PDA

View Full Version : Sioux Falls copies Bison Intro

SDbison
11-24-2011, 12:08 AM
So I am at the Sioux falls stampede versus fargo force hockey game at Sioux falls arena that finally got video boards. They do an intro that is so similar to Bison football with thunderstruck playing. How original.

CaBisonFan
11-24-2011, 01:35 AM
So I am at the Sioux falls stampede versus fargo force hockey game at Sioux falls arena that finally got video boards. They do an intro that is so similar to Bison football with thunderstruck playing. How original.

Might be an interesting bit of info for the folks who developed it.

4mcruenomore
11-24-2011, 01:51 AM
The intro part isn't what's disturbing about this thread, the fact that you are at a hockey game.....

HerdBot
11-24-2011, 01:54 AM
So I am at the Sioux falls stampede versus fargo force hockey game at Sioux falls arena that finally got video boards. They do an intro that is so similar to Bison football with thunderstruck playing.

Major upgrade over their old intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvdyu0bYOL8

CaBisonFan
11-24-2011, 01:56 AM
Major upgrade over their old intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvdyu0bYOL8

Are you telling me that Wham copied Sioux Falls?

HerdBot
11-24-2011, 02:00 AM
Are you telling me that Wham copied Sioux Falls?
its a joint effort. They stole the music but wham stole the gay dance moves.

CaBisonFan
11-24-2011, 02:01 AM
its a joint effort. They stole the music but wham stole the gay dance moves.

Thanks for the clarification.

mango
11-24-2011, 02:05 AM

Not to be a dick, but how many people have used Thunderstruck and a herd of animals running across the state to the arena they play in? The Bison intro, while pretty neat, isn't original.

HerdBot
11-24-2011, 02:10 AM
Not to be a dick, but how many people have used Thunderstruck and a herd of animals running across the state to the arena they play in? The Bison intro, while pretty neat, isn't original.

I think its the video concept hes referring to. Picture the Bison intro with wham. Still a rip off.

SDbison
11-24-2011, 02:13 AM
The intro part isn't what's disturbing about this thread, the fact that you are at a hockey game..... 4m.......put some skates on...........bet I kick ur ass in less than a minute. Hockey is a great sport much as u UND haters can't tolerate it.?

4mcruenomore
11-24-2011, 02:19 AM
4m.......put some skates on...........bet I kick ur ass in less than a minute. Hockey is a great sport much as u UND haters can't tolerate it.?

Trust me, if I put skates on, I will kick my own ass. I can't skate and yes I hate UND, doesn't make me a bad person, does it?

HerdBot
11-24-2011, 02:20 AM
4m.......put some skates on...........bet I kick ur ass in less than a minute. Hockey is a great sport much as u UND haters can't tolerate it.?I like hockey AND hate the Sioux . I get much joy rooting for whoever they are playing. Go Bemidji!!

tjbison
11-24-2011, 02:25 AM
Trust me, if I put skates on, I will kick my own ass. I can't skate and yes I hate UND and hockey, doesn't make me a bad person, does it?

Fixed^^^:fight:

Wally
11-24-2011, 02:27 AM
:hungry:I like hockey AND hate the Sioux . I get much joy rooting for whoever they are playing. Go Bemidji!!

I hear that.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVSkEMePLlsY1IYgLyTdICf9qMvdA8E OQLf_ZSWcg09XfovcNkBw

4mcruenomore
11-24-2011, 02:32 AM
:hungry:I like hockey AND hate the Sioux . I get much joy rooting for whoever they are playing. Go Bemidji!!

I hear that.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVSkEMePLlsY1IYgLyTdICf9qMvdA8E OQLf_ZSWcg09XfovcNkBw

I am still pissed that guy knocked my twins hat off.

HerdBot
11-24-2011, 02:42 AM

I hear that.

that assvclown in the picture must be related to Mr Englestad. Flips off the only black player and calls him the N word. Hatred like that is taught

standingrockbison
11-24-2011, 04:06 AM
lots of hockey being played in smallville north dakota this is sarcasm.

NDSUstudent
11-24-2011, 04:13 AM

True...now if they would have copied this intro it would be something....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9cYcRotufU

jimmyptubas
11-24-2011, 08:27 AM
That is the most nonsensical intro ever...I get the bear wanting to blow up the ship named after their rivals but why does he want to destroy the earth?

SDbison
11-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Back on topic..........I don't care what mango thinks, the video at the stampede game was obviously inspired by someone who was at a Bison game and wanted to create something similar. That was my point.

tjbison
11-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Back on topic..........I don't care what mango thinks, the video at the stampede game was obviously inspired by someone who was at a Bison game and wanted to create something similar. That was my point.

Is there a link to it somewhere?

NWNDBison
11-24-2011, 03:58 PM
4m.......put some skates on...........bet I kick ur ass in less than a minute. Hockey is a great sport much as u UND haters can't tolerate it.?

^^^THIS^^^

I have no trouble being a Bison football fan and a Fighting Sioux hockey fan. If NDSU had D1 hockey it might be different. Ain't gonna happen.

My son tried football. Could have been fair. Broke his leg. Killed his dream.

Hockey worked better. Leg healed by hockey season and he had his moments.

You can dis other sports and other divisions all you want, but they all have their place.

My favorite team, BTW is Dakota College at Bottineau Lumberjacks Hockey:

NJCAA National Champions:
2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2003, 1998, 1991, 1986

NJCAA National Runners-Up:
2005, 2004, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1995, 1993, 1992, 1990, 1989, 1988, 1976

NWNDBison
11-24-2011, 04:12 PM

Imitation is the best form or flattery. We should be proud we had something worth emulating. Like Windows 8 emulating Mac OS X.

BlueBisonRock
11-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Imitation is the best form or flattery. We should be proud we had something worth emulating. Like Windows 8 emulating Mac OS X based on the Xerox Star which was built on the concepts of Doug Englebart .

Fixed by adding historical information.

56BISON73
11-24-2011, 06:47 PM

Qusetion is---did the Bison copy their intro from some other team? I know of another team that runs the same format and has been doing it for years. When did the Bison start using that intro?

unbison
11-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Qusetion is---did the Bison copy their intro from some other team? I know of another team that runs the same format and has been doing it for years. When did the Bison start using that intro?
excellent point pl................... actually a good point............i dont believe these are copyrighted

SDbison
11-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Qusetion is---did the Bison copy their intro from some other team? I know of another team that runs the same format and has been doing it for years. When did the Bison start using that intro? Your point is worthless unless you describe when and where you saw the Bison intro like video and what was in common. NDSU has been usingthat video since about 2002. Just having buffalo in it or just using thunderstruck in not enough. I know what I saw and the Sioux Falls Arena just got video screens a couple months ago. The rushing herd eventually finding there way into the arena with thunderstruck playing. Hmmmmmmm.......By the way, the herd of buffalo the Sioux Falls Stampede used were reallly fake looking with poor scaling, movement and shadowing. Tacky copy job. Case closed.

56BISON73
11-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Your point is worthless unless you describe when and where you saw the Bison intro like video and what was in common. NDSU has been usingthat video since about 2002. Just having buffalo in it or just using thunderstruck in not enough. I know what I saw and the Sioux Falls Arena just got video screens a couple months ago. The rushing herd eventually finding there way into the arena with thunderstruck playing. Hmmmmmmm.......By the way, the herd of buffalo the Sioux Falls Stampede used were reallly fake looking with poor scaling, movement and shadowing. Tacky copy job. Case closed.

Iowa uses the same format except they dont use thunderstruck and bison. They use the Black and Gold Hawkeye equipment semi truck traveling the roads of Iowa showing the different road sides and town signs. Herky is driving the truck. Then in the final moments they show the truck cab from a head on view with the mascot of the opposing team standing in the middle of the highway. Of course they then show him trying to get out of the way but to no avail. The last shot is the opposing teams mascot stuck in the grill of the semis cab. At which time the crowd goes nuts.

Ive seen this for the last 6-7 years and from what I understand it has been used before that.

56BISON73
11-24-2011, 11:13 PM
]Imitation is the best form or flattery. [/B]We should be proud we had something worth emulating. Like Windows 8 emulating Mac OS X.

Would that be like throwin up the horns thing.:biggrin: