PDA

View Full Version : Student Tickets

344Johnson
11-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Does anyone know how many of these badboys have been sold already? I haven't noticed any email from the school mentioning to go get them at the BSA. Perhaps one of our own, KyRo knows how many tickets have went?

Twentysix
11-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Also interested in this.

SDbison
11-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Todays students are lame........the only way there is a big turnout is if someone creates a big deal about it on the "social network" to make it appear like a bigger deal than all the other party or other options out there. No loyalty with this generation......just always looking for upgrades.

gotts
11-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Todays students are lame........the only way there is a big turnout is if someone creates a big deal about it on the "social network" to make it appear like a bigger deal than all the other party or other options out there. No loyalty with this generation......just always looking for upgrades.

Upgrade their ticket with a chance to kick you in the nuts and I bet they'd buy :D

NDSU92
11-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Can we please have another thread about how much everybody hates the students?

southcliffbison
11-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Can we please have another thread about how much everybody hates the students?

I think you are being a bit too hard on BV posters; I think it's merely a wish that the students would take a more "active interest" in support of the football team.......nothing more, nothing less.

gotts
11-28-2011, 04:13 PM
I think you are being a bit too hard on BV posters; I think it's merely a wish that the students would take a more "active interest" in support of the football team.......nothing more, nothing less.

No, it goes a bit further when someone goes and stereotypes a generation consistently because they happen to be a bitter old man.

bisonaudit
11-28-2011, 04:21 PM
No, it goes a bit further when someone goes and stereotypes a generation consistently because they happen to be a bitter old man.

I agree totally with this assessment, but lets remember that certain portions of every generation have thought and said the same things since the dawn of self awareness.

SDbison
11-28-2011, 04:23 PM
No, it goes a bit further when someone goes and stereotypes a generation consistently because they happen to be a bitter old man. Too bad........can't take the criticism because its true? Or are you just a spoiled cry baby like the rest of the "entitled generation".

NDSU92
11-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Too bad........can't take the criticism because its true? Or are you just a spoiled cry baby like the rest of the "entitled generation".

WTF are you serious? This spoiled member of the "entitled generation" will be spending his Friday night in a tent outside the FD in 22 degree weather. Every week I post at least once a link to the gobison.com page for students to reserve their tickets. If you are going to complain about students don't do it on bisonville, take out an ad in the spectrum

bisonaudit
11-28-2011, 04:34 PM
. .

TransAmBison
11-28-2011, 04:34 PM
WTF are you serious? This spoiled member of the "entitled generation" will be spending his Friday night in a tent outside the FD in 22 degree weather. Every week I post at least once a link to the gobison.com page for students to reserve their tickets. If you are going to complain about students don't do it on bisonville, take out an ad in the spectrumIf you were a true fan you wouldn't need a tent.

SDbison
11-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Some hacker genius out there ought to infiltrate SDBison's account and change his handle and avatar to Archie Bunker. Well, then your handle should appropriately be Meathead.

TransAmBison
11-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Well, then your handle should appropriately be Meathead.:rofl: :rofl:

HoopsBison
11-28-2011, 04:37 PM
When in doubt blame the students....

Look no one knows how the ticket situation is going other then there are still tickets available.

Last week was a short week and anybody who went to college knows you don't do anything ahead of time...

gotts
11-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Too bad........can't take the criticism because its true? Or are you just a spoiled cry baby like the rest of the "entitled generation".

I have no criticism to take because I am extremely proud of my work ethic and I know I'm not "entitled." I've already been validated from my employer and others I work with, it's not really going to hurt my feelings that you don't agree. I'm far from spoiled, but I don't think you really care. Instead of hearing the argument presented from the other side, you will just yell louder.

I get it, you have beef with "this generation."

I've worked with many people much older than I am, and I really appreciate the wisdom and experience they bring to the table, both from a career standpoint as well as their life experiences.

I'm sorry to hear you have had some less than desirable encounters with "my generation," but don't throw the rest of us under the bus while you're on your soapbox.

bisonaudit
11-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Well, then your handle should appropriately be Meathead.

Is the tie-dye Pastafarian avatar a little to on-the-nose?

I'll take being compared to Rob Reiner all day long.

JMU14
11-28-2011, 04:43 PM

Didn't your generation raise this "entitled generation?" What does that make your generation?

SDbison
11-28-2011, 04:49 PM
I have no criticism to take because I am extremely proud of my work ethic and I know I'm not "entitled." I've already been validated from my employer and others I work with, it's not really going to hurt my feelings that you don't agree. I'm far from spoiled, but I don't think you really care. Instead of hearing the argument presented from the other side, you will just yell louder.

I've worked with many people much older than I am, and I really appreciate the wisdom and experience they bring to the table, both from a career standpoint as well as their life experiences.

I'm sorry to hear you have had some less than desirable encounters with "my generation," but don't throw the rest of us under the bus while you're on your soapbox.
Wow.......OK so I am guilty of some generalization here. Not true in your case. But then why stand up for the rest of your student body who doesn't give a rip? Why don't some of you here take some action to use that "social network" to make the playoff game the place to be?

SDbison
11-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Didn't your generation raise this "entitled generation?" What does that make your generation? Sadly yes. Most of my generation live through their children's lives and believe they need to be best friends rather than teach the tough lessons. In the competition to provide as much for their kids as their neighbors kids, coworkers kids, etc., much has been lost.

gotts
11-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Wow.......OK so I am guilty of some generalization here. Not true in your case. But then why stand up for the rest of your student body who doesn't give a rip? Why don't some of you here take some action to use that "social network" to make the playoff game the place to be?

I claimed you were acting like a bitter old man, I did not take a stab at "your generation."

I stand up for the students solely on the premise that you have no basis to continually claim that this generation "is entitled" based on attendance for a football game.

SDbison
11-28-2011, 04:57 PM
I claimed you were acting like a bitter old man, I did not take a stab at "your generation."

I stand up for the students solely on the premise that you have no basis to continually claim that this generation "is entitled" based on attendance for a football game. Sorry, its discussed almost daily in the media how entitled todays kids feel so don't blame me.

gotts
11-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Sorry, its discussed almost daily in the media how entitled todays kids feel so don't blame me.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's the best you've got?

SDbison
11-28-2011, 05:03 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's the best you've got? yeah........go google it and read up since apparently you are ignorant to the facts.

gotts
11-28-2011, 05:04 PM
yeah........go google it and read up since apparently you are ignorant to the facts.

Facts is a good guy, I am most certainly not ignorant to him!

Twentysix
11-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Still waiting on a response to the OP.

As for SD

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Mwh02DUgFas/Tr0QXoRicNI/AAAAAAAAibM/pi1ugAH6_fA/w277/Baby.gif

Strommer10
11-28-2011, 05:31 PM

Well said gotts. I live in this so called "entitled generation" and have seen why we are called that. I am in no way agreeing with SD that we can be stereotyped. I have been working since I was 14 while being a 3 sport athlete through highschool. Once I graduated I have had between 1 & 3 jobs at a time. I have paid for my own college tuition with my own money with little to no loans. I have worked my @$$ off to get where I am right now. My parents were tough on my and expected the best from me, but are also there for me when I need it.

A lot of students are not like that though, they wait for their parents to send money or change their diaper or whatever it may be. I personally don't have respect for people that don't do things for themselves.

I am with SD on this, that I'm sick of hoping that the students get there tickets. It should be a given in regards to that fact that we are the #2 seed in the nation and about to host 3 playoff games. This is a touchy subject for me cuz me and 3 other buddies will be camping out again this week in subfreezing temperatures, yet some people cant even pick up a ticket and show up at gametime... pathetic.

bisonaudit
11-28-2011, 05:43 PM
I simply can't see this as a legitimately generational issue. That strikes me as a lazy argument. This is about individual people and their interests.

People have a right to be interested in things that you're not interested in and to not be interested in things that you follow passionately. Instead of complaining about how pathetic they are and making it a confrontational clicky thing it would be more helpful to focus on why you enjoy Bison football and why they might too.

SDbison
11-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Well said gotts. I live in this so called "entitled generation" and have seen why we are called that. I am in no way agreeing with SD that we can be stereotyped. I have been working since I was 14 while being a 3 sport athlete through highschool. Once I graduated I have had between 1 & 3 jobs at a time. I have paid for my own college tuition with my own money with little to no loans. I have worked my @$$ off to get where I am right now. My parents were tough on my and expected the best from me, but are also there for me when I need it.

A lot of students are not like that though, they wait for their parents to send money or change their diaper or whatever it may be. I personally don't have respect for people that don't do things for themselves.

I am with SD on this, that I'm sick of hoping that the students get there tickets. It should be a given in regards to that fact that we are the #2 seed in the nation and about to host 3 playoff games. This is a touchy subject for me cuz me and 3 other buddies will be camping out again this week in subfreezing temperatures, yet some people cant even pick up a ticket and show up at gametime... pathetic.
Thanks. Yes, there are some college kids out there working damn hard for everything they got.......I apologize for grouping you with the rest. And yes, like somebody pointed out, the entitled have been enabled by their parents who are likely around my age. I guess if anybody takes something from this thread I hope the students can use their communication networks to convince the student body to spend $5 on a worthwhile event.

coldspot
11-28-2011, 05:44 PM
how I picture SD

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4153/5034406902_2d6f883872.jpg

TransAmBison
11-28-2011, 05:47 PM
how I picture SD

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4153/5034406902_2d6f883872.jpgBah, if the pic was of a guy offering a jag bomb I would say it would more accurate.

Strommer10
11-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Thanks. Yes, there are some college kids out there working damn hard for everything they got.......I apologize for grouping you with the rest. And yes, like somebody pointed out, the entitled have been enabled by their parents who are likely around my age. I guess if anybody takes something from this thread I hope the students can use their communication networks to convince the student body to spend $5 on a worthwhile event.
I have been on this from the begining. I also know DjKyRo among others have also been doing this. Multiple statuses along with mentioning it to everyone you talk to. I have directed 4 more people within the hour about getting tickets. It can be done if you make an effort.

duluthbison
11-28-2011, 07:56 PM
I have my ticket :)

Carry on.........

roper1313
11-28-2011, 07:56 PM
Let's not forget that we all grew up in the entitled generation in the generation that is older mind. I'm sure SD's parents generation thought his generation were a bunch of lazy, entitled SOBs, just like my parents generation thought my generation was a bunch of lazy, entitled SOBs, and just how my generation are going to think of my kids generation. This isn't ever going to go away, so let's not waste bandwidth arguing over it.

TransAmBison
11-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Let's not forget that we all grew up in the entitled generation in the generation that is older mind. I'm sure SD's parents generation thought his generation were a bunch of lazy, entitled SOBs, just like my parents generation thought my generation was a bunch of lazy, entitled SOBs, and just how my generation are going to think of my kids generation. This isn't ever going to go away, so let's not waste bandwidth arguing over it.Are we not entitled to bandwidth?

gotts
11-28-2011, 08:28 PM
Are we not entitled to bandwidth?

Your generation is, mine is not.

Or is it the other way around?

Hammerhead
11-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Can't we all just get along? In the olden days when I was a student, my entertainment options once the weather started getting cold consisted mostly of:

Video rentals (remember those?)
binge drinking
football and basketball games
movies

Nowadays, kids are busy with the facebook, tweetering, and xboxing. :)

CAS4127
11-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Your generation is, mine is not.

Or is it the other way around?

I would prefer not to know anything about Tranny's generation-->or "type" for that matter:
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/300782_133992786708585_132093830231814_172267_1100 480692_n.jpg

southcliffbison
11-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Are we not entitled to bandwidth?

Not with MY bandwidth, you don't !!!!

gotts
11-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Not with MY bandwidth, you don't !!!!

Why don't you just go occupy the internet?

duluthbison
11-28-2011, 08:45 PM
How about

OCCUPY the FARGODOME!

By time the students realize they aren't at some stupid rally, it'll be time for the game to start!

BisonFan02
11-28-2011, 09:09 PM
How about

OCCUPY the FARGODOME!

By time the students realize they aren't at some stupid rally, it'll be time for the game to start!

Awesome, maybe instead of reading books and knitting, they can sit circles and play drums.

BisonFan02
11-28-2011, 09:11 PM
How about

OCCUPY the FARGODOME!

What do we want?.....A BISON TOUCHDOWN.....When do we want it?....NOW!....the possibilities are endless.

bisonaudit
11-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Awesome, maybe instead of reading books and knitting, they can sit circles and play drums.

The NCAA has a rule against doing anything louder than knitting or reading a book in the FargoDome. Drum circles are an acceptable method of supporting your team in other venues however.

duluthbison
11-28-2011, 09:37 PM
What do we want?.....A BISON TOUCHDOWN.....When do we want it?....NOW!....the possibilities are endless.

Does the NDSU PD have enough bear mace ready?

gotts
11-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Does the NDSU PD have enough bear mace ready?

Rumor has it they're doing away with the mace and just using bears.

DjKyRo
11-28-2011, 09:48 PM
I know I'm going to regret sharing this (because the blasting of the "entitlement generation" will just continue) but here's the latest tweet from Kolpack:

http://i.imgur.com/TsDX2.jpg

HoopsBison
11-28-2011, 09:57 PM
disappointing but I have to imagine that ticket sales will go a lot better now that its game week...could be wrong i suppose.

Strommer10
11-28-2011, 10:00 PM
disappointing but I have to imagine that ticket sales will go a lot better now that its game week...could be wrong i suppose.
I hope that you are right.. :paperbag:

duluthbison
11-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Damn, that sucks. I wish the whole student body was as crazy as the woman pepper spraying people at a walmart over black friday!

NDSUstudent
11-28-2011, 10:06 PM
To be fair there has been like three days to pick up tickets due to thanksgiving break....I doubt all the tickets will be picked up though.

Twentysix
11-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Needs to be a cutoff date wednesday or something where the general public can start buying student tickets for $15.

NDSUstudent
11-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Isn't Friday that day right now?

Twentysix
11-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Isn't Friday that day right now?

That works too.

Bison Fin
11-28-2011, 10:16 PM
students have to pick up their tickets by 1pm on friday

56BISON73
11-28-2011, 10:18 PM
Its not an issue of entitled generation or not. Its the fact that MANY MANY MANY MANY students dont care for sports or college football. They arent fans. They are in school and could give a rip what goes on at the north side of campus. There isnt any reason to bad mouth those kids. as in they have no pride in their school etc etc etc. They have different priorities thats all.

Strommer10
11-28-2011, 10:23 PM
To be fair there has been like three days to pick up tickets due to thanksgiving break....I doubt all the tickets will be picked up though.
I agree with this. Most students procrastinate when it comes to this as well. I predict the student section will be at LEAST half full. And the rest should go on sale as GA friday afternoon.

DjKyRo
11-28-2011, 10:26 PM
I guarantee that what students do show up will be loud as hell.

Strommer10
11-28-2011, 10:31 PM
FACT. We all remember the RMU playoff game being one of the loudest games ever. And there were maybe 1k students... The passionate/loudest ones will be there in full force. You can count on that. The ones that sit on their hands the entire game might not show up.

Gully
11-28-2011, 10:41 PM
The students that attend games and stay until late in the game have been great. they make the atmosphere in the dome. I can't understand for the life of me why there isn't more consistent interest, especially in such a big game like this. Hopefully at least 1/2 of the student seats are used by students because they add a lot of life to the game.

Bison bison
11-28-2011, 10:45 PM
The number of student tickets for 2012 should be capped at the minimum attendance for this year's playoff games.

Twentysix
11-28-2011, 10:52 PM
The number of student tickets for 2012 should be capped at the minimum attendance for this year's playoff games.

That would not motivate anyone who does not already have a ticket.

99Bison
11-28-2011, 10:57 PM
Maybe it would create an aura of desire though... which is what needs to happen imo to get students to want to attend.

NDSUstudent
11-28-2011, 11:03 PM
Keep everything as it is but sell unused student tickets on Friday. Put all money earned from selling those student tickets into a pot and use that money to give free playoff tickets to the students who attended every regular season game.

RadBison
11-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Keep everything as it is but sell unused student tickets on Friday. Put all money earned from selling those student tickets into a pot and use that money to give free playoff tickets to the students who attended every regular season game.

7 pages in but this is the smartest thing I've seen on the topic. (which is why it won't happen):facepalm2:

Strommer10
11-28-2011, 11:11 PM
OR use that extra money to get the SHAC built. :D

90 BISON
11-29-2011, 12:13 AM

This ^^^^^ Plus this year the GSMB will be here. Last year we only had a pep band for the RMU game :facepalm2:.

NDSU92
11-29-2011, 03:32 AM
According to an email sent out by NDSU at 9:14; "Student tickets for the game are $5.00 and we recommend picking up a ticket soon as supplies are limited and will likely be sold out by the end of Wednesday."

Ross
11-29-2011, 04:09 AM
According to an email sent out by NDSU at 9:14; "Student tickets for the game are $5.00 and we recommend picking up a ticket soon as supplies are limited and will likely be sold out by the end of Wednesday."

AKA... They'll be opening them for anyone to purchase on Thursday

NDSU92
11-29-2011, 04:14 AM
AKA... They'll be opening them for anyone to purchase on Thursday

That's what I was thinking

duluthbison
11-29-2011, 04:24 AM

They have no clue when they will sell out. They are probably trying to drum of "demand" for the tickets to the average student. They most likely gave a wednesday cutoff because they want to sell the rest to gen admission on thursday.

Hopeful-Bison-Baller
11-29-2011, 04:48 AM

Im not even gonna lie, I dont feel like ill be yelling that loud at the game this week. I dont know if it is because I am currently in a bball mood since NDSU hasnt played for a while or what. Hopefully by saturday that changes though. But I dont know if Ill truly be into a game like I was for the UNI game, until we play Appy State/Georgia Southern on the 16th/17th of Dec.

NDSUBowler
11-29-2011, 05:12 AM
I personally don't have respect for people that don't do things for themselves.

So, because I was blessed to have family pay for my college, allowing me to live a 'college' life and have school be my 'job' I won't be respected? Seems sort of silly that you would be willing to bunch all the people like this together. I think I get what you are going at and it may have just been a poor choice of words, but maybe it is exactly what you intended to say so idk. I don't want to be lumped in with the people who expect to be given golden treatment just because I was lucky enough to be given a free education.

Its not an issue of entitled generation or not. Its the fact that MANY MANY MANY MANY students dont care for sports or college football. They arent fans. They are in school and could give a rip what goes on at the north side of campus. There isnt any reason to bad mouth those kids. as in they have no pride in their school etc etc etc. They have different priorities thats all.
Agree with this as well. Why should I hate on my friends because they just aren't in to Bison athletics as a whole? They go to NDSU to get their degree, they don't go because they are hardcore Bison football fans. There is NO reason we should look down on students for not supporting football.

That being said, I spend a lot of time trying to convince friends to get tickets for games...students, non-students, ex-students alike...and I try to get them to see what is so enjoyable about Bison games. It has worked a bit this year and I hope to build on it in future years. Hell, this year we got people in for tailgating, FINALLY!

All we can do is help promote the Bison and hope our words are enough to convince people on the fence into going to the games. We shouldn't talk down to them like they are bad people for not going.

99Bison
11-29-2011, 05:22 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/342162/group/Sports/

half left...

Strommer10
11-29-2011, 05:29 AM
So, because I was blessed to have family pay for my college, allowing me to live a 'college' life and have school be my 'job' I won't be respected? Seems sort of silly that you would be willing to bunch all the people like this together. I think I get what you are going at and it may have just been a poor choice of words, but maybe it is exactly what you intended to say so idk. I don't want to be lumped in with the people who expect to be given golden treatment just because I was lucky enough to be given a free education.

If you are lucky enough to have a free education, I have no problem with that. Why would I? That's not what I was getting at at all. That was poor word choice on my part. I apologize.

BisonFan02
11-29-2011, 06:39 AM
If you are lucky enough to have a free education, I have no problem with that. Why would I? That's not what I was getting at at all. That was poor word choice on my part. I apologize.

I have no idea what any of you are majoring in, but just remember (include what was quoted from before), but your education is one small section of your resume. You can have the best education in the world, but if your work experience is none/limited, good luck in today's job market. That being said, I didn't go to NDSU (went to another school a little over an hour west of Fargo...), but I had to work full time to pay for school. It was tough to make it to sporting events because of my work schedule and class schedule. I would have loved to make it to every event, but I can understand where alot of students are coming from because of work schedules. I think the needed solution is a mechanism to sell left over tickets in order to fill the dome. The proceeds ultimately help NDSU (versus having an empty seat). I don't think with today's technology that this wouldn't be that hard to figure out, and I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

HerdBot
11-29-2011, 06:41 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/342162/group/Sports/

half left...

Half empty. I'm a pecimist. We need to sell these to real fans.

NDSUBowler
11-29-2011, 06:50 AM
Apologies for my semi-hostility as well. I wasn't quite sure the angle you were going for so I filled in the gaps with incorrect assumptions.

HerdBot
11-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Im not even gonna lie, I dont feel like ill be yelling that loud at the game this week. I dont know if it is because I am currently in a bball mood since NDSU hasnt played for a while or what. Hopefully by saturday that changes though. But I dont know if Ill truly be into a game like I was for the UNI game, until we play Appy State/Georgia Southern on the 16th/17th of Dec.

This is easily the biggest game in the history of the D1 era. Had we lost to UNI we would have still been in the playoffs. Appy? I think they lose to James Madison. This is probably the toughest team we have ever faced. If you can't get fired up... shit just take a giant swig of something before entering the dome! that'll loosin' ya up! The Robert Morris game was crazy and that team sucked balls. This is a 2nd round game against a CAA team that kicks ass with their QB. They beat WV last year!

DjKyRo
11-29-2011, 12:56 PM
This is easily the biggest game in the history of the D1 era. Had we lost to UNI we would have still been in the playoffs. Appy? I think they lose to James Madison. This is probably the toughest team we have ever faced. If you can't get fired up... shit just take a giant swig of something before entering the dome! that'll loosin' ya up! The Robert Morris game was crazy and that team sucked balls. This is a 2nd round game against a CAA team that kicks ass with their QB. They beat WV last year!

Appalachian State did not play this James Madison this season. Aside from that, true words.

BisoninHuskerland
11-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Why are we all arguing with students. We should be contacting the higher ups at the school to release unpurchased tickets like many other colleges do. Makes some petitions. If enough people complain to the board they should change their mind- now that there is bidding and money on the line. Until then support the great student fans that are there. The students are what make the atmosphere and everyone should be proud of the students we have that attend the games. I have been to many FCS games and there is less than a hand full of other team students that go to games. We have a large proportion of our fan compare to other places (even if you dont think so) I am proud of the students here. If anyone remembers it is the students that start the Letgobison chants and help get the place rocking. What I suggest is if there are seats available behind the student, move there and support them and get active. If you dont get off your asses cheer and make some noise. Do worry about that corner of the end zone. 17000 fans should make the difference like the 12000 last year at RMU game.

roadwarrior
11-29-2011, 01:39 PM
They are going to be (probably already have been for a couple of days) selling the unused student tickets as general admission to anyone.

Bison03
11-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Does anyone actually know when the unused tickets are really going on sale to the general public? A lot are guessing and assuming. Has anyone contacted the ticket office? The sooner everyone else can buy them, the better chance their will be a sellout. I agree we should give the students a little bit of a break. There are hundreds that show up every game and are standing and being loud the entire game. The sad part is the students that go to the game and don't care. Remember homecoming? Almost 1000 students on a waiting list, and the students complaining they need more seats. It happens every year. I know it has been discussed a lot here already. If there are students who go to games just for the social aspect , and these are the ones who usually fill the remaining seats, where are they now? Is there any better social even to be at than a playoff game? I am confident that when they do release these seats, they will all sell. Like I said, the sooner the better.

HerdBot
11-29-2011, 02:55 PM
Does anyone actually know when the unused tickets are really going on sale to the general public? A lot are guessing and assuming. Has anyone contacted the ticket office? The sooner everyone else can buy them, the better chance their will be a sellout. I agree we should give the students a little bit of a break. There are hundreds that show up every game and are standing and being loud the entire game. The sad part is the students that go to the game and don't care. Remember homecoming? Almost 1000 students on a waiting list, and the students complaining they need more seats. It happens every year. I know it has been discussed a lot here already. If there are students who go to games just for the social aspect , and these are the ones who usually fill the remaining seats, where are they now? Is there any better social even to be at than a playoff game? I am confident that when they do release these seats, they will all sell. Like I said, the sooner the better.

I agree. As long as people know that they may be available. I don't think a sellout is going to be a problem. Students are loud fans but playoff fans are louder too. I just want to see as many crazy bastards in the dome as possible making 110 decibel noise

CAS4127
11-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Why are we all arguing with students. We should be contacting the higher ups at the school to release unpurchased tickets like many other colleges do. Makes some petitions. If enough people complain to the board they should change their mind- now that there is bidding and money on the line. Until then support the great student fans that are there. The students are what make the atmosphere and everyone should be proud of the students we have that attend the games. I have been to many FCS games and there is less than a hand full of other team students that go to games. We have a large proportion of our fan compare to other places (even if you dont think so) I am proud of the students here. If anyone remembers it is the students that start the Letgobison chants and help get the place rocking. What I suggest is if there are seats available behind the student, move there and support them and get active. If you dont get off your asses cheer and make some noise. Do worry about that corner of the end zone. 17000 fans should make the difference like the 12000 last year at RMU game.

Well, I beg to differ with that statement for sure. Not sure where you sit, but Section 21 starts these chants often, from both the lower and upper level. We have also started a "Mar-cus Will-iams" chant after he makes big plays. It seems that some here are relying on students to start chants. Get them going yourselves!!!

aces1180
11-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Well, I beg to differ with that statement for sure. Not sure where you sit, but Section 21 starts these chants often, from both the lower and upper level. We have also started a "Mar-cus Will-iams" chant after he makes big plays. It seems that some here are relying on students to start chants. Get them going yourselves!!!

Did you also invent the "Let's Go Bison" chant? If that is the case, I know of someone who also claims to have invented it.*

*This happened years ago, before you were a member of the board. Others will get the joke. Have Tatanka or TAB fill you in.

CAS4127
11-29-2011, 03:14 PM
Did you also invent the "Let's Go Bison" chant? If that is the case, I know of someone who also claims to have invented it.*

*This happened years ago, before you were a member of the board. Others will get the joke. Have Tatanka or TAB fill you in.

Obviously not. Not even saying I/we "invented" the "Mar-cus Will-iams" chant. I just posted that we start the chant at games when he has a pic, pic-6 or a long KO return.

TransAmBison
11-29-2011, 03:14 PM
Well, I beg to differ with that statement for sure. Not sure where you sit, but Section 21 starts these chants often, from both the lower and upper level. We have also started a "Mar-cus Will-iams" chant after he makes big plays. It seems that some here are relying on students to start chants. Get them going yourselves!!!As much as I like section 21, it is a poor man's student section at best. The students provide the majority of the atmosphere...

CAS4127
11-29-2011, 03:16 PM
As much as I like section 21, it is a poor man's student section at best. The students provide the majority of the atmosphere...

Move to the student section please!!!!

Bisonfan1
11-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Move to the student section please!!!!

I approve of that post :D

Bison03
11-29-2011, 03:34 PM
As much as I like section 21, it is a poor man's student section at best. The students provide the majority of the atmosphere...

Agree. I am in section 21 and although it can get pretty loud with most standing and cheering a lot, but it is no student section. I have never been told to sit down. The older gentleman who sits next to me is as hardcore a fan as any, just can't get up and cheer all the time. As long as I am not blocking his view, he has no problem with me standing. My dream is that one day every person stands the whole game. Most "big time" DI programs's fans are standing and cheering the whole game. Probably will never happen but oh well.

TransAmBison
11-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Agree. I am in section 21 and although it can get pretty load with most standing and cheering a lot, but it is no student section. I have never been told to sit down. The older gentleman who sits next to me is as hardcore a fan as any, just can't get up and cheer all the time. As long as I am not blocking his view, he has no problem with me standing. My dream is that one day every person stands the whole game. Most "big time" DI programs's fans are standing and cheering the whole game. Probably will never happen but oh well.You sit next to CAS?

CAS4127
11-29-2011, 03:38 PM
You sit next to CAS?

I knew that was coming!!! FUCKTARD!!!

Tatanka
11-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Agree. I am in section 21 and although it can get pretty load with most standing and cheering a lot, but it is no student section.
I've heard section 21 can get pretty load. A load of what, that's another topic.

CAS4127
11-29-2011, 03:41 PM
I've heard section 21 can get pretty load. A load of what, that's another topic.

Well, Note sat in Section 21 once, and I have often noticed Tranny looking in his "kids'" diaperbag and stuffing something in his pocket just before he heads to the Jon.

Bison03
11-29-2011, 03:49 PM

Oops, I fixed it, maybe I was subconsciously trying to write "loaded." That is definitely true of section (must be) 21 (to enter).

Bison03
11-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Not sure if all had seen this so here you go.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2011/11/29/time-to-re-visit-the-student-ticket-policy/

BigBison
11-29-2011, 10:43 PM
I just read in the Forum that Kolpack said theres more than half of the student tickets left.

THATS CRAP!!!!!!

BigBison
11-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Obviously not. Not even saying I/we "invented" the "Mar-cus Will-iams" chant. I just posted that we start the chant at games when he has a pic, pic-6 or a long KO return.

You can hardly hear section 21 from the student section, you can come over any time to the student section.

CAS4127
11-29-2011, 10:51 PM
You can hardly hear section 21 from the student section, you can come over any time to the student section.

And U can hardly hear the Student section in section 21-->c'mon over!!

BigBison
11-29-2011, 10:55 PM
And U can hardly hear the Student section in section 21-->c'mon over!!

yeah maybe, but i know that when its 4000 student I'm sure you can us then. mostly has to do with projection of the sound.

RadBison
11-30-2011, 02:59 AM
yeah maybe, but i know that when its 4000 student I'm sure you can us then. mostly has to do with projection of the sound.

Twice a year 4000 students show up and even then 50% of them don't cheer so I doubt it. (I'm related to several of them, I know, its a social event for them not a reason to make noise)

Facts
11-30-2011, 03:16 AM
Facts is a good guy, I am most certainly not ignorant to him!
I approve this message.

morgeen
11-30-2011, 08:20 AM
Very serious . and yeah , really interesting .. too bad youve talk this in general !