PDA

View Full Version : Is it because of football???

TheBisonator
11-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Attendances for the first two home games:

Even though the season is early, this is a VERY talented team who's still UNDEFEATED, and no one seens to realize they're playing games. I checked the box score today and was VERY disappointed to see 2,103 in the box score for the UNO game. Are people just sick and tired of the BSA?? Are we seeing a lot of people not going to games simply because our arena gives the fan such a crappy experience?? I know that it's crazy to think there should be sellouts this early, but I remember a lot of November home games with 3,000+ in the stands during not only our tourney year, but our mediocre seasons before that and our crappy season in 09-10.

Is it maybe because these two home games were weekday games?? Do weekend home games really make that much of a difference in attendance??

I mean, COME ON PEOPLE, THIS IS A TALENTED TEAM!!! Get your ass to the BSA and see them in action!!

roadwarrior
11-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Minot State 1620
North Carolina Central 2542
Mayville State 1616
Colorado State 5134
Mayville 2257
Valley City 1392
Northern Arizona 3110
Minot State 1683
Idaho 3247
Wisc-Green Bay 2672
Dickinson 1056
Wisc-Milwaukee 3011
Mayville 1481
Valley City 1333
UND 10709
UC Davis 2355

The day of the week matters the most. Saturday always gets the biggest crowds. During the week, not so much.

herdmember
11-23-2011, 10:22 PM
I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of people at the game last night. In my opinion, the lower seats all around in the BSA, even though hard bench seats, are at least doable. Even though they are hot too, the upper seats are unbearable and in every section except D and E have some terrible site views. I echo Road's thoughts that weekday games just do not get the attendance weekend games do. Students seem to be better this year, including what appears to be lots of football players watching on any given night.

We can talk all day about things the school or the media can do, but here's what needs to happen from a grass roots effort IMO. Someone with the necessary skills needs to make a highlight video with the available highlights from the last two years and preferably keep updating it with subsequent games. Then people like us, who have been to games and realize what a great show that is put on will have some 'proof' to send to people when they say 'Are they even any good? I thought I heard they lost to MSUM this year?' (I know it was exhibition, etc, but I have heard this come back at least 5 times when I've been bragging up this team to my friends/family.)

Let's spread the word and pack the house!! Note to anyone trying a game for the first time in awhile, fill up the seats in the lower bowl. IMO the seats are way better (not as hot and better sight lines) and its louder for the players.

Anyone able to make the video?

Also, Saul mentioned this on one of his interviews partially joking, but I think he's spot on. Someone needs to make a play on the 'LA' nickname and print up some 'I Love LA' shirts/signs. Also, marketing dept should be playing a little blurb of that song when he does something good into a timeout and/or is announced in pregame. I lovvvvve LA!!....then the crowd could yell, We love him! with the song.

Ok, rant over.

Tatanka
11-23-2011, 11:20 PM
Also, Saul mentioned this on one of his interviews partially joking, but I think he's spot on. Someone needs to make a play on the 'LA' nickname and print up some 'I Love LA' shirts/signs. Also, marketing dept should be playing a little blurb of that song when he does something good into a timeout and/or is announced in pregame. I lovvvvve LA!!....then the crowd could yell, We love him! with the song.

Ok, rant over.

Great idea, but unless CAS brings his boom box to the game nobody's gonna hear it.

bisonfan08
11-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Let's not forget newspaper coverage helps. Saturday versus Fresno St, first time there was an article about the team on the front page of the sports section = first time we have had over 3,000 fans at a game. Coincidence? Maybe, but I think not.

Herd
11-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Now, i dont know about that, but i will say . . .

FOOTBALL NC equals NEW BASKETBALL ARENA dollars within 6 months.

There, I said it. No pressure FB team.

bisonfan08
11-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Now, i dont know about that, but i will say . . .

FOOTBALL NC equals NEW BASKETBALL ARENA dollars within 6 months.

There, I said it. No pressure FB team.

OOO I like it! Yeah the more exposure the University gets the better chance we have of getting that money. Not to mention does the athletic department not get cut a check for winning a NC? If so any chance that money would get pushed into the SHAC fund? This is all hypothetical and relies heavily on our FB teams post-season, but a nice thought either way.