PDA

View Full Version : NDSU v. JMU.....Let's have at it.....

WYOBISONMAN
11-26-2011, 07:46 PM
NDSU is going to have to execute very well to beat the Duke. They surely are beatable, but we cannot afford to have an ugly effort such as we did against Youngstown State.

tjbison
11-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Better move this to the smack thread

Tatanka
11-26-2011, 07:49 PM
NDSU is going to have to execute very well to beat the Duke. They surely are beatable, but we cannot afford to have an ugly effort such as we did against Youngstown State.

True. Also, JMU is used to playing in front of a large crowd... Fans need to bring their A game as well.

CAS4127
11-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Keep in mind that we r banged up in the O and D lines, WR corp . . . and we don't give the ball to the FB!!:)

IzzyFlexion
11-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Keep in mind that we r banged up in the O and D lines, WR corp . . . and we don't give the ball to the FB!!:)

Why do we always have a thousand more injuries than any other team!?!?!?!?!??!?!

CAS4127
11-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Why do we always have a thousand more injuries than any other team!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Poor athletic training program?!?!?!?!:)

I own u now Izzy!!!

Tatanka
11-26-2011, 07:59 PM
we don't give the ball to the FB!!:)

... yet.

please consider giving the ball to the FB Mr Vigen. :hide:

Tatanka
11-26-2011, 08:00 PM

I own u now Izzy!!!

No, that's just a cardboard cutout...

IzzyFlexion
11-26-2011, 08:02 PM

I own u now Izzy!!!

Now I must crush you.
I hope your "better half" reads this.
She likes me a little bit at least. She'll be my enforcer!!!!

MNLonghorn10
they suck something awful.

BadlandsBison

I own u now Izzy!!!

Is there anything positive about our team right now?

standingrockbison
11-26-2011, 08:04 PM
I was going to be the first on this thread to make fun of thier qb, but then I got high.

Can we get the band to learn this, or at least put that song over the PA?

unbison
11-26-2011, 08:05 PM
I was going to be the first on this thread to make fun of thier qb, but then I got high.

classless yep i said it

standingrockbison
11-26-2011, 08:08 PM
It was my attempt at humor since everyone else had a field day earlier in the week. But alas, I was never known as williams & ree

WRSDBison
11-26-2011, 08:09 PM
State Normal and Industrial School for Women? HAHA. That makes me giggle.

westriver bison
11-26-2011, 08:12 PM
It was my attempt at humor since everyone else had a field day earlier in the week. But alas, I was never known as williams & ree

You will have more success if you try to be just Williams or just Ree. Trying to be two people is tough

CAS4127
11-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Is there anything positive about our team right now?

Ya-->we r pretty good even though we r injured/banged up.

We just are not as good as we were at about UNI time of the season. Bohl even states that. R we good enough?! We'll see!!

Bison"FANatic"
11-26-2011, 08:15 PM

We just are not as good as we were at about UNI time of the season. Bohl even states that. R we good enough?! We'll see!!

The bye is going to help this a bunch though. We will have to play a good game but JMU is very beatable. Heagle is going to have to be the man.

Wally
11-26-2011, 08:17 PM

That's what I thought. They are going to watch that YSU tape and try to pull off what they did.

semobison
11-26-2011, 08:17 PM

Agreed, if we play like we did against UNI there is nobody we cant beat! If we play like we did against YSU and WIU, we could be one and done!

DjKyRo
11-26-2011, 08:19 PM
If we play like we did against YSU and WIU, we could be one and done!

So if we play well enough to beat a team 37-21 we could be one and done? The YSU bit I get, but it's not like we tanked WIU. We packed it in in the second half, yeah, but come on.

semobison
11-26-2011, 08:46 PM
So if we play well enough to beat a team 37-21 we could be one and done? The YSU bit I get, but it's not like we tanked WIU. We packed it in in the second half, yeah, but come on.

We had two backs go for over 100 yards on us by a cellar dwelling team! We did tank in the 2nd half! We cannot afford to play well for only two quarters and be successful in the playoffs!

SDbison
11-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Today I saw two 7-4 teams (EKU and JMU) battle it out and both looked like they deserved being 7-4. Nothing all that special. Obviously there was a reason these teams barely got in the playoffs. Now if one team looked that much better I might be concerned. The Bison will dominate JMU. You heard it here first.

tjbison
11-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Today I saw two 7-4 teams (EKU and JMU) battle it out and both looked like they deserved being 7-4. Nothing all that special. Obviously there was a reason these teams barely got in the playoffs. Now if one team looked that much better I might be concerned. The Bison will dominate JMU. You heard it here first.

Alot said this about us last year too, and our first round game was a joke, JMU did go on the road and beat a Full Scholly team.....now with that I agree we win by 14

4mcruenomore
11-26-2011, 09:11 PM
WTF is with people in this thread? We will kill them.

devin45k
11-26-2011, 09:18 PM
We had two backs go for over 100 yards on us by a cellar dwelling team! We did tank in the 2nd half! We cannot afford to play well for only two quarters and be successful in the playoffs!

When a playoff team is blowing out another team in their last regular season game, theyre expected to slide to the finish of the game.

devin45k
11-26-2011, 09:22 PM
WTF is with people in this thread? We will kill them.

It's like the overreaction GDT Western Illinois thread continued.

I am fairly confident that this bye week is good for Mcnorton and Jensen to get a little healthier for the game. Hopefully Bohl keeps his boys in check to be prepared for the game.

BisonNeil
11-26-2011, 10:00 PM
Well, a 7-4 team last year nobody respected did pretty well. JMU is a seasoned football team. It's the playoffs, the Bison need to bring their A game every single play of every single series in every game. I think they can do that, but they cannot have any 4th quarters like the WIU game, that is for sure.

runtheoption
11-26-2011, 10:05 PM

I was gonna play QB, until I got high.
I was gonna work out and study the plays, but then I got high.
Now I'm the waterboy, and I know why, yaaaaaa.
Cuz I got high, cuz I got high, cuz I got high.

Gonna get a playoff seed, but I got high.
We were gonna sweep all the CAA teams, until I got high.
Now it's a 2nd round game in the Dome, and I know why, yaaaaa.

CAS4127
11-26-2011, 10:06 PM
It's like the overreaction GDT Western Illinois thread continued.

I am fairly confident that this bye week is good for Mcnorton and Jensen to get a little healthier for the game. Hopefully Bohl keeps his boys in check to be prepared for the game.

DJ could have a month of Sundays to heal and he would still not be fully healthy--I am confident that we will learn more about his injury when our season is over. Brock will need to be in a walking boot for a month b/4 his toe is even ready for winter workouts. Yes, I know this stuff--just sayin'!

devin45k
11-26-2011, 10:13 PM
according to this thread, we must have lost alot of games

Hammerhead
11-26-2011, 10:24 PM
19,000 fans indoors are way louder than 25,000 fans outdoors. JMU didn't look any tougher than most of the MVFC teams.

BisonFan02
11-26-2011, 10:29 PM
I was gonna play QB, until I got high.
I was gonna work out and study the plays, but then I got high.
Now I'm the waterboy, and I know why, yaaaaaa.

Gonna get a playoff seed, but I got high.
We were gonna sweep all the CAA teams, until I got high.
Now it's a 2nd round game in the Dome, and I know why, yaaaaa.

hahaha! :rofl:

North Side
11-26-2011, 10:32 PM
19,000 fans indoors are way louder than 25,000 fans outdoors. JMU didn't look any tougher than most of the MVFC teams.
correct GO BISON

devin45k
11-26-2011, 11:06 PM

Exactly what I was thinking

Bison Dan
11-26-2011, 11:10 PM
DJ could have a month of Sundays to heal and he would still not be fully healthy--I am confident that we will learn more about his injury when our season is over. Brock will need to be in a walking boot for a month b/4 his toe is even ready for winter workouts. Yes, I know this stuff--just sayin'!
I think someone stole CAS's thanksgiving dinner!

devin45k
11-26-2011, 11:19 PM
I think someone stole CAS's thanksgiving dinner!

Possibility, He has been grumpy

A1pigskin
11-26-2011, 11:28 PM
Bison have to play better than they did against YSU to get to the next round. I am really concerned with all the injuries.

bisoningrandforks
11-26-2011, 11:33 PM
Why do we always have a thousand more injuries than any other team!?!?!?!?!??!?! ........cause our turf sucks!!!!!!...we will wear down JMU

semobison
11-26-2011, 11:43 PM
When a playoff team is blowing out another team in their last regular season game, theyre expected to slide to the finish of the game.

It got way to close for comfort. Bohl basicly said that in the post game interview! Also, there are some Bison posters, myself included that understand that we are going to have to play well in the playoffs to win games! We are going to play good teams every week! Nobody has said we are going to lose if we play well! We want a championship as bad as the rest of you, but its not going to be a cakewalk!

devin45k
11-26-2011, 11:54 PM
It got way to close for comfort. Bohl basicly said that in the post game interview! Also, there are some Bison posters, myself included that understand that we are going to have to play well in the playoffs to win games! We are going to play good teams every week! Nobody has said we are going to lose if we play well! We want a championship as bad as the rest of you, but its not going to be a cakewalk!

Yes, no sluffing and have to be focused every minute

CaBisonFan
11-27-2011, 12:20 AM
The aggressiveness on our defense might be the difference...along with the potential 12th man.

BisonTeacher
11-27-2011, 02:07 AM
The aggressiveness on our defense might be the difference...along with the potential 12th man.

2 words.... Marcus Williams. You heard it here first folks....

JSUBison
11-27-2011, 02:15 AM
The only home team I think is 100% safe next weekend is SHSU. I could see any of the favorites losing, 2nd round is pretty evenly matched. Don't want to see NDSU pull a Montana State.

56BISON73
11-27-2011, 02:18 AM
The d-line MUST rise to the occation. They got owned against YSU. Might be a good thing to start recruiting some bigger kids for those positions.

semobison
11-27-2011, 02:22 AM
I agree! Thats what makes FCS playoffs great! I hope NDSU and UNI can make the Valley proud against the CAA!

tjbison
11-27-2011, 02:22 AM
I agree! Thats what makes FCS playoffs great! I hope NDSU and UNI can make the Valley proud against the CAA!

Too bad UNI plays Wofford of the Socon

semobison
11-27-2011, 02:27 AM
Too bad UNI plays Wofford of the Socon

Yep, my bad, I was thinking they had Towson

Bison_since_Birth
11-27-2011, 02:30 AM
They run the ball more than Navy and play triple option...has our Bison team ever played a triple option team?

Wally
11-27-2011, 02:31 AM
I am watching USC/UCLA and there is a 6'8" tight end for the bruins and he can't be stopped up the seam.
Veldman can be unstoppable if we want. With our thin wr corp, he would be a great asset to use a bit more starting next Saturday

tjbison
11-27-2011, 02:31 AM
Yep, my bad, I was thinking they had Towson

We win on Saturday and we Get the winner of the Lehigh Towson game. Lehigh beat UNI last year in the UNI Dump and Towson is the CAA Champ

OrygunBison
11-27-2011, 02:35 AM
I am watching USC/UCLA and there is a 6'8" tight end for the bruins and he can't be stopped up the seam.
Veldman can be unstoppable if we want. With our thin wr corp, he would be a great asset to use a bit more starting next Saturday

Veldman is WAY underutilized in this offense. He should be getting 6+ touches a game.

devin45k
11-27-2011, 02:37 AM
Veldman is WAY underutilized in this offense. He should be getting 6+ touches a game.

There are points were I wonder if there is a specific reasoning for his lack of targets.

perthbison
11-27-2011, 04:21 AM
Is there anything positive about our team right now?We get to play at home for awhile and there some terrific pain killers available for Brocks toe. Also, I think these guys are hungry, even though the thanks giving feast just past.:hungry:

AjaxTheMighty
11-27-2011, 04:32 AM

Really? Bohl said that? If a team wants to win a NC then they need to be playing their best football at the end of the season. If we peeked during UNI then we may beat JMU, but there will be no title this year. I hope we can peek again in spite of injuries or it will be nothing more than a post season appearance in the media guide.

Hammerhead
11-27-2011, 05:16 AM
I think everyone agrees that the Bison need to be on the top of their game to win the championship. I'm confident we are better than JMU, but that doesn't mean they aren't out to give us a game.

CAS4127
11-27-2011, 07:14 AM
Really? Bohl said that? If a team wants to win a NC then they need to be playing their best football at the end of the season. If we peeked during UNI then we may beat JMU, but there will be no title this year. I hope we can peek again in spite of injuries or it will be nothing more than a post season appearance in the media guide.

YES!! Bohl said exactly that! But, guess what? If u r a true, straight up, ahhh, and honest Bison fan, u don't need to hear him say it-->it's right in front of u!!

standingrockbison
11-27-2011, 07:26 AM
All of you can shut up our fball team will win 4 in a row, quit being wimps

ndsubison1
11-27-2011, 07:27 AM
anybody know what officiating crew were getting?

tjbison
11-27-2011, 11:29 AM
anybody know what officiating crew were getting?

Bill fete I heard
:rofl:

That will get "someone" going

bisononce
11-27-2011, 12:55 PM
Anybody got some experience with the injury/beat-up factor at the end of a typical season? That is; are the numbers of Bison bodies out or hurting about normal for this time of year? Don't most teams in the play-off field have about the same attrition? I submit a team still in the brackets, that remains healthy, is rare. Perhaps most play-off teams are on their comparative same level as would be the case during the season. I know there are exceptions as with the Bison a couple years ago when the team was declmated by injury.

semobison
11-27-2011, 01:46 PM
All of you can shut up our fball team will win 4 in a row, quit being wimps

Says the cheerleader!

AjaxTheMighty
11-27-2011, 02:32 PM
YES!! Bohl said exactly that! But, guess what? If u r a true, straight up, ahhh, and honest Bison fan, u don't need to hear him say it-->it's right in front of u!!

So here's to hoping we can turn into that 'mid-season' team again then for this playoff run or it's over. You can't get by with good looks in the playoffs. Ask MSU 2010.

A1pigskin
11-27-2011, 03:04 PM
Even though the Bison are banged up in a few key areas I think the backups will step up and contribute significantly. The crowd will have to get loud like the UNI game - 12th man.

bisonmike2
11-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Bill fete I heard
:rofl:

That will get "someone" going

I saw that he made the call on the missed fg that wasn't a missed fg yesterday.

/not really, but Bill Fette sucks ass

OtterTailLakeBison
11-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Playoff football is about running the ball, red zone offense/defense and special teams. JMU can run the ball and their defense is above average but not great. However the lack of a very good defense combined with their lack of special teams play adds up to a Bison win.

If you look at the special teams, it is very telling...

Kickoff Return
Bison average 24.9 yards a return (thanks Marcus) and opponents 20.8. JMU avg 18.8/yds return and opponents 19.7 yds/return.

Punt Return
Bison average 11.5 yds/return (thanks Ryan) and opponents 5.8/yds. JMU avg 7.7 yds and opponents 15.3 yds/return. Thus the net punting for the Bison 37.2 yds/punt and opponents 32.5 yds. JMU is 34.9 yds and opponents is 33.3 yds.

If the averages play out the Bison will gain ~5 yards per possession. With average of 9 possessions a game it equates to almost 1/2 the football field. Thanks to Coach Polasek and special teams units for this huge advantage

Finally the red zone defense and offense numbers are very telling. 80% of JMU red zone possessions result in scoring but only 47% of possessions are TD's. Their opponents were 79% and 56% respectively. The JMU running game doesn't translate to great effectiveness in the red zone. The Bison scored on 91% of their possessions in the red zone and 68% resulted in TD's. The Bison opponents were 74% and 50%.

It will be close into the early 4th quarter but a shorter field and making the most of red zone opportunities will result in the Bison pulling away by 10 - 14+ points.

onbison09
11-27-2011, 06:31 PM
Remember the Missouri State game last year and how we didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of doing anything?

bri-dog
11-27-2011, 06:33 PM
Remember the Missouri State game last year and how we didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of doing anything?

Either I'm missing something or you mean Montana State

Hammersmith
11-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Either I'm missing something or you mean Montana State
I think he meant that most of the FCS world looked at our 7-4 record and our lousy performance at Missouri State and concluded we were going to get knocked out by the first decent team we faced. Then we ran over Montana State and took EWU to the wire. Just because JMU was 7-4 coming into the playoffs and had a lackluster game against EKU doesn't mean we can overlook them. We don't want to be this year's Montana State.

bri-dog
11-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Ah, that makes sense. Yes, I was thinking about how nobody seemed to think we could beat Montana State. And I have been worried that JMU COULD play our role last year if we overlook them. I don't think this team will do that, though.

onbison09
11-27-2011, 07:55 PM
I think he meant that most of the FCS world looked at our 7-4 record and our lousy performance at Missouri State and concluded we were going to get knocked out by the first decent team we faced. Then we ran over Montana State and took EWU to the wire. Just because JMU was 7-4 coming into the playoffs and had a lackluster game against EKU doesn't mean we can overlook them. We don't want to be this year's Montana State.

That and there seems to be a sense that we can't do anything because we're hurt and played meh the last game

NDSUstudent
11-28-2011, 05:48 PM
JMU is a good team and they are certainly capable of beating us. If they get the run game going they will be dangerous, if our defense plays like they did vs MN or UNI we could win comfortably but if we play like we did against YSU it could be a nail biter.

TransAmBison
11-28-2011, 05:51 PM
If we can force them into passing more than normal I think we will be in a good position. I'm thinking they do not have a lot of pass plays...and the ones they do consist of chucking it up for grabs. Some of those passes thrown deep seemed of the ill-advised variety. If we get any kind of penetration their play action is doomed.

Wally
11-28-2011, 05:54 PM
If we can force them into passing more than normal I think we will be in a good position. I'm thinking they do not have a lot of pass plays...and the ones they do consist of chucking it up for grabs. Some of those passes thrown deep seemed of the ill-advised variety. If we get any kind of penetration their play action is doomed.

I agree with this. EKU did this but couldn't close on 3rd down