PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain to me

tjbison
11-27-2011, 02:01 PM
How in the Hell a shed like the BSA can be that damn hot? Seriously is there no way to turn the air system to Vent or at least circulate the air. It was so Miserable last night I am having second thoughts about going again. I dont find it enjoyable to pay an admission to sit in a puddle of my own sweat, there is a reason why the crowd doesnt get into the games easily...........its like a torture pit in that place.

rant over

Bison bison
11-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Satan is a Bison basketball fan.

HandoEX
11-27-2011, 03:45 PM
It was fine for UNO but last night was awful.

Bison bison
11-27-2011, 06:41 PM
To show just how overfunded NDSU is?

Tatanka
11-27-2011, 07:08 PM
To show just how overfunded NDSU is?

They're so overfunded they spend extra money to heat the sports arena to 90 degrees+ ? A love child between Amy Dalrymple and Rob Port couldn't dream up this kind of pure gold.

North Side
11-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Don't worry slowly but surely we will have a new basketball facility and this with be a thing of the past. (at least i hope so)

Gully
11-27-2011, 09:12 PM
I don't remember it being that bad (temmperature) when I was in college.....did something happen to make it worse or do people just expect more now?

Bisonguy
11-27-2011, 09:42 PM
They've been overcompensating on the heating after the days where you could see your breath in the stands and had to wear a jacket for the entire game.

tjbison
11-27-2011, 10:22 PM
They've been overcompensating on the heating after the days where you could see your breath in the stands and had to wear a jacket for the entire game.

I would much rather do this

roadwarrior
11-27-2011, 11:32 PM
It's obvious the school doesn't have the money to fix the problem. The building is 41 years old and the heat has only been a problem the past couple of years.

rutlandbison
11-28-2011, 01:24 AM
They're so overfunded they spend extra money to heat the sports arena to 90 degrees+ ? A love child between Amy Dalrymple and Rob Port couldn't dream up this kind of pure gold.

NDSU uses the extra money to keep the fire going that keeps the BSA hot.

mebisonII
11-28-2011, 03:09 AM
I'm always amused to hear that this is a problem. In North Dakota in late November it should never be difficult to cool down a building that comes equipped with doors, windows, or any other sort of conduit to the outside.

TheBisonator
11-28-2011, 03:13 AM
I'm more concerned at how much energy the BSA seems to be guzzling. It probably costs a FORTUNE in energy costs.

I'm hoping the renovation will make the building more energy-efficient.

tony
11-28-2011, 02:58 PM
NDSU should do a promotion: Anytime that the Bison score is greater than the temp inside the BSA, your ticket stub gets you free intravenous hydration at any Sanford Health emergency room.

Bison"FANatic"
11-28-2011, 04:10 PM
NDSU should do a promotion: Anytime that the Bison score is greater than the temp inside the BSA, your ticket stub gets you free intravenous hydration at any Sanford Health emergency room.

It may seem funny to need the IV but last year my then 4 year old was standing cheering so much that she ended up with heat stroke and vomiting from being to hot. We tried to keep her hydrated at the game but we were not fully aware how hot it was and how hot she was getting. The vomiting in the car on the way home was not fun. We got her cooled down and hydrated and she did fine but that should not be a problem at a basketball game, it's damn ridiculous. I gave my tickets to a friend with kids last weekend and they left at half because they couldn't take the heat. My secretary also went to the game and they couldn't take the heat and had to go stand down lower.

NDSU needs to get something figured out. Some temporary fans or something. Maybe Bresciani and Taylor should invite the Fargo Legislators to a game and let them sit up higher and let them see and feel the crap conditions our facility is in and maybe get a little seed money for a building that has so outlived its usefulness that it is costing us fans and yes making people sick.

Bison03
11-28-2011, 04:36 PM
In the Fieldhouse for volleyball games they have updated the big fans they used to have with these big air cooler type machines. They are basically a big wall air conditioner but they are 5 ft by 5 ft in size. I still don't get why all of a sudden it is so hot. It has never been this bad in the past. I sit low and am uncomfortable. I cant imagine what it is like at the top of the bleachers. Isn't there a big garage door on the north side of the building? Couldn't someone be in charge of opening that and watching so no one sneaks in so that the temp can be better? The new arena can not come soon enough.

Bison bison
11-28-2011, 06:15 PM
I heard that the Foundation is long lignite coal and has been pressuring the school to keep thermostats set high.

bisonpride4ever
11-30-2011, 05:13 AM

Can we get this in Budweiser flavor?

Herd Mentality
11-30-2011, 06:59 PM
You think the heat is bad? Go visit Helena Johnston for 10 minutes. I feel sorry for the people that have to work underneath the weight room. You can always take off clothes. That whole office shakes.

IzzyFlexion
12-01-2011, 03:52 AM
You think the heat is bad? Go visit Helena Johnston for 10 minutes. I feel sorry for the people that have to work underneath the weight room. You can always take off clothes. That whole office shakes. *

Who is this Helena, and how can I get an appointment with her?

* TWSS

herdmember
12-01-2011, 04:05 AM
1. How is temperature control not one of the options on this poll?
2. I keep going to this site hoping the thermometer will go above 20 million. Ugh.

http://www.gobison.com/Edge.dbml

taper
12-04-2011, 05:35 AM
In the Fieldhouse for volleyball games they have updated the big fans they used to have with these big air cooler type machines. They are basically a big wall air conditioner but they are 5 ft by 5 ft in size. I still don't get why all of a sudden it is so hot. It has never been this bad in the past. I sit low and am uncomfortable. I cant imagine what it is like at the top of the bleachers. Isn't there a big garage door on the north side of the building? Couldn't someone be in charge of opening that and watching so no one sneaks in so that the temp can be better? The new arena can not come soon enough.

I remember playing pep band for a volleyball game in the BSA. They had 1 of those swamp coolers in the northeast corner, right next to us. When the other team was playing on our end of the court the entire band would leave our bleachers and "watch the game" standing in front it. Of course we moved and let the cool air through when our team was at that end.