08 PM
There is something wrong in this picture.....it has to do with a man wearing jeans that have been bedazzled!! :hide:

http://i40.tinypic.com/3525bwz.gif

CAS4127
12-07-2011, 08:13 PM

Chicks dig them, or so I like to tell myself.:biggrin:

Also, they were a gift!!:confused:

Lastly, I actualy have a couple of other pair!!:facepalm:

Answer Guy
12-07-2011, 08:15 PM
I don't like the Packers, but their throwbacks are some of the most original in the NFL.

Can they be both throwbacks and original?

CAS4127
12-07-2011, 08:22 PM

Yes, consider the clothes you pull out of the free box of the goodwill stores in Grand Spoons and wear all to frequently. They are throwbacks for the previous owners, but they are original to you!!:biggrin:

BlueBisonRock
12-07-2011, 08:23 PM

Thinking about this.... Wouldn't the original be the ultimate throwback?

bisonhp330
12-07-2011, 08:25 PM
:offtopic:

wait.....are we talking about the jerseys or CAS jeans? i lost track.......:sigpalm:

Answer Guy
12-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Yes, consider the clothes you pull out of the free box of the goodwill stores in Grand Spoons and wear all to frequently. They are throwbacks for the previous owners, but they are original to you!!:biggrin:

You seem less uptight than last week. :confused:

TransAmBison
12-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Chicks dig them, or so I like to tell myself.:biggrin:

Also, they were a gift!!:confused:

Lastly, I actualy have a couple of other pair!!:facepalm:Do any of them come in a men's size? :D

CAS4127
12-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Do any of them come in a men's size? :D

Nope, just Superhero size!!:biggrin:

TransAmBison
12-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Nope, just Superhero size!!:biggrin:To match your wonderwoman underwear...I understand.

CAS4127
12-07-2011, 08:37 PM
To match your wonderwoman underwear...I understand.

Whatever-->thongman!!

Bison03
12-07-2011, 09:56 PM
NDSU needs to do a throwback jersey then auction them off. Better yet, a throwback helmet with ol' snorty on them. Those suckers would bring in some big bucks.

TransAmBison
12-07-2011, 10:47 PM
NDSU needs to do a throwback jersey then auction them off. Better yet, a throwback helmet with ol' snorty on them. Those suckers would bring in some big bucks.I'd be there. I'd offer to buy CAS's...but I want one that actually got used. :D

CAS4127
12-07-2011, 10:53 PM
To match your wonderwoman underwear...I understand.

I didn't save used condoms, and, besides XXL's stretched out don't fit the likes of jsniffers like u!!

ISXBISON
12-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Was at Scheel's this afternoon and the gold authentic jerseys are on sale for $199.99 if anyone is still looking to grab one. I think they were originally $279 or something like that.

Facts
12-08-2011, 12:23 AM
no, i did too. Stupid written word, never can tell sarcasm...

use the sarcasm font... you idiot!

heffray
12-08-2011, 12:43 AM
use the sarcasm font... you idiot!

nah, i'm a purist, i think colored written word cheapens the authenticity of it.

heckler
12-13-2011, 12:20 AM
Gold out for the Bison this weekend? Nvm izzo just tweeted they will wear yellow.

Bison03
12-13-2011, 12:48 AM
Bohl broke the news on Bison Feedback tonight.

Ginsbach
12-13-2011, 01:05 AM
I'm glad to hear it.

I might be in the minority, but I love the gold jerseys.

NDSU92
12-13-2011, 01:08 AM
I'm sure I'll get crucified by both sides but...I was nervous about this game till I found out about the jerseys, we got dis one

Swaghook
12-13-2011, 01:50 AM
I'm glad to hear it.

The players voted for the gold jerseys for this game, so they must like em.

Hammerhead
12-13-2011, 01:53 AM
I like the gold jerseys but would like to see the traditional green if we get to be the "home team" in Frisco.

heffray
12-13-2011, 02:51 AM
I'm glad to hear it.

You're only in the minority if you don't like yellow in our color scheme, or if you're an illogical idiot.

heffray
12-13-2011, 02:52 AM
I like the gold jerseys but would like to see the traditional green if we get to be the "home team" in Frisco.

^^^This....................