PDA

View Full Version : Wow

unbison
11-19-2011, 05:32 AM
I just rewatched the green bay game............I cant believe how good LA already is and whats his ceiling?

Twentysix
11-19-2011, 07:32 AM
Wait and see

Kermit
11-19-2011, 04:19 PM
I just rewatched the green bay game............I cant believe how good LA already is and whats his ceiling?

I had the same experience, unbison. When I watched the game back, LA was even better than I thought. Wow is right!

NDSUFan_Sav
11-19-2011, 05:39 PM
I had the same experience, unbison. When I watched the game back, LA was even better than I thought. Wow is right!

could you see him breaking the assist record at NDSU?

unbison
11-19-2011, 06:00 PM
could you see him breaking the assist record at NDSU?
I think in four years we may say he was better then woodside...........by better i mean no disrespect to what woodside did for the program............but if we can not hope for better then our first year of elgibility who are we really? and by better i mean a more complete point gaurd.........better playmaker.....better defender.......better rebounder.....idk just my thoughts

North Side
11-19-2011, 07:44 PM
I think in four years we may say he was better then woodside...........by better i mean no disrespect to what woodside did for the program............but if we can not hope for better then our first year of elgibility who are we really? and by better i mean a more complete point gaurd.........better playmaker.....better defender.......better rebounder.....idk just my thoughts
he has played 4 games for NDSU lets not start calling better than woody, but yes LA is very LEGIT!! You can't go to the dance as a mid major with out a good point guard and now we have one!!

Bison bison
11-19-2011, 07:48 PM
he looked like a veteran in the his first home game.

Trim
11-19-2011, 07:57 PM

I hope you're right unbison. I had similar thoughts after rewatching the game too.

unbison
11-19-2011, 08:13 PM
he has played 4 games for NDSU lets not start calling better than woody, but yes LA is very LEGIT!! You can't go to the dance as a mid major with out a good point guard and now we have one!!
did i call him better then woody nope.....i said in 4 years i think we will call him better then woody...........i think ie my opinion.... i do not think my opinions are facts because there are about 116 games or so to go in LA's career

SDbison
11-19-2011, 09:38 PM
This Bison TEAM is definitely fun to watch. If they can put it all together watch out!

NDSUFan_Sav
11-19-2011, 09:41 PM

No one is calling him better then woody, he's saying we might be saying that his sr yr, a better overall player and more complete at the pg position.

ndsubison1
11-19-2011, 10:48 PM

LA already looks like an okay defender. becoming a better scorer then woody would be a tall task. i noticed our offense struggles quite a bit when he is off the floor. much better flow with him in the game. i am imoressed and he will only get better

unbison
11-19-2011, 11:15 PM
LA already looks like an okay defender. becoming a better scorer then woody would be a tall task. i noticed our offense struggles quite a bit when he is off the floor. much better flow with him in the game. i am imoressed and he will only get better

noticed i didnt say scorer.... i guess in my little fantasy land pg only needs to be an adequate scorer

ndsubison1
11-19-2011, 11:16 PM
but i did :)

KSBisonFan
11-20-2011, 01:59 AM
I agree....4 games in non-con so let's not annoint him just yet....too much pressure early is a killer. At this point he's better than we could have expected and he's only going to get better. Be patient because he'll have some bad games at some point but exciting to have his kind of talent on our team.

TheDoctor
11-21-2011, 03:28 PM

Now I remember why I rarely post on Bisonville anymore! Last I knew, unbison was a bully who had good points but never clarified. Now unbison is making potentially inflamitory suggestions and very carefully explaining himself and reexplaining himself, only to get lit up by others. As ub stated, what Woodside did to put NDSU on the D1 map will NEVER be touched. BUT, if we don't look for a player in the future to be a better pointguard than he was, then we just live in the past forever? I know Woody and I know he would say that he wants someone to come along someday and have a more complete career than his. That would mean 2-3 Top 25 wins with one coming by way of the Dance and then 2 trips to the Dance as well. My favorite team ever will always be those boys, but as far as recruited D1 athletes challenging their numbers, I sure hope some do or we were just a 1 and done program. ;)

TransAmBison
11-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Now I remember why I rarely post on Bisonville anymore! Last I knew, unbison was a bully who had good points but never clarified. Now unbison is making potentially inflamitory suggestions and very carefully explaining himself and reexplaining himself, only to get lit up by others. As ub stated, what Woodside did to put NDSU on the D1 map will NEVER be touched. BUT, if we don't look for a player in the future to be a better pointguard than he was, then we just live in the past forever? I know Woody and I know he would say that he wants someone to come along someday and have a more complete career than his. That would mean 2-3 Top 25 wins with one coming by way of the Dance and then 2 trips to the Dance as well. My favorite team ever will always be those boys, but as far as recruited D1 athletes challenging their numbers, I sure hope some do or we were just a 1 and done program. ;)
I thought it was a decent discussion. Unbison is coming around and becoming more of a Bison fan. I wouldn't really call him a bully even though we disagree on points. I also wouldn't say he was getting lit up. Unbison is a tough dude, he can take it. Besides, this was a pretty good discussion I thought. You rarely post, that's your deal. If you want Bisonville to go a different direction you should help lead...imho...

tony
11-21-2011, 03:53 PM

If that's getting lit up, I should show you some of the comments I got off of the "Special Room" in locker room? thread title change. (BTW, here's my apology for that: "I'm sorry that you guys can't read.")

Everybody seems to be agreeing that Alexander is a very good player; it's just that they don't want to put too much pressure on him early.

I say screw that. Alexander has done some amazing things and we never protected Woody from high expectations.

With Alexander, I caught myself going to gobison to see what JUCO he transferred in from - couldn't believe how well he was playing.

What a fun team to watch!

TheDoctor
11-21-2011, 04:47 PM
I agree....4 games in non-con so let's not annoint him just yet....too much pressure early is a killer. At this point he's better than we could have expected and he's only going to get better. Be patient because he'll have some bad games at some point but exciting to have his kind of talent on our team.

That's where it starts....then a follow-up comment comes like this one and instead of a conversation just about LA it becomes people defending unbison and people agreeing with the first quote, instead of just LA. Also, don't get me wrong, I know unbison can handle it, in fact, I think he used to be a bully because he enjoyed getting a rise out of people. My point is, he tried to make sure noone thought he was "anointing LA" and it still doesn't work. LA has got the potential to be a very special player and like Sauls said to Scotty Miller after the game....everything positive that happens out there, LA had something to do with the play developing that way. In fact, in LA's interview with Scotty Miller he addressed the number of assists LA had and LA simply said that he was out there to win, whether the best opportunity to score came through him or his teammates, every situation is different and instinct will tell him what to do. It is about the W, not about anyone's personal stats....... Now understand folks, that is coming from your true freshman point guard. Music to my ears! ;)

Kermit
11-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Woody is on the NDSU Mt. Rushmore. He needs no defense. But I agree, that LA has been doing some things already that are on another level. He can defend the ball. Poise, vision, distribution. I think we got a steal, folks!

The amazing thing is our staff was all-in on Wes Washpun, another great point guard prospect who blew up at the very end of the recruiting period and ended up at Tennessee...and we ended up with LA!

DjKyRo
11-21-2011, 05:19 PM
Woody is on the NDSU Mt. Rushmore. He needs no defense. But I agree, that LA has been doing some things already that are on another level. He can defend the ball. Poise, vision, distribution. I think we got a steal, folks!

The amazing thing is our staff was all-in on Wes Washpun, another great point guard prospect who blew up at the very end of the recruiting period and ended up at Tennessee...and we ended up with LA!

Taylor Baxter leaving also helped open this up, I think. A bunch of fans around here were jacked for his potential, and rightly so, and were bummed when he transferred - then LA drops into our lap. Worked out OK, I think.

As far as comparisons to Woody, Kermit nailed it - Woody will forever be on his own simply because of his ability to command a game. LA is a good point guard for other reasons - he can score when he needs to, but we finally have a PG who can effectively dish the ball and be a nagging scoring threat at the same time. Commanding the attention of a defense is such an important attribute for a good PG, and when you've got slashers like TrayVonn, Hale, and Braun, that's a lethal combination. This team could wind up being really good.

unbison
11-21-2011, 05:28 PM
I agree with what the dr is saying it is a pile on fest and I am guilty of it as well.... I don't believe the dr was trying to
Really stick up for me or say I wasn't tough he was just using this thread as an example of the posting that bothers him

LA = new comer of the year summit league

DjKyRo
11-21-2011, 05:29 PM

He'll have some competition but eminently possible. That Michigan transfer to Oakland comes to mind.

TheDoctor
11-21-2011, 07:39 PM
I agree with what the dr is saying it is a pile on fest and I am guilty of it as well.... I don't believe the dr was trying to
Really stick up for me or say I wasn't tough he was just using this thread as an example of the posting that bothers him

Amen UB! Amen! ;)

TransAmBison
11-21-2011, 07:41 PM
Three posts in a day by the poster formerly known as B1SON...better lay off the red bull... :biggrin:

Tatanka
11-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Amen UB! Amen! ;)

You know, with the new board software the signature ;) at the end of your posts kind of looks like a derp not a wise man winking. :)

TheDoctor
11-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Three posts in a day by the poster formerly known as B1SON...better lay off the red bull... :biggrin:

Actually I filled das boot full of Red Bull so I am just getting warmedup! 4 and counting! Seriously though, posting on Bisonville is a lot like drinking Red Bull, you start to get excited and can't stop at just one! lol ;)

TheDoctor
11-21-2011, 07:55 PM
You know, with the new board software the signature ;) at the end of your posts kind of looks like a derp not a wise man winking. :)

I have been thinking that with all four (now five) of my posts so far! Tony...is there anything you can do to help me here???? I am not liking the whole tongue hanging out of my mouth thing at all! :rofl:

BlueBisonRock
11-21-2011, 08:11 PM
I have been thinking that with all four (now five) of my posts so far! Tony...is there anything you can do to help me here???? I am not liking the whole tongue hanging out of my mouth thing at all! :rofl:

Kinda reminds you of how you look and feel when your son schools you? (Getting old is a b.... I mean witch!)

admin
11-21-2011, 08:12 PM

I think I got rid of the worst faux-3d smiley offenders. Testing... :) :( ;) :rolleyes: :confused:

This change will be retroactive... You should be seeing a yellow smile, purple frown, and three light blue ones. If not, you might have to refresh something in your browser.

TheDoctor
11-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Thanks Tony! Like that wink much better! (6...for those who are counting). ;)

TransAmBison
11-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Thanks Tony! Like that wink much better! (6...for those who are counting). ;)Just back away from the keyboard... :D

admin
11-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Just back away from the keyboard... :D

Hah, got the Big Grin one too now. And :eek:

TransAmBison
11-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Hah, got the Big Grin one too now. And :eek:Can you put TehDoctor on moderation? He's been spamming the board all day now. Gettin' old. :D

Mr. Burgundy
11-21-2011, 11:14 PM
Where do I start? Haha. Wes Washpun just played 16 minutes against The Doctor's Dukies....as a true freshman. They raved about his 43 inch verticle.....on ESPN...and I still told Kermet that I would take LA. LA is EXACTLY what we needed on THIS TEAM. Woody had to be a scorer on HIS team, because we didn't have many other scorers. LA is a lengthy defender who is a pass first PG who defends and runs the team. He also is a calm leader that the kids are responding too. He is coachable. We need that on this young team.

We were THIS close to Wes Washpun who is playing a ton for an SEC team, but absolutely STOLE LA. LA is going to have a great career. But, we are on the verge of forming a team around him. We have the best post player we have potentially ever had at NDSU. We have athletes at the wings and Felt can just flat fill it up.

Finally.....I get so sick of comparing other and always slanted toward the negative. Whey is it Steve Walker vs Brock? Why is it Woody vs LA? They are Bison. Everyone is different, I am just thankful that the staff has recruited talent around so many different players can beat you on any given night.

The first half against Green Bay was the best PG play I have seen in Fargo in a long time. He was terrific. I am looking forward to the Omaha and Fresno games this week.

standingrockbison
11-22-2011, 01:05 AM
im really excited for this team, there was such a buzz with the ncaa thing i'd like to see that back.
Lots of basketball fans across north dakota, every school revolves around roundball.

unbison
11-22-2011, 01:53 AM
standing rock whatever happen to russ A that played for the gophers

standingrockbison
11-22-2011, 02:28 AM
I saw this in the newsletter couple months back, thats all I know, don't know him personally.

Spring Fever Basketball tournament in spokane

Regional teams from the Nez Perce, Coeur d'Alene and Kalispel from Lapwai, Plummer and Usk took on nationally known teams like Kalifornia Skins and Iron 5 from North Dakota.

Archambault, 32, warmed up Saturday on the sidelines with his 10-year-old son. Archambault has played for Iron 5 for several years.

"It's fun for me," Archambault said.

The trip gave him a chance to catch up with relatives in the area, he said.

He spent 1 basketball season playing for the CBA's Saskatchewan Hawks. He tried out with the Milwaukee Bucks NBA team and made it down to the last cut before he was released, said Randy Gilette, 36, captain of Archambault's Indian team, Iron 5.

unbison
11-22-2011, 02:50 AM
I saw this in the newsletter couple months back, thats all I know, don't know him personally.

Spring Fever Basketball tournament in spokane

Regional teams from the Nez Perce, Coeur d'Alene and Kalispel from Lapwai, Plummer and Usk took on nationally known teams like Kalifornia Skins and Iron 5 from North Dakota.

Archambault, 32, warmed up Saturday on the sidelines with his 10-year-old son. Archambault has played for Iron 5 for several years.

"It's fun for me," Archambault said.

The trip gave him a chance to catch up with relatives in the area, he said.

He spent 1 basketball season playing for the CBA's Saskatchewan Hawks. He tried out with the Milwaukee Bucks NBA team and made it down to the last cut before he was released, said Randy Gilette, 36, captain of Archambault's Indian team, Iron 5.
wow............ thanks for the update...........but wow............really?

TheDoctor
11-22-2011, 04:32 AM
In my one year stint as the head coach in Fort Yates I had the honor of coaching with Standing Rock legend Virgil "Too Cool" Tiakoasin and Becky Archambault (Russ's sister) was my para in the gym while I was teaching PE. She was a great lady. Unfortunate end to Russ's career and basically their program at the time in Minnesota. (7 TAB!) :rofl: Anyway, back to LA........... ;)

standingrockbison
11-22-2011, 05:25 AM
Doctor, great names im impressed! yes, lots of kids down here followed the great woodside at ndsu I'd like to get ndsu to come out here for an exhibition vs a local team of players, maybe the Iron 5.

TheDoctor
11-22-2011, 06:39 AM
Doctor, great names im impressed! yes, lots of kids down here followed the great woodside at ndsu I'd like to get ndsu to come out here for an exhibition vs a local team of players, maybe the Iron 5.

Saul had better trade in the high tops for track shoes then because they play the best run-n-gun ball in the state down there. :D ;)

P.S.- Russ's little brother Chuck was the star of the team when I was down there in 99-00. Is he playing on the team with Russ now?

(Two days in a row now TAB)