PDA

View Full Version : Just thought I would drop this here...

Vitojr130
12-02-2011, 08:13 PM
http://jmusportsblog.com/

I'm not sure if someone posted this or not already, but I will do it for the lulz.

I lol'd in my pants when I read this...

TAILG8R
12-02-2011, 08:17 PM
14 points? Is this blogger also the team's supplier?

samhouston
12-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Now that is funny smack.
Yes, astroturf, not field turf. It’s like the Fargodome is some sort of 1980′s time capsule. I wonder if all of the Coke advertisements feature Max Headroom and fans mull around the concourse playing Q*bert during halftime

quick, someone find a poster of max headroom to take

TAILG8R
12-02-2011, 08:19 PM
NSFW!! - link (http://wowcondoms.com/Images/Products/Durex_Natural_Feeling_Condoms_400.jpg)

I heard these had max head room.

tony
12-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Very funny! If they counted bratwurst and other apparently-impossible-to-mention-without-some-sort-of-phallic-joke meats in the tailgating lot, I bet it'd be way more than 26k consumed (probably closer to 200000.)

HerdBot
12-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Thankfully we're getting rid of the crappy astro turf next year! It's hard and creates a ton of injuries for players that are not used to cutting on it. Every game this year, an opponent has blown out a knee. Home team not at all.

SamsRams
12-02-2011, 08:26 PM
I didn't laugh tell I got to the prediction. And I'm not really sure a team and a blogger from west racist virgina or married my sister virgina (i can never remember which backwoods virginia jmu is in) should be pulling jabs.

Bison Fin
12-02-2011, 08:29 PM
I liked the hotdog comment. Was that for people in fargo to read? Or, were people in VA supposed to google the distance between the mall and flying J? (Can't be more than 2.5 miles?)

missingnumber7
12-02-2011, 08:41 PM
and fans mull around the concourse playing Q*bert during halftime

I wonder if he's already seen the decorations in the corners of the dome?

Bison"FANatic"
12-02-2011, 08:50 PM
It was the easiest cut and paste he could find.

http://www.fargodome.com/inside_funfacts.php

devin45k
12-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Thankfully we're getting rid of the crappy astro turf next year! It's hard and creates a ton of injuries for players that are not used to cutting on it. Every game this year, an opponent has blown out a knee. Home team not at all.

I am pumped to get rid of it. It looks old and very unsafe. I like the Fargodome but the turf makes me cringe at times. I am pumped for the new stuff.

Vitojr130
12-02-2011, 09:07 PM
I am pumped to get rid of it. It looks old and very unsafe. I like the Fargodome but the turf makes me cringe at times. I am pumped for the new stuff.

It was great for Marching Band!

However, turf burn is a very, very easy thing to obtain on this field. Back in high school, I played on this turf and it sucked...bad.

devin45k
12-02-2011, 09:12 PM

However, turf burn is a very, very easy thing to obtain on this field. Back in high school, I played on this turf and it sucked...bad.

I also worry that players will get astroturf related injuries that will hold them out of an away game also

bisoneer
12-03-2011, 03:02 AM
Wonder what Thorpe was out 5 games for? Early reports said injury, now reports say discipline for violation of team rules.

Bisonguy
12-03-2011, 03:10 AM
Wonder what Thorpe was out 5 games for? Early reports said injury, now reports say discipline for violation of team rules.

Pot.

Holders.

Made from hemp.

That he smoked.

No_Skill
12-03-2011, 03:11 AM
Ahhhhh man! does this mean we have to start with all the weed puns again?

...I'm kind of burnt out on them.

bisoneer
12-03-2011, 03:17 AM
Maybe he (thorpe) used a whizzer to pass the drug test, borrowed it from former vikqueen rb ontario smith, ha, ha, ha... let's sack that guy!!!!! (to put it nicely).

BigBison
12-03-2011, 04:20 AM
Well if JMU is so offended by our shitty AstroTurf we could always move the game old Dacotah field where we have new field turf and the outside temp will be about 28 degrees.

Ross
12-03-2011, 04:23 AM
Maybe he (thorpe) used a whizzer to pass the drug test, borrowed it from former vikqueen rb ontario smith, ha, ha, ha... let's sack that guy!!!!! (to put it nicely).

I'm sure he'll want to buy a sack after the game.

DjKyRo
12-03-2011, 02:36 PM
So let me get this straight, JMU goes on the road to a stadium with 3,000 people and wins by a late field goal over the 2nd place team from the OVC, and this guy expects them to face a better team in a vastly more hostile environment 1,300 miles away from home and win by 10?

Huh.

Big Duke
12-03-2011, 03:27 PM

However, turf burn is a very, very easy thing to obtain on this field. Back in high school, I played on this turf and it sucked...bad.Turf burns from the Marching Band!!! You guys must have some tough Tuba section!

DjKyRo
12-04-2011, 05:26 AM
Turf burns from the Marching Band!!! You guys must have some tough Tuba section!

As a former tuba player in the Gold Star Marching Band, I can attest to this.

1998braves64
12-04-2011, 06:06 AM
As a former tuba player in the Gold Star Marching Band, I can attest to this.
Hate to know why a former tuba player (or any instrument player) would know this...... What really happens at practice? "And one time at band camp..."

gobison.gsb
12-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Turf burns from the Marching Band!!! You guys must have some tough Tuba section!

As a current tuba player from the marching band, I can attest that FieldTurf is way more comfortable than the dome turf --and the current turf WILL give you turf burn and it hurts like a motherf***er!!

BlueBisonRock
12-04-2011, 03:55 PM
As a current tuba player from the marching band, I can attest that FieldTurf is way more comfortable than the dome turf --and the current turf WILL give you turf burn and it hurts like a motherf***er!!

Does the Tuba section tape their elbows before the game?

:)

56BISON73
12-04-2011, 11:07 PM
As a current tuba player from the marching band, I can attest that FieldTurf is more comfortable than the dome turf --and the current turf WILL give you turf burn and it hurts like a motherf***er!!

I just dont know if I really want to know how you got turf burns on your elbows while being in the band. Unless this happened at band camp and was after hours.

tony
12-05-2011, 05:09 PM
pot.

Holders.

Made from hemp.

That he smoked.

I give this post a belated, "Bwahahahahaa!"