PDA

View Full Version : Joe Mays

rutlandbison
11-27-2011, 02:49 AM
I didnt know where to put this, so if there is a more appropriate thread somewhere, just move it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/956639-matt-forte-and-the-best-player-making-less-1000000-for-all-32-nfl-teams#/articles/956639-matt-forte-and-the-best-player-making-less-1000000-for-all-32-nfl-teams/page/18

If it doesn't go to the right page, go to number 18.

devin45k
11-27-2011, 03:00 AM
True, there is a lot of love out of Denver lately. They love the hard hits he deals out there every sunday.

If you see comments on ESPN and Twitter a lot of Eagles fans bitch about getting rid of him now.

IzzyFlexion
11-27-2011, 12:37 PM
True, there is a lot of love out of Denver lately. They love the hard hits he deals out there every sunday.

If you see comments on ESPN and Twitter a lot of Eagles fans bitch about getting rid of him now.

We shouldn't have gotten rid of him either.

A1pigskin
11-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Joe is huge.

CaBisonFan
11-27-2011, 07:22 PM
I like the 'little old North Dakota State' comment. Yup...we'd beat the shit out of many little old universities around the country...and we'd play with many other little old universities.

Still...it's a great article that says a lot about Joe & the Bison.

DIBISON
12-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Joe just blasted Ponder on a blitz!

JMB
12-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Joe just blasted Ponder on a blitz!

As a Viking fan I would prefer he not cut our future quarter back in half.

HandoEX
12-04-2011, 06:10 PM
He got absolutely steamrolled by Gerhart earlier in the game. He looks great though!

NDSUFan_Sav
12-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Mays left early to the locker room hoping he's ok.

SmellsLikeSamHumann
12-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Joe was wearing a NDSU yellow tshirt before game talking to ndsu fans in the dome at about 11 Am.

PaBizon
12-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Joe was wearing a NDSU yellow tshirt before game talking to ndsu fans in the dome at about 11 Am.

He did get run over a couple times buy played a solid game. Way to go Joe!

A1pigskin
12-04-2011, 11:54 PM
He did get run over a couple times buy played a solid game. Way to go Joe!

Cool that he was at the Dome..................

aces1180
12-05-2011, 01:31 AM
I have a friend on Facebook who took a photo with him yesterday at Sensors, where he was watching the game...Someone even Tebowed in front on him in one of the photos.

TheDoctor
12-05-2011, 02:40 AM
Unfortunately due to 3 wrestling tournaments in 3 days in the Cities for my 7 year old, I was unable to be at the game on Saturday. Joe and I did go to Joe Sensors and watch the game though. Great game by the Bison and you guys were screaming loud....he sends his best to Bisonville and remember that he reads it all the time. In fact, Chuckles happened to be there to watch the game too because he was going to the Vikes-Broncos game on Sunday. He said "funny running into another Bisonviller here" and Joe said right away, "What's your name on there?". He told Chuckles it's always fun to put a name with a face. Still the class act he always was and posed for pics with Bison fans after the game was over. He wants me to send him a Bison Swag Tshirt the student section was wearing...so if anyone knows where they are sold, please let me know. ;)

P.S.- If we are facebook friends...check out the tuke he was wearing...it was awsome. :D

TheDoctor
12-05-2011, 02:41 AM
I have a friend on Facebook who took a photo with him yesterday at Sensors, where he was watching the game...Someone even Tebowed in front on him in one of the photos.

Yes he did do that..lol...Joe pointed down to him with the left hand and gave the Bison horns with his left. :D ;)

DjKyRo
12-05-2011, 02:46 AM
Unfortunately due to 3 wrestling tournaments in 3 days in the Cities for my 7 year old, I was unable to be at the game on Saturday. Joe and I did go to Joe Sensors and watch the game though. Great game by the Bison and you guys were screaming loud....he sends his best to Bisonville and remember that he reads it all the time. In fact, Chuckles happened to be there to watch the game too because he was going to the Vikes-Broncos game on Sunday. He said "funny running into another Bisonviller here" and Joe said right away, "What's your name on there?". He told Chuckles it's always fun to put a name with a face. Still the class act he always was and posed for pics with Bison fans after the game was over. He wants me to send him a Bison Swag Tshirt the student section was wearing...so if anyone knows where they are sold, please let me know. ;)

P.S.- If we are facebook friends...check out the tuke he was wearing...it was awsome. :D

PM incoming regarding Swag t's.

missingnumber7
12-05-2011, 07:43 AM

P.S.- If we are facebook friends...check out the tuke he was wearing...it was awsome. :DI was gettin props from Chicago fans walking through Ohare in my Orange Mays Jersey...can't wait to go down to denver again next week.

IzzyFlexion
12-05-2011, 12:43 PM
I wonder if Joe and Decker had a little wager on the NDSU-Minny game.
If so, I hope that the "Human Mack Truck" was able to gain a few Benjamins.

Hammerhead
12-05-2011, 11:32 PM
According to scout.com, it was Joe Mays who gave Ponder the hip pointer. http://min.scout.com/2/1136002.html

WYOBISONMAN
12-05-2011, 11:53 PM
Mays is one big can of whoop-ass!

CHADSTAUS
12-05-2011, 11:56 PM
I actually was scared standing next to him. See photo below.

missingnumber7
12-06-2011, 01:43 AM
Mays is one big can of whoop-ass!You know whats awesome about that...guys make hits like joe and get up and dance and celebrate...Joe does...and he gets up and goes back to the huddle. He remindes me of the cop LB from the replacement...balls to the wall until the whistle blows.

Tatanka
12-06-2011, 01:58 AM
Great article in the Forum today. Cut and paste job no doubt but nice to see.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/342843/

chuckles
12-06-2011, 02:02 AM
It sure was a great surprise to run into TheDoctor and Joe at Sensors on Saturday. Couldn't ask for a better place to catch the game outside of the Fargodome. Joe sure is a class act and great ambassador for NDSU. The man is a beast, and Ponder felt it!

squarepeg
12-06-2011, 02:30 AM
I didnt know where to put this, so if there is a more appropriate thread somewhere, just move it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/956639-matt-forte-and-the-best-player-making-less-1000000-for-all-32-nfl-teams#/articles/956639-matt-forte-and-the-best-player-making-less-1000000-for-all-32-nfl-teams/page/18

If it doesn't go to the right page, go to number 18.

Mays is a stud but I refuse to click on bleacher report. You realize they let random guys off the street write for them?

chuckles
12-06-2011, 02:49 AM
Great article in the Forum today. Cut and paste job no doubt but nice to see.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/342843/

Great story right there, but I never thought I would have heard the above outta Tatanka....like ever!

56BISON73
12-06-2011, 02:57 AM
It sure was a great surprise to run into TheDoctor and Joe at Sensors on Saturday. Couldn't ask for a better place to catch the game outside of the Fargodome. Joe sure is a class act and great ambassador for NDSU. The man is a beast, and Ponder felt it!

I was wondering where you were.

NDSUBowler
12-06-2011, 03:30 AM
From Kolpack today

http://vvcap.net/db/KL5kD_ly3Rw1WbGXtizi.png

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2011/12/05/joe-mays-bison-horns-live/

CAS4127
12-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Not sure if any of you guys caught this on the radio yesterday morning, but, on the Heitkamp show McFooly and Jack joined him. When Joe was brought up, all Heitkamp and McFooly could talk about was how he got run over by Gerhart on ONE play. There are many a good, hardhitting LBs who have been beaten on a smashmouth run play, but that was all they could talk about. Jack finally chimed in and said, "But how about that hit he put on Ponder? He nearly cut him in half"! As soon as Jack said that, gap-toothed Heitkamp changed the topic away from Viking football. I was pissed, but at least Jack had the balls to defend Joe and NDSU Football!!

Did I mention I can't stand gap-tooth or McFooly??!!

westnodak93bison
12-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Not sure if any of you guys caught this on the radio yesterday morning, but, on the Heitkamp show McFooly and Jack joined him. When Joe was brought up, all Heitkamp and McFooly could talk about was how he got run over by Gerhart on ONE play. There are many a good, hardhitting LBs who have been beaten on a smashmouth run play, but that was all they could talk about. Jack finally chimed in and said, "But how about that hit he put on Ponder? He nearly cut him in half"! As soon as Jack said that, gap-toothed Heitkamp changed the topic away from Viking football. I was pissed, but at least Jack had the balls to defend Joe and NDSU Football!!

Ah come on. Tell us how you really feel.

Twentysix
12-06-2011, 03:46 PM

Ive heard jack announce one event and he twisted unnecissary things into it.

bisoningrandforks
12-06-2011, 04:07 PM
yes it was one play!... Joe didn't wrapped up!....all in all Joe has played well!

Hammerhead
12-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Nice article in The forum. http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/342843/ The article ends with:

Mays admits there’s still learning to do and claims the defense can get even better, but he’s having fun as the team improves and is excited for the near future as the Broncos fight for a playoff spot.
And he’s got three words for his North Dakota brethren: “Go Bison, baby!”

TheDoctor
12-11-2011, 11:07 PM
"McGahee, Baily, and Joe Mays come out for the coin flip in overtime". ;)

Hammerhead
12-11-2011, 11:07 PM
I was that too. Pretty awesome.

"McGahee, Baily, and Joe Mays come out for the coin flip in overtime". ;)

BlueKeyAlum
12-12-2011, 12:08 AM
Action Joe from today's game.

bri-dog
12-12-2011, 12:13 AM
Well, "missingnumber7" -- I think you got your money's worth this weekend with the Bison and the Broncos... :)

WRSDBison
12-12-2011, 01:46 AM
Off topic, but I was hanging out with an ex-player after the game and he drew a penis on my hat and wrote "You just got F'd by Joe Mays" under it. It made me laugh.

missingnumber7
12-13-2011, 06:51 PM
"McGahee, Baily, and Joe Mays come out for the coin flip in overtime". ;)I about fell over when I saw that...I was gonna take a picture for ya but couldn't get my phone out in time.

bri-dog
01-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Didn't get to see all of the game today, but it looks like Joe had a pretty good game; 7 tackles (5 solo), 1 tackle for loss. The offense sucked again, but it looks like the Broncos will back into the playoffs.

coldspot
01-02-2012, 12:29 AM
Didn't get to see all of the game today, but it looks like Joe had a pretty good game; 7 tackles (5 solo), 1 tackle for loss. The offense sucked again, but it looks like the Broncos will back into the playoffs.

the broncos have an offense? since when?

missingnumber7
01-03-2012, 04:37 AM
Didn't get to see all of the game today, but it looks like Joe had a pretty good game; 7 tackles (5 solo), 1 tackle for loss. The offense sucked again, but it looks like the Broncos will back into the playoffs.Was at the game, was great to see Joe back on the field a lot more than he has been the past couple weeks. They moved him around alot, it looks like DJ is playing more MLB and they are moving Joe around especially with Miller hurting.