PDA

View Full Version : Planning Ahead

jimmyptubas
11-28-2011, 02:51 PM
I don't want to jinx anything so what I'm saying here is entirely hypothetical:

Let us say that the Bison do indeed end up hosting a semi final game at the dome. The NCAA's website states that the two semi final games will be on either Dec 16th or the 17th. How soon, if the situation arises, will we know which day is our game. I only ask because I work fri and sat nights and only get one off per month unless special arrangements are made before hand. I made those arrangements for this game on the 3rd, am screwed for next week (if necessary) and would need to know for the 16th or 17th by the 6th! Should I just take a guess?

P.s. all those games will be prime time i assume?

Bison bison
11-28-2011, 02:57 PM
The saturday game is usually in the afternoon.

onbison09
11-28-2011, 02:58 PM
I hope it's Saturday. Got a Christmas party Friday night.

Professor Chaos
The first semifinal is 12/16 at 7PM. The second will be 12/17 at 1:30PM. I believe the NCAA (a.k.a. ESPN) will decide who plays when once the teams have been determined on 12/10.

http://sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/stat/iaa-playoffs.htm

jimmyptubas
After viewing the bracket there is potential for a Montana State Vs. Montana semi final game. You would think that would get Saturday's option wouldn't you?

Professor Chaos
11-28-2011, 03:03 PM
After viewing the bracket there is potential for a Montana State Vs. Montana semi final game. You would think that would get Saturday's option wouldn't you?
That would make sense. I think they'll keep weather partially in mind which will play to the disadvantage of NDSU if we want the Saturday game since weather won't be a factor in the Fargodome. I don't think they'd want a 6PM MST kickoff in Missoula but if I remember correctly, the App St/Montana semi-final game was an evening game in the snow a few years back.

Sam Houston hosting the other semifinal would give us a better chance of getting the Saturday game IMO.

onbison09
11-28-2011, 03:04 PM
That would make sense. I think they'll keep weather partially in mind which will play to the disadvantage of NDSU if we want the Saturday game since weather won't be a factor in the Fargodome. I don't think they'd want a 6PM MST kickoff in Missoula but if I remember correctly, the App St/Montana semi-final game was an evening game in the snow a few years back.

The game will be Friday (if necessary of course) due to my Christmas party

Bison bison
11-28-2011, 03:06 PM
I would think the game would be Friday in Fargo as we have lights. Not great ones, but lights.

Tatanka
11-28-2011, 03:08 PM
I would think the game would be Friday in Fargo as we have lights. Not great ones, but lights.

? The new lighting is just fine!

Bison bison
11-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Until they have a greenish hue I will remain unsatisfied!

DePereBisonFan
11-28-2011, 03:52 PM

Oh great, so yellow lights aren't good enough? I bet you don't wear yellow shirts to the game either, do you? :hide:

Sorry, sorry, sorry...moving on...

CaBisonFan
11-28-2011, 03:53 PM
I hope it's Saturday. Got a Christmas party Friday night.

...cancel...

THEsocalledfan
11-28-2011, 08:29 PM

Dude, that is the crappy Hoak Media cameras or your digoxin toxicity kicking in again....

SDbison
11-28-2011, 08:38 PM
The game will be Friday (if necessary of course) due to my Christmas partySo if u have to make a choice what would be more important to attend? Bison game of course...........

aces1180
11-28-2011, 08:48 PM
At my job, one of my tasks is to schedule and plan the Christmas Party...Even though I knew better because of last year (I watched the EWU/Nova game at the party), I took a chance and scheduled it for Dec. 16. My hope is that the Bison game will be played on Saturday.

However, if the game is played on Friday night, I have already secured backups to help run the event (not much to do except collect bowling scores, make sure the food keeps coming from the kitchen and draw for prizes). I will happily forgo my chance of winning an iPad or PS3 (must be present to win) in order to watch the Bison play the semifinals in the Fargodome.

duluthbison
11-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Registration and Records already sent out an email saying that graduation could possibly be bumped to the BSA in the event of a semi-final game. I can't imagine a better graduation. Walk the stage, then go to a bar to celebrate with family and watch the game.