PDA

View Full Version : The Keys to the Game.......... Thanks Bulldog.............

JustinTyem
12-01-2011, 07:37 AM
http://boards.caazone.com/showthread.php?116557-Key-to-the-NDSU-game.... :rofl::facepalm2:

BisoninNWMN
12-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Reading through that thread, everyone of those posters have no idea about NDSU....which is understandable. They all think they will be able to run the ball and stop our run. One poster mentioned special teams play is in our advantage but other than that they no nothing about us.

JMU will run then run some more and then try running again.

Bison limit their running success......we win!

IzzyFlexion
12-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Reading through that thread, everyone of those posters have no idea about NDSU....which is understandable. They all think they will be able to run the ball and stop our run. One poster mentioned special teams play is in our advantage but other than that they no nothing about us.

JMU will run then run some more and then try running again.

Bison limit their running success......we win!

Maybe they can call Sid Hartman. He will be glad to reassure them that there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

344Johnson
12-01-2011, 12:59 PM
It should be interesting to see how successful both teams are running the football. I think a lot of it will come down to Drevlow, he is a very solid guy on the interior...and wouldn't you be intimidated by a guy who looks like this...

bisonfan08
12-01-2011, 01:48 PM
They all seem pretty confident in being able to stop the run, apparently 1,520 yards and 19 TD's between our two backs and the fact that we can keep them fresh by interchanging them means nothing to them. Also, they apparently know nothing about Minnesota saying they have no 5 star recruits, Marquis Gray was the #1 QB prospect in the nation coming out of high school, obviously he didn't quite pan out, but still....

Hambone
12-01-2011, 02:24 PM
They all seem pretty confident in being able to stop the run, apparently 1,520 yards and 19 TD's between our two backs and the fact that we can keep them fresh by interchanging them means nothing to them. Also, they apparently know nothing about Minnesota saying they have no 5 star recruits, Marquis Gray was the #1 QB prospect in the nation coming out of high school, obviously he didn't quite pan out, but still....

Not sure where you're getting your info - do you think he was a bigger recruit than Terrell Pryor? Or Blaine Gabbert? Or Andrew Luck? Or Dayne Crist? Or Robert Griffith? According to Rivals and Scout, he was a 4 star, and was behind Pryor, Gabbert and Crist in both, and just ahead of Luck and Griffith in Rivals but behind them in scout. Rivals has him as the number 3 QB prospect (it's weird because they have two number 1s, two number 2s, etc. so his name is listed 6th) and Scout has him at number 14. So, I'd say the JMU fans are correct on this one.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=11&cfg=null&yr=2008&pid=10&sspid=-1&iRatingValue=-1&iGetJUCOFlag=-1&iCommitFlag=-1&iGroupbyPosition=0&toinid=-1&iInterestLevelId=-1&iOffer=-1&iRecruitVisitFlag=-1&OrderbyColumn=RatingValue

gotts
12-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Not sure where you're getting your info - do you think he was a bigger recruit than Terrell Pryor? Or Blaine Gabbert? Or Andrew Luck? Or Dayne Crist? Or Robert Griffith? According to Rivals and Scout, he was a 4 star, and was behind Pryor, Gabbert and Crist in both, and just ahead of Luck and Griffith in Rivals but behind them in scout. Rivals has him as the number 3 QB prospect (it's weird because they have two number 1s, two number 2s, etc. so his name is listed 6th) and Scout has him at number 14. So, I'd say the JMU fans are correct on this one.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=11&cfg=null&yr=2008&pid=10&sspid=-1&iRatingValue=-1&iGetJUCOFlag=-1&iCommitFlag=-1&iGroupbyPosition=0&toinid=-1&iInterestLevelId=-1&iOffer=-1&iRecruitVisitFlag=-1&OrderbyColumn=RatingValue

Kind of pointless to argue whether your shit was brown or green after it's been flushed, no?

344Johnson
12-01-2011, 02:34 PM
MQG was supposed to be the cat's meow....but not a 5-star.

Hambone
12-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Kind of pointless to argue whether your shit was brown or green after it's been flushed, no?

:) Not arguing, just got me interested so I thought I'd take a look. I'm also checking out the four star kids that committed that are still with the program. Again, just curious and I know ranking systems are flawed :)

EDIT: So based on my diligent investigation, from 2006 to 2011, per rivals the Gophers had 13 four star commits, 7 of which were on the roster this fall. Most of them are Minnesota kids. Per Scout, there were 11 four star commits, 5 of which were on the roster. Interesting that they were able to get some talent on paper, but could only get about half to pan out and stay on the roster. I know that no one cares, but I don't want anyone over here making a fool of themselves if they try to put that stuff up on other message boards :) See, I'm thinking of you guys.....

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
12-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Stop the run... MWILL will do the rest!

TAILG8R
12-01-2011, 03:10 PM
I believe they will have success running the ball, whether that will translate into touchdowns is the question.

jimmyptubas
12-01-2011, 04:02 PM
When will we know about Richard and Gimmestad?

bisoningrandforks
12-01-2011, 04:25 PM
bohl said game time decision...

JMU_71
12-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Russell Wilson was a 2star coming out of high school. He goes to NC State and becomes arguably the 2nd best QB in school history behind Phillip Rivers. Now, he's having the best single season performance by a QB at Wisconsin in school history. I say this to point out that stars many times don't mean anything.