PDA

View Full Version : How can a 9-1 team not be in the playoffs???

JustinTyem
11-30-2011, 10:43 AM
After looking at the rankings and the records,how do teams like Jackson St.,Harvard,and others keep them out of the playoffs??? I am very Puzzled by those situations:confused::facepalm::sigpalm::rolleyes:: pan::omfg:

BisoninNWMN
11-30-2011, 11:16 AM
Ivy League teams do not participate in the FCS playoffs.

The SWAC teams have a championship game which takes place during the playoffs....(I think). SWAC is not a good conference.

Buffalo Bill
11-30-2011, 12:08 PM

The SWAC teams have a championship game which takes place during the playoffs....(I think). SWAC is not a good conference.

Looking at his comment you may need to explain that Harvard is in the Ivy League.

tony
11-30-2011, 02:39 PM
Looking at his comment you may need to explain that Harvard is in the Ivy League.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081004124606/uncyclopedia/images/9/94/Count_von_count.jpg

It's the Count von Count Troll Countdown!

Tatanka
11-30-2011, 02:50 PM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081004124606/uncyclopedia/images/9/94/Count_von_count.jpg

It's the Count von Count Troll Countdown!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Wd-Q3F8KM

Da_Bizon
11-30-2011, 03:09 PM

Exactly... the IVY League thinks they're better than everyone else, so they don't allow their schools to participate in the playoffs.
The SWAC has their conference title game after the playoffs start, so the top team in each division is not allowed to participate, either. They'd probably have to have at least three 9-win teams in any given season to get anyone in.

UncleBuck
11-30-2011, 03:16 PM
I wish the Ivy League did the playoffs. Wouldn't you like to see the Haav-aad snobs in the Fargodome?

bisonmike2
11-30-2011, 03:18 PM
I wish the Ivy League did the playoffs. Wouldn't you like to see the Haav-aad snobs in the Fargodome?

We'll get our shot now that USD is in the MVFC. After all, they are the "Harvard of the prairie".

Their words, not mine. Yes, seriously.

Twentysix
11-30-2011, 03:24 PM
Exactly... the IVY League thinks they're better than everyone else, so they don't allow their schools to participate in the playoffs.
The SWAC has their conference title game after the playoffs start, so the top team in each division is not allowed to participate, either. They'd probably have to have at least three 9-win teams in any given season to get anyone in.

IMO the swac=pfl. 9 win swac teams would not make the playoffs 99% of the time.

Twentysix
11-30-2011, 03:25 PM

Schedule them as an OOC and see them that way.

UND is playing them in womens basketball the same day we play UND in mens.

NDSUstudent
11-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Jackson State is banned from postseason play this year.

DjKyRo
11-30-2011, 04:03 PM
For those who aren't terribly well-versed in the FCS conferences, the PFL is the Pioneer Football League, a true non-scholarship football conference. Last year I believe two teams went 10-1 from those conferences but because it's basically D-III football they still don't make it in. Those teams routinely get crushed if they play anybody from a respectable conference.

Twentysix
11-30-2011, 04:21 PM
For those who aren't terribly well-versed in the FCS conferences, the PFL is the Pioneer Football League, a true non-scholarship football conference. Last year I believe two teams went 10-1 from those conferences but because it's basically D-III football they still don't make it in. Those teams routinely get crushed if they play anybody from a respectable conference.

To extend on kyles comment, the PFL league champion this year USD(san diego) 9-2 lost to UCDavis(Great West cellar dweller)4-7 by a score of 31-3. UCdavis even lost to a SubDI this year.

stevdock
11-30-2011, 04:35 PM
To extend on kyles comment, the PFL league champion this year USD(san diego) 9-2 lost to UCDavis(Great West cellar dweller)4-7 by a score of 31-3. UCdavis even lost to a SubDI this year.

Also along with that the first D1 game that we played during transition (I think) was Valparaiso, who we dominated, is also in the PFL. Now granted they were the bottom team in the PFL this year but we have played against someone who is currently in the PFL.

IndyBison
11-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Very accurate statement. Butler is in the Pioneer League and they typically compete evenly with the D3 teams in the state. They did stick with Indiana State 48-34 this season and then beat a decent NAIA team the next week 23-7. A good pioneer team could possibly compete with a decent D2 school but not likely. They would struggle with any FCS playoff team.