PDA

View Full Version : Road to Frisco Starts Saturday - BI.com

DjKyRo
12-02-2011, 03:51 AM
http://bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=755

With "survive and advance" now the motif of the season, the North Dakota State football team will host James Madison University in the second round of the FCS playoffs in Fargo on Saturday.

James Madison visits Fargo as one of five representatives of the Colonial Athletic Association, widely perceived as the top conference at the FCS level. The Dukes were able to make the field as an at-large candidate with a 7-4 record highlighted by just a single win over a team with a record greater than .500 (that being 7-4 Liberty of the Big South). Finding themselves playing in the opening round of the FCS playoffs, JMU fans were perhaps surprising that their team, with a home stadium in Harrisonburg, VA, seating up to 25,000, would in fact travel to Eastern Kentucky, a team from the Ohio Valley. The Dukes were able to win in Richmond, and travel to Fargo to keep their season alive.

As a special bonus, Bisonville poster "ming01" makes a guest appearance in this article! Try to spot this easter egg! Enjoy!

And here's hoping this isn't the last football preview I do this season!

NDSUFan_Sav
12-02-2011, 03:58 AM
Road started after the loss to EWU last year imo....this team put a lot of time and effort this last off season to be in the situation we are in now.

NDSUFan_Sav
12-02-2011, 04:15 AM
Love the read tho Kyle, keep up the great job!

Bison03
12-02-2011, 03:05 PM
1 win over a team with a winning record? I had no idea. I think their cockiness is not so justified now.

Bison06
12-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Just read you're article, great job. When I was done I clicked on Swany's latest and noticed on the right side an interesting advertisement.

WHY THE F*** ARE THE SIOUX ALLOWED TO ADVERTISE ON THAT SITE??????????????????

Has the world gone crazy?

BSKB 24
12-02-2011, 05:42 PM
The Road to Frisco started last week and we are 1 and 0 !!!!

GRAFTONBISON
12-02-2011, 06:04 PM
The Road to Frisco started last week and we are 1 and 0 !!!!

Yes, you are undefeated on the Road to Frisco, as are 15 other teams right now :bow:

That is the beauty of the playoffs.

Mickey_the_Bison_Hunter
12-02-2011, 06:25 PM
1 win over a team with a winning record? I had no idea. I think their cockiness is not so justified now.

Just goes to prove that losing close to CAA teams means more to the NCAA than winning against MVC teams.

Welcome to the big leagues fellas.

The Dukes have to catch a flight immediately after the game and will be unable to stick around to sign autographs for all the NDSU fans excited to see James Madison play.

unbison
12-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Just goes to prove that losing close to CAA teams means more to the NCAA than winning against MVC teams.

The Dukes have to catch a flight immediately after the game and will be unable to stick around to sign autographs for all the NDSU fans excited to see James Madison play.
Now this made me laugh

TAILG8R
12-02-2011, 07:39 PM

Must be a closet UND fan. Did you go toe-to-toe with those opponents as well?

TAILG8R
12-02-2011, 07:43 PM

Must be a closet UND fan. Did you go toe-to-toe with those opponents as well?

Bison56
12-02-2011, 07:59 PM

:rofl: That is funny!

HerdBot
12-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Do or die. Win or go home. Win and were only 2 home playoff games away from the national championship. What's cooler than a home game in HD on ESPn next week? Another one on TV against Appalachian State or Georgia Southern

sick of hearing about the CAA. They haven't played a Missouri Valley team yet.

Bison56
12-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Do or die. Win or go home. Win and were only 2 home playoff games away from the national championship. What's cooler than a home game in HD on ESPn next week? Another one on TV against Appalachian State or Georgia Southern

sick of hearing about the CAA. They haven't played a Missouri Valley team yet.

Amen to that!

samhouston
12-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Sam Houston vs NDSU in frisco i ll keep posting it