PDA

View Full Version : Playoff selection show:

4mcruenomore
11-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Sunday 11-20-11 at 9 am Central Time on ESPN U, live.
DirecTV 208
8 am for us Mr. Notorious.

BisonTeacher
11-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Sunday 11-20-11 at 10 am on ESPN U, live.

I had heard 9am. Is your post Eastern? or is my info bad?

4mcruenomore
11-17-2011, 07:19 PM
edited original post

TheBisonator
11-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Is it available on ESPN3??

90 BISON
11-17-2011, 08:36 PM
http://web1.ncaa.org/NCAATV/exec/query
Nope it is 9 AM our time. Because it says that it is 10 AM Eastern time.

bisonsupporter
11-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Will the morning Sportscenter have the bracket shortly after they are announced? I dont have ESPN U.....

90 BISON
11-17-2011, 08:41 PM
There is a selection show in the Memorial Union Ballroom if you would be interested in attending that here is the link to the facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/248862975171456/

tony
11-17-2011, 09:40 PM
There was a lot more drama last year, wasn't there?

CAS4127
11-17-2011, 09:43 PM
There was a lot more drama last year, wasn't there?

There still could be this year if we lose Saturday. Ya, I know we are in, but if we lose, the question of seeding, home games, etc. gets thrown into the wind. Let's hope for very little drama, i.e., a win on Saturday!!!

X-Factor
11-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Bison will have a home game no matter what the record is. The question on any given year will be how many home games will we get, provided we make the field of 20.

THEsocalledfan
11-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Is it available on ESPN3??

Good question. Anyone know? I want to watch on xbox.

WYOBISONMAN
11-17-2011, 10:25 PM
There still could be this year if we lose Saturday. Ya, I know we are in, but if we lose, the question of seeding, home games, etc. gets thrown into the wind. Let's hope for very little drama, i.e., a win on Saturday!!!

We need a Bison win and a Montana State loss........

Tatanka
11-17-2011, 10:45 PM

If both win,

NDSU = 10-1 (1-0 FBS, 9-1 FCS, 0-0 NAIA/DII). Biggest FCS Win over then #3 UNI. Win over BCS team. Loss vs then-unranked FCS. MVFC schedule + Lafayette and StFU.
MSU = 10-1 (0-1 FBS, 9-0 FCS, 1-0 NAIA/DII). Biggest FCS Win over then #8 Montana. Loss vs FBS. Big Fluffy schedule + NAIA/DII Minot State.

Should be interesting.

CAS4127
11-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN
If both win,

NDSU = 10-1 (1-0 FBS, 9-1 FCS, 0-0 NAIA/DII). Biggest FCS Win over then #3 UNI. Win over BCS team. Loss vs then-unranked FCS. MVFC schedule + Lafayette and StFU.
MSU = 10-1 (0-1 FBS, 9-0 FCS, 1-0 NAIA/DII). Biggest FCS Win over then #8 Montana. Loss vs FBS. Big Fluffy schedule + NAIA/DII Minot State.

Should be interesting.

If both win, then Bison should be seeded above MSU. if we aren't then we no the selection criteria is not applied as written--we shall see. Anyone wanna bet?

Hammerhead
11-17-2011, 11:18 PM
It's not listed on the espn3.com schedule.

BisonTeacher
11-18-2011, 12:07 AM
edited original post

Thank you!

ndsubison1
11-18-2011, 01:08 AM
If both win,

Should be interesting.

they also lost to an average Pac 12 team. our loss was to an average MVC team. gotta take that into acount

BISONBRI53
11-18-2011, 03:12 AM
Probably wrong place for this but... I know season ticket holders get first crack at playoff tickets. Anyone know how much they run? I don't remember from last year.

aces1180
11-18-2011, 03:16 AM
Probably wrong place for this but... I know season ticket holders get first crack at playoff tickets. Anyone know how much they run? I don't remember from last year.

I think they were a dollar more than the regular season games...Unless I am thinking of something else. If not, I think they were the same.

SamsRams
11-18-2011, 05:01 AM
DirecTV 208

Wow 7 am for us over here on the Best Coast......Yuck. Im guessing EWU players and their 7 fans wont be waking up early to tune in!!

NDSUFan_Sav
11-18-2011, 05:21 AM
DirecTV 208

11/20 is a good day just sayin'

jimmyptubas
11-18-2011, 06:28 AM
Piece of useless football info:

Selection sunday (11 -20 ) is the 29th anniversary of "The Play" at the 1982 Big Game

HandoEX
11-18-2011, 01:26 PM
11/20 is a good day just sayin'
Hope you get a great birthday present from the committee!

bisonsupporter
11-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Just a thought. Is there really a difference between being #1 seed or #2 seed this year? I mean your going to have GSU, MSU, SHSU, UNI, Towson, and maybe Montana. As the top seeds. Therefore your going to get 3 of these teams in your draw with 2 of them coming to the Dome (assuming we are a 1 or 2). So would you say this year there is a #1 and #1A as far as seeding?

Hammerhead
11-18-2011, 01:53 PM
Looking at last year's bracket and the criteria listed at the site listed below, it all depends on who the #4 and #5 seeds are. I could see them giving NDSU #1, MSU #4, and UNI #5 (or giving MSU #1 and dropping us down to #4) just so we all end up in the same bracket ensuring that there is only one team from the west region heading into the quarterfinals.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/251baf00487fc31fb7d5ffb1fe52de76/2011+FB.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=251baf00487fc31fb7d5ffb1fe52de76

Gully
11-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Just a thought. Is there really a difference between being #1 seed or #2 seed this year? I mean your going to have GSU, MSU, SHSU, UNI, Towson, and maybe Montana. As the top seeds. Therefore your going to get 3 of these teams in your draw with 2 of them coming to the Dome (assuming we are a 1 or 2). So would you say this year there is a #1 and #1A as far as seeding?

I agree, but isn't that true every year?

bisonsupporter
11-18-2011, 03:55 PM
I agree, but isn't that true every year?

What if you only have 3 teams with a real shot of winning the champ? one team will be put in an easier side and the other 2 will have to play each other.

MN_Moose
11-18-2011, 04:44 PM
food for thought: Quoting Jim O'Day committee chair,
one of the issues facing the committee is whether it should start to give at-large bids to teams whose win total is below seven against Division I competition. The committee has never done that before.

But perennially strong programs such as Delaware, Wofford and Liberty and perhaps a surging Portland State squad that could move to 8-3 on Saturday face having playoff-worthy resumes that don't include seven D-I wins.

reading between the lines,
the selection committee is ok with tweaking the rules in order to get Delaware, JMU and Portland State (big FCS schools with 20-25K seat stadiums)

The selection committee:
The 11 committee members:

Jeff Barber, Liberty (Big South)
Jeff Bourne, James Madison (CAA)
Derek Carter, Delaware State (MEAC)
Charles Cobb, Appalachian State (Southern)
Craig Coleman, Robert Morris (Northeast)
Robert Hill, Stephen F. Austin (Southland)
Jim O'Day, Montana (Big Sky) - committee chair
David Roach, Colgate (Patriot)
Mark Sandy, Eastern Kentucky (Ohio Valley)
Ron Strollo, Youngstown State (Missouri Valley)
Tim Wabler, Dayton (Pioneer)

9 of the 11 members are from the Eastern time zone = not good.

The committee has in the past traded seeds for playoff spots. So, maybe that's a good thing.

bisonaudit
11-18-2011, 04:46 PM
What if you only have 3 teams with a real shot of winning the champ? one team will be put in an easier side and the other 2 will have to play each other.

I'm more concerned about who we're going to catch in our first game than who we'll have to play in the semis. Whoever's left at the end will be playing well. The Sports Network bracket has us playing Ill St which, if you believe Sagarin, would be the worst 2nd round game for a seeded team. They're better than 5 of the teams rewarded a 1st round bye (Lehigh, Old Dominion, Maine, Towson & Appalachian St.) You want to catch the Norfolk St.@Liberty or Albany@New Hampshire winner instead of Ill. St. or Ind. St.

bisonaudit
11-18-2011, 04:53 PM
food for thought: Quoting Jim O'Day committee chair,
one of the issues facing the committee is whether it should start to give at-large bids to teams whose win total is below seven against Division I competition. The committee has never done that before.

But perennially strong programs such as Delaware, Wofford and Liberty and perhaps a surging Portland State squad that could move to 8-3 on Saturday face having playoff-worthy resumes that don't include seven D-I wins.

reading between the lines,
the selection committee is ok with tweaking the rules in order to get Delaware, JMU and Portland State (big FCS schools with 20-25K seat stadiums)

The selection committee:
The 11 committee members:

Jeff Barber, Liberty (Big South)
Jeff Bourne, James Madison (CAA)
Derek Carter, Delaware State (MEAC)
Charles Cobb, Appalachian State (Southern)
Craig Coleman, Robert Morris (Northeast)
Robert Hill, Stephen F. Austin (Southland)
Jim O'Day, Montana (Big Sky) - committee chair
David Roach, Colgate (Patriot)
Mark Sandy, Eastern Kentucky (Ohio Valley)
Ron Strollo, Youngstown State (Missouri Valley)
Tim Wabler, Dayton (Pioneer)

9 of the 11 members are from the Eastern time zone = not good.

The committee has in the past traded seeds for playoff spots. So, maybe that's a good thing.

This is a concern. I think if would be bad for the quality of I-AA if they broke that guideline. In the past they've punished teams for playing weaker schedules. Kolpack addressed it in his column today. I hope that continues. In the long run I think its better for the product to encourage teams to play full DI schedules and reward them for playing quality competition.

I'm troubled that three of the bubble teams that look to be under the DI win guideline are East Coast teams. They shouldn't have a problem finding DI games.

CAS4127
11-18-2011, 04:54 PM
I'm more concerned about who we're going to catch in our first game than who we'll have to play in the semis. Whoever's left at the end will be playing well. The Sports Network bracket has us playing Ill St which, if you believe Sagarin, would be the worst 2nd round game for a seeded team. They're better than 5 of the teams rewarded a 1st round bye (Lehigh, Old Dominion, Maine, Towson & Appalachian St.) You want to catch the Norfolk St.@Liberty or Albany@New Hampshire winner instead of Ill. St. or Ind. St.

I felt this way without even knowing what the computer models were saying. I do not want to play anyone from our conference again in the PO's.

Tatanka
11-18-2011, 04:57 PM
this is a concern. I think if would be bad for the quality of i-aa if they broke that guideline. In the past they've punished teams for playing weaker schedules. Kolpack addressed it in his column today. I hope that continues. In the long run i think its better for the product to encourage teams to play full di schedules and reward them for playing quality competition.

i'm troubled that three of the bubble teams that look to be under the di win guideline are east coast teams. They shouldn't have a problem finding di games.

exactly .

bisonaudit
11-18-2011, 05:06 PM
I felt this way without even knowing what the computer models were saying. I do not want to play anyone from our conference again in the PO's.

Every team from the MVFC is likely to be placed lower in the bracket by the committee than Sagarin. The deeper you go into the MVFC the more likely this is to be true.

BISONBRI53
11-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Wow 7 am for us over here on the Best Coast......Yuck. Im guessing EWU players and their 7 fans wont be waking up early to tune in!!

I'll send ya a wake up text!

BISONBRI53
11-18-2011, 08:03 PM
I set the reminder for this last night for 9 AM. There is another show at 930. Think it is replay or a breakdown show or what?

Strommer10
11-18-2011, 08:41 PM
I like that we don't have to wait all day for this, but this is way before I usually get up on sundays. It will be rough be I have to make the sacrifice. I can always nap through the Vikings game. :smh:

CHADSTAUS
11-19-2011, 03:39 AM
I like that we don't have to wait all day for this, but this is way before I usually get up on sundays. It will be rough be I have to make the sacrifice. I can always nap through the Vikings game. :smh:

What's the difference? The queens have been napping all year also. Nap away I say!!

BisonTeacher
11-19-2011, 11:10 AM
This may sound stupid but is there a blank printable bracket anywhere so you can fill it in while watching?

Bisonfan1
11-19-2011, 12:39 PM
This may sound stupid but is there a blank printable bracket anywhere so you can fill it in while watching?

Not stupid at all, I used to do this, but then discovered that usually within hours there is a fully typed out bracket ready to print off the internet. I cant remember where I found this, ill fish around awhile and if i find it, will update here.

http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/football/fcs/2011

BisonTeacher
11-19-2011, 12:42 PM
I know there will be a printable one online after...I just like filling the bracket in while watching the show. And...thanks.

Bisonfan1
11-19-2011, 12:50 PM
I know there will be a printable one online after...I just like filling the bracket in while watching the show. And...thanks.

here you go http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/football/fcs/2011

BisonTeacher
11-19-2011, 12:53 PM
That will work. Thanks. It would be nice if it already had the location of each of the 5 seeds though. Beggars cant be choosers.

Thanks!!!!

Hammersmith
11-19-2011, 01:51 PM
That will work. Thanks. It would be nice if it already had the location of each of the 5 seeds though. Beggars cant be choosers.

Thanks!!!!
That's actually a 32 slot bracket for now, but it should be updated very quickly after the selection show. Also, I believe there will be a link with a printable version once it's updated.

GradBison
11-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Bump. For those of us without ESPNU.

Playoff Selection Show Thread.

Show is on 9:00 CST.

Strommer10
11-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Anyone think they will eventually show it on ESPN or ESPN2 later in the day? I somewhat remember them doing that last year, but I could be mistaken.

gobison
11-20-2011, 01:04 AM

Found this also for a 20 team playoff bracket:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:20TeamBracket

coloradobison
11-20-2011, 02:15 AM
It is on ESPN3/watch espn or whatever the heck they are calling it these days...though I know most of you folks in the north dont get it. I'll be up watching it!

X-Factor
11-20-2011, 02:42 AM
Wish I got ESPN U!!!

onbison09
11-20-2011, 02:53 AM
It is on ESPN3/watch espn or whatever the heck they are calling it these days...though I know most of you folks in the north dont get it. I'll be up watching it!

It is? Are you sure you don't have it set on the ESPNU schedule?

TheBisonator
11-20-2011, 03:00 AM

There's a workaround for ESPN3, anyone in the world can get it by using it.

HerdBot
11-20-2011, 03:45 AM
Thanks for the channel update I just set my dvr! then following the selection show flip over to the Bohl show!

4mcruenomore
11-20-2011, 04:27 AM

F*ckinA, seriously? Let's start a new thread on this! ha!

ThunderDan
11-20-2011, 04:37 AM

I dunno if that works anymore....I tried to use it today, and the drop down menu for providers has changed.

ndsubison1
11-20-2011, 05:30 AM

i tried it today for the montana/montana state game. looks like they fixed it

ndsubison1
11-20-2011, 05:49 AM
4 Teams I do not want to face:

1. Montana- coming off a big win vs. Montana St. and theyve won 7 in a row since stumbling at Sac St. Also have an elite cb to shut down Holloway
2. Georgia Southern- put up 302 rush yards vs. Alabama. Would not want to face their triple option attack
3. Northern Iowa- Theyre injured right now and reeling a bit, but by the time we'd play them theyd be healthy, esp. Rennie. Oh, and they will be hungry.
4. Lehigh- Not so much as the other three, but they have a high powered offense with an accurate QB. We struggled vs. YSU and could vs. these guys

3 teams I want to play:

1. Montana State- Montana exposed them. They're soft like last season. McGhee disappears vs. good defenses.
2. Sam Houston State- something tells me theyre overrated. They play in a medicore-average conference. Somethings tells me they would fold vs. a physical/good defense.
3. Any CAA team- No elite team in the CAA this season. They're good but not great. None of them scare me or overly impress me.

(Not including any of the cupcake teams)

DIBISON
11-20-2011, 06:03 AM
4 Teams I do not want to face:

1. Montana- coming off a big win vs. Montana St. and theyve won 7 in a row since stumbling at Sac St. Also have an elite cb to shut down Holloway
2. Georgia Southern- put up 302 rush yards vs. Alabama. Would not want to face their triple option attack
3. Northern Iowa- Theyre injured right now and reeling a bit, but by the time we'd play them theyd be healthy, esp. Rennie. Oh, and they will be hungry.
4. Lehigh- Not so much as the other three, but they have a high powered offense with an accurate QB. We struggled vs. YSU and could vs. these guys

3 teams I want to play:

1. Montana State- Montana exposed them. They're soft like last season. McGhee disappears vs. good defenses.
2. Sam Houston State- something tells me theyre overrated. They play in a medicore-average conference. Somethings tells me they would fold vs. a physical/good defense.
3. Any CAA team- No elite team in the CAA this season. They're good but not great. None of them scare me or overly impress me.

(Not including any of the cupcake teams)

Your #2 Georgia Southern will be at the FargoDome for the semi's on EPSN and the Bison will shut down their running game!

Twentysix
11-20-2011, 12:58 PM
I watched the UNI and lehigh game using espn3 it worked fine.

I just logged into it, works fine. Also the UM MSU game was never on espn3. Ming must be trollin.

BisoninNWMN
11-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Less than a 1/2 left!!!!

I'm seeing a #2 seed.

Looking on panthernation.....many of them think they are at least a #2 or even a #1.....

No_Skill
11-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Less than a 1/2 left!!!!

I'm seeing a #2 seed.

Looking on panthernation.....many of them think they are at least a #2 or even a #1.....

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/8/3/lolwut128622364550770010.jpg

TQ16
11-20-2011, 01:54 PM
I'm seeing a #2 seed.

I agree. I see NDSU getting the 2 seed. And everyone know panternation is full of comedians. that however, is a seriously bad joke

semobison
11-20-2011, 01:54 PM
Your #2 Georgia Southern will be at the FargoDome for the semi's on EPSN and the Bison will shut down their running game!

Shutting down the opponents running game hasn't exactly been our strong point the last two weeks! Id rather face SHSU or a Big Sky team in the semi's!

MNLonghorn10
11-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Less than a 1/2 left!!!!

I'm seeing a #2 seed.

they're all uninformed idiots too who think losing to iowa state(after beating okie st) will help them in the computers...lol.

HandoEX
11-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Let's get this damn show on the road. Soooo damn anxious!

Tatanka
11-20-2011, 01:58 PM
they're all uninformed idiots too who think losing to iowa state(after beating okie st) will help them in the computers...lol.

:hide: um, it kind of will.

No_Skill
11-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Here we go...

Tatanka
11-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Get this bespectacled fool off the TV NOW. LETS GO BISON

MNLonghorn10
11-20-2011, 02:00 PM
:hide: um, it kind of will.
how? a loss is a loss in the eyes of a computer

Tatanka
Showtime!!!

BisoninNWMN
Alright....here we go......

Bison #1 or #2....................you bet!!!

MNLonghorn10
this guy just said matt barkley is the heisman front runner? reallY?

Tatanka
11-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Montana State? WHO CARES

HandoEX
Heeeeeeeere we go!

BisoninNWMN
Montana State......why not NDSU...

WYOBISONMAN
11-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Montana State......why not NDSU...

Probably set up before the loss.

NDSUstudent
SHSU is #1

MNLonghorn10
shs is # 1

Tatanka
Shsu #1.......

JSUBison
11-20-2011, 02:03 PM
SHSU #1. wow

BisoninNWMN
SHSU is #1

Hambone
I'm pegging the Bison for a #2 or #3 seed. Not sure if SHSU will get up there or not. Good luck in the playoffs Bison! This is my favorite time of year! :)

EDIT: I guess SHSU is the #1 seed.

NDSUstudent
We'll be 2 or 3

MNLonghorn10
11-20-2011, 02:04 PM
god theyre gonna put uni #2 arent they lol

Bison bison
i want a 4 seed.

runtheoption
Hey guys, is SHSU #1?

JSUBison
I want NDSU in this bracket....

TQ16
SHSU #1 is great!!! That means the selection committe likes D1 WINS!! COME ON 2 SEED BISON

BisoninNWMN
SOS?

#2 here we come.....

jimmyptubas
Undseeded montana state

TQ16
11-20-2011, 02:05 PM
I want NDSU in this bracket....

Well then you want a 4/5 seed

TheBisonator
Keep me posted guys. I can't watch this live

BisoninNWMN
UNH is going to give the Cats a tough game....

MNLonghorn10
uni 5 montana 4!! hahahahhaha

Tatanka
UNI 5 seed. Montana 4 seed

NDSUstudent
Montana is #4 and UNI is #5

Bisonguy
2 or 3????????????????????????

BisoninNWMN
11-20-2011, 02:06 PM
UNI is #5 Montana is #4.........boy we must be a #2

TheBisonator
PLEASE I hope this doesn't mean we're unseeded....

NDSUstudent
UNI-Wofford will be a great game.

No_Skill
UNI #5

We will be 2 or 3 with GSU

JSUBison
We are 2 or 3. UNI gets the Wofford Terriers.

HandoEX
Wooooooooooo! 2 or 3? 3 or 2?

TQ16
WOW. Talk about the easier half. Looks like us and GSU. Who get's the home game?!?! AHHHH NEED TO SEE A 2 seed!!!!

NDSUstudent
11-20-2011, 02:07 PM

Settle down Bisonator.

Hambone

I think you'll be seeded - just a matter of if GSU goes to Fargo or NDSU heads south (assuming both make it to the semi's)....

JSUBison

After all the screw ups this year, I bet we don't get a home game because of the issues with UND's nicknames. :facepalm:

BisoninNWMN
We are 2 or 3. UNI gets the Wofford Terriers.

Wofford is going to be tough.....

Frickin commercials....

Hammersmith
Selection committee going to give us the game GSU backed out of?

Tatanka
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/b64569dbf8d43991019723d2c32392e4.gif

bisonmike2
11-20-2011, 02:08 PM
We gotta be the 2, right?

TheBisonator
Is it commercial???

COME ON 2 SEED!!!!!

MNLonghorn10
After all the screw ups this year, I bet we don't get a home game because of the issues with UND's nicknames. :facepalm:
id lol. for real

BisoninNWMN
11-20-2011, 02:09 PM
We gotta be the 2, right?

Man...you would think so......

We SHOULD be......praying now....

JSUBison
We get a potential QFinal matchup with App State maybe?

jimmyptubas
Here it comes.....

Hammersmith
And we're back.

BisoninNWMN
11-20-2011, 02:10 PM
CAA champ Towson.....wonder where they are going?

Tatanka
11-20-2011, 02:11 PM
NDSU......... #2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/BANANA-1.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/BANANA-1.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/BANANA-1.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/BANANA-1.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/BANANA-1.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/BANANA-1.gif

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/thdancenana.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/thdancenana.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/thdancenana.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/thdancenana.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/thdancenana.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/thdancenana.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/thdancenana.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/thdancenana.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/thdancenana.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/thdancenana.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/thdancenana.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/thdancenana.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/thdancenana.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/thdancenana.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/thdancenana.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/thdancenana.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/thdancenana.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/thdancenana.gif

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/nana-1.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/nana-1.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/nana-1.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/nana-1.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/nana-1.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/nana-1.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/nana-1.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/nana-1.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/nana-1.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/nana-1.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/nana-1.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/nana-1.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/nana-1.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/nana-1.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/nana-1.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/nana-1.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/nana-1.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/nana-1.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/nana-1.gif

HandoEX
2 seed! Yesssssssss!

jimmyptubas
Ndsu 2 SEED!!!

NDSUstudent
We are #2!!!!!!

Hammersmith

hjgfhgjf

JSUBison
F yeah!!!!

MNLonghorn10
2 seeeeeeeeeed holla!!!!!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/SCSnare/gifs/oprah_omg.gif

No_Skill
#2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TQ16
aannnnnndddd NDSU gets the 2 SEED!!!!! ALL HOME GAMES!!! THE ROAD TO FRISCO GOES THROUGH THE DOME!!!!!!! YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheBisonator
NUMBER TWO!!!! NUMBER TWO!!!!! NUMBER TWO!!!!

ok

GradBison
11-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Yeaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

BisoninNWMN
#2....take on Eastern Kentucky or JMU

HandoEX
Bring on JMU!

JSUBison
Love the highlights of the Bison running over the kittehs!

Lehigh on the road, :rofl:

roadwarrior
11-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the info. Watching updates on my phone in the hotel in Sioux falls. Going to be a great drive home!!!!

Bison"FANatic"
WOOOOOO HOOOOO. Someone post a bracket for us people that are out of ESPNU coverage.

Tatanka
Got to LOVE our side of the bracket.... LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUCK IT, UNI

Bisonguy
Fargodome gets loud. He said it! Take that knitters!!!!

MNLonghorn10
fargodome gets loud

except if you sit in section 21

Herd Mentality
11-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Playoffs!?!?!

NDSUstudent
Our side of the Bracket...

Albany/Stony Brook vs #1 SHSU
UNH at Montana State

TTU/UCA vs #4 Montana
Wofford at #5 UNI

Norfolk St/ODU vs #3 GSU
Maine at App state

Lehigh at Towson
JMU/EKU vs #2 NDSU

BisonBabe
here is a link to online viewing http://nowwatchtvlive.com/2011/09/watch-espnu-live-online-free-espnu-usa-channel-espnu-college-sports/

JSUBison
11-20-2011, 02:15 PM
App State and GSU in the same bracket, interesting.

Hammersmith
11-20-2011, 02:15 PM
Holy carp, ISUr is going to get Woofed.
Two teams for MVFC. EKU from the OVC over the Redbirds. I call BS.

MNLonghorn10
11-20-2011, 02:16 PM
ill st left out. ha ha.

No_Skill
no illinois st???????

bri-dog
Too bad 2011 Chumps already got booted. Now we can't see if he would have kept his side of the "bet"...:biggrin:

JSUBison
11-20-2011, 02:17 PM
ill st left out. ha ha.

The OVC got two in? What a joke.

bisonmike2
But if we are the 2, then that means UNI must be 1. At least that's what 2011 Champions told me.

NDSUBowler
Thanks for the info. Watching updates on my phone in the hotel in Mille Lacs. Going to be a great drive home!!!!
(FYPFM) This! Glad I was able to sweat it out via the forums!

Hammersmith
Too bad 2011 Chumps already got booted. Now we can't see if he would have kept his side of the "bet"...:biggrin:
He's already re-registered.

BisoninNWMN
Wow....no Illinois State

IzzyFlexion
11-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Dust off your shoulder pads Zach Vraa.
This shit just got real.

Injured warriors........Richard, Jensen, etc.........Buckle it up. This is the scenario that we needed.

Bisonguy
11-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Holy carp, ISUr is going to get Woofed.
Two teams for MVFC.

Yup, so much for the 7 DI "qualifying".

Looks like the committee held on to the DI only schedules > everything else. Top two seeds, full DI schedules.

Tatanka
11-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Yup, so much for the 7 DI "qualifying".

Looks like the committee held on to the DI only schedules > everything else. Top two seeds, full DI schedules.

EXACTLY.

And they respected the head-to-head. Unless suddenly a 5 seed is better than a 2 seed. HA!

Tatanka
11-20-2011, 02:21 PM
You know, this is kind of funny Montana State getting airtime now, having to explain why they're not on top. :rofl:

Tatanka
11-20-2011, 02:22 PM
MVFC disrespected, big time. ISUr would pwn half the teams in the field.

TheBisonator
My day is AWESOME now. Doesn't matter how badly the Vikings get their asses kicked.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
Any place we can get this bracket in print?

JSUBison
11-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Any place we can get this bracket in print?

Will show up shortly.
http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/football/fcs/2011

Bison03
I like our side of the bracket. I see us winning the first two. Potential georiga southern, or app state semi final at the dome. That would be epic. Not looking ahead though. Playoff football baby, time to rest up a week then strap in on and play Bison football.

BisoninNWMN
Maybe they'll say why Illinois State doesn't get in.....

jimmyptubas
What do people know about ticket purchasing options and times?

NDSUstudent
11-20-2011, 02:24 PM
If we play JMU they are a very run orientated team with a solid defense, should be an interesting match up.

Bisonfan1
11-20-2011, 02:24 PM
You know, this is kind of funny Montana State getting airtime now, having to explain why they're not on top. :rofl:

What a love fest they are having with the Bobcats ??

bisonmike2
11-20-2011, 02:25 PM
You know, this is kind of funny Montana State getting airtime now, having to explain why they're not on top. :rofl:Was thinking the same thing. Thanks again Grizzlies for the home field advantage.

Tatanka
11-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Jim O'Day confirming that playing D-II teams puts you in jeopardy.

BisoninNWMN
11-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Committee chairman just said it......7 D1 wins is pretty important.....too bad Delaware....

TheBisonator
11-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Jim O'Day confirming that playing D-II teams puts you in jeopardy.

Maybe that will teach a lot of teams a lesson...

Tatanka
11-20-2011, 02:28 PM
They're not even talking about ISUr being a bubble team. WOW.

Tatanka
11-20-2011, 02:29 PM
If we play JMU they are a very run orientated team with a solid defense, should be an interesting match up.

JMU beat 1 (one) team that had a winning record. They just got called out on the show. WOW.

MNLonghorn10
11-20-2011, 02:30 PM
that fat dude on the right side really loves ndsu, haha.

Hammersmith
11-20-2011, 02:31 PM
The selection committee's butt love of the CAA makes me want to vomit.

Strommer10
11-20-2011, 02:31 PM
They're not even talking about ISUr being a bubble team. WOW.
That suprises me. I thought they are a tough team and would've been fun to watch in the opening round next week.

Tatanka
11-20-2011, 02:32 PM
The selection committee's butt love of the CAA makes me want to vomit.

THIS. 5 teams ? FIVE????

semobison
11-20-2011, 02:33 PM
First two games potentially against the CAA?

MNLonghorn10
so jastram has missed 2 fg's, and 3 extra points?

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
Who wins it all? "Winner of GS/NDSU." Nice cred, but IMO the kiss of death.

Lets hope not.

EmbdenBison
What a joke that the CAA gets 5 in and Ill St is out

BisonTeacher
11-20-2011, 02:38 PM
So do we know if we play Fri or Sat and what time yet???

No_Skill
11-20-2011, 02:40 PM
So do we know if we play Fri or Sat and what time yet???

I believe we will know later today.

Bison03
11-20-2011, 02:52 PM
All second round games are Saturday

HandoEX
11-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Nothing would be better than having NDSU and GSU each keep winning so those chicken shits would be forced to come to Fargo in the same season that they backed out of the same trip. That would be incredible!

Tatanka
11-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Nothing would be better than having NDSU and GSU each keep winning so those chicken shits would be forced to come to Fargo in the same season that they backed out of the same trip. That would be incredible!

More true words have rarely been typed.

Strommer10
11-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Absoultely! They can back out now! But we have to take care of business first...

EmeraldCityBison
11-20-2011, 03:00 PM
Printable bracket here:

http://fcsnow.com/Documents/2011%20bracket.pdf

semobison
11-20-2011, 03:02 PM

In the 2009 playoffs the CAA had 4 teams in the quarterfinals, 2 in the semi's, and the national champion! Recent success in the playoffs is probably why they got 5 teams in! East coast Bias?

Twentysix
11-20-2011, 03:06 PM
Our side of the Bracket...

Norfolk St/ODU vs #3 GSU
Maine at App state

Lehigh at Towson
JMU/EKU vs #2 NDSU

Fixed it for you

Bisonwinagn
11-20-2011, 04:18 PM

The CAA deserved it based on the GPI. EKU makes absolutely no sense at all as the OVC is bad and hasn't won a playoff game since 2000.

A1pigskin
11-20-2011, 05:11 PM
It would be funny to see GS in Fargo; however, I think App. St will beat them again.

GRAFTONBISON
11-20-2011, 05:32 PM
:cheers:Most likely two CAA teams and then a SoCon team in the Dome. IMO this is what we have all been waiting for.

Now they just need to take care of business!!!

Strommer10
11-20-2011, 05:35 PM
:cheers:Most likely two CAA teams and then a SoCon team in the Dome. IMO this is what we have all been waiting for.

Now they just need to take care of business!!!
I would like to see this, but don't sleep on Lehigh... Ask UNI about them.

BisonTeacher
11-20-2011, 05:39 PM
I know we all want respect for the MVC. But if we think the MVC teams are better than those that got in from the CAA, we should be glad that worse teams made the playoffs. Makes our road a little easier.

Strommer10
11-20-2011, 05:52 PM
I don't like UNI, but I hope that we meet them in Frisco. Now THAT would gain some respect.

BisonCardinal
11-20-2011, 06:11 PM

Considering TV programming has to plan weeks in advance, I am thinking ESPN had to make a guess in planning where to put the camera's for showing the number 1 seed. Guess they guessed wrong.

Although I appreciate ESPN having the selection show, it kind of shows what much ESPN is willing to invest in FCS. I mean really one camera on MSU, couldn't afford to put one at SHSU or GSU or NDSU?

onbison09
11-21-2011, 11:36 PM
W O W http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/79-college-sports-journal/chuck-burton/107-was-it-espn-that-chose-eastern-kentucky-for-the-field

ndsubison1
11-22-2011, 12:01 AM
MVFC disrespected, big time. ISUr would pwn half the teams in the field.

Eastern Kentucky's AD is on the selection committee. He had to have some influence. There's no way EKU deserves it over Illinois St.

ndsubison1
11-22-2011, 12:04 AM
i would not be shocked if ODU beat Georgia Southern

NDSUstudent
11-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Checked out ISU Red's board and their fans are still pissed to put it mildly. Their coach is still reeling from being left out...

http://wjbc.com/a-day-later-spack-still-perplexed-with-fcs-selection-committe/

perthbison
11-22-2011, 11:11 PM
Checked ISU Red's board and their fans are still pissed to put thing mildly. Their coach is still reeling from being left out...

http://wjbc.com/a-day-later-spack-still-perplexed-with-fcs-selection-committe/I'm wondering if the poor showing by the Valley teams in the playoffs, aside from NDSU, last year might be what caused this.

semobison
11-22-2011, 11:58 PM
I'm wondering if the poor showing by the Valley teams in the playoffs, aside from NDSU, last year might be what caused this.

Since we joined the Valley in 08 the conference record in the playoffs is 6-7! UNI had the deepest run making the semi's in 08! Not great success by any means!

CAS4127
11-23-2011, 12:00 AM
But, but . . . that's not one of the specified criteria!!???

NDSUstudent
11-23-2011, 12:03 AM
I'm wondering if the poor showing by the Valley teams in the playoffs, aside from NDSU, last year might be what caused this.

ISUR was hurt because YSU and ISU Blue crapped their beds, ISUB was ISUR's only good win and beating a 6-5 team isn't going amaze a lot of committee memebers. ISUR also probably should have played an FBS team in retrospect.

semobison
11-23-2011, 12:07 AM
What hurt the Redbirds the most was not taking care of UNI when they had them on the ropes!

RadBison
11-23-2011, 04:08 AM
W O W http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/79-college-sports-journal/chuck-burton/107-was-it-espn-that-chose-eastern-kentucky-for-the-field

Wow, one whole game on the ESPN (broadcast) family for the first 2 rounds? Again, thank you NCAA, fine deal you've signed with the devil.