PDA

View Full Version : playoff game on TV in ND?

Montana Bison
11-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Read this in the missoula paper

http://missoulian.com/college/griz/espn-deal-takes-griz-off-tv/article_92395a16-140e-11e1-8d30-001cc4c002e0.html

says ESPN is going to show the 1st and 2nd rounds on ESPN 3

bisonmike2
11-21-2011, 09:08 PM
gotta suck for the Montana fans. I think they all pretty much expect ever game of theirs to be on TV (and from what I remember they do them in HD!). I'm stoked that our game is being covered by ESPN3. No more gobison.com football games this year!

Tatanka
11-21-2011, 09:17 PM
gotta suck for the Montana fans. I think they all pretty much expect ever game of theirs to be on TV (and from what I remember they do them in HD!). I'm stoked that our game is being covered by ESPN3. No more gobison.com football games this year!

No more Dan "undwanggargler" Hammer!!! No more Lee Timmerman!

EmeraldCityBison
11-21-2011, 09:36 PM
According to the bracket on the NCAA webpage, all quarterfinal games could be on ESPN or ESPN2. Semifinal games will be on ESPN2 or ESPNU. ESPN3 will cover all games.

http://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/files/football_fcs_2011.pdf

NDSUstudent
11-21-2011, 09:44 PM
Last year our playoff games were on ESPN3 plus NBC ND and the Big Sky games were on Altitude Sports. Not sure why things would change this year.....

roadwarrior
11-21-2011, 09:47 PM
Also ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU could pick up one or more of the second round games.

Hammerhead
11-22-2011, 12:22 AM
According to the espn web site, JMU vs EKU will be on ESPNU.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-22-2011, 12:23 AM
Last year our playoff games were on ESPN3 plus NBC ND and the Big Sky games were on Altitude Sports. Not sure why things would change this year.....

I'm sure if the games are covered by the internet only, ESPN will let the local's pick up the feed.

Bisonguy
11-22-2011, 12:25 AM
I'm sure if the games are covered by the internet only, ESPN will let the local's pick up the feed.

No, Hammer reported on the 6:00 KVLY news that ESPN would not allow them to broadcast the game, even though they made an offer.

WYOBISONMAN
11-22-2011, 12:27 AM
Last year the NCAA also had all feeds available on their web site.

Wally
11-22-2011, 12:28 AM
No, Hammer reported on the 6:00 KVLY news that ESPN would not allow them to broadcast the game, even though they made an offer.

Figured that. ESPN could possibly make it part of ESPN gameplan.

A1pigskin
11-22-2011, 12:35 AM
Espn3.....................

standingrockbison
11-22-2011, 05:29 AM
this game should be shown on statewide tv, their offer must have been low, couldnt ndsu pitch in that offer?

RadBison
11-22-2011, 05:58 AM
this game should be shown on statewide tv, their offer must have been low, couldnt ndsu pitch in that offer?

Read the article in the first post, its not just an NDSU issue but a Montana one as well. My guess is ESPN wants to push more and more people to "demand" their ISP's pick up ESPN3, similar to how people start to melt down when the Fox Sports fell off a few cable systems in the past year and started to demand their providers do whatever it takes to settle.

Once again, thank you NC$$.

CaBisonFan
11-22-2011, 06:07 AM
No more Dan "undwanggargler" Hammer!!! No more Lee Timmerman!

I'm with you. They sound like a 1965 broadcast from a little station in GF.

TransAmBison
11-22-2011, 12:11 PM
No, Hammer reported on the 6:00 KVLY news that ESPN would not allow them to broadcast the game, even though they made an offer.What were you doing watching Hammer?

Bisonguy
11-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Read the article in the first post, its not just an NDSU issue but a Montana one as well. My guess is ESPN wants to push more and more people to "demand" their ISP's pick up ESPN3, similar to how people start to melt down when the Fox Sports fell off a few cable systems in the past year and started to demand their providers do whatever it takes to settle.

Once again, thank you NC$$.

I doubt the NCAA is the one to blame. They had all the playoff games on their website last year for free.

HerdBot
11-22-2011, 01:42 PM
I doubt the NCAA is the one to blame. They had all the playoff games on their website last year for free.

esp is to blame. That sucks pretty bad to buy the right to all the playoff games and not sell them to local channels. Esp 3 isn't available anywhere. Although I wouldn't put it past Hoak media to make a lowball offer and spin it like esp is the bad guys. That company is a piece of dog ship. Hey at least we know it will sell out.

RadBison
11-22-2011, 10:09 PM

I appologize but the NCAA is mostly to blame with some of it being ESPN as well. The NCAA sold the rights to the highest (only?) bidder, pocketed the money and doesn't care who actually gets to see the games. They could have certainly put a clause into the agreement stating that any games not being broadcast on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, etc had to be made available to the local stations. This is 100% about ESPN being able to get people to call their ISP's and demand ESPN3.