PDA

View Full Version : Playoff analysis

TheBisonator
11-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Here's what it looks like assuming Sam Houston continues beating Texas State:

NDSU: 10 DI wins, one of them an FBS (BCS) win, played no sub-DI teams, loss to unranked Youngstown State
SHSU: 11 DI wins, one of them an FBS (non-BCS), played no sub-DI teams, did not lose a game, (Played a weak Southland schedule)
MSU: 8 DI wins, no FBS wins, two losses, to Utah (BCS-FBS) and top-10 Montana. Played an NAIA/DII team in Minot State, beat them
GSU: 8 DI wins, no FBS wins, two losses, to Alabama (#3 in FBS) and top-25 Appalachian State. Played a DII team in Tusculum, beat them
UNI: 9 DI wins, no FBS wins, two losses, to #5 NDSU and Iowa State (BCS-FBS). Played no sub-DI teams
Montana: 8 DI wins, no FBS wins, two losses, to Tennessee (BCS-FBS) and Sacramento State. Played a DII team in Western Oregon, beat them
Towson: 9 DI wins, no FBS wins, two losses, to Maryland (BCS-FBS) and Delaware. Played no sub-DI teams

Here's how I would do it:

1) SHSU
2) NDSU
3) UNI
4) GSU
5) Montana

NDSUstudent
11-19-2011, 09:13 PM
MSU will not be seeded, they've beaten nobody.....Towson has a very strong case to be seeded as well...

BisoninNWMN
11-19-2011, 09:14 PM
I don't think UNI will be above GSU...but you never know.

TheBisonator
11-19-2011, 09:15 PM
MSU will not be seeded, they've beaten nobody.....Towson has a very strong case to be seeded as well...

I updated it, I have the Griz as #5

DjKyRo
11-19-2011, 09:23 PM
You guys lost at home to an unranked team who then lost today to a team that now has two, yes 2, wins on the season. :rofl::rofl::rofl: It would be embarrasing to our division if you guys get a top 5 seed.

Hey, higher seed than UNI.

bisonsupporter
11-19-2011, 09:25 PM
I think they will give the top 5 seeds to teams who won their conference and earned the auto bid.

#1 SHSU
2 NDSU
3 Ga Southern
4 Montana
5 Towson

with
6 Montana St
7 UNI

Maybe getting consideration

BisoninNWMN
11-19-2011, 09:26 PM
You guys lost at home to an unranked team who then lost today to a team that now has two, yes 2, wins on the season. :rofl::rofl::rofl: It would be embarrasing to our division if you guys get a top 5 seed.

STFU you jack*ss!!

TheBisonator
11-19-2011, 09:26 PM
UNI with a healthy Renie bitch stomps you all over your cattle barn.......

27-19........

MNLonghorn10
11-19-2011, 09:28 PM
renie is horrible.

Strommer10
11-19-2011, 09:30 PM
MSU had the same excuse last year. Maybe UNI needs a qb that can take a hit...

ndsubison1
11-19-2011, 09:30 PM

your posts are getting old. whatever makes you feel good in your screwed up head

ndsubison1
11-19-2011, 09:31 PM

but he didnt.

btw we will likely have the 2 seed. uni wont. lol

Tatanka
11-19-2011, 09:31 PM

You guys lost to a team that lost at home to an unranked team who then lost today to a team that now has two, yes 2, wins on the season. :rofl::rofl::rofl: It would be embarrasing to our division if you guys get a top 5 seed.

Summary: lick my taint, troll.

HoopsBison
11-19-2011, 09:32 PM
just ignore the idiot and he will quit posting... every time you acknowledge his posts the more he will carry on.

pwbnd
11-19-2011, 09:34 PM
just ignore the idiot and he will quit posting... every time you acknowledge his posts the more he will carry on.

This ^^^^^^

semobison
11-19-2011, 09:36 PM

Ride on! Why some of our BV faithful respond to these guys is beyond me!

Da_Bison
11-19-2011, 09:38 PM

refresh our memories again how you did against Youngstown?

CAS4127
11-19-2011, 09:39 PM
Here is the deal--whether simple or obvious. We can beat anyone that is in the PO's or lose to anyone in the PO's. We r not dominating, but good enough to run the table.

Game on basically, or, should I say, AGS! There are no favorites!

bisonmonster
11-19-2011, 09:42 PM
A good two weeks of rest.
Playoffs, here we come.

Da_Bison
11-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Here is the deal--whether simple or obvious. We can beat anyone that is in the PO's or lose to anyone in the PO's. We r not dominating, but good enough to run the table.

Game on basically, or, should I say, AGS! There are no favorites!

you got it, as UNI can attest to from last year

bisonmike2
11-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Embarassing like losing to us 27-19 or losing to Lehigh at home, opening round of the playoffs embarrassing?

Bison bison
11-19-2011, 09:44 PM
hope you enjoyed your rub,bisonmonster

CAS4127
11-19-2011, 09:45 PM
我了个擦,又是你个二货,玩蛋去

Thanks for the support from China--didnt know support for USA FCS was that widespread!!

FUCKTARD!!

Bison bison
野牛将赢

bisonmonster
I will take a 2 seed, it's the same effect as 1 seed.

Strommer10
11-19-2011, 09:48 PM
AQ:
NDSU
SHSU
Towson
Montana
Liberty/SB
Norfolk St.
Albany/Dequesne
Lehigh
GSU
TTU/EKU/Jax St.

Locks:
MSU
UNI
Maine
ODU
UNH
Wofford
App St.

Bubble:
ISUr
JMU
UCA

That's 20 teams, but I am probably missing a team or two.

WRSDBison
11-19-2011, 10:00 PM

Aren't you a bit old to still be sucking on your moms tit?

ndsubison1
11-19-2011, 10:18 PM
keep in mind SFA was #2 in the polls last year and wasnt seeded. they however did have 2 losses, while shsu has none right now. not sure how much they will take into account MVC v. Southland when seeding us. Is a 10-1 NDSU with a stronger schedule > 11-0 SHSU? Both of us have FBS wins and ours is better.

NDSU 10-1
Quality wins: Minnesota, UNI, Indiana St., Illinois St.
Loss: Youngstown St.
Bad losses: None
FBS: W 37-24- Minnesota
OOC: W-St. Francis (2-9), W- Lafayette (4-7), W-Minnesota (2-9)

SHSU 10-0
Quality wins: Central Arkansas, New Mexico
Loss: None
Bad Losses: None
FBS: W 48-45- New Mexico
OOC: W- Western Illinois (2-9), W- New Mexico (1-10), W- UTSA (4-6), pending- Texas State (6-5)

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
11-19-2011, 10:57 PM

27-19 a hole

HerdBot
11-19-2011, 11:11 PM
I think they will give the top 5 seeds to teams who won their conference and earned the auto bid.

#1 SHSU
2 NDSU
3 Ga Southern
4 Montana
5 Towson

with
6 Montana St
7 UNI

Maybe getting consideration
That gets my vote. Leheigh possibility in the mix

90 BISON
11-19-2011, 11:12 PM
I hope it is only a two horse race I agree with you that our win is better and our conference. As long as we get a 1 or 2 seed I will be happy. I think that SHSU and us are the best two football teams in FCS but who knows what the selection committee will do.

HerdBot
11-19-2011, 11:18 PM

UNI needed a 4th and 1 to beat them at home the week before

56BISON73
11-19-2011, 11:18 PM

With that thought process it would be even more embarrassing for UNI to make the playoffs since we kicked your ass.

HandoEX
11-19-2011, 11:20 PM
No worries about GSU? They have one loss to a good FCS team and scored more points than any Alabama opponent all freakin season. I am scared they will be a top two seed. I think we get the nod, but wouldn't be shocked if they jumped us.

semobison
11-19-2011, 11:27 PM
I think we could be anywhere from a 1 to a 4 seed! Tomorrow should be interesting!

56BISON73
11-19-2011, 11:37 PM

Making excuses. :rofl:

DjKyRo
11-19-2011, 11:45 PM
Sure you will, Tonto.........idiot.......

How does that claim make someone an idiot? NDSU - win over a Big Ten team; UNI does not have that. NDSU - 10 D-I wins; UNI does not have that. NDSU - head-to-head win; UNI does not have that.

Where, in the midst of that, is a claim that NDSU will be a higher seed than UNI idiotic? Or is it simple emotion you're playing off of and you and your fanbase are still pissed off that Rennie in fact did not beat NDSU in the cattle barn?

CAS4127
11-19-2011, 11:47 PM

I know it sucks but, ya, NDSU has arrived--your worst nightmare just came true. UNI has met there match and lost. Do the math. We have everything u dream of going on, but guess what? It's real in Fargo!!

This is not Kansas any more, Toto!!

FUCKTARD POS!!

IzzyFlexion
11-19-2011, 11:57 PM
How does that claim make someone an idiot? NDSU - win over a Big Ten team; UNI does not have that. NDSU - 10 D-I wins; UNI does not have that. NDSU - head-to-head win; UNI does not have that.

Where, in the midst of that, is a claim that NDSU will be a higher seed than UNI idiotic? Or is it simple emotion you're playing off of and you and your fanbase are still pissed off that Rennie in fact did not beat NDSU in the cattle barn?

Dj for the win!

Tatanka
11-19-2011, 11:58 PM
We will learn tomorrow morning exactly what the powers that be in FCS put into practice regarding the playing of lower-division teams. If GSU, MSU, and Montana get higher seeds than teams with equivalent records that played an all D-I schedule (i.e. without the Western Oregons, Minot States, and Tusculums on the schedule) then we'll know that the "all D-I schedule" doesn't really matter and is all puffery on the part of FCS leadership. And if that happens, I'll be extremely, EXTREMELY disappointed.

My top 5 in order:

SHSU (assuming a win @Texas State)
NDSU
UNI
GSU
Montana

BisonFan02
11-20-2011, 12:04 AM
Uh....we beat them?

Uh.......we beat you? Do you guys have spots to paint CO-champions somewhere?

North Side
11-20-2011, 12:05 AM
We should be a #2 or #3 seed easy!

Tatanka
11-20-2011, 12:05 AM
No I won't.

You won't carry on? I'll miss you, little troll. Sorry to see you go.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
11-20-2011, 12:12 AM
UNI hasn't lost to an unranked team at home that just lost to a team wit h2 wins. As a matter of fact we lost to a team that just beat the #2 FBS team. Why is that hard for you to figure out? If it were based on wins only why have a poll? You will not be seeded higher than UNI.

But... BUT... you lost to us.. so we have the upper hand in that, we won our FBS game, so yes we will be higher seeded then you. I hope the PANSIES just get piss pounded their first game so you can just shut your mouth.

IzzyFlexion
11-20-2011, 12:13 AM
UNI hasn't lost to an unranked team at home that just lost to a team wit h2 wins. As a matter of fact we lost to a team that just beat the #2 FBS team. Why is that hard for you to figure out? If it were based on wins only why have a poll? You will not be seeded higher than UNI.

oh, you jealous little boy. You seem uncomfortable. Do you have to go potty?

Tatanka
11-20-2011, 12:13 AM

Why don't you go upstairs and ask your mommy for an advance on your allowance so we can put down some money on this statement?

Somehow I doubt you'd carry through on your end though once you lose.

DjKyRo
11-20-2011, 12:14 AM

You guys are really good at rationalizing losses. You can try a go at this one: You lost to that team that lost to a team at home that just lost to a team with two wins.

Why is that so hard for you to figure out? NDSU > UNI. Period.

bisonbills
11-20-2011, 12:18 AM

Again..... STFU

ndsubison1
11-20-2011, 01:13 AM

you mad bro?

ndsubison1
11-20-2011, 01:16 AM
1. NDSU
2. SHSU
3. Georgia Southern
4. Montana
5. Towson
Not seeded: UNI

TAILG8R
11-20-2011, 01:29 AM
After posting this a second time I believe you will disappear before tomorrow. ;)

TbonZach
11-20-2011, 01:43 AM
So.....my bet thread got locked up. Here is my bet: If you guys get a higher seed than us tomorow I will disappear, gone forever. If we get the higher seed then the powers that be need to let Lakesbison back on this site.

Who wants the bet? I can tell you Wyoming dude wants no part of it.

I'll take that bet.*

*Note: I have no authority (or wish) to bring back Lakes, but I fully expect you to hold up your end of the wager.

ndsubison1
11-20-2011, 01:45 AM
So.....my bet thread got locked up. Here is my bet: If you guys get a higher seed than us tomorow I will disappear, gone forever. If we get the higher seed then the powers that be need to let Lakesbison back on this site.

conspiracy. 2011 Champions is lakesbison!

Tatanka

Keep it up! You're actually well on your way to holding up your end of the deal whether you want to or not!

ISXBISON

So...you are Lakes and this is your feeble attempt at getting back???? Go pound sand!

Tatanka
11-20-2011, 01:54 AM
FWIW:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/fcs/FCS_Bracket.pdf

Has us #2 behind SHSU facing winner of ISUr and Maine.

CaBisonFan
11-20-2011, 01:56 AM
conspiracy. 2011 Champions is lakesbison!

Thought of this too after his last thread. He's done a good job hiding his style of writing...but now it seems perfectly logical.

Hi Lakes

DjKyRo
11-20-2011, 01:58 AM
Thought of this too after his last thread. He's done a good job hiding his style of writing...but now it seems perfectly logical.

Hi Lakes

Lakes certainly has an alternate account on Bisonville right now, but I don't think 2011 [co] Champions is it.

WYOBISONMAN
11-20-2011, 02:28 AM
Bring it on fucker.....I'll make your garbage disappear all damn night.

X-Factor
11-20-2011, 02:41 AM
Lakes certainly has an alternate account on Bisonville right now, but I don't think 2011 [co] Champions is it.

Lakes is nothing like this guy. Lakes isn't bad, but Chump....is a troll.

TbonZach
11-20-2011, 02:44 AM
Bring it on fucker.....I'll make your garbage disappear all damn night.

Can you/Tony/another mod just make his account disappear?

WYOBISONMAN
11-20-2011, 04:16 AM
Can you/Tony/another mod just make his account disappear?

He is gone........:biggrin:

BraxtonT
11-20-2011, 06:03 AM
He is gone........:biggrin:

You da man!!!

CAS4127
11-22-2011, 04:28 PM
So, I would like to see a "reverse engineering" of the selection committee's selections compared to the criteria it was supposed to use/consider. Can one of you brainiacs do that--perhaps one or more of you who were telling us EXACTLY how the selection process worked and the detailed information the committee would study in making its selections??

Or did it turn out to be a CAS-predicted "crap shoot" for the most part?????!!!

Just wondering . . . . . . . . .

CAS4127
11-22-2011, 11:01 PM
Bump:

Would like someone to do this.

NDSUstudent
11-22-2011, 11:06 PM
So, I would like to see a "reverse engineering" of the selection committee's selections compared to the criteria it was supposed to use/consider. Can one of you brainiacs do that--perhaps one or more of you who were telling us EXACTLY how the selection process worked and the detailed information the committee would study in making its selections??

Or did it turn out to be a CAS-predicted "crap shoot" for the most part?????!!!

Just wondering . . . . . . . . .

There was only one surprise, EKU making the field. Outside of that all I can really question is Montana's seeding due to having an 8-2 record with a win vs just one top 25 team. Towson beat three playoff teams and was left out with a 9-2 record. But with Montana money talks as long as they have seven DI wins.

semobison
11-23-2011, 12:05 AM
Montana got the seed because they are Montana! Of course the Big Sky autobid helped, along with beating the #1 ranked team in the country the last week of the season! Seeing them in Frisco would be a nice matchup!

ndsubison1
11-23-2011, 06:46 AM
with home games until the semis (unless SHSU gets knocked off) i really like montana to come out of that side of the bracket. i think shsu falls to montana state. they have not played anybody and i dont think theyre the best team in the field. brawl of the wild in the semis on espn2 would be sweet. i like ndsu and GSU to meet in the semis. could go either way. if drevlow is back and healthy i like our chances a little better. not sure who to pick just yet