PDA

View Full Version : NDSU After a Bye Week in the Bohl Era....

NDSUstudent
11-29-2011, 02:20 AM
Thought this is interesting considering we are coming off a bye.....

2011: 37-24 Win at Minnesota
2010: 20-6 Win vs SIU
2009: 56-17 Win at Indiana State
2008: 48-27 Win at Missouri State
2007: no bye week
2006: 23-10 Win vs Northeastern
2005: 14-20 Loss vs UC Davis
2004: 24-14 Win at Nicholls State
2003: 24-0 Win vs SDSU

7-1 Record

ndsubison1
11-29-2011, 02:28 AM
bohl always has this team ready and coached up for big games. i am confident he will have the team ready for jmu

KSBisonFan
11-29-2011, 02:29 AM
Nice research. You gotta believe Bohl went back to the last 2 games against YSU and WIU and focused on stopping the run. With a good team from a good conference coming to the dome, the extra week of preparation and healing should give us the edge.

duluthbison
11-29-2011, 04:47 AM
Awesome stat! I can't wait for this game!

jimmyptubas
11-29-2011, 05:05 AM
Maybe a small talk with Vigen about finishing should be on the docket as well?

BaillyBison
11-29-2011, 05:36 AM
Great research, I hope we can continue that success Saturday. I didn't watch much of the EKU/JMU, so I hope Bohl and crew saw a few nuggets they can use.

steelbison
11-29-2011, 02:17 PM
bohl always has this team ready and coached up for big games. i am confident he will have the team ready for jmu

This, in a big game I like our chances!! Plus the extra week to prepare. I hope we come out like the Minnesota game. Great game plan.

CAS4127
11-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Keep in mind that we have in all of those games known for those two weeks who our opponent was going to be. Here, we knew only that it was either EKU or JMU-->makes a difference, as they obviously run different offensive and defensive schemes. I am thinking last week was more of a get healthy and work on our base fundamentals on both sides of the ball, plus special teams/kicking game.

bisonaudit
11-29-2011, 03:15 PM
Keep in mind that we have in all of those games known for those two weeks who our opponent was going to be. Here, we knew only that it was either EKU or JMU-->makes a difference, as they obviously run different offensive and defensive schemes. I am thinking last week was more of a get healthy and work on our base fundamentals on both sides of the ball, plus special teams/kicking game.

I don't know how football teams handle this but the typical approach you hear about in basketball is that they split the staff and put half the assistants on one potential opponent and half on the other to start the scouting and what not. It's true that you don't get a full 2 weeks prep one a single opponent but you are getting more staff time than your opponent who has to play and, as you point out, you're getting to rest and heal and address fundamentals.

CAS4127
11-29-2011, 03:21 PM
I don't know how football teams handle this but the typical approach you hear about in basketball is that they split the staff and put half the assistants on one potential opponent and half on the other to start the scouting and what not. It's true that you don't get a full 2 weeks prep one a single opponent but you are getting more staff time than your opponent who has to play and, as you point out, you're getting to rest and heal and address fundamentals.

Not sure how FB works in terms of splitting assistants. I am sure NDSU could have obtained game films of both JMU and EKU off the interwebutube-->whether that is allowed I don't know, but normally that is a game-week exchange where each team requests certain games from the other. As for actual, specific prep on the field for either of those teams, I doubt it. I could see some prep for the base offenses and defenses they run, as we have seen both this year already.

ndsubison1
11-30-2011, 07:22 AM

i know that montana state spent most of the first week preparing for us then rmu

unbison
11-30-2011, 10:26 AM
I really dont think any preperation was needed for these fools

gotts
11-30-2011, 02:56 PM
CAS has been heavy on the preparation this week, or at least that's what Answer Guy has told me.

http://drugster.info/img/drug/preparation-h-hydrocortisone-18995_3_thumbnail.jpg