PDA

View Full Version : Great Job Crowd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BisoninHuskerland
12-03-2011, 11:50 PM
Just listened to a reporter asking their quarterback about the crowd and he said he lost his voice in the first quarter and a great atmosphere. The coaches said that it affected them in when it got past the 30s.

HoopsBison
12-03-2011, 11:55 PM
I have a huge headache but it was worth every screaming moment.

Great job Bison Nation!

devin45k
12-03-2011, 11:57 PM
lets keep this momentum and keep it rockin

JustinTyem
12-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Just listened to a reporter asking their quarterback about the crowd and he said he lost his voice in the first quarter and a great atmosphere. The coaches said that it affected them in when it got past the 30s.The ESPN 3 annoucers said it was like a Rock concert,and they used one of those thingys and showed it. http://www.hifiheadphonereviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/decibel_chart.jpg

tony
12-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Lid blew off the place in DJ's run.

GradBison
12-04-2011, 12:03 AM
My ears are ringing! Awesome job fans! See all 18K of you next week. :nod:

BisoninHuskerland
12-04-2011, 12:03 AM
Listen to the game from the james madison feed and watched on espn 3 their feed sounded like a crazy atmosphere (very loud and many times they reference to it). i wish i was there. maybe the quarterfinal.

Trim
12-04-2011, 12:13 AM
So how was watching it on ESPN3? I keep checking, but it's not in the replay section yet.

CaBisonFan
12-04-2011, 12:16 AM
So how was watching it on ESPN3? I keep checking, but it's not in the replay section yet.

It was excellent...with what appeared to be HD quality. Announcers were good...not great. There were moments of big-time roars!!

Best I've ever heard from the FD. Congratulations everyone!!

KSBisonFan
12-04-2011, 12:17 AM

ESPN3 broadcast was pretty decent if you can get past them calling us the Bissssssonssss and the analyst continually bragging about what a great player he used to be. Go Herd!!!!!

CaBisonFan
12-04-2011, 12:19 AM
ESPN3 broadcast was pretty decent if you can get past them calling us the Bissssssonssss and the analyst continually bragging about what a great player he used to be. Go Herd!!!!!

Yeah...the Bisssonsss was pretty obnoxious. These were about level-3 or 4 announcers within espn's announcers. They knew the game...but yeah...ego.

TheBisonator
12-04-2011, 12:20 AM
I can NOT STAND an analyst calling us "North Dakota". That gets my grill a million times more than "Bi-ssssss-on".

KSBisonFan
12-04-2011, 12:23 AM
I can NOT STAND an analyst calling us "North Dakota". That gets my grill a million times more than "Bi-ssssss-on".

Agreed! They slipped "North Dakota" in there too. One thing I do like about ESPN3 is the ability to watch 4 games at once....Today as the games came to a close there were some barn burners and I had 4 different games on the screen.....pretty sweet.

NDSUBowler
12-04-2011, 12:27 AM
This crowd was a complete 180 from the YSU game! Excellent!!! Place was full and everyone was into it...what a great day!

Loud and Proud Bison fan
12-04-2011, 12:28 AM
I must admit... nothing bugs me more than other commentators saying Bisssonsss. I get just peeved when they say that. Now, calling us North Dakota, can they give us any bigger insult!

devin45k
12-04-2011, 12:30 AM

its pronounced Bisssson almost everywhere else.....I have learned to tolerate that. It's also not a common word in our language. Most people don't even know the plural form of it.

not adding the "state" is annoying. If you were watching an Oregon State game, they know not to call it Oregon.

17>1
12-04-2011, 12:33 AM
Geez, start a different thread called "North Dakota Bisssons" so ya'll can bitch elsewhere. Who cares? That crowd was so jacked up, man that was fun. That first possession for JMU was probably the loudest I've ever heard in the FFD. If Marcus makes that pick and turns it into 6, that place would have exploded.

walknroehl
12-04-2011, 12:35 AM
Noise was great. One of the camera guys handed the handheld decibel meter to a guy 4 chairs over from me in the north endzone for the 4th and 15 play that we got the sack on. It read 120!

HerdBot
12-04-2011, 12:39 AM
I read 117 on my phone but that was a random sampling on a 3rd down in the 1st quarter

walknroehl
12-04-2011, 12:41 AM
I read 117 on my phone but that was a random sampling on a 3rd down in the 1st quarter

oooh! to the app store i go!

bisonbills
12-04-2011, 12:43 AM
I was at the Uni game and this game was louder IMHO.

KSBisonFan
12-04-2011, 12:44 AM
Crowd looked good on TV. Interesting how ESPN3 cameras focused on rowdy, wild, cheering fans as opposed to the in-state production which always finds the guy sleeping. Some of the other games had lots of empty seats. It seemed like the announcers were impressed with the noise and environment and even mentioned tailgaiting in 27 degree weather.

Tatanka
12-04-2011, 12:51 AM
Crowd looked good on TV. Interesting how ESPN3 cameras focused on rowdy, wild, cheering fans as opposed to the in-state production which always finds the guy sleeping. Some of the other games had lots of empty seats. It seemed like the announcers were impressed with the noise and environment and even mentioned tailgaiting in 27 degree weather.

They had a camera crew in the tailgate lot before the game... don't know what they did with the footage.

jimmyptubas
12-04-2011, 12:53 AM
I was at the Uni game and this game was louder IMHO.

I must agree with this. Loudest I've heard the dome for sure.

bisonmike2
12-04-2011, 12:54 AM
I listened to the first part of the game and then watched the second half on espn3. The crowd sounded much louder on the radio then on espn3.

bisonranch
12-04-2011, 12:54 AM
There are a few cell phone apps that that are decibel meters. Not sure how accurate they are...but might be fun for the next game....if you remember to look in-between yelling.

BisonAccountant44
12-04-2011, 01:02 AM
They had a camera crew in the tailgate lot before the game... don't know what they did with the footage.

File footage for next week :)

KSBisonFan
12-04-2011, 01:07 AM
They did show a shot of tailgating on the broadcast and some fans pre-game....it was a close-in shot and would have been nice had they scanned the lot.

HoopsBison
12-04-2011, 01:10 AM
The wave looked pretty fkn sweet in the Dome didnt it????

DjKyRo
12-04-2011, 01:11 AM
According to Warren Holloway's twitter the Dome was "stupid loud." I assume that's a good thing.

HandoEX
12-04-2011, 01:12 AM
Just hoping to have the voice back by next wekend. Uffdah!

Hammersmith
12-04-2011, 01:27 AM
Just hoping to have the voice back by next wekend. Uffdah!
Okay, we're going to have to sit down and work with you on how to yell properly. My voice is perfectly fine and I managed to make 99Bison's mom cover her ears for a big chunk of the game.

He, he, he. True.

Tatanka
12-04-2011, 01:29 AM
I can still talk. Barely.

Bison"FANatic"
12-04-2011, 01:32 AM
I have a voice but man do I have a headache.

runtheoption
12-04-2011, 01:40 AM
One of the camera guys in the NE corner handed a decibel meter to the guy across the aisle from me. It was on a key 3rd or 4th down in the 4th quarter. The guy across from held the meter facing out as the camera guy pointed the camera at the meter so he could record. This was the first row of Section 29. After the play was done, camera guy told we hit 120 decibels on that play. I think that could be a fairly accurate measurement, as that meter looked pretty fancy / complicated.

Very friggin impressive.

Comfortably Numb Bison
12-04-2011, 01:45 AM

That was cool, even the players were watching the wave as it circled the field. 2 complete times around. Way to go North endzone getting this started!

Ross
12-04-2011, 01:53 AM
The wave was pretty sweet. As I was walking past the tailgate lot after the game, there was a Valley News Live truck doing a live spot from the southeast corner with a ton of people standing around the reporter yelling their heads off.

Also, DjKyRo was the man tonight in the student section leading the "That's another BISON first down!" chants.

Bisonwinagn
12-04-2011, 02:02 AM
The wave was pretty sweet. As I was walking past the tailgate lot after the game, there was a Valley News Live truck doing a live spot from the southeast corner with a ton of people standing around the reporter yelling their heads off.

Also, DjKyRo was the man tonight in the student section leading the "That's another BISON first down!" chants.

Sounds like the crowd was awesome, but I will say this is one of the most annoying sayings ever. First downs....really? Is that impressive.

PaBizon
12-04-2011, 02:07 AM
Every 3rd down (and 4th down when they went for it) was f n crazy. The entire building was on their feet being loud n proud. Great job by the fans today. Rest up and get ready to be louder next week. I can't wait.

onbison09
12-04-2011, 02:09 AM

The wave should never be done in a sporting arena.

PaBizon
12-04-2011, 02:13 AM

Agreed. I sat that one out.

BlueBisonRock
12-04-2011, 02:14 AM
I can still talk. Barely.

This could be a good thing?!!!?

:)

NDSUstudent
12-04-2011, 02:21 AM
Agreed. I sat that one out.

Why we try to do the wave when we have the ball in now two games I have no idea.

PaBizon
12-04-2011, 02:25 AM
Why we try to do the wave when we have the ball in now two games I have no idea.

Having the ball or not it's stupid.

BisoninHuskerland
12-04-2011, 02:32 AM
It did not look as if there were many seats remaining. How many people would you guess.

bluebison35
12-04-2011, 02:35 AM
Lower part of section 34 even stood , thanks to myself and the two guys in front of me in row 2. Hard to say that the crowd wasn't a factor today. It was impressive. Thankful to be apart of it. GO BISON!!!

Go_Herd
12-04-2011, 02:37 AM
It did not look as if there were many seats remaining. How many people would you guess.

Bout 18,020

When they announced the number I was surprised it wasn't 18600-18800

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-04-2011, 02:46 AM
I must be loosing my hearing. I thought the UNI game was way louder, but for the UNI game I was in my normal Section 2 row B seats. This game I was in nose bleed seats in the infamous section 21, row FF. It didn't sound that loud from that far up. However, whenever I went down to the concession, it was quite louder down below. I never sat that high up before so I guess I was suprised, as I thought it would be louder the higher up you go, but apparently it is just the opposite.

BTW, just got back home from the game. Made the 180 mile trip in record time. A little over 2 hours. It took me longer to get out of the Applebee's parking lot than to drive to Tower City.

GO BISON!!!!!!!!

bisonwest
12-04-2011, 02:53 AM
The atmosphere was nuts tonight! The loudest game in Fargodome history. Let's all rest up the vocal chords this week and then blow the place up against Lehigh.

THEsocalledfan
12-04-2011, 02:54 AM
Well, THEsocalled fan will be there with family, so we can plan on the decible meter being about 10 notches higher.

ISXBISON
12-04-2011, 03:15 AM
The crowd and atmosphere was fantastic...great to see a dome full of people who actually wanted to be there!!

NDSUstudent
12-04-2011, 05:33 AM
Gotta love this quote from JMU's coach....

James Madison head coach Mickey Matthews, whose team won three road games in 2004 to win a national title. “Don’t get me wrong. We didn’t deserve to play at home. But we had to play in the toughest place in FCS football.”

Twentysix
12-04-2011, 05:35 AM
Sorry that is about us? or EKU? or both? or 2004?

devin45k
12-04-2011, 05:38 AM
Gotta love this quote from JMU's coach....

hot diggity

NDSUstudent
12-04-2011, 05:38 AM
I can assure that is not about the five fans at the EKU game. Here is the whole quote...

The Missouri Valley certainly had a lot to boast about Saturday.

With Northern Iowa’s 28-21 win over Wofford, the Valley went 2-0 Saturday. The Colonial, meanwhile, went 1-4 – with only Maine advancing to the quarterfinals.

“We were all happy to get into the playoffs, but four of the five (Colonial) teams had to travel,” said James Madison head coach Mickey Matthews, whose team won three road games in 2004 to win a national title. “Don’t get me wrong. We didn’t deserve to play at home. But we had to play in the toughest place in FCS football.”

Matthews, of course, was referring to the Fargodome – where 17,432 fans made it awfully difficult for James Madison’s offensive players to hear each other think.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/342772/group/Sports/

NDSUstudent
12-04-2011, 05:39 AM
This is from their QB...

James Madison Quarterback Justin Thorpe

On the NDSU home field advantage

"It was a great atmosphere I had to scream to get the plays out. I almost lost my voice towards the end of the first quarter. It was very loud, they played great defense."

Twentysix
12-04-2011, 05:51 AM
Norfolk state would demand we forfeit due to crowd noise.

They complained at a similarily sized outdoor stadium bwahahaha.

gizmo
12-04-2011, 11:40 AM

Ah, c'mon man! Loosen up and have a little fun! It's a ball game, not a funeral.

tjamz
12-04-2011, 12:33 PM

Except they did it when we were on OFFENSE and calling plays. You know, when we are supposed to sit down and shut up....

Tatanka
12-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Except they did it when we were on OFFENSE and calling plays. You know, when we are supposed to sit down and shut up....

It started during one of those insufferable tv timeouts. Lasted a bit too long yes. My kids thought it was great. I chose not to participate. Chillax

tjamz
12-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Yeah, I know...it was just annoying was all. I didn't participate either.

cbline
12-04-2011, 12:53 PM
An elderly couple, I'd say in their late 70's/early 80's, sat in front of us in Section 32. Those two were up all the time for big plays. Granted, they could not be as active in their cheering as the rest of us in that area, but they did their part. Was great to see their participation, and the participation of all those around us.

Tatanka
12-04-2011, 12:57 PM
An elderly couple, I'd say in their late 70's/early 80's, sat in front of us in Section 32. Those two were up all the time for big plays. Granted, they could not be as active in their cheering as the rest of us in that area, but they did their part. Was great to see their participation, and the participation of all those around us.

This. There were many many many participants in this game and it showed. South end zone was absolutely rocking. The crowd definitely made a difference...

4mcruenomore
12-04-2011, 12:59 PM
We had a blast in our section also. Little kids in front of us were crazy cheering, we had to try to keep up with them!

bisonwest
12-04-2011, 01:26 PM
I must be loosing my hearing. I thought the UNI game was way louder, but for the UNI game I was in my normal Section 2 row B seats. This game I was in nose bleed seats in the infamous section 21, row FF. It didn't sound that loud from that far up. However, whenever I went down to the concession, it was quite louder down below. I never sat that high up before so I guess I was suprised, as I thought it would be louder the higher up you go, but apparently it is just the opposite.

BTW, just got back home from the game. Made the 180 mile trip in record time. A little over 2 hours. It took me longer to get out of the Applebee's parking lot than to drive to Tower City.

GO BISON!!!!!!!!

The loudest part of the stadium is always field level. I sat a lot lower than I usually do and can tell you it was louder in this game than UNI. Though the fumble recovery for a TD in the Panther game was as loud as anything yesterday.

A1pigskin
12-04-2011, 01:35 PM
The crowd was awesome. I listened to the game on the radio and it was difficult to hear scottie announce the game.

Bison Fin
12-04-2011, 05:09 PM
I have no voice today, success. Awesome atmosphere, that was the best wave I'vke ever been apart of at the ffd

Professor Chaos
12-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Watched the replay today and there were some very impresive roars on the big 4th down stops and on DJ's touchdown run.

I do have one complaint though. Let me qualify this by saying the student sections are the best in the dome as far as generating noise and if every section was as loud as they were the building would literally shake. But they do the "Let's go Bison" chants too damn fast. The rest of the crowd tries to join in but it just sounds like a disjointed cluster**** after about the 3rd time. Slow your roll kids... us old people can't chant that fast. /rant

fargocyclone
12-04-2011, 07:00 PM
This. There were many many many participants in this game and it showed. South end zone was absolutely rocking. The crowd definitely made a difference...

South Endzone FTW!

NDSUBowler
12-04-2011, 07:08 PM
South Endzone FTW!
+1!

First row right behind the goalposts.

Love those seats!

IBleedYellow
12-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Showed up to drill and everyone goes "We can't hear you talking!"

Also: Don't do the wave when we are on offense, it's sweet between quarters, but kill it when we are trying to call plays!

LETS GO GET EM BISON!!

Strommer10
12-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Let's not be satisfied, we need to be bigger and louder next week! We need to get in Lum's head and help out our defense even more. That was only the first step in our journey to Frisco.

TateMosersneighbor
12-04-2011, 11:04 PM
I thought the crowd was the best I've heard/seen...but the cool thing is, there were still folks who weren't yelling. The wave was awesome, there was a moment where on the south side Thundar was beating their mascot and the crowd yelled out a bit...it was VERY loud on the north side...it's amazing to hear when the crowd on the opposing side makes some noise.

We can do better too!

Tatanka
12-04-2011, 11:10 PM
it's amazing to hear when the crowd on the opposing side makes some noise.

I think the north and east sides are treated to this experience pretty much every week. :nod:

BisonBabe
12-04-2011, 11:13 PM
I thought the crowd was the best I've heard/seen...but the cool thing is, there were still folks who weren't yelling. The wave was awesome, there was a moment where on the south side Thundar was beating their mascot and the crowd yelled out a bit...it was VERY loud on the north side...it's amazing to hear when the crowd on the opposing side makes some noise.

We can do better too!

Anyone have this on video?? I happened to look over to the video screen and caught the action but would love to see it again.

IBleedYellow
12-04-2011, 11:13 PM
That was A LOUD ROAR when Thundar beat up that Duke. It was great!

A1pigskin
12-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Bison fans did a hell of a job making noise. It was awesome. Keep it up Bison fans.

northendzone
12-05-2011, 01:55 AM
We had a great time in "lower" section 27. Not sure if anyone noticed..... My voice is gone - and due to low levels of oxygen - I basically had to fall back into my seat to avoid completely passing out... My dad classified it as an official pass out..

Let due this again this week!

markerman
12-05-2011, 01:47 PM

Co-Sign. This was the WORST part of the crowd's behavior. They started the wave during a TV timeout and continued the stupid thing WHILE THE BISON WERE ON OFFENSE. Nothing like creating a distraction for the home team.

Bison03
12-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Showed up to drill and everyone goes "We can't hear you talking!"

Also: Don't do the wave when we are on offense, it's sweet between quarters, but kill it when we are trying to call plays!

LETS GO GET EM BISON!!

I thought the wave was awesome. I agree, it would have been better with us on defense but for the little time it was going while we were of offense, it was more of a hushed wave and then stopped pretty quickly. I doubt this was a distraction at all as I don't think it was loud enough to not hear Brock.

TransAmBison
12-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Not a fan of the wave...did not participate. I am glad to see a animated crowd, though. First time EVER I have heard a Let's Go Bison chant from the east side. Yes, I said ever. I think I even saw Bisonfan1 yelling.*

*I think he might have been telling people to be quiet.

roadwarrior
12-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Isn't the wave something from the 80s?

HerdBot
12-05-2011, 03:07 PM
One of the camera guys in the NE corner handed a decibel meter to the guy across the aisle from me. It was on a key 3rd or 4th down in the 4th quarter. The guy across from held the meter facing out as the camera guy pointed the camera at the meter so he could record. This was the first row of Section 29. After the play was done, camera guy told we hit 120 decibels on that play. I think that could be a fairly accurate measurement, as that meter looked pretty fancy / complicated.

Very friggin impressive.

I downloaded a decibel meter on my android and I pulled in out during a 3rd down play in the 1st quarter. I think it was the 2nd or 3rd drive and it hit 116. It capped out at 120. And I'm sitting up high. I know it's louder down closer to the field. According to Kolpack, 114 was the decibels for the 87 World Series. He said the dome hit 108 in the UNI game. This was absolutely louder without question.

All I have to say is that was a fun game. I was actually getting light headed late in the game from yelling so much!! 2 more games to go to the Championship game and I don't think we've even peaked.

duluthbison
12-05-2011, 03:16 PM
My ears still hurt yesterday from the game, it was an awesome atmosphere.

One question I did have however is did the NCAA have control over what music was played when the band wasn't? I noticed that the music was uncharacteristically CRANKED with lots of bass, I could feel my seat shake during a few of the songs. Hopefully the dome personnel took note!

HerdBot
12-05-2011, 03:21 PM
My ears still hurt yesterday from the game, it was an awesome atmosphere.

One question I did have however is did the NCAA have control over what music was played when the band wasn't? I noticed that the music was uncharacteristically CRANKED with lots of bass, I could feel my seat shake during a few of the songs. Hopefully the dome personnel took note!

I was wondering that myself. I don't think so because they played the traditional Enter Sandman right before the start of the 3rd. It sounds like they just added a few different songs. I liked it. What I was really happy about is the fact that the crowd was so loud you couldn't hear Michaels. Turn him down. Keep the music up. No commericals either. Less is more. I don't need his voice to state the obvious.

344Johnson
12-05-2011, 03:22 PM
I got to the dome at Noon and jumped in line immediately. I got the worst seat I have had in my 2 seasons as a student(Row U). This surprisingly excites me. Students are getting jacked up for games again.

Bison_since_Birth
12-05-2011, 03:50 PM
From a student perspective...we think we are always loud its just a matter of getting ALL students to scream their lungs bloody every play. The East side thought it was loud is impressive. I feel hype for this weekends game around campus and should be the same rockin' atmosphere. The word is getting out on campus about the ramifications of another victory (i.e. espn, semifinals next week after Lehigh)...this is good

tjamz
12-05-2011, 04:34 PM
I consider it a success as well for loudness. I had the guy next to me tell me it was my "opinion" that the crowd should cheer as loud as they can on every defensive down... The rest of the guys/gals behind me in section 23 got it though, they were up and screaming their heads off.

BisonTeacher
12-05-2011, 06:35 PM
I have a voice but man do I have a headache.

I had a headache after the game too...but for different reasons. :biggrin:

17>1
12-06-2011, 04:41 AM
I'm not usually a fan of the wave either, but that was no ordinary wave in ordinary circumstances. I think it happened when we were up 19-7 with the ball and on a drive to eat clock and start looking ahead to next week. Bison nation was happy, very happy. And then came the best wave I've ever seen at the FFD. I did participate, because the setting just felt different. The whole crowd and energy felt different from the opening kick, and I wanted to be a part of everything that went on last Saturday. For those of you that didn't stand up and join in, you missed out.

duluthbison
12-06-2011, 04:50 AM
I'm not usually a fan of the wave either, but that was no ordinary wave in ordinary circumstances. I think it happened when we were up 19-7 with the ball and on a drive to eat clock and start looking ahead to next week. Bison nation was happy, very happy. And then came the best wave I've ever seen at the FFD. I did participate, because the setting just felt different. The whole crowd and energy felt different from the opening kick, and I wanted to be a part of everything that went on last Saturday. For those of you that didn't stand up and join in, you missed out.

Agreed, I've been going to games since 2007, and I can't ever remember a wave making it around the dome like it did. I agree, the place had a much, much, different atmosphere last saturday.

tony
12-06-2011, 02:15 PM

In defense of The Wave, it does bring back some of that 1980's Dacotah Field magic (The Wave made it around Dacotah Field many a time.)

bisonfan08
12-06-2011, 02:41 PM
The game was awesome, the crowd was awesome and yes even the wave was awesome. I joined because I was having a blast and as mentioned before wanted to be a part of everything. I do agree that the timing was bad and it should be used between quarters but those TV timeouts were painfully long to sit through so it was a nice change of pace. It was crazy loud, definitely louder than the UNI game and watching the ladies sitting beside me having to cover their ears every 3rd and 4th down play was exactly what the dome should sound like. Can't wait to do it all again this weekend!!!

CAS4127
12-06-2011, 02:42 PM
In defense of The Wave, it does bring back some of that 1980's Dacotah Field magic (The Wave made it around Dacotah Field many a time.)

That is so DII!!!:biggrin:

stevdock
12-06-2011, 04:23 PM
The game was awesome, the crowd was awesome and yes even the wave was awesome. I joined because I was having a blast and as mentioned before wanted to be a part of everything. I do agree that the timing was bad and it should be used between quarters but those TV timeouts were painfully long to sit through so it was a nice change of pace. It was crazy loud, definitely louder than the UNI game and watching the ladies sitting beside me having to cover their ears every 3rd and 4th down play was exactly what the dome should sound like. Can't wait to do it all again this weekend!!!

The wave was between quarters if I remember right. It just started late as the break was about done when it finally got rolling around the dome.