PDA

View Full Version : Observations on JMU

Professor Chaos
11-26-2011, 07:13 PM
Here are some of my thoughts on JMU after watching the EKU game today.

They run a read option offense very similar to UNI. UNI has a better passing game but JMU's version of the offense is more run oriented.
The interior D-line is stout. It will be tough to run between tackles on them especially if Gimmestad and/or Richard can't go.
They like to throw the ball on designed rollouts to give a run/pass option to the QB, usually to the right. The DEs will have to play disciplined.
The QB is a very good runner but I was not impressed with him as a passer. The windy conditions may have played into that.
RB #11 is very fast. He is dangerous if he can get the edge on the option.
The O-line are mashers. They run block very well but struggle in pass blocking. However the QB rarely sits in the pocket when throwing.
The QB likes to throw up deep jump balls into single coverage, there will be chances for the DBs to make a big play.

tjbison
11-26-2011, 07:14 PM
They are nothing like their fans have bragged them up to be....just saying

Gully
11-26-2011, 07:15 PM
I think if we hit their QB we can take him out of his game.

HandoEX
11-26-2011, 07:17 PM
Uh, the o-line stunk today on run and pass blocking. Our d-line will eat them up.

semobison
11-26-2011, 07:17 PM
I was impressed on how Physical they are! We should be well prepared having gone through the MVFC!

Gully
11-26-2011, 07:18 PM
I was impressed on how Physical they are! We should be well prepared having gone through the MVFC!

Seriously? I thought they looked soft.

MNLonghorn10
we're gonna kill these turds.

Gully

did you forget the purple font?

semobison
11-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Uh, the o-line stunk today on run and pass blocking. Our d-line will eat them up.

There O line wore down EKU in the 4th quarter!

HandoEX
11-26-2011, 07:19 PM
You are not serious, are you?

BisonNeil
11-26-2011, 07:20 PM
They run a 3-4. Bison suck offensively against a 3-4. Enough said.

Bisonguy
11-26-2011, 07:27 PM
NDSU will need some LSD (long sustained drives) in order to take away JMU's POT (possession of time), so that the Dukes can't take THC (The Home Crowd) out of the game.

CAS4127
11-26-2011, 07:30 PM
They run a 3-4. Bison suck offensively against a 3-4. Enough said.

This and their LB's are good-sized. Plus we have a difficult time with the spread/read option. This will be a difficult matchup for us just because of the D and O systems they run have both caused us problems, and now we have to deal with both in the same game.

semobison
11-26-2011, 07:31 PM
You are not serious, are you?

Yes I am serious, this is the playoffs! They wore down EWU in the 2nd half! 40 minutes to 20 minutes in time of possession!...JMU will be no pushover but if we stop the run like we did against UNI and Indiania State we should win! If we play run defense like we did against YSU and WIU we will have a battle on our hands!

IzzyFlexion
11-26-2011, 07:32 PM
Questionable discipline. A lot of post play showboating.
Bohl will outcoach the shit of their HC. He was not even looking concerned about the missed FG call. Bohl would have at least gone a litle apeshit for a minute or two.

I haven't seen G-Southern, but they MUST run that option much better than JMU. Pre-mature pitch city.

Big Duke
11-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Let the smack talking begin. This should be a great game!!!!

BisoninNWMN
11-26-2011, 07:35 PM

Agreed on this.

We will be able to run on them.....I don't agree with chaos on this one.

semobison
11-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Seriously? I thought they looked soft.

What game were you watching?

BisoninNWMN
11-26-2011, 07:36 PM

What?

Bison are much more physical, IMO.

CaBisonFan
11-26-2011, 07:37 PM
...purple...ugh...

semobison
11-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Agreed on this.

We will be able to run on them.....I don't agree with chaos on this one.

What does their O line have to do with us running on them!

BisoninNWMN
11-26-2011, 07:39 PM
What does their O line have to do with us running on them!

We will be able to run on them...is what I meant.

JMU's pass blocking was suspect.

HandoEX
11-26-2011, 07:41 PM
I'd like to see what they averaged on 1st and 2nd down. i didnt see them wear anyone down. Nothing on first, nothing on second, big play on third down. That wont fly here.

Big Duke
11-26-2011, 07:43 PM

JMU's pass blocking was suspect.Your run game will be tested. You won't be able to run as well as you think

Tatanka
11-26-2011, 07:45 PM
Your run game will be tested. You won't be able to run as well as you think

Have you seen our running game? We've seen your run D.

IzzyFlexion
11-26-2011, 07:46 PM
I wonder what the injury is to that DE (number 13)? He looked to me to be their best defensive player.
He came off twice semi-doubled over as if his water had just broken or something.

tjbison
11-26-2011, 07:47 PM

Lol here we go, which game did you just watch? A little back from the OVC had a season and career long run against you guess he had crazy speed too

Bisonwinagn
11-26-2011, 07:47 PM

I think our run game will be tested but the short passing game could work mixed in with a few deep passes. Either way I think the winner scores 20 points or less this game.

semobison
11-26-2011, 07:48 PM

You do know that they came into this game defensively ranked 10th in the nation against the run! Offensively we are going to need to be balanced! We had some success this year against the 3-4 throwing quick outs early that loosened up the middle for the run game!

Big Duke
11-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Have you seen our running game? We've seen your run D.They had 119 yards rushing. If it wasn't for that one run, they would have had 60 yards rushing. Run defense?

NDSUFREAK
11-26-2011, 07:51 PM

Not like we haven't been told that before...We have two RBs that will test JMUs defense and our back up might be better than our starter...JMU has one respectable RB? And he has to get past our DLine first.

Tatanka
11-26-2011, 07:54 PM
They had 119 yards rushing. If it wasn't for that one run, they would have had 60 yards rushing. Run defense?

NDSU is not a second-place OVC team.

You coming up for the game?

IzzyFlexion
11-26-2011, 07:54 PM
They had 119 yards rushing. If it wasn't for that one run, they would have had 60 yards rushing. Run defense?

Sam Ojuri is gonna prison rape your defense!

-I really don't know if this will happen but I want to participate in early smackage.

Big Duke
11-26-2011, 07:55 PM
Not like we haven't been told that before...We have two RBs that will test JMUs defense and our back up might be better than our starter...JMU has one respectable RB? And he has to get past our DLine first.Anderson our 2nd RB is also respectable. He sometimes tip-toes to the line, but has broken several 50 + yard runs

Big Duke
11-26-2011, 07:58 PM
NDSU is not a second-place OVC team.

You coming up for the game?I would love too, your stadium and fans look to make it a very fun time. I have nothing but respect for your program, and think this could be a great game and time. Not sure if I can get the time off.

IzzyFlexion
11-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Anderson our 2nd RB is also respectable. He sometimes tip-toes to the line, but has broken several 50 + yard runs

Several????
C'mon dude......
Several?
Probably has a couple, maybe even 3....but I'm callin' you out on several.

Bison bison
11-26-2011, 08:00 PM
I'm willing to finance the production of an Alexander Hamilton cutout if some students are willing to use it.

Tatanka
11-26-2011, 08:01 PM
I would love too, your stadium and fans look to make it a very fun time. I have nothing but respect for your program, and think this could be a great game and time. Not sure if I can get the time off.

Well let us know if you do. Would be great to talk football in person at tailgate...

Tatanka
11-26-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm willing to finance the production of an Alexander Hamilton cutout if some students are willing to use it.

Think they'd let in a large cardboard towelie?

Big Duke
11-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Several????
C'mon dude......
Several?
Probably has a couple, maybe even 3....but I'm callin' you out on several.Sorry, 2 or 3 three would be several. At least here on the east coast. Lol

BadlandsBison
11-26-2011, 08:04 PM

Make this happen!!

devin45k
11-26-2011, 08:07 PM
JMU didn't dominate or anything against EKU.

From earlier posts, I thought thorpe would be alot more impressive against a team like EKU but I didn't see anything too special from him.

Tatanka
11-26-2011, 08:09 PM

You know, it's a shame, too, because I had a bead on a whole pile of these:

http://www.kfc.com.au/about-us/images/newsBucketImg.jpg

99Bison
11-26-2011, 08:09 PM
EKU calling time out because of 10 men on the field while receiving a punt, thus letting JMU change their mind.. bad coaching there.

MNLonghorn10
11-26-2011, 08:10 PM
EKU calling time out because of 10 men on the field while receiving a punt, thus letting JMU change their mind.. bad coaching there.
although in the end i doubt it mattered, the eku's coachs clock management was horrible at the end of the 1st half

Wally
11-26-2011, 08:15 PM

But the funny thing is, you did give up that one run.

Go_Herd
11-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Sorry, 2 or 3 three would be several. At least here on the east coast. Lol

One=One
Few=1-2
Couple=2
Several=3-6
Shit Ton=8+

devin45k
11-26-2011, 08:37 PM
But the funny thing is, you did give up that one run.

Taking credit for that would be too hard for him, when he's a homer

No_Skill
11-26-2011, 08:40 PM
One=One
Few=1-2
Couple=2-3
Several=3-6
Shit Ton=8+

Couple = 2

ie: tatanka and tranny are a couple

Tatanka
11-26-2011, 08:46 PM
Couple = 2

ie: tatanka and tranny are a couple

orly ???

Bison Fin
11-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Think they'd let in a large cardboard towelie?. This is my first ever post and if somebody did this, it would be epic

SDbison
11-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Today I saw two 7-4 teams (EKU and JMU) battle it out and both looked like they deserved being 7-4. Nothing all that special. Obviously there was a reason these teams barely got in the playoffs. Now if one team looked that much better I might be concerned. The Bison will dominate JMU. You heard it here first.

herdmember
11-26-2011, 08:53 PM
It's official, there are now more JMU football threads than NDSU ones!

semobison
11-26-2011, 08:56 PM
It's official, there are now more JMU football threads than NDSU ones!

Umm...its because thats who we play next!

Boy
11-26-2011, 08:59 PM
Today I saw two 7-4 teams (EKU and JMU) battle it out and both looked like they deserved being 7-4. Nothing all that special. Obviously there was a reason these teams barely got in the playoffs. Now if one team looked that much better I might be concerned. The Bison will dominate JMU. You heard it here first.

This.

JMU's QB reminded me of Rennie from UNI a little. The spread/option thing they run could be problematic at times for us but neither EKU or JMU left an impression that if we play our A game we wouldn't walk out of the Dome with a can of whoop-ass spilled all over. Very much looking forward to another NDSU Gameday experience!

HerdBot
11-26-2011, 09:21 PM
There O line wore down EKU in the 4th quarter!

not because they were physical. Because the defense couldn't stop a 3rd down conversion all game and the Top was ridiculous. They struck me as soft

No_Skill
11-26-2011, 09:31 PM
not because they were physical. Because the defense couldn't stop a 3rd down conversion all game and the Top was ridiculous. They struck me as soft

I'm no expert, but to me it looked like the JMU O-line missed quite a few blocks.

HerdBot
11-26-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm no expert, but to me it looked like the JMU O-line missed quite a few blocks.

its because pussies avoid contact

CAS4127
11-26-2011, 10:24 PM

And, resultantly, JMU wore EKU down-->pretty simple math. Purple font-->EKU could not stop them on 3rd (Y?) and purposefully wore themselves down.

Big Duke
11-26-2011, 10:38 PM
You know what? You guys are alright!!!! You got to love your team and talk smack. The game should be fun, just wish I could be there to see it. Tailgate with some JMU fans and you all will have a great time.

CaBisonFan
11-26-2011, 10:39 PM
Here are some of my thoughts on JMU after watching the EKU game today.

They run a read option offense very similar to UNI. UNI has a better passing game but JMU's version of the offense is more run oriented.
The interior D-line is stout. It will be tough to run between tackles on them especially if Gimmestad and/or Richard can't go.
They like to throw the ball on designed rollouts to give a run/pass option to the QB, usually to the right. The DEs will have to play disciplined.
The QB is a very good runner but I was not impressed with him as a passer. The windy conditions may have played into that.
RB #11 is very fast. He is dangerous if he can get the edge on the option.
The O-line are mashers. They run block very well but struggle in pass blocking. However the QB rarely sits in the pocket when throwing.
The QB likes to throw up deep jump balls into single coverage, there will be chances for the DBs to make a big play.

Good stuff. Thanks

Hammerhead
11-26-2011, 10:51 PM
I'll be blunt. There's a reason NDSU has the #2 seed and should beat JMU.

ndsubison1
11-26-2011, 10:57 PM
im interested to see the extent of DJ Bryants injury

Bison Dan
11-26-2011, 11:03 PM

WOW - I didn't see one good hit. I think this is a game where we'll be like WI and control the line of scrimage and wear them down. But if we can't control their qb then it might be a long game. I sure wish Jensen was healthy because that little play were both guards pull and he runs behind them would be a killer for JMU to stop.

A1pigskin
11-26-2011, 11:35 PM
I think Sam will have his best game yet. He seems to be getting better as the year has gone on.

SamsRams
11-26-2011, 11:41 PM
Can we start talking about Towson/Leigh winner. JMU bores me already!!

devin45k
11-26-2011, 11:45 PM
I think Sam will have his best game yet. He seems to be getting better as the year has gone on.

He has become the star of the backfield.

semobison
11-26-2011, 11:51 PM
WOW - I didn't see one good hit. I think this is a game where we'll be like WI and control the line of scrimage and wear them down. But if we can't control their qb then it might be a long game. I sure wish Jensen was healthy because that little play were both guards pull and he runs behind them would be a killer for JMU to stop.

When you control the time of possession 40 minutes to 20 minutes your being physical at the line of scrimmage. Being physical has little to do with making a big hit! Its about controlling the line of scrimmage!

CaBisonFan
11-26-2011, 11:52 PM
He has become the star of the backfield.

Yep...and he's becoming outstanding. Take nothing away from DJ. He's one of our leaders...playing hurt...etc.

semobison
11-26-2011, 11:56 PM

Their O line wore EKU down! Time of possession, JMU had the ball for over 40 minutes! I guess thats from being soft!

devin45k
11-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Yep...and he's becoming outstanding. Take nothing away from DJ. He's one of our leaders...playing hurt...etc.

unfortunate season for DJ but he hasn't been complaining. I knew Ojuri was going to be awesome but he came out without any struggle.

tony
11-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Their O line wore EKU down! Time of possession, JMU had the ball for over 40 minutes! I guess thats from being soft!

Yeah, if NDSU can't stop the run, then that's going to be a huge problem. If they have to pass, well, they were holding to the point of practically ripping the jerseys off of EKU players on every pass play so it depends on how the refs call the game.

CaBisonFan
11-27-2011, 12:18 AM
It seemed to me that they were busy erasing each other's strengths...so it's hard to tell how good JMU is. They took over just in time. There was no dominance by either team. The matchups will be totally different next week. They run a pretty decent option game...and that scares me a little bit. They obviously have athleticism. How much...that will be the question.

Buffalo Bill
11-27-2011, 12:22 AM
I would love too, your stadium and fans look to make it a very fun time. I have nothing but respect for your program, and think this could be a great game and time. Not sure if I can get the time off.

Dude if you were going you would laugh when you walk up to this "stadium". It looks like a mall. They call it a dome but it's a building. Their fans have an average weight of 285. They aren't as good as they think they are.

semobison
11-27-2011, 12:27 AM
Yeah, if NDSU can't stop the run, then that's going to be a huge problem. If they have to pass, well, they were holding to the point of practically ripping the jerseys off of EKU players on every pass play so it depends on how the refs call the game.

Defensively, stopping the run is definately the key! Offensively I dont think we want to line up and try to pound it at them! A nice pass-run balance is what we need!

CAS4127
11-27-2011, 12:33 AM
Dude if you were going you would laugh when you walk up to this "stadium". It looks like a mall. They call it a dome but it's a building. Their fans have an average weight of 285. They aren't as good as they think they are.

Well, thank god JMU isn't goin to the sewage plant in Cedar Falls that is used some weekends as a football stadium. U or so jealous of the fact that our team and facilities are better than yours that u r thinking less clearly than your otherwise braindeadmind thinks. FUCK U!!

bisonbills
11-27-2011, 12:35 AM
27-19. Still butt hurt much?

Buffalo Bill
11-27-2011, 01:00 AM
Well, thank god JMU isn't goin to the sewage plant in Cedar Falls that is used some weekends as a football stadium. U or so jealous of the fact that our team and facilities are better than yours that u r thinking less clearly than your otherwise braindeadmind thinks. FUCK U!!

I can't be that brain dead. I kind of made sense of your uneducated writing. How old are you?

CAS4127
11-27-2011, 01:11 AM
I can't be that brain dead. I kind of made sense of your uneducated writing. How old are you?

So, age makes a difference? Let's put it this way--nice and simple for your acorn-sized brain (no compliment intended BTW), my age is larger than your IQ, BIIIAAAAAATCH!!

56BISON73
11-27-2011, 01:30 AM

You would be WRONG--again.

BlueBisonRock
11-27-2011, 01:30 AM

Hey its Little Willey! Did you get tossed off the Panther board again? BTW, I looked up Damn Pathetic in the dictionary and found your photo.

Now go back to mama's basement like a good little boy. After all, you did promise.

Civil06
11-27-2011, 01:32 AM

You can call an attorney a lot of things, but uneducated ain't one of them.

devin45k
11-27-2011, 02:07 AM
27-19. Still butt hurt much?

hahahahahahahaha

IzzyFlexion
11-27-2011, 02:12 AM
Hey its Little Willey! Did you get tossed off the Panther board again? BTW, I looked up Damn Pathetic in the dictionary and found your photo.

Now go back to mama's basement like a good little boy. After all, you did promise.

These same 4 words spoken by my wife on our honeymoon has made my psyciatrist one wealthy sumbitch!

ndsubison1
11-27-2011, 02:25 AM

you mad bro?

BlueBisonRock
11-27-2011, 02:29 AM
you mad bro?

You'd be mad too if your handle was Little Willey.

Buffaloshitter, aka, PH, Imadouche, Little Willey, and many others - Giving women a reason to laugh all over Northern Iowa!

tjbison
11-27-2011, 02:37 AM
You'd be mad too if your handle was Little Willey.

Buffaloshitter, aka, PH, Imadouche, Little Willey, and many others - Giving women a reason to laugh all over Northern Iowa!

Leave him alone, typical UNI fan that cant deal with the fact they are no longer the talk of the conference

BisonTeacher
11-27-2011, 02:47 AM
Leave him alone, typical UNI fan that cant deal with the fact they are no longer the talk of the conference

Seriously...if you are a movie fan, check out the documentary "Catfish". It explains a lot about people with multiple online personalities. Sad. Very sad.

Strommer10
11-27-2011, 02:51 AM
We have to stay disciplined in our run assignments. I know it's different, but it could be some practice for a potential matchup with GSU...

Buthockey
11-27-2011, 02:53 AM

Billy, Can you skate eh?

DIBISON
11-27-2011, 05:34 AM

No they are not physical. JMU is skilled and slashers but definetly not able to pound down teams on offensive or defense. That being said this will be a tough game for the Bison as JSU has been there before, plays in front of 25000 fans, and is playoff savey. And their offensive and defensive schemes are the kind that give Bison fits.

NDSUstudent
11-27-2011, 06:08 AM
No they are not physical. JMU is skilled and slashers but definetly not able to pound down teams on offensive or defense. That being said this will be a tough game for the Bison as JSU has been there before, plays in front of 25000 fans, and is playoff savey. And their offensive and defensive schemes are the kind that give Bison fits.

Not really sure how their offensive scheme is one that has given us fits...They are a deliberate running team with an offense that is pretty one dimensional. IMO we are at our best when making a team one dimensional.

tjbison
11-27-2011, 11:40 AM

Playoff savey?? A comeback win against a 7-4 OVC team for a mighty CAA school isnt savvy it's luck. They got mopped by EKU and just had more depth to not get winded as bad in the 4th so they snuck it out. I like our chances

semobison
11-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Playoff savey?? A comeback win against a 7-4 OVC team for a mighty CAA school isnt savvy it's luck. They got mopped by EKU and just had more depth to not get winded as bad in the 4th so they snuck it out. I like our chances

I like our chances too, but they didnt get mopped by EKU! JMI controlled the line of scrimmage having twice the TOP and yards as EKU! It was kind of a weird game though! EKU would have pulled the upset if the running back wouldn't have overthown the WR on the option pass in the 4th quarter! I like it how when a Bison opponent or future opponent wins it must be LUCK!!

tjbison
11-27-2011, 02:13 PM
I like our chances too, but they didnt get mopped by EKU! JMI controlled the line of scrimmage having twice the TOP and yards as EKU! It was kind of a weird game though! EKU would have pulled the upset if the running back wouldn't have overthown the WR on the option pass in the 4th quarter! I like it how when a Bison opponent or future opponent wins it must be LUCK!!

EKU was owning JMU's Oline, they didnt run for crap until EKU wore down and yes they got lucky just as you stated that pass to a WIDE open receiver would have sealed the game. Based on the love fest for the CAA by everyone and according to their posters on here that game should have been 60-0, as one guy on the CAA board told an EKU guy they were going to "mop the floor with them" and I guess maybe some people watched a different game than I but JMU was NOT good, maybe it was a bad game maybe not, but I will guarantee Minnesota of the B10 had a hell of alot more speed than the Mighty CAA JMU and Tirell Rennie is a much better QB than Tommy Chong Thorpe. As for the D well UNI again had better defensive players in Fort and Boothby, Shakir Bell was a better runner than JMU's also. We played ALOT more physical, faster and dimentional teams over the regular 11 games than JMU. Will it be easy hell no but the way some people talk we have slim chance to win, I believe after this bye-wek these guys are come out and play like the MN and UNI game and if they do we hang 27 on JMU easy, the backs EKU had are nothing compared to Ojuri and DJ, EKU had their FB and Tight end wide open on nearly every play the ran a pass and they are not 6'8" like Veldman. Bison win and yes I still think JMU got Lucky yesterday

We heard the same crap from Big Fluffy fans last year that MSU had WAY more speed than NDSU, Mcgee was going to tear us up, and look what happened we beat the ever loving shit out of them, shut Mcgee down and walked out laughing at their house with our physical play and we were not even as strong last year as this year.

GO BISON

BisonBabe
11-27-2011, 02:19 PM
I watched the game and was not impressed much by either team. I am not overly concerned about how we will do against JMU next weekend as I think we will handle them easily. Thorpe looked to be pretty baned up during the game came down pretty hard on his shoulder at least once. He also seemed to get pretty rattled when EKU broke through and put him on his arse. If our D puts pressure on their line and gets to Thorpe the game should be in our favor all day long.

PaBizon
11-27-2011, 02:33 PM
I watched the game and was not impressed much by either team. I am not overly concerned about how we will do against JMU next weekend as I think we will handle them easily. Thorpe looked to be pretty baned up during the game came down pretty hard on his shoulder at least once. He also seemed to get pretty rattled when EKU broke through and put him on his arse. If our D puts pressure on their line and gets to Thorpe the game should be in our favor all day long.

Agreed. IMO the DE's are the key to the game. Contain the QB when he runs and pressure him when he passes. Their LT was suspect and see 6 sacks + coming. Add the crowd noise and a few false start penalties to the mix and I see a 17 point victory,

KilldeerBison
11-27-2011, 02:37 PM
On the post game show, Thorpe said that EKU was by far the most physical defense they had played this year, hard hits. I think the Bison can match that, no problem. I believe our D. secondary is much better than EKU.

Wally
11-27-2011, 02:38 PM
I, like everyone else, was not that impressed by either team yesterday. With that being said, what did we say about our win @ SIU? We found a way to win and that is what good teams do. That is what JMU did yesterday. It wasn't pretty but a W is a W. Believe me, I am not shaking in my shoes scared to play them, but don't let one performance skew our view about how good or bad they are. It's one game, winner take and crazy things can happen. If we play like we did against Minn, UNI we win handily. If we play like we did against YSU, SIU we lose. Not breaking any new ground here, but every team is good/very good so it will be a challenge.

tjbison
11-27-2011, 02:44 PM
On the post game show, Thorpe said that EKU was by far the most physical defense they had played this year, hard hits. I think the Bison can match that, no problem. I believe our D. secondary is much better than EKU.

Exactly, they are not used to head banging, their finesse teams in the CAA, comparing them to SIU and YSU isn't the same those teams play physical Football in the Valley. JMU doesnt and it showed they had guys laying and limping all over the field and i would put $1K on it that after that RB takes a couple shots from Colton Heagle his day will be over, same with Dimebag Darrel, Im so pumped up to kick their ass im not sure I can make it to Saturday

Duke Dawg
11-27-2011, 02:59 PM
You guys are all wrong in your observations about us and caa football.

But, I would expect that as I'm sure you don't watch caa teams just like we don't watch mvc teams so any observations we may have would be equally off base.

Bottom line is, you guys think you'll win....and we think we'll win. It's going to come down to who makes the big plays and limits big mistakes, ie-turnovers.

This game will be close and decided in the 4th quarter

Duke Dawg
11-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Exactly, they are not used to head banging, their finesse teams in the CAA, comparing them to SIU and YSU isn't the same those teams play physical Football in the Valley. JMU doesnt and it showed they had guys laying and limping all over the field and i would put $1K on it that after that RB takes a couple shots from Colton Heagle his day will be over, same with Dimebag Darrel, Im so pumped up to kick their ass im not sure I can make it to Saturday

The guys who were limping around were injured coming into the game. They gutted it out and played hurt.

A1pigskin
11-27-2011, 03:01 PM
IMO the Bison must play a good 4 quarters. JMU would love to beat the #2 team.

BisoninNWMN
11-27-2011, 03:02 PM

Agreed.

The Valley is way more physical than the CAA.

......."EKU was the most physical team JMU played all year"......well, that statement says a lot.

If the Bison do not turn the ball over this will be a 2-3 TD Bison win.

semobison
11-27-2011, 03:04 PM

Well guys I hope you are right. We will dominate them Physically! My only question is! If the CAA is a finesse league, and they have had 4 champions and 3 runnerups since 2004 while the Valley has had 1 runnerup in that time, Why are we not playing this finesse football you guys are talking about.....Guys, there has not been a game in 25+ years that I didnt think the Bison could win and its no different this week. I just dont have to disrespect the opponent to talk myself into it!

A1pigskin
11-27-2011, 03:05 PM
Is JMU used to playing on concrete?

tjbison
11-27-2011, 03:07 PM

But, I would expect that as I'm sure you don't watch caa teams just like we don't watch mvc teams so any observations we may have would be equally off base.

Bottom line is, you guys think you'll win....and we think we'll win. It's going to come down to who makes the big plays and limits big mistakes, ie-turnovers.

Agreed, I never said this will be an easy game, but there has been a certain JMU poster here that keps saying all this stupid stuff and he uses speed as the big difference, so I am using the Physical game. We have alot different Oline and Dline than EKU we are Deep, Strong and Conditioned and that what most OOC teams have found from NDSU. Last year we were a 1 dimenstional team with the run being our only option, that is not the case this year. Duke you have been a good poster so you coming up for the game??

Duke Dawg
Our old turf was like that but none of these current players were around then.

Our coach is used To coaching on concrete. :-)

BisoninNWMN

Maybe, but our defense is a lot better than EKU's.

Your pass blocking looked really suspect yesterday. If the Bison shut down your running game, then the Dukes will have to pass.

Looking forward to saturday.

Duke Dawg
11-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Agreed, I never said this will be an easy game, but there has been a certain JMU poster here that keps saying all this stupid stuff and he uses speed as the big difference, so I am using the Physical game. We have alot different Oline and Dline than EKU we are Deep, Strong and Conditioned and that what most OOC teams have found from NDSU. Last year we were a 1 dimenstional team with the run being our only option, that is not the case this year. Duke you have been a good poster so you coming up for the game??

No can't make it. Saving my trips for frisco. Haha

We struggle the most on d with teams who mix it up. Our coaching staff has always been able to scheme against one dimensional teams, either running or passing, and eat them alive.

You guys will need to be balanced to move the ball real effectively.

We also tend to be a bend but dont break d. Well let you move it some between the 20's but will stiffen up significantly in the red zone.

tjbison
11-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Well guys I hope you are right. We will dominate them Physically! My only question is! If the CAA is a finesse league, and they have had 4 champions and 3 runnerups since 2004 while the Valley has had 1 runnerup in that time, Why are we not playing this finesse football you guys are talking about.....Guys, there has not been a game in 25+ years that I didnt think the Bison could win and its no different this week. I just dont have to disrespect the opponent to talk myself into it!

How am I disrespecting them? We play different styles, the Valley year in and year out has potential to win UNI has had many Championship teams just they for some reason Crap their pants in the playoffs. The same differencs in FBS conferences flow thru to FCS. Are you saying the SEC plays the same style ball as the Big 10 or Big 12? I would think the Valley is more like the Big 10 with big Power Run first teams and stout hard hitting Defenses, the CAA is more spread, speed pass style. Am i wrong, again I am not at all disrespecting JMU I know what they have done but the CAA is not what it was a couple years ago and I think you have to agree a little.

semobison
11-27-2011, 03:13 PM

Read some of the stuff you write, then imagine it was written by an opponent. It would be like looking in the mirror! Fans see their team in color and everybody else in black and white!

No_Skill
11-27-2011, 03:14 PM

Why is thinking one team is better than the other disrespect?

Taunting, name calling, etc...that's disrespect. Predicting a 2-3 score win is not automatic disrespect. Granted, I have a small sample and the JMU fans have said they didn't play up to par yesterday, but if that JMU team shows up then I would be disappointed with a one score win.

Duke Dawg
11-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Maybe, but our defense is a lot better than EKU's.

Your pass blocking looked really suspect yesterday. If the Bison shut down your running game, then the Dukes will have to pass.

Looking forward to saturday.

I think the wind effected what we wanted to do. And we have lost 3 ol this year and have been working in some fr who really haven't had a chance to pass block much because we ran the ball at will the last few weeks of the season. We are expecting one of them back next week though.

Also, give credit to eku. They had a couple decent dlineman. I think you guys are underestimating that.

tjbison
11-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Read some of the stuff you write, then imagine it was written by an opponent. It would be like looking in the mirror! Fans see their team in color and everybody else in black and white!

Ok guess Ill bow down and only praise the opposing team, sorry for being pro NDSU on our board...........go to the CAA board and look at some of the crap they say about us, atleast we are not attacking were they live, the population of the state etc....we at least talk football unlike most other schools boards that feel inferior and have to make fun of our location.

No_Skill
11-27-2011, 03:18 PM

This is a Bison board, you should expect nothing less, just like they are predicting a win over on the JMU board...and they should.

semobison
11-27-2011, 03:22 PM
How am I disrespecting them? We play different styles, the Valley year in and year out has potential to win UNI has had many Championship teams just they for some reason Crap their pants in the playoffs. The same differencs in FBS conferences flow thru to FCS. Are you saying the SEC plays the same style ball as the Big 10 or Big 12? I would think the Valley is more like the Big 10 with big Power Run first teams and stout hard hitting Defenses, the CAA is more spread, speed pass style. Am i wrong, again I am not at all disrespecting JMU I know what they have done but the CAA is not what it was a couple years ago and I think you have to agree a little.

The SoCon is considered more a speed or finesse conference! The CAA has had teams recently that play power football win the title! I wouldnt quite call the CAA a finesse conference!

Duke Dawg
11-27-2011, 03:22 PM
This is a Bison board, you should expect nothing less, just like they are predicting a win over on the JMU board...and they should.

I would expect you guys to predict a win too. Youve earned that position.

It was the same for us in 2008 when we were ranked #1 virtually all year. We thought we were invincible.

But losing the turnover battle 4-0 in the semis will bring you back down to earth.:bleh:

Duke Dawg
11-27-2011, 03:25 PM
The SoCon is considered more a speed or finesse conference! The CAA has had teams recently that play power football win the title! I wouldnt quite call the CAA a finesse conference!

Correct.

Teams like Richmond, William & Mary, umass, Delaware, all wil play a power smash mouth style or mix things up.

It's really only new Hampshire that predominantly plays a spread finesse style

No_Skill
11-27-2011, 03:25 PM
I would expect you guys to predict a win too. Youve earned that position.

It was the same for us in 2008 when we were ranked #1 virtually all year. We thought we were invincible.

But losing the turnover battle 4-0 in the semis will bring you back down to earth.:bleh:

JMU absolutely has the tools and ability to win the game. We realize that we aren't playing a MEAC team.

BisoninNWMN
11-27-2011, 03:26 PM

This is our board!

CAA fans have said much worse about us and the Valley on other boards.

BisonNeil
11-27-2011, 03:27 PM

The seniors on JMU have been in the playoff three times, versus two for the Bison. I think that is playoff savvy. They will be a formidable opponent.

You and most of the others on this site act like the Bison have been blowing out and running over their opponents. They haven't. For the most part they have found ways to win, and that is a good thing, but they have yet to demonstrate that they can play a complete game. Hopefully that will happen in the playoffs.

BisoninNWMN
11-27-2011, 03:29 PM
I think the wind effected what we wanted to do. And we have lost 3 ol this year and have been working in some fr who really haven't had a chance to pass block much because we ran the ball at will the last few weeks of the season. We are expecting one of them back next week though.

Also, give credit to eku. They had a couple decent dlineman. I think you guys are underestimating that.

Bison rotate 8 guys on the DL. From what I saw yesterday, our Dline is better than EKU's.

BisoninNWMN
11-27-2011, 03:31 PM
The seniors on JMU have been in the playoff three times, versus two for the Bison. I think that is playoff savvy. They will be a formidable opponent.

You and most of the others on this site act like the Bison have been blowing out and running over their opponents. They haven't. For the most part they have found ways to win, and that is a good thing, but they have yet to demonstrate that they can play a complete game. Hopefully that will happen in the playoffs.

We played complete games against Minnesota and UNI......yet to demonstrate this??

No team plays perfect throughout any game.

Good teams find ways to win and the Bison have done this.

semobison

Very true! I love our passionate fans! Being an old timer, I respect the opponent but I dont fear the opponent! I made some complimentary comments about JMU's team and some of you think the sky is falling! Just because other fans post crap, that doesnt mean we have to!....anyway...this is a messageboard...flame away!
Go Bison!

BisonNeil
well guys i hope you are right. We will dominate them physically! My only question is! If the caa is a finesse league, and they have had 4 champions and 3 runnerups since 2004 while the valley has had 1 runnerup in that time, why are we not playing this finesse football you guys are talking about.....guys, there has not been a game in 25+ years that i didnt think the bison could win and its no different this week. i just dont have to disrespect the opponent to talk myself into it!

this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BisonNeil
11-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Bison rotate 8 guys on the DL. From what I saw yesterday, our Dline is better than EKU's.

Overall, I would agree with that. However, #96 for EKU, Carter, I think is better than any single DL player we have. At least in that game. He owned JMUs center. Neither Perry or Drevlow have shown that kind of dominance in any game.

BisoninNWMN
11-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Overall, I would agree with that. However, #96 for EKU, Carter, I think is better than any single DL player we have. At least in that game. He owned JMUs center. Neither Perry or Drevlow have shown that kind of dominance in any game.

We'll see how they do against their center this saturday.

I still believe that JMU is going to have to pass to win. They might move the ball right away while the defense makes adjustments. But that is what our defense has done all year....make adjustments.

Should be a good game on saturday.

No_Skill
11-27-2011, 03:41 PM

Ehhhh, I wouldn't go that far. I think 96 looking good yesterday was equal parts poor OL play and him playing well. There was one play in particular that stood out. The RG moved to the right on the snap and basically fell down before any contact which lead to a sack for 96.

Bison_since_Birth
11-27-2011, 03:54 PM
I know nothing about EKU, except they are from Richmond, VA... OOPS! Kentucky! I see JMU fell in love with the run against EKU for 96 Attempts on the ground! 60 attempts against Umass, running is life for JMU and the players are geared to RUN, more than NDSU! To run that many times JMU MUST have a decent offensive line, they are in the playoffs. SO are we...field position determines this one along with gap assignments for our defense to FORCE them to throw it, hopefully 20 or more times and that will prove well in our favor.

No_Skill
11-27-2011, 04:07 PM
I know nothing about EKU, except they are from Richmond, VA... OOPS! Kentucky! I see JMU fell in love with the run against EKU for 96 Attempts on the ground! 60 attempts against Umass, running is life for JMU and the players are geared to RUN, more than NDSU! To run that many times JMU MUST have a decent offensive line, they are in the playoffs. SO are we...field position determines this one along with gap assignments for our defense to FORCE them to throw it, hopefully 20 or more times and that will prove well in our favor.

They are definitely a better run blocking team than pass blocking. It would be really nice if we could get a sizeable lead and make them throw more than they want.

semobison
11-27-2011, 04:11 PM
Keys:
1. Stop the run!
2. Stop the run!
3. Have balance on offense, JMU's run D is good(10th in the nation)! I dont think we can come into this game thinking we are going to pound them with our run game! Keeping their D off balance will be important for our offense!....Our passing game is better!

jimmyptubas
11-27-2011, 05:04 PM
If we play like we did against UNI we win easily. I don't buy it that JMU is as good or better than UNI.

Tatanka
11-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Yesterday's game between the #19 GPI JMU team and the #33 (!!!!!!!!) EKU team was a lot closer than it should have been. Throw in some longer travel than JMU is used to, unfamiliar surroundings, a rested Bison team, and it should be a whale of a Bison victory on Saturday. That said, this is why the game isn't played on paper.

torby
11-27-2011, 06:40 PM
yesterday's game between the #19 gpi jmu team and the #33 (!!!!!!!!) eku team was a lot closer than it should have been. Throw in some longer travel than jmu is used to, unfamiliar surroundings, a rested bison team, and it should be a whale of a bison victory on saturday. That said, this is why the game isn't played on paper.................................agree!!

Fightin' Bison
11-27-2011, 07:16 PM
UNI has had many Championship teams just they for some reason Crap their pants in the playoffs. FYI - This is the opposite of Championship teams. . . .

BisonNeil
11-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Ehhhh, I wouldn't go that far. I think 96 looking good yesterday was equal parts poor OL play and him playing well. There was one play in particular that stood out. The RG moved to the right on the snap and basically fell down before any contact which lead to a sack for 96.

You could be right, and as NWMN pointed out, we'll see how Drevlow and Perry do against JMUs center. Carter had a good game though.

BisonNeil
11-27-2011, 10:08 PM

You're right, they are a running team. They only threw 16 times (Bison average 23 attempts per game) and completed 9, 3 of those to the TE. If I had to criticize one aspect of the Bison D it would be that the LBs do a poor job covering the TE. It always seems TEs have a hey day against the Bison.

DirtyDukes
11-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Hey guys, really looking forward to the game. We were trying to get a group of 8 to roadtrip up but 48 hours in the car is a hard sell, even to the most rabid JMU fans. Plus our admin showing the game in our stadium on the jumbotron took the wind out of our sails.

Few observations of your observations:

Questionable discipline. A lot of post play showboating.
Bohl will outcoach the shit of their HC. He was not even looking concerned about the missed FG call. Bohl would have at least gone a litle apeshit for a minute or two.

I haven't seen G-Southern, but they MUST run that option much better than JMU. Pre-mature pitch city.

Our coach is known for his sideline antics. He was very zen for some reason last Saturday, or maybe the cameras didn't show his anger. Some proof:

It was certainly suspect, but we still managed to throw for 149 through the air. Not anything to write home about, but we did put in a backup RT late in the game who proved to be an improvement. We are more successful when we roll out and throw versus staying in the pocket due to our injuries.

Several????
C'mon dude......
Several?
Probably has a couple, maybe even 3....but I'm callin' you out on several.
Our backup is really good.
Anderson this year:
Richmond
45 yard TD
49 yard TD
Maine
80 yard TD

Several=3-6

They got mopped by EKU

That's a joke.

SDbison
11-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Don't worry, the JMU coach will be plenty worked up this Saturday when his team is losing, the dome is noisy as hell, and the Dukes are getting crushed. Last week was like playing a scrimmage at a neutral site with only 2000 EKU and JMU fans combined.

DirtyDukes
11-29-2011, 08:05 PM
Don't worry, the JMU coach will be plenty worked up this Saturday when his team is losing, the dome is noisy as hell, and the Dukes are getting crushed. Last week was like playing a scrimmage at a neutral site with only 2000 EKU and JMU fans combined.

I'm glad we got warmed up for you guys, then. And it was 2,800. ;)

SDbison
11-29-2011, 08:10 PM
I'm glad we got warmed up for you guys, then. And it was 2,800. ;) All fan talk aside, this shoud be a great game. I think the Bison will get burned a couple times creating some big JMU plays, but the Bison will do well and keep a two score lead for most of the game. Bison win 38-21.

NorthernBison
11-29-2011, 08:18 PM
You have to respect a program that has actually won it all. Pretty recently too.

Normally, I would say "bring it on" to any team that wants to rely on their running game. Some of our recent performances against the run don't fill me with confidence. Especially if one of the opponent's weapons is a shifty QB. I expect our D to get tested on Saturday. Fingers crossed here.

I feel a lot better about our balance on offense this season. It sounds like JMU's D has had some problems with balanced attacks.

Our return game is a real factor and is likely to be a key to victory.

westnodak93bison
11-30-2011, 02:33 AM
What kind of defense do they run?

James Madison
11-30-2011, 03:31 AM
This year coach switched to a 4-3 that features 3 smallish linebackers. 2 of the 3 were safeties when they started at JMU and have been converted to LB's. This is a typical coach Mathews tactic. He will choose speed over size everywhere except the line of scrimmage. For the previous 12 years he had utilized an 8 man front in the 4-2-5 alignment. There were too many good linebackers this year to only start 2 so he made the switch, at least for this year.
Coach used to blitz like a mad man, but he has really reigned it in over the last 5 years and expects to give up zero big plays every game.
The 2004 National Championship team was blitz happy and they piled up 55 sacks that season. This year's team has 34, but doesn't blitz nearly as much.

BisonAccountant44
11-30-2011, 03:40 AM
This year coach switched to a 4-3 that features 3 smallish linebackers. 2 of the 3 were safeties when they started at JMU and have been converted to LB's. This is a typical coach Mathews tactic. He will choose speed over size everywhere except the line of scrimmage. For the previous 12 years he had utilized an 8 man front in the 4-2-5 alignment. There were too many good linebackers this year to only start 2 so he made the switch, at least for this year.
Coach used to blitz like a mad man, but he has really reigned it in over the last 5 years and expects to give up zero big plays every game.
The 2004 National Championship team was blitz happy and they piled up 55 sacks that season. This year's team has 34, but doesn't blitz nearly as much.

4-3? I thought it was a 3-4?

morgeen
11-30-2011, 08:21 AM
How will each objective be accomplished? What activities will take place and when?

JmuSkinsfan
11-30-2011, 02:42 PM
JMU rarely, if ever, gives up over 30 points to an FCS team. The last few years our defense has been pretty stout ... we held ODU's explosive offense to 23 points and UNH to 28 ... both teams who regularly got over 40 points a game. JMU's defense is not going to give up much ... and is absolutely dominant against the run, and actually pretty good against the pass. JMU does give up a lot of dink and dunk type pass plays, which make it seem like a lot, but only give up something like 180 yards passing a game.

I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but going into the final week of the season JMU's defense had given up something like 95 yards per game on the ground and 180 yards per game through the air against CAA opponents.

semobison
11-30-2011, 03:28 PM
Stat wise their defense is very good against the run ranked #10 in the country! IMO we are going to need to be balanced offensively! Hopefully Brock gained some mobility with the week off!

bisonmike2
11-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Stat wise their defense is very good against the run ranked #10 in the country! IMO we are going to need to be balanced offensively! Hopefully Brock gained some mobility with the week off!

I wonder how much of that stat is because they rush the ball 60 times a game. I have not looked, feel free to dispute this post with facts, but if your running the ball 60 times a game, you're holding onto the ball a majority of the game. You get a lead and you're holding onto the ball, now your opponent isn't going to rush that much and they are going to throw the ball more. Just a thought. One thing I know is that we are a better team than Eastern Kentucky and we will have a much better home field advantage. It took JMU a last second FG to get back EKU. I know it's not entirely apples to apples, but if we play our game, we will beat JMU.

JmuSkinsfan
11-30-2011, 03:43 PM
I wonder how much of that stat is because they rush the ball 60 times a game. I have not looked, feel free to dispute this post with facts, but if your running the ball 60 times a game, you're holding onto the ball a majority of the game. You get a lead and you're holding onto the ball, now your opponent isn't going to rush that much and they are going to throw the ball more. Just a thought. One thing I know is that we are a better team than Eastern Kentucky and we will have a much better home field advantage. It took JMU a last second FG to get back EKU. I know it's not entirely apples to apples, but if we play our game, we will beat JMU.

JMU allows just 3.1 YPC to opponents.

Rush yards allowed per game: 97.4
Pass yards allowed per game: 199.9
Total yards allowed per game: 297.3
Points Per Game Allowed: 19.1

Keep in mind, these stats include offenses that were rather dominant this year. The CAA had a "down" year defensively and a huge up year offensively. As mentioned elsewhere, JMU held ODU to 23 points and UNH to 28 points ... two offenses that averaged well over 35 ppg this year.

These stats also include the game against UNC in which JMU lost 42-10 ... I have a hard time keeping stats from I-A games in when comparing two FCS teams ... but you guys beat Minnesota (regardless of how god awful they are) ... so it's fair to keep them in for comparison sake I suppose.

CAS4127
11-30-2011, 03:44 PM

Stats lie and liars use stats!!

gotts
11-30-2011, 03:44 PM
Lawyers lie and liars use lawyers!!

FIFY :D 10 char

TransAmBison
11-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Stats lie and liars use stats!!Do you have a stat for that?

TAILG8R
11-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Do you have a stat for that?

No but 60% of the time, he's right every time.

CAS4127
11-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Do you have a stat for that?

Yes. See Bisonaudit; BV Senior Member; Join Date: 10.3.03; 2389 Posts to Date. :biggrin: See also, On-the-Road!:hide:

MN_BISON
11-30-2011, 08:37 PM
I was able to catch a part of Scottie Miller's talk with the JMU radio guy today. Seemed like a good guy but I get this feeling from listening to him and thier coach last night on his conference call that these guys think they're something special. I keep hearing CAA this, VTech that, best conference blah, blah blah. No one is giving NDSU or the MVFC any credit for the most part. I don't know, I just get that we are better than you feeling when I hear them talk. I got a kick out of their press and coach last night when talking about the turf at the dome and their shoe problem, had to order $4k worth of new ones from Nike.....Old Mick went on to say it has to be the only place in DI with that kind of field, well it's not Mick and I'm sure NDSU will welcome you back next year and kick your ass on the new rug too. I also keep hearing about how fast these guys are..........yawn..........never heard that one before. Old Mickster said he doesn't know where ND is? WTF dude, really??? Was that supposed to be funny? Same old sh!t, different year. He did have some good things to say about coach Wacker and how much he loved Fargo and NDSU so that was alright and Rocky told him NoDaks love their football and the dome will be loud. Good to know he's aware it's going to be cold up here, can't get one past ol' Mickey. He actually had to ask how close ND was to MN, you can't make it up. I hope the guys bring the pain on Saturday and don't let up until about 6 bells. Oh and here's a thought, did anyone ever once think that maybe, just maybe that god's gift to football conferences, THE CAA, is down this year? Just sayin'............................................ ...........:omfg:

Tatanka
11-30-2011, 09:07 PM
I was able to catch a part of Scottie Miller's talk with the JMU radio guy today. Seemed like a good guy but I get this feeling from listening to him and thier coach last night on his conference call that these guys think they're something special. I keep hearing CAA this, VTech that, best conference blah, blah blah. No one is giving NDSU or the MVFC any credit for the most part. I don't know, I just get that we are better than you feeling when I hear them talk. I got a kick out of their press and coach last night when talking about the turf at the dome and their shoe problem, had to order $4k worth of new ones from Nike.....Old Mick went on to say it has to be the only place in DI with that kind of field, well it's not Mick and I'm sure NDSU will welcome you back next year and kick your ass on the new rug too. I also keep hearing about how fast these guys are..........yawn..........never heard that one before. Old Mickster said he doesn't know where ND is? WTF dude, really??? Was that supposed to be funny? Same old sh!t, different year. He did have some good things to say about coach Wacker and how much he loved Fargo and NDSU so that was alright and Rocky told him NoDaks love their football and the dome will be loud. Good to know he's aware it's going to be cold up here, can't get one past ol' Mickey. He actually had to ask how close ND was to MN, you can't make it up. I hope the guys bring the pain on Saturday and don't let up until about 6 bells. Oh and here's a thought, did anyone ever once think that maybe, just maybe that god's gift to football conferences, THE CAA, is down this year? Just sayin'............................................ ...........:omfg:

He's about one "little guys in green" comment away from a perfect slate. Love the bulletin board material. Eff him and the high horse he thinks he's going to ride in on.

BisonAccountant44
11-30-2011, 09:17 PM
The thing that has been bothering me about all the talk this week is this. We are the number two seed in the playoffs, we're playing at home after a bye week, we're 10-1 with a win at a BCS teams house this year (last year too), and damnit we're NDSU. I don't care who the hell these guys think they are. If we're really supposed to be this worried about playing a 7-4 team who finished 5th in any FCS conference, and also needed a last second fieldgoal to beat a team whose conference is 0 for their last 20 in the playoffs, than we may as well lose because how in the hell do we expect to win the next three games against even better teams?

CAS4127
11-30-2011, 09:20 PM
The thing that has been bothering me about all the talk this week is this. We are the number two seed in the playoffs, we're playing at home after a bye week, we're 10-1 with a win at a BCS teams house this year (last year too), and damnit we're NDSU. I don't care who the hell these guys think they are. If we're really supposed to be this worried about playing a 7-4 team who finished 5th in any FCS conference, and also needed a last second fieldgoal to beat a team whose conference is 0 for their last 20 in the playoffs, than we may as well lose because how in the hell do we expect to win the next three games against even better teams?

You mad bro???!!!!!:hide:

Bison03
11-30-2011, 09:26 PM

Yeah, no kidding. Thanks for the pep talk. I heard the JMU radio guy say last week to Jack Michaels that the CAA is basically the SEC of the FCS. I agree with this statement in that people think that the bottom of the SEC could be at the top of every conference. Seems like the same bias exists for the CAA. Ok, we get it, you have 5 teams in and have had success in the past with your teams in the playoffs. I hope these guys think they can run all over a bunch of farm boys from North Dakota. Then they may think differently when one of those ND farm boys puts them on their ass. It's hard to make a #2 seeded 10-1 team the underdog, but I hope Bohl conveys to the team how much these guys probably don't respect us.

Grizzled
11-30-2011, 09:31 PM
To me it sounds like these guys are playing with the same mentality we had last year. They are thinking they are 7-4 but a good team. They are playing with nothing to lose coming to the Fargodome and their mentality shows it. They have been in this situation before. I don't feel disrespected when a team doesn't have the ho hum approach coming into a playoff game and I'm not suprised someone from the east coast doesn't know where North Dakota is. Have you visited there before? The east coast is the center of the universe, just ask them.

GradBison
11-30-2011, 09:54 PM

So you're saying we're the mighty Bison who the F are you? I'm on board with that. :D

344Johnson
11-30-2011, 10:05 PM
For me, the East Coast Bias that exists in literally all facets of society really needs to get torn down. Sports, politically, everything revolves around these damn people who think that because their state has more people, and perhaps a few more famous people born there, that they are better than us. I personally hope they bring that attitude problem with them into the dome this Saturday.

Would it be fun to watch Grothman crush some downtrodden linebacker who knows his team probably going to lose? Or would it be more fun to see him try and blow up the play and then get blasted 5 yards back because our guys are meaner, bigger, and play football the way it is meant to be played.

The key difference between the two teams, we do our hitting on the field. One of their key players is more concerned with the hits he can take off the field.

I did my share of wrestling in high school(got the chance to watch Grothman too, dude was a beast), and I wasn't too shabby. When I saw a kid warming up with the intention of beating me, that was more fun than watching some kid who knew he was going to his metaphorical funeral. What made it more fun was watching him walk off after the match looking like he had just been put through the ringer, when 5 minutes earlier he thought he was going to beat me.

I'm sure CAS can vouch it was more fun beating the teams that believed they could beat you in college than just pounding the living shit out of the Augustana's or whoever else(pretty much everyone) knew that beating NDSU was not going to happen. That is the unique situation about the playoffs, teams from other conferences like the CAA and SoCon don't give your team the respect your team deserves because in their mind, you don't deserve it....maybe one day the CAA and the SoCon will quit sucking each other off and realize that people do in fact play football west of the Mississippi....or West of the Appalachian Mountains for that matter. Apparently Eastern Washington didn't do a good enough job of showing them that last year...this might be a great time for NDSU/Montana/Montana St./UNI to welcome these fools into our homes and send them home with royal asskickings.

Mr. Burgundy
11-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Two things I don't question: Bohl having the team "up" for a big game, and Bohl coaching the Bison after a bye week. We will be ready!

Tatanka
11-30-2011, 10:13 PM
For me, the East Coast Bias that exists in literally all facets of society really needs to get torn down. Sports, politically, everything revolves around these damn people who think that because their state has more people, and perhaps a few more famous people born there, that they are better than us. I personally hope they bring that attitude problem with them into the dome this Saturday.

Would it be fun to watch Grothman crush some downtrodden linebacker who knows his team probably going to lose? Or would it be more fun to see him try and blow up the play and then get blasted 5 yards back because our guys are meaner, bigger, and play football the way it is meant to be played.

The key difference between the two teams, we do our hitting on the field. One of their key players is more concerned with the hits he can take off the field.

I did my share of wrestling in high school(got the chance to watch Grothman too, dude was a beast), and I wasn't too shabby. When I saw a kid warming up with the intention of beating me, that was more fun than watching some kid who knew he was going to his metaphorical funeral. What made it more fun was watching him walk off after the match looking like he had just been put through the ringer, when 5 minutes earlier he thought he was going to beat me.

I'm sure CAS can vouch it was more fun beating the teams that believed they could beat you in college than just pounding the living shit out of the Augustana's or whoever else(pretty much everyone) knew that beating NDSU was not going to happen. That is the unique situation about the playoffs, teams from other conferences like the CAA and SoCon don't give your team the respect your team deserves because in their mind, you don't deserve it....maybe one day the CAA and the SoCon will quit sucking each other off and realize that people do in fact play football west of the Mississippi....or West of the Appalachian Mountains for that matter. Apparently Eastern Washington didn't do a good enough job of showing them that last year...this might be a great time for NDSU/Montana/Montana St./UNI to welcome these fools into our homes and send them home with royal asskickings.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2MlNJctRaiQ/TokbD-HDTZI/AAAAAAAAHf8/EbO94lZc11k/s1600/Sam+Eagle.jpg

344Johnson
11-30-2011, 11:22 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2MlNJctRaiQ/TokbD-HDTZI/AAAAAAAAHf8/EbO94lZc11k/s1600/Sam+Eagle.jpg

I get upset easily.

Tatanka
12-01-2011, 12:02 AM
I get upset easily.

:rofl:

That was Sam the Eagle standing at full attention saluting your post. Carry on sir.

Grizzled
12-01-2011, 01:08 AM

Wow.....funny post.

344Johnson
12-01-2011, 01:46 AM
:rofl:

That was Sam the Eagle standing at full attention saluting your post. Carry on sir.

In that case....Rock on.

westnodak93bison
12-01-2011, 02:01 AM
After reading the injury report posted on another thread by a JMU fan I have to wonder what kind of legit depth they have on their d-line? Would it be safe to say IF our O-line is clicking we could wear them down in the 2nd half?

jimmyptubas
12-01-2011, 02:15 AM
After reading the injury report posted on another thread by a JMU fan I have to wonder what kind of legit depth they have on their d-line? Would it be safe to say IF our O-line is clicking we could where them down in the 2nd half?

It'd be safe to say that if Gimmestad and Richard are playing which I haven't heard any news of yet.

DirtyDukes
12-01-2011, 01:39 PM
You guys are so cute with your East Coast Bias insecurities. Our team is confident. We know what it takes to win. Our only 3 losses to I-AA teams this year came without our starting QB and 2 of those games were decided by 4 points total. Mickey always plays it up like that before games, and we all love him for it because it's better than the standard coach speak. Sure, sometimes he says some silly s***, but oh well.

Also, our program has a road win mentality. We play better when we're underdogs like when we were the first team to win 4 road games in 2004 including the Championship, or when we knocked off ranked Va Tech last year.

Having said that, I don't think the team is overlooking or underestimating you guys. You're the #2 seed for a reason, because you earned it. You guys always say we talk down on the MVFC on our boards, but I honestly have never heard anything but respect for it, especially in recent years. Now, the OVC, MEAC, sure, but not the MVFC.

I'm expecting a close game for the ages that both teams will come out of with a mutual respect for the other.

Is it Saturday yet?

NorthernBison
12-01-2011, 01:44 PM
We had that road mentality last season. Nobody thought we would go out to Bozeman and win convincingly. This game is scary because JMU cannot be overlooked and we have not always played so well when we are the favorite.

JMU_71
12-01-2011, 07:32 PM
We had that road mentality last season. Nobody thought we would go out to Bozeman and win convincingly. This game is scary because JMU cannot be overlooked and we have not always played so well when we are the favorite.

Well, it worked pretty well for y'all this year. Last time I checked, NDSU was 10-1. I hope we make it 10-2 after this weekend, but I hold no delusions of granduer.

The CAA as a conference was down in that the usual heavy hitters did not post good records this year. Frankly, Bill & Gary, Poormond, and Villanova were just not good. Poormond went 0-8 in the CAA, but still managed to beat Duke. I now, it's Duke, but it's Minnesota too. Delaware I cannot explain other than to say they just sh!tt-the-bed this year. They continue to screw themselves by scheduling the same D-2 school and a I-A every year. Top to bottom, the conference was good to average.

Like DirtyDukes said, I don't recall anyone on our boards saying anything disparaging toward the MVFC. I've only seen 2 schools from the conference ever play, Northern Iowa and Youngstown, but neither one this year. I don't know how good the CAA is compared to the other conferences until I look at the results of the playoffs. But, if recent history is any indication, we have won 4 of the last 8 Nat'l Championships with 4 different teams and competed in 3 of the remaining 4 Nat'l Championships. If that's not SEC-esque, I don't know what is.

Vitojr130
12-01-2011, 07:45 PM
You guys are so cute with your East Coast Bias insecurities. Our team is confident. We know what it takes to win. Our only 3 losses to I-AA teams this year came without our starting QB and 2 of those games were decided by 4 points total. Mickey always plays it up like that before games, and we all love him for it because it's better than the standard coach speak. Sure, sometimes he says some silly s***, but oh well.

Also, our program has a road win mentality. We play better when we're underdogs like when we were the first team to win 4 road games in 2004 including the Championship, or when we knocked off ranked Va Tech last year.

Having said that, I don't think the team is overlooking or underestimating you guys. You're the #2 seed for a reason, because you earned it. You guys always say we talk down on the MVFC on our boards, but I honestly have never heard anything but respect for it, especially in recent years. Now, the OVC, MEAC, sure, but not the MVFC.

I'm expecting a close game for the ages that both teams will come out of with a mutual respect for the other.

Is it Saturday yet?

And how did that work for you when your team made the playoffs last year..

Oh wait...

Vitojr130
12-01-2011, 07:46 PM
It'd be safe to say that if Gimmestad and Richard are playing which I haven't heard any news of yet.

I believe they are...

DirtyDukes
12-01-2011, 08:16 PM
And how did that work for you when your team made the playoffs last year..

Oh wait...

Relevance?

Obviously we were disappointed we didn't make the playoffs, but to be honest I'd trade 3 years of making the playoffs for the VA Tech win. They're 2 hours away, dominate coverage across the state, and their fans think they're NC contenders every year. Is there a team like that for you guys?

BlueBisonRock
12-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Relevance?

Obviously we were disappointed we didn't make the playoffs, but to be honest I'd trade 3 years of making the playoffs for the VA Tech win. They're 2 hours away, dominate coverage across the state, and their fans think they're NC contenders every year. Is there a team like that for you guys?

Just the Who. They ain't worth a damn in FB (8-3 with a DII, no scholly, Great West schedule), but they have hockey.

DirtyDukes
12-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Just the Who. They ain't worth a damn in FB (8-3 with a DII, no scholly, Great West schedule), but they have hockey.

Sorry, which school is that?

bisonaudit
12-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Relevance?

Well on the arogant dilusional fan base front UND would qualify.

JMU folks, please understand that we'll stop at nothing to make a joke at UNDs expense. Anything that references them in any context is all about them and not about anyone or anything else. We know who VA Tech is and we know who you are and we understand the quality and pride in that win, in their house, but it's simply not relelvant when a UND joke is in the offing.

BlueBisonRock
12-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Sorry, which school is that?

There is this community college about 75 miles down river (North to those who are isolated from ND). For years, they have called themselves a University representing North Dakota (and periodically are confused with the University of Notre Dame). They had a mascot that rivaled the MN Gophers, but changed that mascot to one that was deemed by the NCAA to be hostile. Despite the best efforts of the ND legislature, this mascot is no longer in use, thus the current monkier of Who.

The entertainment value of observing the activity over this nickname from this obscure community college has significantly increased the value of popcorn futures and those in the know are projecting the entertainment will continue for at least another three years.

Thus you should check the map and look for a community college lacking in a mascot (and other attributes) that hails: "Butthockey!"

DirtyDukes
12-01-2011, 08:39 PM
There is this community college about 75 miles down river (North to those who are isolated from ND). For years, they have called themselves a University representing North Dakota (and periodically are confused with the University of Notre Dame). They had a mascot that rivaled the MN Gophers, but changed that mascot to one that was deemed by the NCAA to be hostile. Despite the best efforts of the ND legislature, this mascot is no longer in use, thus the current monkier of Who.

The entertainment value of observing the activity over this nickname from this obscure community college has significantly increased the value of popcorn futures and those in the know are projecting the entertainment will continue for at least another three years.

Thus you should check the map and look for a community college lacking in a mascot (and other attributes) that hails: "Butthockey!"

Ah, I'm on board now. We also have a rival college that thinks they're the tits. Granted it's William and Mary and they are very prestigious but they changed their mascot from an Indian to a Griffin and said that a group of Griffins is a tribe.

PaBizon
12-02-2011, 01:19 AM

The entertainment value of observing the activity over this nickname from this obscure community college has significantly increased the value of popcorn futures and those in
the know are projecting the entertainment will continue for at least another three years.

Now thats funny.... I don't care WHO you are thats funny right there