PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Team Information: So I Just decided to drive to Fargo...

NY Duke
12-01-2011, 06:13 AM
I'm going to be leaving Thursday night around midnight. I don't have a hotel, nor do I plan on getting one. Because I'm retarded like that and that's how I roll.

Just wanted to let you all know that two more members of JMU Nation are invading Fargo.

But in all seriousness: If the Dukes win I want to get shitty. If the Bison win, I want to get shitty.

Where should one go to achieve this after the game?

I have to be back to work in DC at 9 am on Monday. ughhhhh

Also, what's the parking situation? Can i just roll up without a pass and park for like 20 bucks or something?

NDSUstudent
12-01-2011, 06:22 AM
Just park in the grass lot on the west of the dome, if you want to drink after the game there is the Bison Turf near campus or you can go downtown..lots of bars on Broadway.

NY Duke
12-01-2011, 06:38 AM
Just park in the grass lot on the west of the dome, if you want to drink after the game there is the Bison Turf near campus or you can go downtown..lots of bars on Broadway.

Great stuff. What else do you guys got?
Speed traps en route to Fargo? Delicacies (besides Bison) that I need to eat? Bars where I need to chug awesome North Dakotan beers?

Keep it comin!!

mango
12-01-2011, 06:47 AM
Speed traps en route to Fargo? Delicacies (besides Bison) that I need to eat? Bars where I need to chug awesome North Dakotan beers?

Keep it comin!!

I'll beat WYO to the punch, try a Grainbelt beer. Absolutely fantastic. It's a Minnesota beer (I have no idea of North Dakota has any breweries? Anyone?) but it's close enough

NDSUstudent
12-01-2011, 06:54 AM
I'll beat WYO to the punch, try a Grainbelt beer. Absolutely fantastic. It's a Minnesota beer (I have no idea of North Dakota has any breweries? Anyone?) but it's close enough

There is the "Wood Chipper" IPA that is the only local brew that I know of. Grain Belt is solid though.

NY Duke- There are no speed traps, not sure about delicacies JL Beers has great burgers, Rhombus guys has pretty good pizza but after a long night of drinking Pizza Patrol can be solid. Some bars are are Rooters(Broadway), Sports Bar(Broadway), Old Broadway, The Hub(a bunch of bars in one, on 25th street), I guess it all depends on what you like. Fargo has 25,000 college students and most flock to downtown.

Gully
12-01-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm assuming you'll end up on the interstate in MN...good rule of thumb is you can set it at 80 and they'll leave you alone.

Parking will be cheap, just park in the grass lots and walk to the paved area on the West side of the dome where all the busses/rigs are. I suspect you'll be offerred more food and drink than you can possibly consume. You might get a little good natured ribbing but I think you'll find that a lot of folks enjoy talking to visiting fans.

Driving that far? That's hardcore.

NDSUBowler
12-01-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm going to be leaving Thursday night around midnight. I don't have a hotel, nor do I plan on getting one. Because I'm retarded like that and that's how I roll.

Just wanted to let you all know that two more members of JMU Nation are invading Fargo.

But in all seriousness: If the Dukes win I want to get shitty. If the Bison win, I want to get shitty.

Also, what's the parking situation? Can i just roll up without a pass and park for like 20 bucks or something?
Or just $3 for the closest parking! (thats $17 more precious dollars to be spent on alcohol!)

You want a college bar: Bison Turf, or go downtown to Rooters, Sports Bar. Downtown (anywhere on Broadway), imo, is place to be. JL Beers for best burger in town, then hop over to Sports Bar or Rooters, and watch as it gets beyond packed by kids...then off to Fort Noks, Sports Zone, Dempsey's (usually packed), before ending up back near JL Beers at HoDo for damn good martinis to top the night off.

EZ Game

Enjoy!

IzzyFlexion
12-01-2011, 11:53 AM

Just make sure not to dilly dally too much. If you leave at midnight and keep at it, you'll be through Chicago metro by about 1:30. Anything after 2:30 (especially on a Friday) can be a quagmire*.

*Giggity.
http://static2.channels.com/thumbnails/makemoneyonlinelive-Family-Guy-S08-E06-Quagmires-Baby-Part-2-3-e9562334.jpg

Hambone
12-01-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm assuming you'll end up on the interstate in MN...good rule of thumb is you can set it at 80 and they'll leave you alone.

Parking will be cheap, just park in the grass lots and walk to the paved area on the West side of the dome where all the busses/rigs are. I suspect you'll be offerred more food and drink than you can possibly consume. You might get a little good natured ribbing but I think you'll find that a lot of folks enjoy talking to visiting fans.

Driving that far? That's hardcore.

I can vouch for what Gully is saying here, although I normally keep it at around 78 to be sure. However you want to be careful in Wisconsin. I think the speed limit on the interstates is 65 and they are kinda asshats when you get over 70-72 if I'm remembering some of the stories (plus, the few times I've driven through Wisco on I-94 there are cops everywhere).

WYOBISONMAN
12-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Indeed.......Grainbelt Premium is tough to beat. I hear Grainbelt Nordeast is outstanding, but as of yet have to get my hands on some.

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp83/therreid1961/frostymug.jpg

344Johnson
12-01-2011, 12:55 PM
This guy is the definition of hardcore. No hotel, just all-in-all badass. I want him to come away from this game a Bison fan like Pards Rule.

I will let you guys take care of him, if he gets too rowdy and gets in a fight(presumably with CAS about the legitimacy of his rings), give me a call and he can have my couch for the night.

WYOBISONMAN
12-01-2011, 01:31 PM
... if he gets too rowdy and gets in a fight(presumably with CAS about the legitimacy of his rings), give me a call and he can have my couch for the night.

No one will fight with Charlie and those rings......get hit by that and it would be like a damn branding. You would have a permanent imprint of the glory years....LOL!

4mcruenomore
12-01-2011, 01:36 PM
See you at tailgate!

Gastropub
12-01-2011, 01:37 PM
I agree with the Chicago warning, though I think you can get there closer to noon. Off the top of my head, 270 to 70 up to Breezewood, PA. Then west on 76 (PA Turnpike) past Pittsburgh to Youngstown. Ohio Turnpike west then through a bit of Indiana, around Chicago then west to Rockford IL. Up to Madison WI, west on 90/94. Take 694 west to go across the top of Minneapolis (watch for this one; it's easy to miss) then 94 straight up to Fargo.

Check out the Gastropub at Fargo Billiards. We plan (on game day) to break out the Fargo Beer Company's newest brew, a Scottish Ale. (We also have their Woodchipper Ale). We have a great Bison atmosphere. Always lots of Bison fans after the home games. Coach Bohl was out there after the UNI game....

As far as where to stop along the way: I recommend not stopping ;-)

NDSU_grad
12-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Gastropub is awesome. Just make sure you keep the Ayinger doppelbock on tap. Best beer ever.

IndyBison
12-01-2011, 01:49 PM
I can't believe Chubs hasn't been mentioned. It was always the ultimate college bar and I thought it was still the place to be. Gully...where's the love?

Gastropub
12-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Gastropub is awesome. Just make sure you keep the Ayinger doppelbock on tap. Best beer ever.

That's the second time I heard that this week. No worries ;-)

roper1313
12-01-2011, 01:55 PM
I can vouch for what Gully is saying here, although I normally keep it at around 78 to be sure. However you want to be careful in Wisconsin. I think the speed limit on the interstates is 65 and they are kinda asshats when you get over 70-72 if I'm remembering some of the stories (plus, the few times I've driven through Wisco on I-94 there are cops everywhere).

I'll second the Wico warning. My in-laws are f'ing cheeseheads and the cops love to pull over out of state people for speeding. The minimum in 'sconie is around $200 and you have to pay the ticket on the spot. Yes, they have credit card machines in the cop cars. You could throw a packer and/or badger bumper sticker on your car and could probably drive 95 with a .20 bac and not get a ticket.

Safe travels!

Hammerhead
12-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Safe travels! My wife and I did the same thing last year. We left Portland, Ore. on Friday evening for the game in Bozeman on Saturday. Road conditions in the mountain passes can be iffy so we were prepared to catch a few zzzzs in the Jeep, if necessary. We hit a patch of freezing rain in Washington that slowed us down, but not too bad. We ended up stopping in Missoula around 2:00 AM and slept in a hotel for about 3 hours and just barely made it to the game on time since I forgot to expect a delay while trying to get parked near the stadium.

westnodak93bison
12-01-2011, 02:08 PM
24 hr drive after "getting shitty" would suck. Sleeping in your car after getting shitty = DUI in ND. "Physical control" or something like that. Plus it will get down to 20 degrees so it may be a little nippy in the car. Why not fly?

Hammerhead
12-01-2011, 02:11 PM
If you want some good tacos, visit The Taco Shop. They have 2 locations on University Drive -- that's the one-way heading south next to the Fargodome. My wife and I go there every time we are back in Fargo.

344Johnson
12-01-2011, 02:14 PM
I can't believe Chubs hasn't been mentioned. It was always the ultimate college bar and I thought it was still the place to be. Gully...where's the love?

My dad and my sister got in a fight over thanksgiving about if Chubs was awesome or not. Comical.

Vitojr130
12-01-2011, 02:16 PM

Keep it comin!!

You can also park in the "R" lot south of the Fargodome on the North side of campus. That's free as well on weekends or after 4:30 pm and it's only 100 yards from tailgating. I haven't been to Fargo's bars, so I can't give you the lowdown on the bar scene, except that I know there are a ton of them for a town of Fargo's size. Also, try some Grain Belt Premium. It's a Minnesota beer, but it is my favorite. Also, I usually find a cop on the Barnesville exit between Fergus Falls and Fargo, so I usually don't go faster than 75 mph.

BISONBRI53
12-01-2011, 02:33 PM

Stop on by our tailgating spot. We are in the grass at the very end of the only road that brings you into the tailgate area. Big ugly camper and a gray chrysler 300 will be there at 10 am settin up and ready to party!

jimmyptubas
12-01-2011, 03:17 PM
NY Duke,

Good luck on your drive and look for me at the tailgate, I'm serving up authentic Knoephla Soup...something many people out of the Dakota's and western MN have never heard of. PM me for my location or info if your interested!

bisonaudit
12-01-2011, 03:19 PM
I made this drive for x-mas a few years ago when they closed all the airports in advance of two feet of snow.

From DC this should be a 21 hour drive @ the speed limit plus 5 to 7 MPH which should keep you out of trouble along the entire route. It's about the easiest 21 hour drive you'll ever do, especially if you've got EasyPass, Interstate door to door. Just point it NW, make a "slight right" every few hundred miles and don't stop. 270 to 70 to 76 to 80 to 90 to 94. You should make Chicago in 12 hours.

You may run into Twin Cities rush hour? I'm sure someone else here could tell you what to expect on that and maybe recommend someplace in Woodbury or another eastern burb to bail out for a descent meal if you happen to hit the Twin Cities at the wrong time.

jimmyptubas
12-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Yes, I used to live close to Woodbury and there are options a plenty of that stretch of 94/694. Depending on the time....outbound traffic would be a problem going west...so most likely traffic would be a problem coming out of Maple Grove...not so much coming into Woodbury.

tony
12-01-2011, 03:44 PM
The state of Wisconsin is one big speed trap.

I've done some long road trips but never tried to do the return immediately after arrival. How many drivers are you going to have?

Weather.com is saying lows around 15 degrees with high of 34 degrees with a breeze so bring your full-on winter wear (whatever that is for Virginia.) Hotels are cheap in Fargo - or you could go to Alexandria (100 miles into Minnesota.) Even a couple hours of sleep will make a huge difference.

I've driven 20+ hours solo a few times but can't even imagine finishing one and starting another on the same day - even with other drivers that's a tall order. Good luck.

bisonaudit
12-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Yes, I used to live close to Woodbury and there are options a plenty of that stretch of 94/694. Depending on the time....outbound traffic would be a problem going west...so most likely traffic would be a problem coming out of Maple Grove...not so much coming into Woodbury.

Of course. I was thinking that if you're going to make a stop to avoid traffic you'd want to do so at some point prior to actually encountering the traffic. A piece of 694 beltway is still 2 lanes on the east side so my thought was that could be a problem as well, so I backed up all the way to Woodbury, but I don't know for sure if that's the right answer.

In any case it'll all depend on timing and it's been long enough for me that I no longer have a real sense when rush starts and ends or how different Friday is from the rest of the week in The Cities. Anyone?

Bison03
12-01-2011, 03:48 PM
It's hardcore fans like this that make it hard to hate other teams and their fans when we play them. Wisconsin: Takes forever to drive through it. Do NOT speed. Set your cruise at 65 and just grit your teeth and bear it. When you go through Minneapolis, take I494 which will take you around the south and west of the city. Staying on I94 is only quicker when it before 5am or after 7pm with scattered chances in the middle of the day avoiding rush hour. When you cross the Red River and see the "Welcome to North Dakota" sign, breathe a sigh of relief and accomplishment, you made it. Hotels are pretty cheap if you find the cheap one. Might be a lot of people in town for the game but you should be able to get one. Temps dropping to the teens this weekend, I would sleep indoors. I love the "Win or lose, we still booze" mentality. As far as the bars in town, lot of options depending on your mood. Here is a few broken down. The Hub-Largest bar in town. Has a country bar, a sports bar, and dance club, an asian bar, and a rock bar all in one. Every flavor one could want. Bison Turf-NDSU's local watering hole located across the street from campus. Dive bar atmosphere (in a good way). You can't miss it either, bright yellow building. JT Cigaro-Used to be mainly a prominent cigar bar. Built a new building and has become a good hot spot. Smaller place but has a cool atmosphere. Your best bet is to head downtown. It's not big city downtown but we are proud of it. There are at least 15 bars On Broadway in a 6 block span. It's a good way to just pop in and out of a lot of places until you find a place you like. Be in the parking lot west of the Fargodome anytime after 10am until gametime. You can park there for $3. Bring your drinks but make sure you bring something to pour it in. You cannot consume anything out of a can or bottle. Here is the full tailgating policy if you are interested. http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1264858. Wear your JMU gear with pride and come hang out with us crazy Bison fans. You will find that most will love talking football and about your team. A lot will be impressed you drove the long journey. We will give you some good natured ribbing but will also share a drink and some food with you. Got to love good ol' fashioned midwest hospitality. I hope this helps. If all else fails, attempt to find the heaviest drinkers in the tailgate lot (might be tough to do) and ask them where they go to drink after games. Have a safe trip and welcome to Fargo.

Tatanka
12-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Good luck and safe travels buddy. Seriously, tailgate starts at 10:00 on Saturday. Wear your school's gear and you'll be treated very very very well on the tailgate lot. Don't get freaked out by how outgoing people will be. This is the midwest.

TAILG8R
12-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Indeed.......Grainbelt Premium is tough to beat. I hear Grainbelt Nordeast is outstanding, but as of yet have to get my hands on some.

The Nordeast is delicious!

Also, NY Duke as with every other tailgating crew at the game you are welcome to stop by for a brew and some food. Just look for the giant Bison player and this trailer.
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1216&d=1322758204
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1217&d=1322758205

BadlandsBison
12-01-2011, 04:05 PM
You may be witness to a flag game. Self proclaimed wisdom vs. youthful "vigor."

TransAmBison
12-01-2011, 04:09 PM
You may be witness to a flag game. Self proclaimed wisdom vs. youthful "vigor."Good luck with that. Not sacrificing tailgating...even though it will be fun to whip teh youngins. That game will have to wait a bit...

Tatanka
12-01-2011, 04:14 PM
You may be witness to a flag game. Self proclaimed wisdom vs. youthful "vigor."

Which hand will win? I've got a ten spot on your left. :D

td577
12-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Do not speed through Wisconsin. If you set your cruise control to 68, I promise you that you will see everyone that passes you pulled over down the road. Wisconsin is very serious about enforcing the speed limit. In MN, if you drive 75, you should be fine. I have never gotten a ticket doing 75 to 76. I have gotten the flashed lights doing 78.

You are going to spend almost $500 in gas and drive forever. You can fly for less than $700 out on Saturday and back on Sunday. You can stay at someplace like the Super 8 across the street from the Dome for around $70. They will take you back and forth to the airport and you could walk to the game. Tailgate for a couple of hours before game time and then afterwards, you could still walk to the Turf or Labbies. Otherwise, a cab is pretty cheap to go to any of the other bars in town. There is probably some young fellas on the board that would take you around town after the game as well. You would cut 3 days of travelling and eating out. That alone would save the difference. You would be more fresh come Monday. Your car would be saved many miles and the real cost of driving that distance.

Trim
12-01-2011, 04:23 PM
You really gotta experience the Rick's/Speck's combo. 25th Street and Main. Start at one, get kicked out, walk across the street and start over! Tell 'em Trim sent ya.

Answer Guy
12-01-2011, 04:24 PM
No one will fight with Charlie and those rings......get hit by that and it would be like a damn branding. You would have a permanent imprint of the glory years....LOL!

Just the sight of his badassness at tailgating is scary. DO NOT mess with that guy.

MNLonghorn10
12-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Wisconsin is all trees and thats where the cops sit in.

When jmu loses hit up the northern night club for some relief.

If somehow jmu wins...hit up the i*beam and ask for the 4rm discount

tojo70
12-01-2011, 04:58 PM
It's been a while since I drove it, so it may not be the best now. But, when I wanted to go around the cities coming from the East, I would take 694 around the North Side, then up 35W to Highway 10. Then go to ST. Cloud and jump back down on the interstate.

bisonaudit
12-01-2011, 05:07 PM
You are going to spend almost $500 in gas and drive forever.

Maybe if they're bringing the F250. s/b $350 @ 25 MPG and $3.30 per Gal.

Can't disagree on the time thing though. Time is money.

GradBison
12-01-2011, 05:13 PM
No charter flights to Fargo like Bison fans had available to our playoff games last year? These eastcoasters are just small time.

This one is for you lakes. :)

BisonAccountant44
12-01-2011, 05:57 PM
I've never had any troubles in WI with the cruise set at 74 (I've made the drive from Chicago to Minneapolis 10+ times already this year), but I wouldn't go any faster than that. I normally don't see a lot of HP's from the border to Madison, than there will be a ton until Portage when 39 drops off (normally hiding in the median), and then they will be pretty scattered, but constant from there to Menomanie (normally hiding in the trees). If you don't have an ezpass already, find one. Cut's the cost of the tolls in half (at least in IL), and will save a ton of time.

If you're coming through the TC's on Friday afternoon, I think the suggetion for taking hwy 10 to St. Cloud sounds like a good idea. I've never had to go all the way East to West through rush hour, but 94 will suck if you try to go straight through, at a minimum take 494 or 694. If you do stay on either 494 or 694, traffic normally opens up at around Rogers after they come back together.

Between there and Fargo, I again have never had any trouble at 9 over, but I haven't been on the Minneapolis>Fargo end of the route as often lately as I have been on the Chicago>Minneapolis end.

After the game, I'd make sure to hit up the Turf and Chubs for at least at least a couple, then I'd head downtown.

MNLonghorn10
12-01-2011, 06:03 PM
It's been a while since I drove it, so it may not be the best now. But, when I wanted to go around the cities coming from the East, I would take 694 around the North Side, then up 35W to Highway 10. Then go to ST. Cloud and jump back down on the interstate.
why would you take highway 10 and have to slown down through towns?

bisonaudit
12-01-2011, 06:17 PM
why would you take highway 10 and have to slown down through towns?

Ever been stuck on 94W in Lake traffic?

I wouldn't think it would be a problem this time of year though.

MNLonghorn10
12-01-2011, 06:31 PM
usually lake traffic is going into minneapolis on a sunday...and going out of it on a friday.

Vitojr130
12-01-2011, 06:45 PM
usually lake traffic is going into minneapolis on a sunday...and going out of it on a friday.

Not to mention this traffic is only in the summer time... And they would be going out of the twin cities on a friday and coming back through on a sunday, wouldn't they?

td577
12-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Maybe if they're bringing the F250. s/b $350 @ 25 MPG and $3.30 per Gal.

Can't disagree on the time thing though. Time is money.

Yeah, I was looking at 4.00 a gallon, but gas is a bit cheaper than that. The real cost, though, is probably around $1500. Wear and tear and such.

mebisonII
12-01-2011, 06:52 PM

35W and Highway 10 northbound at rush-hour time are no fun either, these days, although better now than on a Friday afternoon in the summer. But regardless, if he leaves tonight at midnight, I don't think he's hitting the Twin Cities until a 7 or 8 at best, and traffic shouldn't be a problem (Chicago may be an entirely different story).

OP, best of luck on your trip! If you get in late Friday night and have no place to go, stop by the FargoDome and hook up with the students camping out for tickets (right, Strommer?)...no drinking allowed there, though.

A roommate of mine and his friends made a late-night last-minute decision to drive out to a certain football game in Missoula...don't think they ever regretted that! Here's to hoping you aren't quite as happy as they were on the drive home ;)

bisonaudit
12-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I was looking at 4.00 a gallon, but gas is a bit cheaper than that. The real cost, though, is probably around $1500. Wear and tear and such.

That's probably fair. It's fixed cost to drive though and flying you pay by the butt so there's that as well. Plus, sometimes a person just gets the roadtrip itch. Safe travels guys.

bisonaudit
12-01-2011, 06:57 PM
35W and Highway 10 northbound at rush-hour time are no fun either, these days, although better now than on a Friday afternoon in the summer. But regardless, if he leaves tonight at midnight, I don't think he's hitting the Twin Cities until a 7 or 8 at best, and traffic shouldn't be a problem (Chicago may be an entirely different story).

OP, best of luck on your trip! If you get in late Friday night and have no place to go, stop by the FargoDome and hook up with the students camping out for tickets (right, Strommer?)...no drinking allowed there, though.

A roommate of mine and his friends made a late-night last-minute decision to drive out to a certain football game in Missoula...don't think they ever regretted that! Here's to hoping you aren't quite as happy as they were on the drive home ;)

It's 12 hours to Chicago from DC plus you get an hour back chasing the sun so if they don't stop before they get there Chicago shouldn't be a problem.

HerdBot
12-01-2011, 07:02 PM
You may actually experience a North Dakota without any snow in December. Go to Scheels. Greatest sporting goods store ever and one of the biggest in the US. Bars there are tons of options. Depends on your age and what your looking for. Sports bar? Shiny polished bar? Dives? Shit holes? Weird people? We have a great selection! Personally I like JL Beers. Downtown bar hopping is easy to do.

jimmyptubas
12-01-2011, 08:48 PM
As someone who's lived in the cities, I just can't see the wisdom of taking 494. When coming in from the east, 694 is much more direct. Plus, since they "unweaved the weave" back in 06-07, it's quite a straight shot. Look at a map and you'll see how 494 takes you way too far south.

gotts
12-01-2011, 08:55 PM
As someone who's lived in the cities, I just can't see the wisdom of taking 494. When coming in from the east, 694 is much more direct. Plus, since they "unweaved the weave" back in 06-07, it's quite a straight shot. Look at a map and you'll see how 494 takes you way too far south.

In my experience, they both suck. Especially 494 around Hwy. 100 and 694 pretty much the whole east/west segment.

bisonaudit
12-01-2011, 09:04 PM
In my experience, they both suck. Especially 494 around Hwy. 100 and 694 pretty much the whole east/west segment.

Love the Navigation app on my Droid. Real time traffic updates and in my experiences very solid drive time estimates.

G-city Bison Fan
12-01-2011, 09:10 PM
So a couple of things, I can only speak for the route from Chicago to Fargo. First of all, the Chicago people are totally correct, get through Chicago no later than 3pm, but ideally sooner because the problem then will become hitting Milwaukee which is 2 hours north of downtown at rush hour, which also sucks because there has been a lot of construction basically from the IL/WI border all the way through, though it has gotten better since this summer. When you get to Milwaukee be careful, they have switched the side of the road the exit is on for the 894 bypass so your GPS might be wrong, watch the signs instead. Also make sure to have enough gas as to not fill in the Chicago area, because near or in the city its probably 3.80-4.00 and once you get close to the IL/WI border its closer to 3.20-3.30 and about that cheap the whole rest of the way.

Wisconsin drivers are terrible, they don't understand the idea "fast lane, slow lane" and just pack both lanes. The cops are pretty awful, there are a lot of them, and they hide well. The speed limit is 65 but I have passed hundreds of cops with the cruise set at 74 and not had them hit the cherries (at 85 however, they definitely chase you down.)

When you hit Minneapolis, 694 is definitely the way to go. 494 goes way too far south and around the airport.

Once you get to fargo, tailgate, enjoy. I would start at the Turf, and work you way down University to Chubs, then Duffys, then take a left and hit up Broadway for the main bars/resturants. Enjoy, and definitely wear your JMU gear, you will get plenty of peoples attention.

bisonaudit
12-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Wouldn't you go NW to Rockford, IL and then to Madison instead of Milwaukee to Madison?

ndsubison1
12-01-2011, 09:19 PM
the empire and bismarck tavern are on broadway. northern gentlemans club is on 10th street. you can get tacos there or at taco johns across the street. watchout for the pan handlers on university and approx. 7th ave north. so dont go that route to the northern. wal mart is on 45th street if you need some last minute supplies. after the game you can hit up the nestor on NP avenue (downtown) or go to the windbreak saloon on i-29 and 32 avenue south.

bisonaudit
12-01-2011, 09:28 PM
The guy's from DC... I'm sure he's really concerned about being agressively pan handled in Fargo, ND on his way to the gentleman's club.

Trim
12-01-2011, 09:37 PM
I would go the Rockford route as well...

runtheoption
12-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Wouldn't you go NW to Rockford, IL and then to Madison instead of Milwaukee to Madison?

Was thinking the same thing. Going through Milwaukee adds quite a bit of mileage.

56BISON73
12-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Was thinking the same thing. Going through Milwaukee adds quite a bit of mileage.

But you could stop at Jimmie Grotto in Waukesha for one of the best Italian Sausage sandwiches you will ever eat!!!!

80ALUM
12-01-2011, 10:13 PM
If you are into microbrews Granite City has some of the best. Not near downtown but you can also buy their beer in bottles at most Fargo off-sales.

X-Factor
12-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Duke, do you have tickets?! Please don't venture that far without them at least on order, the dome very well could be full.

BisonAccountant44
12-01-2011, 10:28 PM

It's at least an extra hour to go the Milwaukee route from Chicago proper. My guess is since G-city starts half way to Milwaukee, its shorter for him to go that way around.

MN_BISON
12-01-2011, 11:08 PM
Dukes, if you stop in WI, hit an off sale and pick up some Spotted Cow beer from New Glarus Brewing Company, you can only get it WI as far as I know and you'll be glad you did. Props to you my friend, there's nothing like a road trip and you'll be talking about it for years to come. Drive safe and hit the tailgate.

bisonmike2
12-02-2011, 12:46 AM

Right on, man! Every program could use a few more hardcore fans like you guys. If your driving through MN on 94 you can speed, just slow down by Monticello, St Cloud and Ferguson Falls. Those are the speed trap areas.

samhouston
12-02-2011, 12:56 AM
ill buy ya a beer in st cloud on i94, hit me up.

BlueBisonRock
12-02-2011, 01:07 AM
Bring a case or two of Ying Ling if you have room. I am good for it.

PaBizon
12-02-2011, 01:07 AM

Keep it comin!!

Drive fast and drink a Grain Belt Nordeast (Minnesota made but delicious)

JustinTyem
12-02-2011, 01:10 AM
Stop in at my house and Pick my ass up and take me to the game. So Yes go to Milwaukee then take Hwy41 to Appleton to my house then to Greenbay to hit Lambeau Field for a bit,then take Hwy29 all the way to Minne to fargo!!!!

runtheoption
12-02-2011, 01:27 AM
Dukes, if you stop in WI, hit an off sale and pick up some Spotted Cow beer from New Glarus Brewing Company, you can only get it WI as far as I know and you'll be glad you did. Props to you my friend, there's nothing like a road trip and you'll be talking about it for years to come. Drive safe and hit the tailgate.

Just made the drive from Rockford, IL to Fargo this past weekend. The gas station we stopped at near Tomah had a huge amount of Spotted Cow for sale, right in front of the cash registers. I didn't buy any, but they make it hard to resist.

Ditto on the Ying Ling. That there is some good beer.

BisonAccountant44
12-02-2011, 02:46 AM
How could I forget about the Ying Ling. I bet if you stuffed as much Ying Ling as possible into the car, and brought it all to the West Lot on Saturday, you may actually make money on the trip.

MN_BISON
12-02-2011, 02:50 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This, Black and Tan Yuengling, oldest brewery in the US located in Potsville, PA.

4mcruenomore
12-02-2011, 02:50 AM
Am I the only one that thinks he posted this after the bar, woke up this morning and was like "f*ck that drive, I'm staying here"??????????

duluthbison
12-02-2011, 02:51 AM
DO NOT SPEED IN WISCONSIN! The cops are douches. I drove across the state last coming back from spring break in florida. It sucks but it will save you a bunch of money!

runtheoption
12-02-2011, 02:53 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This, Black and Tan Yuengling, oldest brewery in the US located in Potsville, PA.

Wow, it has been so long since I had a Yuengling, I followed BBR's post and spelled it Ying Ling. I guess BBR is a phonetic kind a guy.

BlueBisonRock
12-02-2011, 02:57 AM
Wow, it has been so long since I had a Yuengling, I followed BBR's post and spelled it Ying Ling. I guess BBR is a phonetic kind a guy.

The facts are even more interesting. I was having a brew and burger with Mrs. Rock at the new Newt's. Their wallpaper border had various bottled beers listed. One was Ying Ling (I kid you not). I immediately pulled out my droid and sent the request with no concern for the proper spelling. This was a pure and simple reaction to wanting the beer.

Either that or my eyesight is going also...

CAS4127
12-02-2011, 03:21 AM
The facts are even more interesting. I was having a brew and burger with Mrs. Rock at the new Newt's. Their wallpaper border had various bottled beers listed. One was Ying Ling (I kid you not). I immediately pulled out my droid and sent the request with no concern for the proper spelling. This was a pure and simple reaction to wanting the beer.

Either that or my eyesight is going also...

U pulled out your Driod??!! Wow, just Wow!!!

4mcruenomore
12-02-2011, 03:22 AM
U pulled out your Driod??!! Wow, just Wow!!!

What is a Driod?

BlueBisonRock
12-02-2011, 03:27 AM
What is a Driod?

Its kinda like an IPod, only easier to use with more Apps available.

4mcruenomore
12-02-2011, 03:28 AM
Its kinda like an IPod, only easier to use with more Apps available.

What is an IPod with an Apps?

BlueBisonRock
12-02-2011, 03:29 AM
What is an IPod with an Apps?

CAS is the resident BV IPod expert. I will defer to his vast knowledge of the subject.

4mcruenomore
12-02-2011, 03:30 AM
CAS is the resident BV IPod expert. I will defer to his vast knowledge of the subject.

LOL, CAS with his "new" phone knowledge. It seems like just last fall he still had his Zach Morris phone......

CAS4127
12-02-2011, 03:37 AM
U guys can all kiss my BBR ass and wipe my 4m sphincter-->that's all!!

4mcruenomore
12-02-2011, 03:39 AM
U guys can all kiss my BBR ass and wipe my 4m sphincter-->that's all!!

CAS, a cordless phone is not the same as a "cell" phone. Not sure if you know that. I know that you were wondering why you could only make it a block from the house before you lost the signal.

CAS4127
12-02-2011, 03:47 AM
I lose signal purposefully most times I see that u r trying to call or txt-->just sayin'!!

TheBisonator
12-02-2011, 03:48 AM
I LOVE my Droid.

CAS4127
12-02-2011, 03:54 AM
I LOVE my Droid.

Good for u-->but don't pull it out please-->I see AG is online!!

TheBisonator
12-02-2011, 03:55 AM
Good for u-->but don't pull it out please-->I see AG is online!!

My good ol' 10-inch Droid.

CAS4127
12-02-2011, 03:58 AM

"Bi" now I am sure he has checked ur profile and sent u a pm-->enjoy and Peace Out!!

mango
12-02-2011, 05:57 AM
I LOVE my Droid.

I HATED my Droid but love my iPhone. I need CAS to show me all the tricks of it though

Answer Guy
12-02-2011, 03:28 PM

Don't they use centimeters in Canada?

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/NDACAnswerGuy/1642127.jpg

Trampled
12-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Hey Duke, don't forget to stop by the visitors center and take a picture by the woodchopper!

Trampled
12-02-2011, 04:59 PM
woodchipper!

JMU_71
12-02-2011, 05:13 PM
woodchipper!

Seriously! There is a woodchipper at the vistor center? THE woodchipper?

NDSUstudent
12-02-2011, 05:14 PM
Seriously! There is a woodchipper at the vistor center? THE woodchipper?

Yep..... http://www.fargomoorhead.org/blog/?p=1588