PDA

View Full Version : Fresno State

HoopsBison
11-23-2011, 04:20 AM
Next up for the Bison will be WAC opponent Fresno State. I don't know to much about their team but this will come in with a 2-3 record. Quickly glancing at their schedule they have played two common opponents with Oral Roberts and both are 1-1 against them and very close games.

Stat wise they have been very dependent on sophomore guard Kevin Olekaibe who is scoring over 20 a game.

After that I don't know much on them???

ndsubison1
11-23-2011, 05:01 AM
last year fresno was very long and athletic. we nearly came back and won and got jobbed by the refs the whole game. i dont expect the same at home unless theyre bringing their WAC refs with. kevin foster is a 6-8 transfer from george mason for them this season. he could be a tough matchup. we do matchup better with athletic tams this season then in years past

DjKyRo
11-23-2011, 05:02 AM
The difference LA and Hale have made in defending guard positions is ridiculous. I think we'll fare much better against them with this lineup. Playing at home should help too. I can't make the game but I'll definitely be watching!

Hopeful-Bison-Baller
11-23-2011, 05:08 AM
The difference LA and Hale have made in defending guard positions is ridiculous. I think we'll fare much better against them with this lineup. Playing at home should help too. I can't make the game but I'll definitely be watching!

Dang, I was hoping we could be 2 of only like 4 students standing in the student section again. I guess Ill be one of the only students standing (if any students are actually there). I plan on coming back up on saturday to go to the game. NDSU schedules at the worst time. TOO many great CFB games on saturday that I will miss because of the NDSU game.

DjKyRo
11-23-2011, 05:15 AM
Dang, I was hoping we could be 2 of only like 4 students standing in the student section again. I guess Ill be one of the only students standing (if any students are actually there). I plan on coming back up on saturday to go to the game. NDSU schedules at the worst time. TOO many great CFB games on saturday that I will miss because of the NDSU game.

I'll stand in my parents' living room, so I'm there in spirit. I'd hit the game up but I haven't been home since Bismarck flooded and would really dig spending some time with my family. I know, going home is for freshman, etc. etc.

Hopeful-Bison-Baller
11-23-2011, 05:17 AM
I'll stand in my parents' living room, so I'm there in spirit. I'd hit the game up but I haven't been home since Bismarck flooded and would really dig spending some time with my family. I know, going home is for freshman, etc. etc.

Haha ya, I am going home too, not trying to stay in sloppy Fargo for the weekend. I wanna see my friends and fam who I have only seen once since the summer. I just plan on leaving home early saturday to get up to Fargo in time for the 2:30pm football games and then our BBall game.

ndsubison1
11-23-2011, 05:28 AM

im driving back for the game as well

roadwarrior
11-23-2011, 11:28 AM
After the Fresno State game, the team hits the road next week for 2 summit games at WIU and IUPUI.

Strommer10
11-23-2011, 01:27 PM
I will be in the student section with a couple of other guys. There might not be many, but there will be a few.

bisonfan08
11-23-2011, 01:37 PM
I would gladly join you guys standing in the student section, however apparently my 4 year old NDSU student id isn't valid for them to let me in there anymore. So instead I will just cheer loud as possible from section T where my season tickets are as usual.

IndyBison
11-23-2011, 02:18 PM
After the Fresno State game, the team hits the road next week for 2 summit games at WIU and IUPUI.
The IUPUI game should be interesting. Game starts at 6pm. The inaugural Big Ten Football Championship game starts at 8pm just a few blocks away in Lucas Oil Stadium. They should see if IUPUI will change the start time to earlier and then see if they can score tickets to the game.

CAS4127
11-23-2011, 02:59 PM
What time is the Fresno game, and would I be safe in just buying a ticket at the door if I were to go?

Yes, CAS may make an appearance at a Bison MBB game!!

Strommer10
11-23-2011, 03:03 PM
What time is the Fresno game, and would I be safe in just buying a ticket at the door if I were to go?

7pm & yes you would be safe in getting a ticket at the door.

squarepeg
11-23-2011, 03:39 PM
This is the type of game we need to win. Fresno is not very good but it's at home against a team people have actually heard of. It's a chance to get people talking before we head out on the road.

Bison03
11-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Won't be at the game. Should be coming out of a turkey coma by game time. The game is being televised on Midco Sports Net for those who have Midcontinent Cable.

Bison_since_Birth
11-23-2011, 05:35 PM
Follower of Bisonville for a few years now and thought id start a post sometime before the first playoff game this year. The game is on ESPN 3 against Frenso State. I too will be in the student section, 15 minute drive for 2 hours of Bison Bball, can't pass it up!

Bison"FANatic"
11-23-2011, 05:58 PM

Dress in layers as it gets hotter than hell in there.

CAS4127
11-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Dress in layers as it gets hotter than hell in there.

Ahhh . . . . ahem, given that, if I were not wanting to sit directly behind, very near to or among NDSU co-ed's, in what area of the BSA should I not purchase a ticket??!!:biggrin:--->:hide: if wife sees this post!!!!

Twentysix
11-23-2011, 06:48 PM
The IUPUI game should be interesting. Game starts at 6pm. The inaugural Big Ten Football Championship game starts at 8pm just a few blocks away in Lucas Oil Stadium. They should see if IUPUI will change the start time to earlier and then see if they can score tickets to the game.

If no one watches a game happen, does it matter when it is played?

Twentysix
11-23-2011, 06:49 PM
I will probably be at the game. But if my girlfriend wants to spend time with her parents I understand and will watch it on a pc.

roadwarrior
11-23-2011, 08:16 PM
This game is being televised on Midco Sports.

Gully
11-23-2011, 09:17 PM
I will probably be at the game. But if my girlfriend wants to spend time with her parents I understand and will watch it on a pc.

That's the second unmanly thing you've done today.

56BISON73
11-23-2011, 09:19 PM

Are you two joined at the hip?

BisBison
11-23-2011, 09:47 PM
It's watching on Midco Sports Net for me. Cool to have Bison games on TV for a change!:biggrin:

MN_BISON
11-23-2011, 10:00 PM

Next time just stop after the first sentence and leave it at that 26er. :facepalm:

Twentysix
11-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Are you two joined at the hip?

When my parents died in july my perspectives changed a little bit.

tjbison
11-25-2011, 03:19 PM
When my parents died in july my perspectives changed a little bit.

Do what you gotta do, you being there will not affact the outcome either way, there are many things more important than a Basketball game

unbison
11-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Do what you gotta do, you being there will not affact the outcome either way, there are many things more important than a Basketball game
it is the holiday season family is so far ahead of a bison game...............but that pl comment was classic pl but just ask him he never says anything rude to others

56BISON73
11-25-2011, 03:56 PM
it is the holiday season family is so far ahead of a bison game...............but that pl comment was classic pl but just ask him he never says anything rude to others

If you think its rude be my guest. I myself would have just laughed it off as it was a pretty innocuous comment. Except to you of course.:facepalm2:

standingrockbison
11-25-2011, 04:09 PM
thank you midco so we can watch it out here. Yes 26, in death the spirits follow you, they will always be with you.

Bison_since_Birth
11-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Olekaibe of Fresno State takes 33% of the shots for the Bulldogs and has scored close to a 1/3 of there points. He plays the most minutes (34) and takes the most shots per game (17.6) compared to second in FGA (8.4, Foster). One man show for a bad shooting percentage team. Bison must beat a "face recognition" squad at home. 11 asst to 15 To a game !, for the bulldogs, they ain't playing stella compitition and only scoring 66 a game on 38% shooting overall. Let's go Bison!

Bison_since_Birth
11-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Interesting tibit to chew on. The last two oppoenent of Fresno state, Manhattan and UTSA, which beat Fresno State, combined starting backcourts gave away 5 total turnovers to the bulldogs. Shepp and Olekaibe are neutral to forcing turnovers, whereas they are suseptable to coughing up the rock more time than not (asst). I thought i'd give a little insight to the raisin capital of the world (Fresno, Ca), raise heck Bison.

standingrockbison
11-25-2011, 10:06 PM
good stuff there bison since birth, it should be a fun game to watch on midco

Twentysix
11-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Im not to worried about what PL said lol.

Hopefully we can keep the undefeated thing going.