PDA

View Full Version : NDSU professor likes Bison over the Dukes but is he a traitor and turncoat ?

JustinTyem
12-02-2011, 01:34 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/342542/

344Johnson
12-02-2011, 01:36 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/342542/

According to former students of his at JMU...understandable?

aces1180
12-02-2011, 01:38 PM
I'm surprised he likes football...Most of the professors I had didn't give two shits about sports and thought they were a drain on campus resources.

CaBisonFan
12-02-2011, 01:47 PM
I'm surprised he likes football...Most of the professors I had didn't give two shits about sports and thought they were a drain on campus resources.

This is very true...but they get tired of the tail wagging the dog...and they grow resentful over time. They might like football...but...

westnodak93bison
12-02-2011, 02:05 PM
What do you expect him to do? He must be politically correct. Can you imagine the crap he would take if he supported his former employer rather than his current?

Strommer10
12-02-2011, 02:48 PM
What do you expect him to do? He must be politically correct. Can you imagine the crap he would take if he supported his former employer rather than his current?
The only way he would is if he actually graduated from said former employer. If he has no other allegiance, then he is doing the right thing.

Answer Guy
12-02-2011, 03:36 PM
According to former students of his at JMU...understandable?

Cut the ties. Totally understandable.

See: Entzion, Robert

samhouston
12-02-2011, 08:23 PM
so from the JMUsportsblog today.
http://jmusportsblog.com/?p=3309&cpage=1#comment-3510

isnt this the SAME PROFESSOR? or his daughter? hmmm.

Hailey / Dec 2 2011 .
As being a JMU Duke (grad. 2009) living in Bison country for the past year, I am THRILLED JMU will be playing here. While I’m attending grad school at NDSU, you know I’ll be wearing my purple and gold proudly in the sea of crazy Bison fans. In fact, I’m rubbing it in to my student’s faces today by wearing my JMU shirt around campus today.

Another fun fact about the Fargodome: when it is filled to capacity, the dome is the 6th largest city in North Dakota. This doesn’t mean Fargo with the dome… it just means the dome on its own. J-M-U DUUUKES!!

Vitojr130
12-02-2011, 08:29 PM
My girlfriend went on this trip last fall and I was told that the consensus among the NDSU group is that the JMU student body is full of d*cks and pr*cks. I hate East Coast schools. That's just me though

tony
12-02-2011, 08:44 PM

Hailey / Dec 2 2011 .
As being a JMU Duke (grad. 2009) living in Bison country for the past year, I am THRILLED JMU will be playing here. While I’m attending grad school at NDSU, you know I’ll be wearing my purple and gold proudly in the sea of crazy Bison fans. In fact, I’m rubbing it in to my student’s faces today by wearing my JMU shirt around campus today.

Another fun fact about the Fargodome: when it is filled to capacity, the dome is the 6th largest city in North Dakota. This doesn’t mean Fargo with the dome… it just means the dome on its own. J-M-U DUUUKES!!

Gotta respect that, don't you? I mean, do you expect people to change their college allegiance every time they move?

Ma and Pa went to grad school at the U of Illinois, but I guarantee that if NDSU plays Illinois, they'll be cheering for the team from North Dakota. Heck, when Dad worked at UND, Mom would go sit in the faculty seats at UND football games and cheer for the other team.

samhouston
12-02-2011, 08:51 PM
agreed, but in the fargo newspaper he said "i am rooting for ndsu" but then posted on a comment on a JMU blog that he was rubbing the JMU in his ndsu students faces today. seems pretty John Kerry to me! flip flopping.

BisonPride72
12-02-2011, 08:55 PM

Hailey / Dec 2 2011 .

Not the same professor. The one that commented on the JMU messageboard is a grad assistant going to NDSU now. I think she also writes an online blog for the forum (http://becomingmidwestern.areavoices.com/2011/11/20/dukes-in-bison-country/)

tony
12-02-2011, 08:55 PM
agreed, but in the fargo newspaper he said "i am rooting for ndsu" but then posted on a comment on a JMU blog that he was rubbing the JMU in his ndsu students faces today. seems pretty John Kerry to me! flip flopping.

Wow, a post that is three strikes in one: Cyber-stalking, stupidity, and politics. Good bye.

80ALUM
12-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Disagree. Cheer for your alma mater everytime.

BSKB 24
12-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Back in my high school coaching days, I was asked in a radio interview what it was like coaching against my high school alma mater. I told them, "the money runs thicker than the blood"! Your allegiance goes to the one who writes the checks.

matt
12-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Back in my high school coaching days, I was asked in a radio interview what it was like coaching against my high school alma mater. I told them, "the money runs thicker than the blood"! Your allegiance goes to the one who writes the checks.

Sorry, I have to disagree. I have 2 degrees from NDSU, 1 from WSU,post doc'ed at UKy and currently work at the SMHS at UND. No way I'm cheering for UND in anything. The places I EARNED degrees at mean much more to me, than places that simply give me money for what I learned somewhere else.

tony
12-03-2011, 11:29 PM

Well, part of your job is actually to get your football team to win so that makes perfect sense to me.

However, even if a university would write me a check for $1 million, I'd never, ever root against the Bison.

TheDoctor
12-04-2011, 05:01 AM

Hey now..........:D ;)

aces1180
12-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Present company excluded, of course.