PDA

View Full Version : A question regarding Tailgating

jimmyptubas
11-22-2011, 10:12 PM
I like to tailgate, but many Saturday's I'm working and can not tailgate. Plus, I am not in a situation where I can afford tents, flags, heated trailers, etc. My question to all of you here and especially the seasoned TOHBTC veterans is about logistics. I was given a turkey fryer for my birthday and haven't had a chance to use it. I'd like to bring it out for the game on December 3rd. Firstly, are they even allowed in the lots. 2nd, without any real tailgating equipment except a table and a van, would it be worth it? Just hoping to make this the best tailgating outing I've ever had so any information would be helpful. Thanks!

Tatanka
11-22-2011, 10:39 PM
I like to tailgate, but many Saturday's I'm working and can not tailgate. Plus, I am not in a situation where I can afford tents, flags, heated trailers, etc. My question to all of you here and especially the seasoned TOHBTC veterans is about logistics. I was given a turkey fryer for my birthday and haven't had a chance to use it. I'd like to bring it out for the game on December 3rd. Firstly, are they even allowed in the lots. 2nd, without any real tailgating equipment except a table and a van, would it be worth it? Just hoping to make this the best tailgating outing I've ever had so any information would be helpful. Thanks!

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/16696/1431467-matt_foley_in_a_van_down_by_the_river_super.jpg

If you plan on using said turkey fryer with oil to fry a turkey, then don't--it is disallowed. However, if you're using it for, oh, say, shrimp/crab boil, then you should be good to go.

You could always park said van, and come and join up with TOHBTC to talk some football and tailgate. Bring stuff to share and you're good to go.

Notorious
11-22-2011, 11:17 PM
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/16696/1431467-matt_foley_in_a_van_down_by_the_river_super.jpg

If you plan on using said turkey fryer with oil to fry a turkey, then don't--it is disallowed. However, if you're using it for, oh, say, shrimp/crab boil, then you should be good to go.

You could always park said van, and come and join up with TOHBTC to talk some football and tailgate. Bring stuff to share and you're good to go.

Don't do it....don't.....

56BISON73
11-22-2011, 11:37 PM

Just come on over and join us. There will be plenty of food. Turkey fryer is a noooo go.

tony
11-23-2011, 12:03 AM

All you need is food, drink, and good company - everything else is optional (except pants - you need to wear pants*.)

* This isn't directed at anybody in particular, bisonmike2.

17>1
11-23-2011, 12:29 AM
Ok, so I've been around these parts for awhile now and am pretty up to speed on B'ville lingo and such. Well aware of who "PL" is and his famous sausage. I understand the "purple font" and when to use it, although I have yet to do so. Have recently brushed up on acronyms in the forum world so I know what "FIFY", "IMHO", "FFD" and of course the usual "LMAO" and the rest of the various ways one can describe laughing. But for the life of me, I can't seem to figure out what "TOHBTC" means. Please, let me in on this as I usually see it and then spend the next 5 or so minutes trying a multitude of word combinations to figure it out, and fail.

Notorious
11-23-2011, 12:31 AM
Ok, so I've been around these parts for awhile now and am pretty up to speed on B'ville lingo and such. Well aware of who "PL" is and his famous sausage. I understand the "purple font" and when to use it, although I have yet to do so. Have recently brushed up on acronyms in the forum world so I know what "FIFY", "IMHO", "FFD" and of course the usual "LMAO" and the rest of the various ways one can describe laughing. But for the life of me, I can't seem to figure out what "TOHBTC" means. Please, let me in on this as I usually see it and then spend the next 5 or so minutes trying a multitude of word combinations to figure it out, and fail.

The Only Homo Boys Tailgating Club

GRAFTONBISON
11-23-2011, 12:44 AM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

SamsRams
11-23-2011, 12:46 AM

not that there is anything wrong with that

Tatanka
11-23-2011, 12:47 AM

:rofl: Nice.

CAS4127
11-23-2011, 12:50 AM
Meh, I am a member and don't know!!

Notorious
11-23-2011, 12:51 AM
I am not a member, but am planning to attend RUSH week with 4mcrue.....??

BisonCountry
11-23-2011, 12:53 AM
I am not a member, but am planning to attend RUSH week with 4mcrue.....??
Be careful when they teach you the "secret handshake"....might not be what you expect.

4mcruenomore
11-23-2011, 01:01 AM
It will cost you about $90 to find out, just don't drop the soap.

CAS4127
11-23-2011, 01:03 AM
It will cost you about $90 to find out, just don't drop the soap.

82.50 with soap-->think about it!!

jimmyptubas
11-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Say, i'd love to join you guys...tell me what should can I do to park next to you guys? You all have a reserved parking spot so my best bet is to walk up right?

Bisonfan1
11-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Meh, I am a member and don't know!!

I dont know either, im still in initiation stage with President Tranny having to wear Elvis glasses and sideburns, wonder what he has in store for you? Rumor has it you may have to dress up as Answear Guy ?

4mcruenomore
11-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Say, i'd love to join you guys...tell me what should can I do to park next to you guys? You all have a reserved parking spot so my best bet is to walk up right?

Look for the Frisco Cruiser in the rainforest, go from there. I can be easily identified.

go_bison
11-23-2011, 01:35 PM
We did a shimp boil last tailgate with the turkey fryer, turned out great. Perfect for tailgating and feeding alot of people.

1bizon1
11-23-2011, 02:33 PM
One of our group deep fries fish and have shared with FFD Security and FPD. Nothing has been said except thanks for the fish. Just do not dump the oil on the ground.

MNLonghorn10
11-23-2011, 02:46 PM
Look for the Frisco Cruiser in the rainforest, go from there. I can be easily identified.
Cant park there because fd wanted to test it for next year.

Ppl parked there anyways. We lose to ysu because of it..who knows where we'll be

jimmyptubas
11-23-2011, 03:58 PM
I'd make my habanero chili if there was a way to re heat it on site.

TransAmBison
11-23-2011, 04:09 PM
I'd make my habanero chili if there was a way to re heat it on site.There will be a way.

CAS4127
11-23-2011, 04:17 PM

Ahhhhh, turkey fryers can be used for more than just fryin' turkeys. For example, they can be used to boil things, and, yes, cook or re-heat things. You just don't put the innards in the kettle, and DON'T ADD OIL--just put the chili in the kettle and re-heat. If you don't want to use such a large kettle, bring a smaller one and just put that on the turkey fryer burner.

These things are like swiss knives my man!!!! Multi-functional (unlike Tranny's brain)!!

Answer Guy
11-23-2011, 04:37 PM
I dont know either, im still in initiation stage with President Tranny having to wear Elvis glasses and sideburns, wonder what he has in store for you? Rumor has it you may have to dress up as Answear Guy ?

If I'm following...Tranny is in charge of unspecified initiation...and your response was "Sign me up"? :facepalm:

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/NDACAnswerGuy/Tranny-3.jpg

IzzyFlexion
11-24-2011, 01:43 PM

Must......have.......hot.........Chili
http://theovercusser.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/homer-hot.png

jimmyptubas
11-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Hot chili will not be coming to this tailgate sadly.....there are scheduling snafus with preparation time. It might show up at the next tailgate however!

tjamz
11-26-2011, 05:44 PM
I will be bringing a fairly large crock of chili for anyone that wants to stop by the Frisco Cruiser.... The question is how spicy should I make it?

Wally
11-26-2011, 05:47 PM
I will be bringing a fairly large crock of chili for anyone that wants to stop by the Frisco Cruiser.... The question is how spicy should I make it?

http://twitter.com/#!/NotTimBrewster/status/114881790711312384

56BISON73
11-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Etoufee with shrimp, crawfish and andouille sausage will be served at TOHBTC. I am making a double batch so please stop on by and try some.:hungry:

4mcrue since its a playoff game we have a special price just for you--- it only 75.00 a bowl as opposed to the 90.00 we usually charge.:rofl:

daddy daycare
11-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Where's a guy pick up one of those pop up tents with the walls that are seen throughout the lot?

bri-dog
11-26-2011, 06:23 PM
Where's a guy pick up one of those pop up tents with the walls that are seen throughout the lot?

Scheels, if they have them in stock...

Bisonguy
11-26-2011, 06:26 PM
Sam's Club used to have the real EZ-Ups for a pretty good price as well. They weren't the NDSU ones, but better quality than what Scheel's carried and a lot cheaper.

jimmyptubas
11-26-2011, 09:57 PM
Do you people like knoephla soup? I could bring a large quantity to share with those at or around TOHBTC's spot.

DjKyRo
11-26-2011, 11:17 PM
Do you people like knoephla soup? I could bring a large quantity to share with those at or around TOHBTC's spot.

Sweet Jesus yes.

HerdBot
11-27-2011, 03:05 AM

the old hairy balls trimming company. Get yer sack waxed and some sausage

tjamz
12-02-2011, 03:20 PM

http://twitter.com/#!/NotTimBrewster/status/114881790711312384

Alright, my wife made a double batch of her award winning chili (well, she has won her office chili cook off 5 of the last 6 years anyway) last night and we added spices until it got to the point of altering the flavor of the chili and decided to stop there. She makes a damn good chili so I decided to err on the side of good flavor rather than super hot.

I will also be bringing some crackers, cheese, bowls and spoons.

Stop by and say hi (Frisco Cruiser), I haven't met a lot of you (yet) as this is my first year as a tailgater, but I've been a fan as long as I can remember.

BisonFan02
12-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Currently listed as probable for Saturday's tailgate with tailgate toe...the pavement surface may aggrevate the injury, so I might stick with the west lot turf... :D

BlueBisonRock
12-03-2011, 04:22 AM
Currently listed as probable for Saturday's tailgate with tailgate toe...the pavement surface may aggrevate the injury, so I might stick with the west lot turf... :D

I suggest you nut up and take one for the team. Pavement is where the real action takes place.

unbison
12-03-2011, 12:25 PM
I suggest you nut up and take one for the team. Pavement is where the real action takes place.
I know you know better then this blue..........adventure and excitement is always in the road less traveled.... so it obviously cannot be on pavement

IzzyFlexion
12-03-2011, 12:29 PM
--says the bisonville ladies' man with skinned up knees.

BlueBisonRock
12-03-2011, 03:44 PM
I know you know better then this blue..........adventure and excitement is always in the road less traveled.... so it obviously cannot be on pavement

Ahhh yes there Un. Some like to hide in the trees or stay in the grass until the game starts. Some just walk through the grass on their way to the action. The Izz is on the pavement and we are finding a lot of folks who want to hang with the Izz. Stop by and say Hi!